Scottie Scheffler putter change - 2024 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Well he’s getting  closer.  

Closer to the LaB putter that will eventually make him dominant.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

23 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

goes from a $5000 custom putter to a $350 putter.. I am not sure what that says. But it says something. 

He would put with a 2x4 if it helped... he is searching hard...

• Haha 1
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

3 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Well he’s getting  closer.  

Closer to the LaB putter that will eventually make him dominant.  

Is this what LaB sold to Adam Scott as well? 😂 

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Just now, asroma19 said:

Is this what LaB sold to Adam Scott as well? 😂 

Scott isn’t a dominant ballstriker.  But he is a very good putter. Now.  

• Confused 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, leftygolfer15 said:

Actually, he made him one last weekend. He spent most of last weekend with the Odyssey rep testing putters, but the Spider won out.

Really? Confirmed? That's cool, if so. I'm a big Lamb fan (haters can bite me). Would be cool to see what Tyson cooked up for him. Guessing a blade? Tyson has teased a new mallet design recently, and I also spotted a mallet in Olson's staff bag setup on the green last week. 

I'm having difficulty understanding why so many people feel that a L.A.B. putter will be the quick fix. Do I completely understand the concept of their tech? Of course. Hell, I've messaged back and forth with Sam himself, but there are concessions to the fact that it may not be for everyone. Despite data, some people may not like the look of something at the address position or the feel.

I know that Scotty is just searching for something that will be an instant fix for good instead of trying to find some sort of consistency or eliminating one variable at a time. When you're trying to be the best in the world, I can see how tough and taxing this would be on your mentality. One day the putter works and the next day it doesn't. 

We all sit back and offer our suggestions but at the end of the day, Scotty needs to trust the data and his gut. He has quite a few people feeding information, and at this point, it's doing more harm than good. Having just gone through a fitting, I could say that the fix is doing just that. The truth of the matter is that he's just going to keep searching and trying things until he has something in his hands that checks all the boxes and provides him with the confidence he once had. 

• Like 3

Taylormade Qi10 9° - Tensei Blue X Link 65x

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 16.5° - Tensei Blue RAW 75x

Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW - Modus 115 S

Vokey SM9 50/54/58 - S200

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Cruiser

Titleist Pro V1

42 minutes ago, PSUJJH86 said:

Really? Confirmed? That's cool, if so. I'm a big Lamb fan (haters can bite me). Would be cool to see what Tyson cooked up for him. Guessing a blade? Tyson has teased a new mallet design recently, and I also spotted a mallet in Olson's staff bag setup on the green last week. 

Yes, confirmed. And the mallet is really, really nice. 🤫

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bobfoster said:

Well my my how fun. 

Love the "Pro Only" grip. 🤣

So it's made out of some super secret material with an individually crafted shape or something that only Very Special People can get access to? I mean, I can see putters, or irons, or drivers being highly customized for some pros, but c'mon, it's a flippin' putter grip

If it were truly for "Pros Only" my a** would be in prison right now.

On 3/5/2024 at 10:09 AM, MattM97 said:

Odd on how long this putter lasts? 

Also odd on what's next? 

- Olson -300

- TaylorMade (other model) -250

- Scotty -160

- LAB +150

- Odyssey +500

- Axis1 +2500

- Putt-Putt Putter +10000

- Ol' Billy Baroo +50000

I don't like how much juice you're trying to squeeze with those odds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

Michael Breed had a good segment on it this morning. Basically, the struggle train will continue based on the information he is pretty privy too about how he got into his current setup. 

Interested what that is.  Can you explain a little more?  Thanks 

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

I'd love to see him come out and try something closer to the 'ol Billy Baroo, at least a 8802 style or old school Bullseye.   He is trying to fix his putting with technology; he needs to learn to putt more like a kid again....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

2 hours ago, KC4441 said:

Interested what that is.  Can you explain a little more?  Thanks 

One of the main comments is Breed thinks, based on his experience fitting putters, Scottie taking line off ball is a tell sign the putter he's using isn't fit properly because he can't square up the ball line and putter lines and his aim is off due to an ill fit  with chosen putter. Apparently, Scottie was sent 5 putters to work with and not really properly fit for any of them. Seems like his team is guessing by adding 1/2" inch, removing ball line, smaller grip and changing to a plumbers neck. Basically a "crapshoot" as Breed said. If you have SiriusXM, you can get today's show and listen to it in the first hour.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MerryTex said:

I'm having difficulty understanding why so many people feel that a L.A.B. putter will be the quick fix. Do I completely understand the concept of their tech? Of course. Hell, I've messaged back and forth with Sam himself, but there are concessions to the fact that it may not be for everyone. Despite data, some people may not like the look of something at the address position or the feel.

I know that Scotty is just searching for something that will be an instant fix for good instead of trying to find some sort of consistency or eliminating one variable at a time. When you're trying to be the best in the world, I can see how tough and taxing this would be on your mentality. One day the putter works and the next day it doesn't. 

We all sit back and offer our suggestions but at the end of the day, Scotty needs to trust the data and his gut. He has quite a few people feeding information, and at this point, it's doing more harm than good. Having just gone through a fitting, I could say that the fix is doing just that. The truth of the matter is that he's just going to keep searching and trying things until he has something in his hands that checks all the boxes and provides him with the confidence he once had. 

My 2 cents ( worth as much as anyone’s) 

you’re almost answering your own question.  Yes. Follow the data. The data is never going to show as consistent ballspeed , or speed control with the blade.  Too many guys today play with the high moi sticks.  You can hit them from extreme heel to toe and barely lose an inch of roll.   

my opinion on watching him putt for a couple seasons now.  This goes for Rory too. He’s not exactly the best putter.  But the spider did help him.  Just on speed control.    They both miss an inordinate amount of putts touching the edge. Now it’s common to think that it’s just poor green reading.  No. It’s almost always poor distance control .  It’s very hard to be confident in reads if you aren’t confident in speed control.  And we’re taking inches of roll here on 10-12 footers. And 12-24 inches on 20-30 footers. This makes a huge difference.  So he’s in a constant hunt and guess pattern.  1.  How good will I strike it in both a strong arc path , and high low / heel toe on the face.  That’s 5 ways to miss.  2. What line to guess on based on the strike/speed guess.   He’s at a place where it’s literally hit and hope some days.  I’ve been there. Except it was hit and fail. No hope of making a putt.  The fix after several years was this. 

fitting with someone who knows. I won’t name drop.  But i was fit by a well known instructor.  Over several weeks. Yes weeks of fine tuning.  That’s where the lab tech comes in.  It’s zeroing  out path ( if fitted correctly) , has moi enough to miss extreme toe , and heel and keep same ballspeed , and they produce a roll that is unmatched as far as I’ve seen.   This all adds up to instant distance control.  And I’m talking in inches - again.  Once this is seen. Learning to read once you hit the line and the speed , is easy.  You’ll see quickly that you will narrow the reads. You’ll learn that you were slightly hooking  and slightly drawing putts.   Then they start going in.  From there it’s just more and more and more. Confidence through the roof. Etc. 

if he can find this with the spider. He will improve.  It doesn’t have to be lab.  But lab will get it for sure with a real fitting.    Just watch him putt. He burns more edges than anyone. And watch those that burn. They run by the hole too far.  Or they’re dead middle 6 inches short.  Every dang time. 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

One of the main comments is Breed thinks, based on his experience fitting putters, Scottie taking line off ball is a tell sign the putter he's using isn't fit properly because he can't square up the ball line and putter lines and his aim is off due to an ill fit  with chosen putter. Apparently, Scottie was sent 5 putters to work with and not really properly fit for any of them. Seems like his team is guessing by adding 1/2" inch, removing ball line, smaller grip and changing to a plumbers neck. Basically a "crapshoot" as Breed said. If you have SiriusXM, you can get today's show and listen to it in the first hour.  

I find this all very hard to believe. The best player in the world with unlimited instruction and resources can’t get properly fit for a putter? He’s just out there winging it? I don’t see it. He’s clearly struggling with putting, but I doubt it’s because he can’t get the proper specs for the actual putter. 

Edited by PSUJJH86
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PSUJJH86 said:

I find this all very hard to believe. The best player in the world with unlimited instruction and resources can get properly fit for a putter? He’s just out there winging it? I don’t see it. He’s clearly struggling with putting, but I doubt it’s because he can’t get the proper specs for the actual putter. 

If you can, listen to the show. He explains his view on what a true fitting encompasses and he doesn't think Scottie has completed a fitting to this level. I'm sure Scottie has done a ton, but there's more to it than getting the length, loft, lie, hosel and grip spec'd. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:16 PM, Avidswampthing66 said:

Dang I was hoping for something more....exciting 

image.jpeg.1ce2edac246e205ab3a11ebd5c6844e6.jpeg

I'm excited - The putter he's chosen is an amazing stick...

I'm sorry, these ridiculous monstrosities would be like putting with a shovel let alone a 'broom'. Should've been shaped like a 'Y', and called Y.I.P. vs. L.A.B.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

On 3/5/2024 at 9:09 AM, MattM97 said:

Odd on how long this putter lasts? 

Also odd on what's next? 

- Olson -300

- TaylorMade (other model) -250

- Scotty -160

- LAB +150

- Odyssey +500

- Axis1 +2500

- Putt-Putt Putter +10000

- Ol' Billy Baroo +50000

No way he goes to a LAB right? I mean I’m personally a LAB Rat 🧪 but he just strikes me as a “just can’t stand the look” kinda guy 

9 hours ago, PSUJJH86 said:

I find this all very hard to believe. The best player in the world with unlimited instruction and resources can’t get properly fit for a putter? He’s just out there winging it? I don’t see it. He’s clearly struggling with putting, but I doubt it’s because he can’t get the proper specs for the actual putter. 

The problem with putter fitting is that you can't get SAM PuttLab or Quintic Ball Roll System type feedback during competition and as we're talking millimeters and tenths of degrees between average and great putting rounds it can be a bit of a lottery. Close enough isn't always close enough.

He might actually putt well with an L.A.B. broomstick as the stroke is foreign to standard, you're not trying to force the putter. You can see Mickelson doing that at the moment and a few players seem to fight the design.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tommyboi95 said:

No way he goes to a LAB right? I mean I’m personally a LAB Rat 🧪 but he just strikes me as a “just can’t stand the look” kinda guy 

It was just a joke my comment but who knows at this point. Plenty of other guys have gotten desperate, got a LAB and turned things around. But if Scottie likes what he likes then he won't switch. But doesn't mean he doesn't have one at home he's trying out, golfers love to tinker but golfers also love comfort. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

29 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

It was just a joke my comment but who knows at this point. Plenty of other guys have gotten desperate, got a LAB and turned things around. But if Scottie likes what he likes then he won't switch. But doesn't mean he doesn't have one at home he's trying out, golfers love to tinker but golfers also love comfort. 

I’d love to see him just catch fire with one. Think it would be awesome for the brand but really want to see him do well

So did he keep the Spider in play? I haven't seen it just yet. I missed the 10-footer he had on 3. I guess he missed it too?

Titleist Pro V1

Just now, ae1985 said:

It looks like he's using the spider and missing a lot of putts.

Yikes. Welp. Back to the drawing board I presume. 

Titleist Pro V1