Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Comments

• FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭

FourTops wrote:

A 30 capper drags out his new MP-18's...shanks the 7 iron so bad I have to get his ball out of the cup holder in my cart so he can drop...and he says "I love the feedback on blades!".

So Awesome and so true!

I honestly don't make this stuff up....the only thing I made up was the ball wasn't in the cup holder....it was in my golf bag...but I thought nobody would believe that...I had to empty my bag to get the ball out.
  • 976-Evil976-Evil Hacker Extraordinaire Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    ^ it went into the top of your bag where your clubs are? Wow.

Callaway Rogue
    Taylormade M2 3W
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged - 4-GW
    Vokey SM5 - 56/60
    TM Ardmore 3

edited Jul 31, 2018 #724
    After driving an hour to the course, you open the trunk and realize you took the "other car" that has a set of 1972 Golden Bear blades with Hogan (real) woods you were planning to sell on Craigslist.
  • foxy222foxy222 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:

The group ahead of you has their mother playing with them.

I guess it depends on the mother, my buddies mom shoots in the 60s, I usually think its gonna be a long day for me losing money to her.
  • foxy222foxy222 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭

FourTops wrote:

A 30 capper drags out his new MP-18's...shanks the 7 iron so bad I have to get his ball out of the cup holder in my cart so he can drop...and he says "I love the feedback on blades!".

So Awesome and so true!

Nothing feels like a bladed Mizuno
  • Shifty76Shifty76 Members Posts: 349 ✭✭
    Had a couple of kids, maybe 10 & 12 in front of me yesterday. They probably took around 20 shots each on the opening hole, but waited on the tee box of #2 to let me through. Seemed like really nice kids.

If only some of the other people I run into on the course were as courteous.
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 576 ✭✭
    You birdie the first hole (sorry if someone said it already).
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MB 7-PW - DG X100 SS
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,849 ✭✭
    edited Aug 8, 2018 #729
    When the person you've been paired up with swings so hard at their second shot and walks full Tour Sauce "after it", not realising the ball actually went backwards a bit...
    edited Aug 8, 2018 #730
    Somebody says "hey...are those women's clubs?" and you figure out your wife played a joke on you by replacing all the clubs with hers and she re-used your club head covers.
  • DaveLeeNCDaveLeeNC Pinehurst, NCMembers Posts: 5,252 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

Somebody says "hey...are those women's clubs?" and you figure out your wife played a joke on you by replacing all the clubs with hers and she re-used your club head covers.

You know that you are in for a long day when your spouse comes home after a round of golf where he/she had to play with your clubs that you swapped out on him/her as a joke.

dave
  • tips09tips09 Members Posts: 269 ✭✭
    dunz wrote:

...when you're warming up in the practice range before you're tee time and you're chunking, duffing, topping the ball left and right and can't get your swing together.

I guess that's why they call it practice, eh?

This happened to me a couple weeks ago and figured I was going to have a very rough day. Ended up shooting my personal best. I'm going to try and get the chunks every warmup.
    Callaway GBB Epic 9* Paderson Kinetixx VMT 870 S+
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Project X Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
    Srixon Z565 3 Iron Steelfiber I95 S
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Nike VR Forged Raw 50* 54* DG S400
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58* DG S400
    Cleveland HB #1
    Srixon Z Star
  • tgsevers81tgsevers81 Members Posts: 316 ✭✭
    When you open your car door and place your feet upon the golf course parking lot!
    I use golf clubs, 14 to be exact!  Mostly my putter though!
    edited Aug 17, 2018 #734
    When you go on the SSG thread and post your experiences with near-death using SSG...seeing yourself from above....checking out the speed radar from the ceiling of a hospital ER room....watching Doctor's using defibrillators to bring you back from the light.
  • Smash FactorsSmash Factors Members Posts: 3,674 ✭✭
    When you get to the first hole and there's a group in front of you waiting to tee off because the group in the fairway is waiting for the green to clear.
    Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
    Some random 3 wood
    My same, old irons
    A few wedges...
    Scotty Cameron Fastback
    edited Aug 17, 2018 #736

When you get to the first hole and there's a group in front of you waiting to tee off because the group in the fairway is waiting for the green to clear.

That's child's play. How about a group of walkers...on blue tees....6800 yard course....for which 3 of them hit their driver <100 yards...and the last player's shot ricocheted off a red tee straight backwards into the rough next to the black tees?
  • Smash FactorsSmash Factors Members Posts: 3,674 ✭✭
    FourTops wrote:

That's child's play. How about a group of walkers...on blue tees....6800 yard course....for which 3 of them hit their driver <100 yards...and the last player's shot ricocheted off a red tee straight backwards into the rough next to the black tees?

Yeaaaaaah.....that's gonna be a long day also.
    Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
    Some random 3 wood
    My same, old irons
    A few wedges...
    Scotty Cameron Fastback
  • ltjacksonltjackson Northwest, FLMembers Posts: 538 ✭✭
    This hits way to close to home.
    You ate a ton of Mexican food with HOT Jalapeno's the night before. Then after teeing off...you try...but fail...to hold in a wet ****. So then there's two choices...

A) Continue knowing....ewwww.

B) Purposely hit your driver deep into the woods and take a wetted golf towel.
  • thug the bunnythug the bunny Members Posts: 6,141 ✭✭
    tsecor wrote:

when the 4some ahead of you is all over under the age of 75 25 and they wait until the 4 some ahead of them are on the green 500 yards away.......

....and they all are dressed to the nines with logos courtesy of daddy's paycheck and have baseball grips and swing like they are at batting practice and finish their swings on their back foot and all drive about 150 in various combinations of chunks and **** and they have no clue about POP etiquette.

There we go, that's better.

tsecor wrote:

when the 4some ahead of you is all over under the age of 75 25 and they wait until the 4 some ahead of them are on the green 500 yards away.......

....and they all are dressed to the nines with logos courtesy of daddy's paycheck and have baseball grips and swing like they are at batting practice and finish their swings on their back foot and all drive about 150 in various combinations of chunks and **** and they have no clue about POP etiquette.

There we go, that's better.

Well IMO tell those rich kids to have their dads buy the course and move to 15 minute tee times.
  • okieboy84okieboy84 ClubWRX Posts: 113 ✭✭
    ...when the single they have paired you with takes 5 practice swings before each shot, and takes divots on each one.
  • arbitragearbitrage Norwalk, CTMembers Posts: 857 ✭✭
    When one of the "enjoy nature" guys from the "Why is everyone is such a big hurry?" thread is in the group in front of you.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero - 12.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5 Wood: Callaway Epic Subzero- 17 Deg - [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] GD Tour AD MT - &S[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrid: Callaway Epic - 20 & 23 deg - Recoil 780 F5
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 - 6i-SW - Recoil 110 F4
    Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
    Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
    Ball: Taylormade TP-x
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font]
    ltjackson wrote:

I don't mind birdie on the first hole if its a par 5 though. Had a birdie on my 1st hole every round (3) in my local tourney this weekend. All par 5 starting holes.
    Team NIKE
    My WITB
  • jli2636jli2636 Members Posts: 1,050 ✭✭

ltjackson wrote:

I don't mind birdie on the first hole if its a par 5 though. Had a birdie on my 1st hole every round (3) in my local tourney this weekend. All par 5 starting holes.

You know you are in for a long day when you have a 3 putt par from 20 feet on an opening par 5.
    jli2636 wrote:

ltjackson wrote:

You know you are in for a long day when you have a 3 putt par from 20 feet on an opening par 5.

Okay that's pretty bad lol
    Team NIKE
    My WITB
  • HatsForBatsHatsForBats Members Posts: 1,695 ✭✭

jli2636 wrote:

ltjackson wrote:

Okay that's pretty bad lol

Guess it depends on the hole in question and the players handicap. A favorite course of mine starts with a par 5 that if you miss the approach left there is OB and anything left of the green usually kicks OB unless you catch the sand trap. Therefore the safe play is to the right side of a narrow green which usually leaves a severe downhill putt. Even from 20 feet away I wouldn't be too disappointed with a 3 putt par.
  • FootWedge16FootWedge16 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    foxy222 wrote:

RN4LGolfer wrote:

The group ahead of you has their mother playing with them.

I guess it depends on the mother, my buddies mom shoots in the 60s, I usually think its gonna be a long day for me losing money to her.

My buddy's mom benches 350 and runs a 4.4 40.
  • edbauer13edbauer13 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    "It's 95 degrees and your playing partner rolls up in pants with a tour staff bag"
  • PutterKilledTheDreamPutterKilledTheDream Members Posts: 3,328 ✭✭
    Back in 2000.....my boy and I are waiting for our ‘2some partners’ at our local gritty muni.

A 5’6” African American fella strolls down to #1 Nike’d out in a red polo black slacks black hat...... with what appears to be a homeless caddy carrying his name staff bag.

Were speechless...... shank left off first tee.

Dude looked like an overweight midget version Tiger impersonator. We assumed maybe he was a dealer and his caddy a customer, Tbey played through. Never seen anything like that in 30 years of golf.
  • pwapwa Members Posts: 86 ✭✭

Back in 2000.....my boy and I are waiting for our ‘2some partners’ at our local gritty muni.

A 5’6” African American fella strolls down to #1 Nike’d out in a red polo black slacks black hat...... with what appears to be a homeless caddy carrying his name staff bag.

Were speechless...... shank left off first tee.

Dude looked like an overweight midget version Tiger impersonator. We assumed maybe he was a dealer and his caddy a customer, Tbey played through. Never seen anything like that in 30 years of golf.

I've played WITH that guy!