GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Brooks Koepka and the his lack of respect

24567
7

Comments

  • LambLamb LondonMembers  351WRX Points: 157Posts: 351 Greens
    Joined:  edited Aug 19, 2019 #32

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    I thought this would be about his lack of respect. Not his lack of getting respect.

    That was what I was thinking. BK has a fragile ego much like many of the younger generation.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers  1516WRX Points: 475Handicap: 8.3Posts: 1,516 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #34

    On -, @imakaveli said:

    Love how Brooks keeps winning at life doesn’t caring about anybody else 😂😂

    Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, Sir.

    Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping G410 Plus 9
    Ping G400 14.5
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

    Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25700WRX Points: 844Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,700 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #35

    On -, @golfandfishing said:

    Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

    This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    (MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)







  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11817WRX Points: 1,616Posts: 11,817 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #36

    Makes you wonder if Hogan came along today how he would be treated by the fans and media, especially social media. I mean the guy was good and all but does he have to be such a po-faced grump about it?

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX  25700WRX Points: 844Handicap: GolfPosts: 25,700 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #37

    On -, @North Butte said:

    Makes you wonder if Hogan came along today how he would be treated by the fans and media, especially social media. I mean the guy was good and all but does he have to be such a po-faced grump about it?

    It would probably be pretty ugly. People are easily offended, even when there is reason to be these days. But even Tiger realized that he had to be more open and give the media SOMETHING and frankly help to improve his image. Brooks could go a long way to try to be more likable I guess. Then the golfing ability probably would be more well respected as well.

    Posted:
    G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - Accra 80i
    G410 6-UW - Accra 80i
    Glide 3.0 54WS, 58WS Accra 80i
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    (MY HYBRIDS, IRONS & WEDGES HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY MY SON)







  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • stanger37stanger37 Members  463WRX Points: 153Posts: 463 Greens
    Joined:  #38

    It seems like Brooks has more haters on social media than anything. Was out at the BMW yesterday he was grouped with Phil and they were literally joking all day, interacting with everyone on the tee boxes. Phil and Brooks were making each hole basically a long drive contest and aside from Tiger, and the leaders at the end...were easily the biggest group following. They weren't in the tournament anymore at that point and could have easily just packed it in. But they had fun with it, and I'd bet it wasn't on TV that much so you don't get to see that side of Brooks.

    I am not the biggest fan of Bruce, but seeing him yesterday interact and joke around...swayed me into wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt maybe a few times, instead of zero times.

    Posted:
    Nike Vapor Fly Driver 9.5*
    ]Nike Vapor Fly 3W 15*
    Nike Vapor Fly 7W 21*
    Taylormade PSI 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 52/10
    Cleveland CG15 56/14
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Odyessy O-Works #7
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 2+ WinnipegClubWRX  10292WRX Points: 1,195Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,292 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #39

    On -, @stanger37 said:

    I am not the biggest fan of Bruce, but seeing him yesterday interact and joke around...swayed me into wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt maybe a few times, instead of zero times.

    To paraphrase Jimmy Dugan, "Who's Bruce?"

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    TM R7 TP 3i Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

  • buckeye440buckeye440 Members  399WRX Points: 318Posts: 399 Greens
    Joined:  #40

    On -, @jdl said:

    Witty response! Is that enough personality for y'all? To the OPs question, who cares. Let the man play some golf, he is quite good especially when he is on!

    Posted:
  • MidwestGolfBumMidwestGolfBum Corporate Golfer Extraordinaire MSN/MKE/DSMMembers  1595WRX Points: 333Posts: 1,595 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #41

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Socrates said:

    It irritates people that he doesn’t give a rats a** about what they think he should do. He also doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he pretty much has little time for the media. I guess if people don’t like that, too bad. He’s just bloody impressive and that’s good enough for me.

    It’s funny. He does seem to find use for the media when he wants to start an argument though. Rather than say something to Bryson one on one. Or JB etc. he has no issue doing it in public while hiding behind the media. His words can be correct but his delivery of them was pretty cowardly.

    Players have several avenues to say things like that. One on one and to the players advisory council being 2 good ones. Instead he takes the avenue of passive aggression. Poor form in my opinion.

    Except that he did confront Bryson on the putting green after Bryson chirped at brooks caddie. When the media asks a questions he answers.

    Correct. He is answering questions to the media when asked, not trying to hide behind them. I prefer the players who answer questions directly instead of being bland and "on brand" to maintain some kind of good guy image 100% of the time. I'm sure there's been plenty of discussions with him by players that we have never heard about because we don't need to.

    I agree some with his stance on the media, though that will continue to get you "disrespected" by them, given that they will take small clips of what you said completely out of context of questions asked or other things in the sentence to get reads/clicks/whatever. At some point, you go out and play really, really well, which is all that matters in the end.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
    Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
    Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
    Vokey SM7, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
    Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

    The bag is always a work in progress.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #43

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2814WRX Points: 991Posts: 2,814 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #45

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Why does he need to realize he is sharing the stage. He has the success in the last couple years to have center stage and for the rest around him to realize they are sharing the stage with him.

    I’m glad duval came out on the pregame coverage yesterday saying the media can’t have it both ways when it comes to majors. The claim of it being all about the majors and their importance then knock brooks for doing just that and not focused as much on the regular events.

    Posted:
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members  11817WRX Points: 1,616Posts: 11,817 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #46

    On -, @playar32 said:

    Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.
    People don't want that in this day and age.

    Sounds like someone's got a big ol' Man Crush, innit?

    Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #47

    On -, @mukster said:

    Tough crowd here. Perhaps it would be better if every single player was a milquetoast college grad, who answers every question with replies like "I'm gonna play one shot at a time", "I'm going to play within myself", etc. and wears Argyle sweaters. I love the guys that break this mold, from Reed to Rahm to Koepka.

    I like 2 of 3 of those guys. The poster who said the “ kardashianalizing” of everything hit the nail on the head. Brooks crossed that line and it’s hard to walk that back.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 19, 2019 #48

    On -, @MidwestGolfBum said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Socrates said:

    It irritates people that he doesn’t give a rats a** about what they think he should do. He also doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he pretty much has little time for the media. I guess if people don’t like that, too bad. He’s just bloody impressive and that’s good enough for me.

    It’s funny. He does seem to find use for the media when he wants to start an argument though. Rather than say something to Bryson one on one. Or JB etc. he has no issue doing it in public while hiding behind the media. His words can be correct but his delivery of them was pretty cowardly.

    Players have several avenues to say things like that. One on one and to the players advisory council being 2 good ones. Instead he takes the avenue of passive aggression. Poor form in my opinion.

    Except that he did confront Bryson on the putting green after Bryson chirped at brooks caddie. When the media asks a questions he answers.

    Correct. He is answering questions to the media when asked, not trying to hide behind them. I prefer the players who answer questions directly instead of being bland and "on brand" to maintain some kind of good guy image 100% of the time. I'm sure there's been plenty of discussions with him by players that we have never heard about because we don't need to.

    I agree some with his stance on the media, though that will continue to get you "disrespected" by them, given that they will take small clips of what you said completely out of context of questions asked or other things in the sentence to get reads/clicks/whatever. At some point, you go out and play really, really well, which is all that matters in the end.

    First I’d heard of him confronting Bryson face to face. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just hadnt heard that at all.

    Posted:
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #49

    On -, @playar32 said:

    Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.
    People don't want that in this day and age.

    Lol. Yea. I hear most big game hunters do so in cheetah skin thongs nowadays. Blends right in.

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2814WRX Points: 991Posts: 2,814 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #50

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @MidwestGolfBum said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @bladehunter said:

    On -, @Socrates said:

    It irritates people that he doesn’t give a rats a** about what they think he should do. He also doesn’t suffer fools gladly and he pretty much has little time for the media. I guess if people don’t like that, too bad. He’s just bloody impressive and that’s good enough for me.

    It’s funny. He does seem to find use for the media when he wants to start an argument though. Rather than say something to Bryson one on one. Or JB etc. he has no issue doing it in public while hiding behind the media. His words can be correct but his delivery of them was pretty cowardly.

    Players have several avenues to say things like that. One on one and to the players advisory council being 2 good ones. Instead he takes the avenue of passive aggression. Poor form in my opinion.

    Except that he did confront Bryson on the putting green after Bryson chirped at brooks caddie. When the media asks a questions he answers.

    Correct. He is answering questions to the media when asked, not trying to hide behind them. I prefer the players who answer questions directly instead of being bland and "on brand" to maintain some kind of good guy image 100% of the time. I'm sure there's been plenty of discussions with him by players that we have never heard about because we don't need to.

    I agree some with his stance on the media, though that will continue to get you "disrespected" by them, given that they will take small clips of what you said completely out of context of questions asked or other things in the sentence to get reads/clicks/whatever. At some point, you go out and play really, really well, which is all that matters in the end.

    First I’d heard of him confronting Bryson face to face. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just hadnt heard that at all.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.golfchannel.com/news/bryson-dechambeau-no-issues-after-talking-slow-play-brooks-koepka?amp

    Posted:
  • johnsegjohnseg Members  351WRX Points: 116Posts: 351 Greens
    Joined:  #51

    For better or worse I believe that we want our No. 1's to be dominant. If they don't win every time out we want them to be in contention. Fans like the White vs Black Hat story line. BK seems to lack the polish and charisma to be the front man. Also his play needs to be elevated weekly. He is sitting at 4 majors which is great, but there have been a lot of guys with 4. Only two have reached double digits.

    Posted:
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 19, 2019 #52

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Why does he need to realize he is sharing the stage. He has the success in the last couple years to have center stage and for the rest around him to realize they are sharing the stage with him.

    I’m glad duval came out on the pregame coverage yesterday saying the media can’t have it both ways when it comes to majors. The claim of it being all about the majors and their importance then knock brooks for doing just that and not focused as much on the regular events.

    He is a great golfer and been dominating the Tour for the period of time , just like many others beofore him.
    However, do you really believe that he could measure up to the others beofre him ? Not even close.
    I would say, keep at it and let the action do the talking.
    Why does anyone needs to complain that they didn't receive the lime light they supposedly deserve ?
    This is the sign of the time, everyone is complaining, thinking the squeaky wheels will get the attention.
    Wrong, because when more are making noise, it'll be, just noise.
    If he could keep up with what he has been doing then, there is no denying.
    Unfortunately, the industry is on a down hill slide, together took away a lot of the publicity one could have received with the position he in in currently.
    even in the War time, you think Byron Nelson didn't receive all the publicity he deserved ?
    Winning 11 tournaments in a row will get attention no matter which time we're in.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2814WRX Points: 991Posts: 2,814 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #53

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Why does he need to realize he is sharing the stage. He has the success in the last couple years to have center stage and for the rest around him to realize they are sharing the stage with him.

    I’m glad duval came out on the pregame coverage yesterday saying the media can’t have it both ways when it comes to majors. The claim of it being all about the majors and their importance then knock brooks for doing just that and not focused as much on the regular events.

    He is a great golfer and been dominating the Tour for the period of time , just like many others beofore him.
    However, do you really believe that he could measure up to the others beofre him ? Not even close.
    I would say, keep at it and let the action do the talking.
    Why does anyone needs to complain that they didn't receive the lime light they supposedly deserve ?
    This is the sign of the time, everyone is complaining, thinking the squeaky wheels will get the attention.
    Wrong, because when more are making noise, it'll be, just noise.
    If he could keep up with what he has been doing then, there is no denying.
    Unfortunately, the industry is on a down hill slide, together took away a lot of the publicity one could have received with the position he in in currently.
    even in the War time, you think Byron Nelson didn't receive all the publicity he deserved ?
    Winning 11 tournaments in a row will get attention no matter which time we're in.

    If it’s about majors as the media tells everyone it is then he’s right up there. 1 behind Phil, Nelson and seve, 2 behind Trevino and faldo. If it’s about total wins he has a ways to go but even if he doesn’t win again with 8 combined wins on euro and pga tours plus 4 majors he’s a HOF guy.

    In the last 3 years no one is playing as consistent and as good as him.

    Posted:
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members  4370WRX Points: 386Posts: 4,370 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #54

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Why does he need to realize he is sharing the stage. He has the success in the last couple years to have center stage and for the rest around him to realize they are sharing the stage with him.

    I’m glad duval came out on the pregame coverage yesterday saying the media can’t have it both ways when it comes to majors. The claim of it being all about the majors and their importance then knock brooks for doing just that and not focused as much on the regular events.

    He is a great golfer and been dominating the Tour for the period of time , just like many others beofore him.
    However, do you really believe that he could measure up to the others beofre him ? Not even close.
    I would say, keep at it and let the action do the talking.
    Why does anyone needs to complain that they didn't receive the lime light they supposedly deserve ?
    This is the sign of the time, everyone is complaining, thinking the squeaky wheels will get the attention.
    Wrong, because when more are making noise, it'll be, just noise.
    If he could keep up with what he has been doing then, there is no denying.
    Unfortunately, the industry is on a down hill slide, together took away a lot of the publicity one could have received with the position he in in currently.
    even in the War time, you think Byron Nelson didn't receive all the publicity he deserved ?
    Winning 11 tournaments in a row will get attention no matter which time we're in.

    If it’s about majors as the media tells everyone it is then he’s right up there. 1 behind Phil, Nelson and seve, 2 behind Trevino and faldo. If it’s about total wins he has a ways to go but even if he doesn’t win again with 8 combined wins on euro and pga tours plus 4 majors he’s a HOF guy.

    In the last 3 years no one is playing as consistent and as good as him.

    Koepka ( kupcake), is a very strong golfer, his record speaks for itself and he is dominating in recent years. I'm no going to take anything away from him.
    Truth is, he is not getting a lot of spot lght and promotional activities is simple.
    The sponsor's pocket is not as deep as it used to be in the 80's and the 90's. No one spends like they used to to promote their branded star players becuase the return on marketing in today's economic climate is not optimistic.
    Everyone is preparing for the deep recession which had been artificially pushed back for years.
    Less promotion= not much lime light.
    As for the media and critics. He will have to figure out why his management team could not get a fair shake out of his ranking (not trying to get anyone fired )
    I remembered Gary Player, whom was shadowed by Palmer and Nicklaus , and also the S.A. aprtheid issue, he was not loved and recongnized as he should.
    Have to face it, how one promote one's image has everything to do with how much attention one received. Remember when Nicklaus first came on the tour, he was "that fat boy" whom thried to throw the King off his thrown and not a lot of love for him.
    He changed his image, together with his winning records he was loved like the new King.
    Kupcake's team needs to figure out how to market the commodity in today's climate. Not a big secret, just need to have someone to get out there and do it.

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2814WRX Points: 991Posts: 2,814 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #55

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @wkuo3 said:

    No rush , is there ?
    Glory will come later, proven by the statistics from the history. He is a good professional golfer, no doubt about that.
    He also needs to realize that he is sharing the stage with other great professional golfers, the spot light can not be focused on him like it did to the Tiger Woods. He is great but not the same category.
    Should Sam Snead complain that he did not receive the same treatment in the media as Byron Nelson and Ben Hogn ?
    Why is the attention from the media important to him ? Wrong profession if he needs attention that way, should find the red carpet to walk on.

    Why does he need to realize he is sharing the stage. He has the success in the last couple years to have center stage and for the rest around him to realize they are sharing the stage with him.

    I’m glad duval came out on the pregame coverage yesterday saying the media can’t have it both ways when it comes to majors. The claim of it being all about the majors and their importance then knock brooks for doing just that and not focused as much on the regular events.

    He is a great golfer and been dominating the Tour for the period of time , just like many others beofore him.
    However, do you really believe that he could measure up to the others beofre him ? Not even close.
    I would say, keep at it and let the action do the talking.
    Why does anyone needs to complain that they didn't receive the lime light they supposedly deserve ?
    This is the sign of the time, everyone is complaining, thinking the squeaky wheels will get the attention.
    Wrong, because when more are making noise, it'll be, just noise.
    If he could keep up with what he has been doing then, there is no denying.
    Unfortunately, the industry is on a down hill slide, together took away a lot of the publicity one could have received with the position he in in currently.
    even in the War time, you think Byron Nelson didn't receive all the publicity he deserved ?
    Winning 11 tournaments in a row will get attention no matter which time we're in.

    If it’s about majors as the media tells everyone it is then he’s right up there. 1 behind Phil, Nelson and seve, 2 behind Trevino and faldo. If it’s about total wins he has a ways to go but even if he doesn’t win again with 8 combined wins on euro and pga tours plus 4 majors he’s a HOF guy.

    In the last 3 years no one is playing as consistent and as good as him.

    Koepka ( kupcake), is a very strong golfer, his record speaks for itself and he is dominating in recent years. I'm no going to take anything away from him.
    Truth is, he is not getting a lot of spot lght and promotional activities is simple.
    The sponsor's pocket is not as deep as it used to be in the 80's and the 90's. No one spends like they used to to promote their branded star players becuase the return on marketing in today's economic climate is not optimistic.
    Everyone is preparing for the deep recession which had been artificially pushed back for years.
    Less promotion= not much lime light.
    As for the media and critics. He will have to figure out why his management team could not get a fair shake out of his ranking (not trying to get anyone fired )
    I remembered Gary Player, whom was shadowed by Palmer and Nicklaus , and also the S.A. aprtheid issue, he was not loved and recongnized as he should.
    Have to face it, how one promote one's image has everything to do with how much attention one received. Remember when Nicklaus first came on the tour, he was "that fat boy" whom thried to throw the King off his thrown and not a lot of love for him.
    He changed his image, together with his winning records he was loved like the new King.
    Kupcake's team needs to figure out how to market the commodity in today's climate. Not a big secret, just need to have someone to get out there and do it.

    Brooks doesn’t seem to want to be marketed or do sponsor gigs. He’s getting a good penny from Nike and the freedom to play what he wants without the hassle of media spots for a brand. He is just looking for the media to put their money where their mouths are. They can’t yap on about how players should put focus on winning majors and the majors are the mark for how a player will be viewed in their career then when someone does that question why that person isn’t winning regular stops.

    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29254WRX Points: 6,090Posts: 29,254 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #56

    On -, @playar32 said:

    Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.
    People don't want that in this day and age.

    BK get more respect

    If he didn’t wear a thong ; )

    Posted:
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4278WRX Points: 1,175Handicap: +1Posts: 4,278 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #57

    To me, he is neither an interesting person to watch play golf nor a good interview.

    Regarding his golf swing: It's kind of "samey" and there's no real slash/panache to it (that's a very personal take from a guy who prefers Trevino's swing and Seve's and Arnie's, et al., and I understand others may disagree).

    Regarding his interviews: I just don't like watching the guy talk -- at all. And he doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor. Seems like there's always a chip on his shoulder also, like he's constantly waiting for someone to say the wrong thing so he can get "righteously indignant." LOL

    Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    TaylorMade Sim Max Titanium 15* 3-WOOD - Diamana - S
    Titleist 818 H2 19*. Tensei black 90g - S
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Atmos Tour Spec Blue - S
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s-400
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members  816WRX Points: 154Posts: 816 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #58

    Basically its like "A Time to Kill" - Close your eyes, and imagine a player who dominates majors, doesn't do an equipment contract to allow himself to pick what he wants, and confronts slow play to the players and to the media. Now imagine its Bruce Koepka.

    Posted:
  • scoresscores scores Members  1389WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,389 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #59

    His play in the majors will get his comments out and I like fast play!!! Get behind some amateur s that play slow for 100 plus shots then you wonder why they enjoy golf?

    Posted:
    Driver M1
    3W M1
    Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
    Putter Spider
    58 Titleist
    52 Titeist
    Hybrid 2I Adams

    Ball Taylor TP
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members  977WRX Points: 466Handicap: 4.1Posts: 977 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #60

    Dont even have a tournament thread yet, but we have this and a 'Feherty lip smacking' thread. Slow week?

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10641WRX Points: 3,765Handicap: 8Posts: 10,641 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Aug 21, 2019 #61

    On -, @vrnyn said:

    Love him or hate him, Brooks gets it done. I'd rather watch him bomb it around a course than listen to Spieth cry his way around.

    I would be willing to bet he does not get it done at the tour championship. I would love to see him win it, I just think his winning power is over rated. He has shown he can win, but he is far from a week to week lock.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.