*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have any issues resetting your password, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Driver vs Driver 2

Comments

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro AL 3314ClubWRX Posts: 3,314

Wilson has the worst branding of any golf company. Their logo and the whole feel of their company is stuck in the 90s. They should have a show about fixing that.

Can't help but laugh at this Kyle guy in the red shirt saying how ugly and cheap he finds this driver. When his whole outfit and the Wilson glove he's wearing look like something you'd find at the clearance aisle at Walmart.

I second this post.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Titleist TS3 19 hybrid
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-pw
    Vokey SM7 52/58 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mrikkingmrikking  206Members Posts: 206
    bogeypro wrote:

Wilson has the worst branding of any golf company. Their logo and the whole feel of their company is stuck in the 90s. They should have a show about fixing that.

Can't help but laugh at this Kyle guy in the red shirt saying how ugly and cheap he finds this driver. When his whole outfit and the Wilson glove he's wearing look like something you'd find at the clearance aisle at Walmart.

I second this post.

Preach!
    Posted:
  • NixLix26NixLix26  352Members Posts: 352
    Well Eric Gagne hasn’t quit the juice in his retirement. Guy was huge.
    Posted:
    CURRENT BAG SETUP
    TITLEIST - 905R
    SRIXON  - H45 16*
    MIZUNO - TZoid Pro II 2iron
    SRIXON - ZU85  4iron
    NEW LEVEL - 623M  5-PW
    BRIDGESTONE - 52
    CLEVELAND - 588 60*
    TITLEIST SC - NEWPORT

[/size]

https://www.instagram.com/nixlix26/
  • CincyJCKCincyJCK  76Members Posts: 76
    NixLix26 wrote:

Well Eric Gagne hasn’t quit the juice in his retirement. Guy was huge.

Looks like he actually upped the dose in retirement
    Posted:
    915 D3
    TM 300 Tour 15*
    Nike VR Pro 18*
    Titleist 690.MB 3-9 or Ping G25 4-PW
    Vokey SM4 48, Cobra Tour Trusty 54, Vokey SM5 58
    Ping Zing2
  • aceofclubsaceofclubs  847Members Posts: 847
    How cool is that little alien logo on the face of Roswell.

That should be a winner right there.
    Posted:
    Driver: TBD
    Fairway: Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
    Irons: Mizuno MP 59s
    Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
    Putter: This area intentionally left blank
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10653Members Posts: 10,653
    aceofclubs wrote:

Wilson should try that with a SW
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna

Advertisement
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3844Members Posts: 3,844
    Pretty obvious that the Magnus was going to be cut. It may have been edited out, but Jimmy should have sold it as having the highest smash and testing out the most accurate on the Iron Byron.

But the Rozwell stepped up its performance and the Magnus' performance plateaued. I'm probably more interested in the Rozwell, but the spin rates concern me.

RH
    Posted:
    If Wilson never edited Jimmy’s driver, does he own the design?
    Posted:
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 28607Members Posts: 28,607
    i wouldnt think any of them own the design ..... would wilson pay to develop property they dont own ?
    Posted:
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Cameron ICC prototype CT Fastback Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OH 4085Members Posts: 4,085
    Did anyone else notice that during the trip to Fujikura the left handed golfer was hitting a g400
    Posted:

Callaway Epic Flash 12*

Exotics Xrail 3h | 4h | 5h

Cleveland  588 Altitude 6-PW

Cleveland CBX 50*/56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*

Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

Titleist ProV1x Yellow

Handicap: 8.5

• bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro AL 3314ClubWRX Posts: 3,314
    aceofclubs wrote:

Too bad they ripped it off from Alienware computers.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Titleist TS3 19 hybrid
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-pw
    Vokey SM7 52/58 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

Advertisement
    Why are all the celebrities spinning the crap out of the ball with the drivers? Does it have anything to do with the thin air?
    Posted:
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Steele47Steele47  1503Members Posts: 1,503
    Amazing these guys with 95 mph head speed producing drives of 260 plus.
    Posted:
    Steele47 wrote:

Amazing these guys with 95 mph head speed producing drives of 260 plus.

Thin air in Lake Tahoe
    Posted:
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
    Ouch - Tim Clark said Jimmy’s firmness in not altering his driver was the reason he didn’t move on
    Posted:
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • jbole267jbole267 Calgary 366Members Posts: 366
    Jimmy was difficult to watch on this show lol. Constantly making remarks about the crappy Magnus. I would never buy a wilson as it is, however, I'm glad for those that will that it won't be the Magnus.

On a side note, if it's the real deal Atmos in these like the Rogue 125msi before, then that will be cool when they're on the discount racks following next season again!
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 - Hzrdus T1100 6.5
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X

Advertisement
  • Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1  1715Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,715
    If I had to predict a winner I would say the Roswell jumped in the lead based on performance tonight, however after looking back on the last episode when Tim voiced a concern over possible manufacturing tolerance difficulties with Cortex and the number of carbon parts I am even more convinced by Roswell . It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.
    Posted:
  • chungnjnchungnjn  142ClubWRX Posts: 142
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:

If I had to predict a winner I would say the Roswell jumped in the lead based on performance tonight, however after looking back on the last episode when Tim voiced a concern over possible manufacturing tolerance difficulties with Cortex and the number of carbon parts I am even more convinced by Roswell . It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

Just based on editing Roswell will win. I also noticed 3 different shafts on the drivers being tested, so the numbers really don't mean much.
    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 28607Members Posts: 28,607
    Holy Moses wrote:

Ouch - Tim Clark said Jimmy’s firmness in not altering his driver was the reason he didn’t move on

Which is a nice way to say he’s a bit too snarky to deal with. Was glad to see he was next to go.

I mean how many hints can testers give you on the ugly looks before you get it. ? Different just to be different is usually stupid.
    Posted:
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Cameron ICC prototype CT Fastback Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• Golfer_1993Golfer_1993  612Members Posts: 612
    Honestly, whoever wins, I'm trying the driver in store. Both the Cortex and Rozwell look good, sound good and perform well.

I've been playing TaylorMade drivers for the last 10 years, Rozwell and Cortex are actually the first drivers that would make me switch brand.
    Posted:
  • NokeNoke  2179Members Posts: 2,179

Honestly, whoever wins, I'm trying the driver in store. Both the Cortex and Rozwell look good, sound good and perform well.

I've been playing TaylorMade drivers for the last 10 years, Rozwell and Cortex are actually the first drivers that would make me switch brand.

Barkeep should cut you off from the Kool-Aid. lol
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC  2445ClubWRX Posts: 2,445

Sound is huge and those two did sound the best to me, at least on TV.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, Canada 2206Members Posts: 2,206
    I wonder if the guys that get cut in the later rounds get to keep their driver or would Wilson take it back?
    Posted:
  • munichopmunichop  297Members Posts: 297
    I think the final decision will have more to do with manufacturing costs at this point. Each of the 2 remaining designs have enough adjustability to optimize a player's swing. The rest will be the shaft. And of course the price point. Wilson makes pretty good irons but for the average golfer to try their driver it should be a better value than Ping, Tmade, and the other big driver makers. I am pulling for the Roswell but either driver is better than the one from 2 years ago. BTW I went back and checked Rick Shiels on the Triton and he he a lot of low pulls with it. He felt it sat too closed at address. I haven't seen him do that with other drivers that I checked.
    Posted:
  • MojoEdMojoEd  180Members Posts: 180
    Rozwell will be the winner. Munichop is right on production costs; Coretex would be more expensive with the carbon fiber. Wilson and GC are shaping the market; Rozwell got more “face time” and praise on last episode. It also struck me when the Wilson guy pumped the Rozwell as having the most adjustability on the market (or similar words).
    Posted:
    I DVR'd the show last night, and I'm watching the "next time, on Driver vs Driver" segment, and we see both drivers on a screen on the back wall. Looks like the Cortex has red carbon parts on the bottom, and they went with a black head and white/red accents for the Rozwell.

I don't know if someone can get a screenshot of this, but that would be great.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX  3539Members Posts: 3,539
    nohny noke wrote:

Barkeep should cut you off from the Kool-Aid. lol

Give him a break. It was early when he posted, probably stumbled home drunk or at least with a nasty hangover. He most likely forgot there were ANY other oem’s Like Ping, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra, etc...

He’ll come to in a few hours and have a good laugh once he realizes what he posted!
    Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • getitdailygetitdaily  2651Members Posts: 2,651
    Roswell will win just because of the weight track. The weight track hasn't been done yet. The cortex weight track has been done.
    Posted:
  • jkmacgurujkmacguru Golf the Northwest  279Lefty Boomers Posts: 279

Holy Moses wrote:

Ouch - Tim Clark said Jimmy's firmness in not altering his driver was the reason he didn't move on

Which is a nice way to say he's a bit too snarky to deal with. Was glad to see he was next to go.

I mean how many hints can testers give you on the ugly looks before you get it. ? Different just to be different is usually stupid.

It looked like Burner Superfast with weights on the bottom and a weird crown. Had the numbers worked out they might have kept the design, but honestly was the lesser of the 3. I think Jimmy had the most complete idea at the start of the show, but had too closed of a mindset to take any advice from anyone and was leap frogged because Wilson designers helped the other two work out the weak areas. Rozwell started as something completely different, he changed, and Tim will win.

getitdaily wrote:

Roswell will win just because of the weight track. The weight track hasn't been done yet. The cortex weight track has been done.

It was done in 2016 by TM. Good looking head though.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    jkmacguru wrote:

Holy Moses wrote:

Ouch - Tim Clark said Jimmy's firmness in not altering his driver was the reason he didn't move on

Which is a nice way to say he's a bit too snarky to deal with. Was glad to see he was next to go.

It looked like Burner Superfast with weights on the bottom and a weird crown. Had the numbers worked out they might have kept the design, but honestly was the lesser of the 3. I think Jimmy had the most complete idea at the start of the show, but had too closed of a mindset to take any advice from anyone and was leap frogged because Wilson designers helped the other two work out the weak areas. Rozwell started as something completely different, he changed, and Tim will win.

getitdaily wrote:

It was done in 2016 by TM. Good looking head though.

I think he's talking about the "Z" weight track.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file