Who likes the 19th hole?

2»

Comments

• Eng5iveEng5ive Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited Jul 23, 2019 5:03pm #32

I definitely drink my fair share of beer but generally not while playing. I'm not good enough to put myself at more of a disadvantage right off the whack. As for sticking around after, generally no I don't. I play early morning weekdays and I usually have stuff to do after I finish. Either report to work or help around the house when I'm finished. We have a young child so if my wife is home, I'm happy to have the time to get out and play. Not going to push my luck with a "stayed for beers and lunch!" text. That would go over like a **** in church.

• JonesyJonesy Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Really interesting reading some of these responses.
    I'm all the way down in South Africa and Saturdays are usually our club comp days, 95% of the time everyone stays afterwards for some banter, beer and prize giving. We'll get to the club early, have a breakfast if we're off in the afternoon, watch sport, practice a bit before we play and then tee off. Unless we have a function after golf we will stay and have a good time.

Basically our Saturdays are for the 19th with a bit of golf thrown in.

Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
    Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
    Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
    Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • GaiusMariusGaiusMarius Members Posts: 3

I like to relax in the clubhouse after and have a bite. Sometimes I drink, sometimes not. But considering how serious DUIs are I don't drink much at the course unless I dont have to drive.

• mjbfybmjbfyb Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 4, 2019 7:21pm #35

I’m getting so sick of having to go to the 19th hole and buy drinks after my holes-in-one. I cherish the days I can go straight home.

• huckitchuckithuckitchuckit Members Posts: 74 ✭✭

I dont get time to golf much so when I do, I take advantage of it. Make it into a party and have plenty of beer.

• mwink822mwink822 Members Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 7:31pm #37

I'm a member at a private and for the last couple of years was voluntold that I was going to be an officer on the board. Typical round of golf at my club is about 3 hours for a foursome (though I can do it in just about two dead when playing alone), always end up with a pitcher of beer in front of us in the grille room after the round so that we can pay out/get paid...and so that the rest of the guys can complain about trees that they find problematic to their game and want removed by our superintendent post haste. Sorry boys, wrong board member ;)

Titleist 917D3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 80 TX
    Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
    4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
    4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
    White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
    Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
    Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights