PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit expecting people to buy $100 "sleep recovery" shirts.

They also make too many of basically the same thing.

I am a huge UA fan, but SMH at some of the products they release.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

People are realizing their shoes are horrible, compression and tee shirts are over priced. They are becoming a Polo company. I personally love the product, but it is is overpriced. People can only have so many $25.00 blank tee shirts.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Heard a few times that the price in the US is very expensive, here in the UK their products certainly seem to be available at the lower end of the established brands when it comes to prices.

That said some of the items which are available at the lower end of the bracket don't scream out quality.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

If you Google "Under Armour in trouble", you will find what amounts to the same article regurgitated about twice a year for each of the past five years. I own several UA products as well as several products from other manufacturers and find UA to be on par and in some cases better than others. I own three pair of Gemini shoes. Best and most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

Much ado about nothing in my opinion. UA will be fine.

As a shareholder, I'm not worried. I think they are a great, up and coming company. I think they are the most dangerous competitor to the almighty Nike. Their quality does vary as you'd expect from a growing company but they have some great products. Their latest golf pants for example, I think are the best on the market...unlike Nike, I've never seen them drop below $40 anywhere (after sale price). In comparison, I got some Nike Tiger Wood $125 list pants for $30 at their outlet and they had a white model ($90 list) for $15.

Just ask yourself this...if you were given a golf shirt and pants for Xmas that were either UA or Adidas, which would you prefer? Right now, those 2 companies are fighting for distant second place to Nike in the sports world but have huge growth potential.

As others have stated above, I think their stuff is way too expensive. Hats are $30, Pants are $80, Polos $70...Hell, their "packable rainsuit" is $250!

Maybe I am just getting older, but I remember when $100-$150 got you a lot more gear than it does today! It's not just UA either...everyone seems to be in the same boat.

- Josh

some of these designers and product developers, let alone the execs who let some of these things go to retail.

2 examples

Nike: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/shield-desert-mens-golf-poncho/pid-11194961/pgid-11501130 - $150 for a Golf Rain Poncho????

Sure, Michelle Wie will wear one during a tournament at some point (she still Nike apparel)?

UA: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-athlete-recovery-sleepwear-henley/pid1300041-001

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-athlete-recovery-sleepwear-pants/pid1300042-001 - $200 for pajamas????

Sure Tom Brady wears them, he gets paid too.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

As a shareholder, I'm not worried. I think they are a great, up and coming company. I think they are the most dangerous competitor to the almighty Nike. Their quality does vary as you'd expect from a growing company but they have some great products. Their latest golf pants for example, I think are the best on the market...unlike Nike, I've never seen them drop below $40 anywhere (after sale price). In comparison, I got some Nike Tiger Wood $125 list pants for $30 at their outlet and they had a white model ($90 list) for $15.

Just ask yourself this...if you were given a golf shirt and pants for Xmas that were either UA or Adidas, which would you prefer? Right now, those 2 companies are fighting for distant second place to Nike in the sports world but have huge growth potential.

If you actually aren't worried about losing 25% of your investment overnight, then you should be buying like crazy right now. It should seam like an incredible deal at the current price if you like the stock that much.

If you actually aren't worried about losing 25% of your investment overnight, then you should be buying like crazy right now. It should seam like an incredible deal at the current price if you like the stock that much.

I did buy more. Guess we can look back at this forum in a couple years and see if that was the right move or not.

As for pricing, yes, they are overpriced but so is everyone else. I can't remember the last time I saw someone at the golf shop go through the line and pay retail for a golf shirt that was priced $90-125 like some of Nike's shirts. I saw they had some compression pants on their website for $170...haha. It's to brainwash us into thinking $85 is a great deal for compression pants when they are 50% off.

I actually think there is a potential soft goods bubble that may impact a lot of these companies (not just Under Armour). Prices keep going up for increasingly disposable goods. We all now that these products cost very little to produce. Seems like the market is ripe for a disruptive company to try and undercut the big boys.

Companies selling shoes for over $200 that don't have replaceable spikes and waterproof warranties over a year? I remember when a couple hundred dollars would get you shoes that would last a decade if you took care of them ...

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

I actually think there is a potential soft goods bubble that may impact a lot of these companies (not just Under Armour). Prices keep going up for increasingly disposable goods. We all now that these products cost very little to produce. Seems like the market is ripe for a disruptive company to try and undercut the big boys.

Companies selling shoes for over $200 that don't have replaceable spikes and waterproof warranties over a year? I remember when a couple hundred dollars would get you shoes that would last a decade if you took care of them ...

K Sig shirts next?

I did buy more. Guess we can look back at this forum in a couple years and see if that was the right move or not.

As for pricing, yes, they are overpriced but so is everyone else. I can't remember the last time I saw someone at the golf shop go through the line and pay retail for a golf shirt that was priced $90-125 like some of Nike's shirts. I saw they had some compression pants on their website for $170...haha. It's to brainwash us into thinking $85 is a great deal for compression pants when they are 50% off.

Don't get me wrong brother. If you like the stock you should buy on the dip....it's just a really scary dip.

I don't mean to be an a** or rub salt in the wounds, I just think that "not being worried" about that kind of drop has to be a bit of an exaggeration.

Edit...I'm actually wearing a pair of Fortis right now and have a pair of Fortis 2's coming in the mail tomorrow. Most comfortable sneaker I've ever had on my foot.

Heard a few times that the price in the US is very expensive, here in the UK their products certainly seem to be available at the lower end of the established brands when it comes to prices.

That said some of the items which are available at the lower end of the bracket don't scream out quality.

Yes UA seem cheap compared to the likes of footjoy,Nike ,addidas etx

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

Yes UA seem cheap compared to the likes of footjoy,Nike ,addidas etx

You know. Perception is so very interesting. I have never liked Nike. I've quite literally Never owed ANY Nike product In my lifetime and I'm in my 40's. It always seems cheap to me and the shoes never fit me right. Hate it. Hate it all. Especially the golf specific stuff.

Different strokes as they say...

For everyone saying their gear is overpriced: no. They're right in line with other comparable manufacturers. They don't make junk.

Don't judge a company by a few days on the stock market. This same sentiment has been echoed previously at about the midway point of every single one of their "3 years to double profit" plan.

They've never been the best at anything they do, so it's amazing they've gotten this far. They came out with moisture wicking fabrics and lit the world on fire. Shortly thereafter Nike introduced their own moisture wicking clothes and I found them to be superior, even to this day.

Say what you want about the "recovery products"... I actually really enjoy them after being highly skeptical

In the end, they'll be just fine.

$5 billion a year in revenue and they are in trouble? Missing a Wall Street number does not mean your company is in peril. I would say their brand is as strong as ever....and building. Just take a look around you sometime. I see kids and adults all the time decked out in UA gear. I frequently visit 2 different outlet stores in my area and they are PACKED 7 days per week. Remember this is still a pretty young company (barely 20 years old). No chance of them being as big as Nike/Adidas anytime soon but I'm impressed with their story.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Don't get me wrong brother. If you like the stock you should buy on the dip....it's just a really scary dip.

I don't mean to be an a** or rub salt in the wounds, I just think that "not being worried" about that kind of drop has to be a bit of an exaggeration.

Really would depend on price he bought in at and if it's a long term or short term investment. Maybe he's already tripled his investment.

$5 billion a year in revenue and they are in trouble? Missing a Wall Street number does not mean your company is in peril. I would say their brand is as strong as ever....and building. Just take a look around you sometime. I see kids and adults all the time decked out in UA gear. I frequently visit 2 different outlet stores in my area and they are PACKED 7 days per week. Remember this is still a pretty young company (barely 20 years old). No chance of them being as big as Nike/Adidas anytime soon but I'm impressed with their story.

I was thinking the same thing. Their growth slowed some is all. All

that does is get them off the darling list; hardly a harbinger of doom.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Their problem is the majority of sales come from the North American market and retail here has been down. Also, these companies need to realize that giving millionaire athletes money and free gear doesn't equate to more sales. Tom Brady can afford $100 sleepware most people can't

Mp

You're not factoring in how strongly people value the brands they display in public. The guy making $500k per year usually doesn't want to be wearing the same suit or driving the same car as the guy making $50k per year.