what club makes the best weapon?

2»

Comments

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole  1507WRX Points: 394Members Posts: 1,507 Platinum Tees

I dabbled in fencing years back. With a broken graphite shaft I could kill a man within 2 seconds. Of course, breaking the shaft would take a second or two, also...

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mjen43mjen43  980WRX Points: 172Members Posts: 980 Golden Tee

I think I’d have to go with an alignment stick. The pain induced by a full lashing is unbearable, and it has by far the best ease of use/agility/mobility. Once the threat is in pain it can also be used to stab.

Posted:
  • MychMych  2096WRX Points: 346Members Posts: 2,096 Platinum Tees

A #7 style or Sabretooth putter... bludgeon, then flip it around and either eye gouge or stab with the pointy parts in the back.

Posted:
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ Ping Anser 4w ~ Ping G30 3h~ Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Cobra King Forged One 4-P ~ Cobra King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing  3750WRX Points: 1,082Handicap: 4Members Posts: 3,750 Titanium Tees

This is a good choice. Can bludgeon and also penetrate depending on face orientation. Also that shaft is unbreakable.

On -, @huckitchuckit said:

Bulls eye putter. They never miss
    Posted:
  • M44km44kM44km44k MO 158WRX Points: 76Members Posts: 158 Fairways

Orange whip all day. Timing would be the only issue.😎

Posted:
  • j3r1ch0h0l1cj3r1ch0h0l1c San Antonio  16WRX Points: 21Handicap: 3.0Members Posts: 16 Bunkers

Well, you can't beat the feel of a Mizuno...

Posted:

Titleist TS3 9.75 w/ 6.0 HZRDUS Smoke at 44”
    Srixon ZU65 3I Modus3 120S
    Ping G410 4h Tour 85 S
    Ping I210 5-Uw Modus3 105X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 54 SW
    Ping Eye2 3.0 58/8
    BeCu Ping Zing 5 34.5

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BicknellCCBicknellCC  1453WRX Points: 1,093Members Posts: 1,453 Platinum Tees

My yes Callie putter,
    I was kind of twirling it for some stupid reason walking up to the green and whacked myself on the shin. The pain from that half speed swing was intense. I can only imagine what a full effort impact would feel like.

Posted:
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin  105WRX Points: 58Members Posts: 105 Fairways

I would probably use my putter, it's the only club I seem to be able to swing straight these days.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet
  • BIG STUBIG STU  12545WRX Points: 3,160Handicap: 5.0Members Posts: 12,545 Titanium Tees

On -, @Valtiel said:

The toe of a traditional anser style putter, or any other putter with a fairly blunted edge, will probably by the most effective at delivering effective concentrated force to a variety of places on the body (namely the head), plus its likely the shortest club in the bag which gives you a greater chance of hitting what you're swinging at. Next up would probably be any given shorter iron for similar reasons, 9-irons have been known to do serious damage to tigers, lol. Your driver probably seems appealing but the hollow design will offer less blunt force overall and the shafts are more likely to snap.

I will agree on you about the driver ------- unless it is a steel shafted persimmon and then---------- Just saying

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Cleveland 588 56* TTDG Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe rusty and lead taped named "Rusty"
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

• BIG STUBIG STU  12545WRX Points: 3,160Handicap: 5.0Members Posts: 12,545 Titanium Tees

On -, @golfandfishing said:

Well, I work downtown and went to a ballgame after work, it’s a short walk in a well populated area from our building to Chase Field so there isn't a reason to drive at all. Walking back I saw a homeless guy and I went to the far side of the sidewalk, he came over to stay in my path. I went back to the right and so did he, and now we were very close. I made the last second move to miss him and he reached out and pushed me against a building, as he was saying “I need your wallet” I landed one in his face and gave him two more in the throat. He was gasping for air but still on his feet, and I landed several more to his head and throat. A security guard in a nearby building saw and came out, he peppered the guy and zip tied him. Police came and security guy showed them cct they had of the street. Homeless guy had a knife that he never got out, I never gave him the chance. Defending yourself is like laying up- don’t toy with it, do it. Don’t do just enough to just instigate a fight, finish it. If you are laying up don’t get as close to the water as possible, be serious and lay up. During that 30 seconds I had no intention of letting that guy regain control. If I had pushed him off and tried to run then his knife would have come out. Be serious when defending yourself, attackers aren’t going to drop and run like in the movies.

Good job sounds like you have taken some martial arts ( throat punch gave it away) or at least a self defense class. I would have went about it the same way you did but with one exception. When he came back after the throat punch I would have cleared leather ( those in the know can relate) Yeah I legally pack and in SC we have stand your ground laws. Do not want to use it but as a last resort but am capable and not scared to do so. Around here we do not have the homeless folks hanging around the courses as much as some of you do because we have houses around most of our courses. I get along with anyone but like you said don't toy with defending yourself.

Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Hybrid Adams Boxer 19* Matrix Ozik R
    Hybrid Adams A-10 OS 22* Pro Launch red R
    Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex 2 shafts
    SW Cleveland 588 56* TTDG Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe rusty and lead taped named "Rusty"
    Bag(s) Old School Burton plain mini staff or Jones Classic

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.