2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Can a 4-handicap man beat an LPGA pro?

True story and you can google it if you don't believe me.

A 14 year old high school GIRL once beat 47 PGA tour players in a tournament and tied 15 other players!

Not a LPGA player but a high school girl. And not a 4 handicapper but PGA tour players including some top name players.

That high school girl was the number 3 ranked woman in the world with a 2nd place finish in 4 LPGA majors, and yes they rank amateurs that play LPGA events. Far cry from the 100th ranked women who has an average 5 strokes higher per round.

Brittany Lincicome played in a Hooters winter series event when she was one of the top women in the world and the longest. She missed the cut by 7 and was 18 shots behind the leader after 36 holes.

First, she was not the number 3 ranked player in the world when the tournament I referenced took place. Rankings for the women did not begin until 2006 and the tournament took place in 2004. At that point, she had finished 4, T9, T13, and T39 in majors with no 2nd place finishes as you state.

In 2004, she played in 7 LPGA events with a stroke average of 71. In 2004, the 100th ranked LPGA player averaged 73.2 which is only 2.2 over Wie's average. Not the 5 strokes as you stated.

Yea, Brittany shot 74-77 and tied for 81st out of 104 players. So she did beat some of the men, all of whom were probably "plus" handicappers.

Sorry it was 05 where she averaged 67.5. The guys at the bottom of the Hooters Tour winter series aren't plus handicaps and are donating to the purse.

Lincicome said she hit it great the entire 36 holes and didn't miss a shot in her round of 77.

I think LIncicome also said she putted terrible.

True story and you can google it if you don't believe me.

A 14 year old high school GIRL once beat 47 PGA tour players in a tournament and tied 15 other players!

Not a LPGA player but a high school girl. And not a 4 handicapper but PGA tour players including some top name players.

That high school girl was the number 3 ranked woman in the world with a 2nd place finish in 4 LPGA majors, and yes they rank amateurs that play LPGA events. Far cry from the 100th ranked women who has an average 5 strokes higher per round.

Brittany Lincicome played in a Hooters winter series event when she was one of the top women in the world and the longest. She missed the cut by 7 and was 18 shots behind the leader after 36 holes.

First, she was not the number 3 ranked player in the world when the tournament I referenced took place. Rankings for the women did not begin until 2006 and the tournament took place in 2004. At that point, she had finished 4, T9, T13, and T39 in majors with no 2nd place finishes as you state.

In 2004, she played in 7 LPGA events with a stroke average of 71. In 2004, the 100th ranked LPGA player averaged 73.2 which is only 2.2 over Wie's average. Not the 5 strokes as you stated.

Yea, Brittany shot 74-77 and tied for 81st out of 104 players. So she did beat some of the men, all of whom were probably "plus" handicappers.

Sorry it was 05 where she averaged 67.5. The guys at the bottom of the Hooters Tour winter series aren't plus handicaps and are donating to the purse.

Lincicome said she hit it great the entire 36 holes and didn't miss a shot in her round of 77.

I think LIncicome also said she putted terrible.

She had a couple three putts. I've never putted bad enough to shoot 77 when I "didn't miss a single shot". A couple 3 putts should still have been a 72 if she didn't miss a shot.

When Richard finally beats this thing, I think him, Maddie, and I should take it on the road as a gambling trio. Imagine all the pigeons (Sneads word) that we could pull in with a cancer survivor with an eye patch, an overweight construction worker, and a sexy blonde that men just assume they can beat out of principle! I'm also good for high 70's left handed so that will play in for sure.

I think I could sell tickets to a match with Maddie and a trio of mid single caps playing 200 per hole.

The Color of Money!

Can just see them pulling up to a course just plowed under that used to host the big money matches! Or Richard doing a little Werewolves of London while Maddie makes a bunch of birdies!

I was a 3 in college and our best player was actually on the women's team, she would play from the men's tee with us, using a Sunday bag with 7 clubs and EMBARASS US

You played college golf as a 3?

Yep, never said I was the top player :) NAIA also

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

When Richard finally beats this thing, I think him, Maddie, and I should take it on the road as a gambling trio. Imagine all the pigeons (Sneads word) that we could pull in with a cancer survivor with an eye patch, an overweight construction worker, and a sexy blonde that men just assume they can beat out of principle! I'm also good for high 70's left handed so that will play in for sure.

I think I could sell tickets to a match with Maddie and a trio of mid single caps playing 200 per hole.

How many shots do you need? Phoenix winter?

Richard.....I never said anything about a swat......Not sure how that came into the equation.....Good luck with the MRI.....Quick prayer for you on my end.

It's me Bro. That's really all she Plays cuz of lessons, the shop, etc., and he could Play her head up in it and they would be out of the group games.

I know her thinking and it is that obviously teeing off with a bunch of Pros and then you could have Nathan Smith or Sean Knapp in your group, and well, you'd better have a solid memtal game even if you're not Playing them.

That is her thing when guys start talkin smack or stupid s*** about caps versus this or that. She's not talking about meeting some guy on the first tee and have a nice friendly s*** & giggles "money" game.

Obviously the guys like Monte, Isaac, Dan, B.helts and McCann, just to name a few, eat that s*** up cuz they Play that kinda stuff or have Played it and it's like riding a bike for them. Not so for someone north of scratch. And if someone has their sights on becoming a Player, then it shoukd be the same as a game with their buds.

But like I said, the only guys who stay and Play in the Inter-Club and are scratch to 2~ are guys like Monte, Isaac and Dan who've stepped away from the game and basically play 1-2 times a month in the swats. They are also capable of goin low and throwin a 66-67 like Frankie Furhrer III did last year when he had a 66 from the backs at Oakmont in July and it was his 6-7th round of the year(He's the 1~).

Anyway, I'll tell ya what I'd like-

When I'm able to get out and ride around if you can get over here and we can all go out for s**** & giggles and have some fun, even your 4~, lol.

I never used to laugh and have fun on a course and when I get back, well, I'd better have a real good sense of humor, haha.

Thanks for the thoughts and Prayers and Maddie sends a hug. She really is sweet, she's just been hanging around me too much recently, lol

Now they're making me wait, haha.

Have a nice afternoon.

Sounds good......Your swat sounds a lot like the guys i used to play with when i lived in Virginia. I was a +2 then and had trouble keeping up.....Now days at around -2, i wouldn't want to think about it......Had some great times though.

I was a 3 in college and our best player was actually on the women's team, she would play from the men's tee with us, using a Sunday bag with 7 clubs and EMBARASS US

You played college golf as a 3?

Yep, never said I was the top player :) NAIA also

You still Played and have some great memories!!

I don't regret for a second the path that I chose in college(football) however I went back to my BFF's son's homecoming game a few years ago and he Plays at a nice small DIII school and the whole atmosphere was so different and we went into the locker room and it was like a 180* from a DI locker room but maybe in a good way, lol. These guys all had fun and when the game was over, they were free till Monday at practice and then films Monday evening. We saw Saturday's game film Sunday at 1:00pm and then Sunday evening at 6:30 we started film for the next week. My bud's son seemed to be having fun along with a life outside of football. It seemed like HS ball, which was a a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast in college and have no regrets but it was a friggin job.

I'm sure that you had a blast, Played some great courses and tourneys and have wonderful memories.

Is there a NAIA National Championship in golf, either teams or individual?

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Hey, it's me, Jacobs, and I'll scoot outa the hospital to see this, lmao. Definitely tell him to bring some cash, seriously.

Damn, this day started out horrible and now my blood pressure bell went off, lol

Great day!!

Regards,

RP

Can I get in on this??? serious question

I don't think that it's gonna be however if you ever get up here, lemme know. I may not be able to Play and I'm not allowed to drive the carts but I'll ride shotgun and keep ya loose, haha.

I just talked to my Bro and he hadda 71(They Play Par 70 with #9 a par 4) over at Oakmont this afternoon and lost $850, lmao. He had to birdie 15 & 17 for that.

That sucks when ya Play well but it ain't enough.

Plus, you're on the Plus side so you're were excluded, lol.

Have a nice evening :)

All the Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

A lot of people arguing EMOTIONS and FEELINGS against facts in this thread...

Bro, these are two of the triad of a WRX discussion

The third is combining the fore mentioned words with a tone of certainty that far exceeds one's actual knowledge on the subject matter-

I'm the poster child for such a discussion :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever my Friend,

RP

Only one way to find out. Set up a game, and let's put our money where our mouth is.

Original topic, can a 4 hdcp male beat an average LPGA tour pro? I'll take the lady for $1000 from any tee box.

Maybe Iteach or Richard can set this up?

Forget LPGA, I'll take Sammy against any 4- on the Board-

She's Played in her first Symetra event

And yea, I'll put a grand down on it-

Ya have to be a 4- on the board

One of you yahoos who lives west of me that has nothing better to do for a few days can pick me up in the Burgh and we'll make a road trip out of it cuz Sammy Plays outa the east, Jersey I think.

This could be fun, just like road trips back in college :)

All the Best,

Richard

Only one way to find out. Set up a game, and let's put our money where our mouth is.

Original topic, can a 4 hdcp male beat an average LPGA tour pro? I'll take the lady for $1000 from any tee box.

One of you yahoos who lives west of me that has nothing better to do for a few days can pick me up in the Burgh and we'll make a road trip out of it cuz Sammy Plays outa the east, Jersey I think.

All the Best,

Richard

HaHa, you are asleep by 8:00-8:30 most nights. You snore like power saw and you're cranky in the morning. Oh yea, You'd be a blast on a road trip, lolol. I love you to pieces sweetheart, but you're not who you used to be(Thank God, haha). I'd concentrate on getting permanently discharged from the hospital before you start galivanting around the country on road trips, lol. Lovingly, M

I came into this thread expecting lots of people completely misunderstanding the handicap system. Was not disappointed. The USGA really needs to do a better job explaining to people what a handicap index actually is and how it's calculated because it's clear that like 90% of golfers have no clue (I.e. it's NOT average score in relation to par and it should not go up or down based on what tees you play).

LPGA player would destroy a 4 handicap.

Titleist 917 D2 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Max X
TaylorMade '16 M2 3HL - AD DI 8X
Adams Pro black Hybrid 20, Voodoo X
Titleist 718 CB 4-9 DGTI X100 SS 
Cleveland RTX4 Black 46, 50, 54 DGTI S400

Titleist Vokey SM7M Black 59.07 S400
Ping Milled 0

Just going off the times I've seen scorecards with both men's and women's ratings, the women's rating is usually 6-7 higher. So a true scratch guy would be 6-7 better than a true scratch women. This would get compressed more as you go into the pluses because of the way handicaps are calculated in the plus range. Also, LPGA has much less depth than pga. I'd say top 10 LPGA probably could play to a plus 5 or so men's cap, but as you get outside the top 50 I'd bet they perform more on par with a plus 2 or so men's. So a four cap guy wouldn't be close, but a solid plus cap amateur guy could probably compete with most LPGA players outside top 50.

Wow! Can't believe this thread is on page 10 and still going. Actually I can. Sorry women. About 80% of golfers are men, and a large percent of those men are of a privileged lot. They think that they're just talking facts. They don't even realize how insulting they're being to LPGA golfers...

If it is true, it isn't insulting. It is just a fact.

Wow! Can't believe this thread is on page 10 and still going. Actually I can. Sorry women. About 80% of golfers are men, and a large percent of those men are of a privileged lot. They think that they're just talking facts. They don't even realize how insulting they're being to LPGA golfers...

How it insulting? Every person on this thread said a 4 would get destroyed. Literally every single person said a 4 would lose. Then it went into what level player would it take to beat an lpga player

All the Best,

Richard

HaHa, you are asleep by 8:00-8:30 most nights. You snore like power saw and you're cranky in the morning. Oh yea, You'd be a blast on a road trip, lolol. I love you to pieces sweetheart, but you're not who you used to be(Thank God, haha). I'd concentrate on getting permanently discharged from the hospital before you start galivanting around the country on road trips, lol. Lovingly, M

Gallivanting sounds like a good goal to think about to help get the heck out of there!

Being a fact and being insulting are not mutually exclusive.

You're statement is wrong.

Disagree. No one is stating an abusive remark. No one has disparaged women. They're determining at what level a man can compete with a lpga pro. Nowhere has anyone been insulted.

Pointing out thresholds of performance isn't insulting. It is simply categorizing talent and performance.

I came into this thread expecting lots of people completely misunderstanding the handicap system. Was not disappointed. The USGA really needs to do a better job explaining to people what a handicap index actually is and how it's calculated because it's clear that like 90% of golfers have no clue (I.e. it's NOT average score in relation to par and it should not go up or down based on what tees you play).

In theory, yes.

But in this match, 4 male vs. LPGA player, it's a gross match, no hdcp.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

Titleist 755 Irons
PING Forged wedges
Cleveland Huntington 2

4hdcp vs. Ariya Jutanugarn, 3 rounds, Pride rules, who wins?

Pride wins

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I understand that white slacks are out of the question for someone my age and build but what about white bermudas? With a dark golf polo or darker or baby blue button down?

Thanks much!

All the Best,

RP

Disagree. No one is stating an abusive remark. No one has disparaged women. They're determining at what level a man can compete with a lpga pro. Nowhere has anyone been insulted.

Pointing out thresholds of performance isn't insulting. It is simply categorizing talent and performance.

You didn't disagree so much as change the premise.

That's cool. I appreciate your opinion, which is completely different from your previous statement.