Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro Series.

Comments

• dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    Most likely only for japanese market
  • Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 510 ✭✭
    I am looking forward to checking these out. I am surprised by the lack of reviews of the 919 hot metals, and think a lot of people are waitimg for this release.

The forged are great on their own, and I also think these will be comparable to cf16, 565, and forged tec.
    Fusion 10.5
    EX10 Beta 16.5 and 18

XCG7 Beta 22
    Zu85 5
    565 6-pw
    RTX 3 50.10, 54.08
    SM7 58.08

Long neck putter
  • hardtenhardten Members Posts: 3,609 ✭✭

I am looking forward to checking these out. I am surprised by the lack of reviews of the 919 hot metals, and think a lot of people are waitimg for this release.

The forged are great on their own, and I also think these will be comparable to cf16, 565, and forged tec.

I have owned many sets over the years and a regular at the top local golf shops,ie. Carl’s Golfland etc. Aside from hitting my own sticks ( Wilson C-300 Forged and 900 Hot Metals.) I always grab a newer couple irons to stay current with equipment. Rarely to I see a significant difference unless of course I am demoing a different genre iron such as a true blade or big SGI.

I only bothered trying the 919 HM Vs my 90O HM. Typically take a 919 Forged . I personally don’t notice a discernible difference in HM models assuming I am using a similar shafts. I am just assuming there are so many reviews on the 900s many don’t bother reviewing the 919. Just an observation.

• Puttersaurus RexPuttersaurus Rex one swing at a time Members Posts: 510 ✭✭
    hardten wrote:

I have owned many sets over the years and a regular at the top local golf shops,ie. Carl’s Golfland etc. Aside from hitting my own sticks ( Wilson C-300 Forged and 900 Hot Metals.) I always grab a newer couple irons to stay current with equipment. Rarely to I see a significant difference unless of course I am demoing a different genre iron such as a true blade or big SGI.

I only bothered trying the 919 HM Vs my 90O HM. Typically take a 919 Forged . I personally don’t notice a discernible difference in HM models assuming I am using a similar shafts. I am just assuming there are so many reviews on the 900s many don’t bother reviewing the 919. Just an observation.

Yeah, I thought that may be why as well. Glad to hear they are similar. I never tried the 900's, and I liked the 919's in a quick demo trying a new shaft. Since this is WRX, usually there is a thread for everything, lol. Cheers!
    Fusion 10.5
    EX10 Beta 16.5 and 18

XCG7 Beta 22
    Zu85 5
    565 6-pw
    RTX 3 50.10, 54.08
    SM7 58.08

Long neck putter
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 370 ✭✭

hardten wrote:

Yeah, I thought that may be why as well. Glad to hear they are similar. I never tried the 900's, and I liked the 919's in a quick demo trying a new shaft. Since this is WRX, usually there is a thread for everything, lol. Cheers!

Yeah same here, honestly I’m not a big fan of the 919 Forged compared to the 900 forged, I don’t understand why Mizzy went so chunky with the 919 Forged... kind of a bummer, the Tour’s on the other hand...ermahgerd. Amazing.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • dannykosdannykos Members Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Surely there’s some more info buzzing around on these by now?! Spy pics?
  • cliffhangercliffhanger spruce grove albertaClubWRX Posts: 1,754 ClubWRX
    how about this 919 forged 2 iron tour only. found it on twitter.

Driver: M6 (10.5 deg) with Project X Smoke 60X playing at 45 inches
    3Wood: M6 (14 deg) with Project X Smoke 70X playing at 43 inches
    Hybrid: M6 #3 with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95X
    4-GW: P760 with KBS Tour X (all bent 2 deg flat)
    HiToe Wedges: 56/10 and 60/10 (all bent 2 deg flat) with 2.0 hi-rev shafts
    Mullen 2 TP putter @ 34 inches 
    TP 5 ball 

All grips 360 tour velvet burgundy with 1 extra wrap

Sun mountain 4.5 stand bag

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,332 ClubWRX
    Mizuno keeps things about as tight as anyone as far as pics.
    TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 380 ✭✭
    I'm currently playing a T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2 iron and I am looking to replace it this year. Maybe I should stay in the Mizuno family... drool...
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
    Warrick wrote:

Mizuno keeps things about as tight as anyone as far as pics.

Which is fair enough - but surely some on here have hit them and can attest to distance / feel / looks comparisons with the non pro version?

I’m itching to buy - and just need to know if the lofts / yardages will be the same.
  • Cheesehead42Cheesehead42 Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    I'm not sure. The shop I go to is the largest Mizuno retailer in the Southeast and he said that he was told by the rep that he would not see anything until Feb.

He did say that lofts on the long irons are 2° weaker than the HM's and 3° weaker on the short irons.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WITB:[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage 60g X-Flex[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC FliHi Px LZ 6.5 2 iron[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 3i-PW Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mizuno S18 Wedges: 49,53,59 Modus3 120 X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom Black Lab Flow Neck Putter[/font]
  • golf_junkygolf_junky Members Posts: 120

I'm not sure. The shop I go to is the largest Mizuno retailer in the Southeast and he said that he was told by the rep that he would not see anything until Feb.

He did say that lofts on the long irons are 2° weaker than the HM's and 3° weaker on the short irons.

So basically forged lofts on a HM frame. Boy I wish I would have waited now.

Well now I’m really confused?! The early talk was of distance lofts packaged in a more ‘players’ form. Hard to see what Forged specs in an HM design has to offer?
  • icemakricemakr Charter Members Posts: 523 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 9:01pm #105
    Just saw the Mizuno HM 919 Pro

No pics until Feb 1

Didn’t hit it but compared the size and shape to P790 & i500

Very similar blade length and offset to i500, i500 topline (slightly) thinner, sole is def slimmer

Looked to my eye slightly shorter blade length than P790 but it might be the bigger P790 hosel

From the top,they looked very similar. HM 919 Pro sole is a wider, mostly at the toe

New hybrid looks awesome, (DIR not sure if that’s the name?) direct iron replacement

Black on black, wave tech in sole, sort of Titleist H1ish, a little smaller)

blends right into set. Iron shaft length and lies
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK 9(-1) 2KXV Blue<br />Cobra F9 Tour 15.5* Atmos<br />Ping g400 7w DVS 80<br />Cobra King oversize 21* hybrid<br />Cobra King Forged TEC black 6-GW Steelfiber i95<br />Cobra King Black 58*<br />Callaway 64*<br />Tour Issue 2ball<br /><br /> MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"<br />OG wrxer (check my member #)<br />
    Cobra King F9 SPEEDBACK 9(-1) 2KXV Blue<br />Cobra F9 Tour 15.5* Atmos<br />Ping g400 7w DVS 80<br />Cobra King oversize 21* hybrid<br />Cobra King Forged TEC black 6-GW Steelfiber i95<br />Cobra King Black 58*<br />Callaway 64*<br />Tour Issue 2ball<br /><br /> MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"<br />OG wrxer (check my member #)<br />
  • redrage22redrage22 Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Hit it a few days ago. Awesome shape. It had a c taper 115 stiff flex. Almost as small as the 919 forged at address for me. Not typically a category that suits my eye but could definitely be a sleeper for 2019
    Driver - M5 w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX / Tensei Pro White 60TX
    Fairway - M5 w/ Tensei Blue 70X / Tensei White 70X
    Driving Iron - P790 UDI with KBS C-Taper Lite X 115
    Irons - Srixon 965 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400's
    Wedges - Callaway MD4 Raw 52 56 & 60 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Putter - Toulon Vegas H7 w/ stroke lab shaft  /  Spider X Copper 

• hardtenhardten Members Posts: 3,609 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 11:06pm #108
    dannykos wrote:

Well now I'm really confused?! The early talk was of distance lofts packaged in a more 'players' form. Hard to see what Forged specs in an HM design has to offer?

Agree. Opposing opinions on size and profile by those who have seen them.I will wait to see what they are however the more I read here the less interested I become.
    edited Jan 11, 2019 11:23pm #109

This looks similar to what I saw today

hardten wrote:

dannykos wrote:

Well now I'm really confused?! The early talk was of distance lofts packaged in a more 'players' form. Hard to see what Forged specs in an HM design has to offer?

Agree. Opposing opinions on size and profile by those who have seen them.I will wait to see what they are however the more I read here the less interested I become.

The Rep commented that the HM Pro was designed to meet the ball speed goals in the "players distance iron category" and

to improve spin and angle of decent in the long/mid irons. I personally had trouble with i500/P790 lack of spin in the 4/5 irons.

The size might be off putting to some but I think the performance will be top notch.
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭
    edited Jan 12, 2019 8:07am #111
    I could tell anyone this is the HM Pro 4-iron and they wouldn’t know (it’s actually the 919F, but they look about the same from the top). Just a mini version of the HM with “PRO” on the insert - look nice. The 4 iron loft is 20, BTW!

nflam-button.png
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,999 ✭✭
    Hammer22 wrote:

I could tell anyone this is the HM Pro 4-iron and they wouldn’t know (it’s actually the 919F, but they look about the same from the top). Just a mini version of the HM with “PRO” on the insert - look nice. The 4 iron loft is 20, BTW!

Love my 919F 4iron but will probably add this to the bag. I’m sure with the chromoly and design allow for a little more “springy” face and some additional forgiveness to the 919F while looking very similar. Nice post

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Taylor Made P790 4-PW Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

• evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,999 ✭✭
    icemakr wrote:

This looks similar to what I saw today

This is great news! I still bag the original JPX Fli Hi direct iron replacement with a Modus 130S and have always loved the steel from an iron shaft at the corresponding iron length in this type of club. Easy to hit and allows the ball flights to be serviceable in approach shots. Love that they brought this concept back with the additional wave tech and the latest shafts offered. Another may have to add. Man I need a commercial Mizuno account for 2019...

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Taylor Made P790 4-PW Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

Hammer22 wrote:

I could tell anyone this is the HM Pro 4-iron and they wouldn't know (it's actually the 919F, but they look about the same from the top). Just a mini version of the HM with "PRO" on the insert - look nice. The 4 iron loft is 20, BTW!

Well the standard Hot Metal 4 iron is at 20 degrees, so that holds out hope that the HM pro lofts are the same as the standard! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    dannykos wrote:

Hammer22 wrote:

I could tell anyone this is the HM Pro 4-iron and they wouldn't know (it's actually the 919F, but they look about the same from the top). Just a mini version of the HM with "PRO" on the insert - look nice. The 4 iron loft is 20, BTW!

Well the standard Hot Metal 4 iron is at 20 degrees, so that holds out hope that the HM pro lofts are the same as the standard! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Just need a 3 iron around 17 or 18 degrees for a driving type iron.
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭
    dannykos wrote:

Hammer22 wrote:

Sounds about right. With the HM Pro, you get the HM in the size of the 919F. They definitely look nice, and I can imagine plenty of guys sneaking a 4-iron or 5-iron in to their set with the Forged.
    nflam-button.png
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    HM Pro
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • JMH1220JMH1220 Members Posts: 652 ✭✭
    ooooh. Looking forward to reviews on these
  • nbyrdnbyrd Members Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Nice! If it hits as good as it looks!
  • Jag80Jag80 Lefty Boomers Posts: 710 ✭✭
    Picture is out. Any others?
  • Vosh68Vosh68 Members Posts: 295
    All the info will be available on Tuesday!