Odessey Versa #7 WBW 36.5" Super Stroke Lite Slim 3.0

Idiot: "Hey is that the new M1?"

Me: "Yes"

Idiot: "do you mind if I give it it a hit? I'm thinking of getting one"

Me: "I'm left handed"

Idiot: "and?"

Me: "you're right handed. Can you play left handed?"

Idiot: "how do you know I am right handed?"

Me: "because you've been hitting balls right handed two bays down from me for the last 30 minutes, and you're currently wearing a glove on your left hand"

Idiot: "ok I am right handed. I haven't ever tried to play left handed, but I probably could"

Me: "yeah, um, no. I think you should go in to the shop and ask to try a demo M1"

Idiot: "what if they haven't got one?"

Me: (getting exasperated) "then I guess you can't try one"

Idiot: "but you've got one, and you won't let me try it"

Me: "that's because it's left handed and you're right handed"

Idiot: "what difference does that make?"

Me: "seriously?"

Idiot: "I'll let you try mine in return?"

Me: "I don't want to try yours"

Idiot: "why not?"

Me: "because it's right handed"

It went on for another 5 minutes. Needless to say he didn't get to try my driver. :russian_roulette:

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Me: "because you've been hitting balls right handed two bays down from me for the last 30 minutes, and you're currently wearing a glove on your left hand"

Idiot: "ok I am right handed. I haven't ever tried to play left handed, but I probably could"

Me: "yeah, um, no. I think you should go in to the shop and ask to try a demo M1"

It went on for another 5 minutes. Needless to say he didn't get to try my driver. :russian_roulette:

should have told him he could swing it with a 600 dollar deposit lol.

I am baffled by how a person can be as stupid as this person must have been....

good thing you didnt, that sounds like a recipe for either a nice sky mark, or him hitting the ground first and possibly breaking the shaft. I never let people I dont know hit my clubs, and even if I do know them, I am still wary of it.

Speaking of ^ senior year another kid on my golf team wanted to try my driver . Let's just say he wasn't the most accurate or consistent kid . I was a captain so really had my back up to the wall. I let him try as soon as j handed it too him I had eBay open and searching for a new head

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

I am baffled by how a person can be as stupid as this person must have been....

good thing you didnt, that sounds like a recipe for either a nice sky mark, or him hitting the ground first and possibly breaking the shaft. I never let people I dont know hit my clubs, and even if I do know them, I am still wary of it.

He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, that's for sure. Fortunately, being a southpaw means you don't get asked by others to try your bats very often. In fact, I have only been asked once before, by the head pro at my club. I had a shiny new i20 driver, and he asked to hit it. Having seen him hit balls on the range left handed I thought it would be OK. However, there's a BIG difference between hitting an 8 iron and a driver. He proceeded to hit the ground about 6 inches behind the ball and put a filthy great scuff mark on the top of the face and crown. To hit credit, he did apologise and got it refinished.

Back on topic, I remembered another stupid comment from the range a few weeks back. I was hitting my driver, hitting a nice 5 yard draw, when someone piped up and said "you know you could hit a much bigger draw if you strengthened your right hand grip a bit" I asked what the benefit of hitting a bigger draw would be, and he walked away!

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I would lend my jock strap before I would turn any of my clubs over to a stranger.

Not necessarily on the range but whenever walking into a golf store you can always hear some hack/new golfer being fed straight bs by a sales guy. ¨I see this new $400 driver being a real nice asset to your game¨ or if on the simulator ¨you always gotta add at least 15% more distance to your shot¨ One of the funniest is once at the PGA superstore and some guy was being convinced into buying a brand new scotty after rolling in 2 straight 5 footers ¨the ball comes off real nice from that putter face. Really pure roll¨

Not the most ridiculous, but kinda overheard something that caught my attention.

I was at the "range" the other day and a dude behind me was kinda decked out with gear, and hitting balls, Was watching on and off but more concentrated on what I was doing, (point being he was not doing anything out of the ordinary or stood out)

Move to the putting green and hes doing his thing, there is a younger guy there, so there is 3 of us chipping/putting around the green. All of a sudden the guy that was with me on the driving range asked the other kid to try his golf ball. Telling him about how its a specialty prototype ball etc.

I smiled a little thinking ooooohhh boy here we go.....then the conversation developed, the younger kid asked him if he was a "pro" and the other guy responded no, not yet, but I will be in a year or 2, I should be on the PGA Tour in a year or 2.

I just kept smiling........ the odd thing, is that the guy didnt ask the kid back the same question as the kid was pretty good....

Moving on the kid and I move to the chipping side of the range..... I'm messing around as my wife was sitting there watching and was ready to go home, the kid walks up to me and asks if he can give me a tip/lesson, I obliged as again he was good..... So a 30 minute lesson ensues...... I pack up and as I leave, I see 2 club pros walk up to the kid and start talking to him and then about 2 groups of golfers walk by to stop to talk to him. "light bulb" holy crap, is he a Monday qualifier, while I didnt recognize who he was, my instincts say he is some upcoming amateur.

LOL...at the random dude telling him about prototype balls and how he will be on the PGA tour in a year or 2.....I think the kid will be on the PGA tour in a year or 2....I think the guy will still be chipping around a putting green... yikes.....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Was a group of guys at the range the other day that could easily have been WRX'ers. Talked a superb game, giving eachother useless tips, and although they weren't terrible at golf, they weren't as good as they thought. One dude was hitting big pull hooks and when asked if that's where he was aiming replied "Nah, I'm just trying to ease it down there with a baby draw, but just overdoing it a little". By overdoing it, he meant hitting 25 yard hooks. They were talking so loud too about their games, it's like they were trying to announce to the whole range they were there and how good they were, and how great their kids were. Intolerable.

At a range this afternoon that attracts all sorts of skill levels. I'm in a bay, the one to my right is empty, the one to the right of that has a guy with a really slow and awkward swing who's swearing and thumping/dropping his club after every shot.

I'm hitting 3 woods (really good) and drivers (meh), when a guy fills the spot between us. I'm striping my 3 wood and the two other guys are just laying sod over. The guy who filled the middle bay says to the other one "man, your tempo is so awesome, I wish I could get mine like that" and then hits two more ground balls. They get into a discussion about tempo and swing thoughts as if they were hitting missiles all afternoon. Two wrongs make a right I guess

These distance markers are wrong. I hit my "insert iron number" at least xxxxxxxx yards. Ah yes longer than Dustin Johnson are we sir??

Ironically...the 3 ranges I go to do have the distances wrong. The distances are measured from the centre mat area. I always hit off grass from an angle and laser each sign and flag.

honestly about every range I go to is wrong...typically 7-12 yards off.

I have played a few nice resort courses where their ranges are lasered daily and they have a board where they post the yardages for that day. It's funny because in all reality it wouldn't take muni courses that long to do, because the person who sets the range up in the morning could accomplish it, and it would be going that extra mile for your customers.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

"Range balls don't fly as far, with your ball that's a great drive"

Not totally ridiculous. The range I frequent on my lunch break has the cheap Srixon low compression range balls, and they fly about 15-20% shorter in the air than a true 2 or 3 piece ball. I always save the 4-5 "real" balls I find in my bucket for last and watch them carry 30 yards passed where the range balls were landing.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

"Range balls don't fly as far, with your ball that's a great drive"

Not totally ridiculous. The range I frequent on my lunch break has the cheap Srixon low compression range balls, and they fly about 15-20% shorter in the air than a true 2 or 3 piece ball. I always save the 4-5 "real" balls I find in my bucket for last and watch them carry 30 yards passed where the range balls were landing.

I don't even think about distance at the range -- there's so much variation among the balls you'll find in a bucket most places I go (there is one exception near me, where they do a good job of keeping their supply of balls in good shape, and the ones they have actually perform much like a ball you'd use on the course), I'm concentrating on making solid contact and on hitting it in the direction of my target, and on shot shape when I try to act like I can shape shots.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Lol @ this thread. Some Gold in here. I haven't had too many run-ins at the range, unfortunately, but this thread makes me wish I did.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

The public range I often go to nowadays is a hoot. Never know what you'll get. Sunday the 3 stalls in front of me were two young palookas and the girlfriend of one of them. Priceless pearls of golf wisdom being shared there. Behind me the dude hitting balls had his shaft break and his iron head go sailing 70 yards downrange. He was pretty freaked.

Saturday just myself and another gent had the place to ourselves, he put on Pandora playlist with a ton of Neil Young, CSN&Y and we both caught each other singing solos while hitting balls, it was pretty funny.

Some days its like date night, other days its a bunch of juniors with their parents and some days its like the barbershop. No one line stands out, its just a steady stream of funny stuff because of the wide diversity of golf skill and knowledge.

" where ya been Bill... you missed yesterdays game"....... He replied " I was int he city picking somethin up" .... someone asked, "Oh ya, whats that" Bill said, " this" (and he pulls a ring 2 + carat outta his bag). "Awww for christ sake Bill! ...ya gonna ask the twenty two year old bartender ta marry ya....AGAIN!"

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

I would lend my jock strap before I would turn any of my clubs over to a stranger.

You wear a jock strap to play golf?

Young guy sets his bag next to me. Navy leather bag, looks to be 35 years old. It has somewhere between 15-22 clubs in it. I would tell you he was wearing jeans, and steel toe boots, but I'm sure someone would assume I'm being judgmental.

I'm working on my hybrids and fwy woods that day. So I catch my hybrid flush. 240 to the net, bounces into it

Guy: Nice F%^^&*$%in shot!

Me: Thank you

Guy: How far is a good 7 iron? 100 yds?

Me: I'd say more than that

Guy 200yds?!?

Me: more like 150, to the white flag out there

Guy: thanks

Guy: you can tee off with any club, right?

Me: Sure can

Guy: not just the driver?

Me: you got it.

Guy: Thanks

WTF

Not heard but seen... a bag with right-handed irons and left-handed woods. Hadn't I been warming up for a round, I would've stuck around to see the guy switch.

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6
Woods: ST 180 or MP-650 - Irons: MP-H5 / MP-53 / MP-4, KBS Tour S - 50º: MP-T5 / 55º: FG Tour PMP  / 60º: RTX ZipCore - Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4

Young guy sets his bag next to me. Navy leather bag, looks to be 35 years old. It has somewhere between 15-22 clubs in it. I would tell you he was wearing jeans, and steel toe boots, but I'm sure someone would assume I'm being judgmental.

I'm working on my hybrids and fwy woods that day. So I catch my hybrid flush. 240 to the net, bounces into it

Guy 200yds?!?

WTF

Everyone is a beginner once.

Guy 200yds?!?

WTF

Sounds like a guy who is just learning and had some genuine questions. Never too late to start.

Forever Changing at this point.......

The guy next to me is hitting driver after driver, jumping around like he has had WAY too much coffee mumbling to himself. After a while he turns to me pointing at a broken tee in the ground, "See that? That's the way you're supposed to hit them, so the tee breaks!" Very proud of himself. I don't remember having a response.

I learned something new that day. Imagine my dismay many years later when Peter Kostis evaluates Adams Scott's driver swing slow motion at the WGC Caddillac last week. He commented on how the tee still being in the ground showed a correct shallow path for driver. Not!!! It wasn't broken!!! Scott and Kostis don't have a clue.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

You wear a jock strap to play golf?

Sometimes, need to borrow it?

Was at the range today, 40 mins in these 2 chicks come along (early 20's, blonde and brunette both had hair in identical buns and both had obnoxious sunglasses). They are topping balls out there and giggling after about 10 mins I watch one of them try to hit around 4 balls at the same time and after she hit she said "wow, golf is the boringest thing ever".

That's a classic. I'll bet he had an Arsenal headcover on his driver. :D