2020 Bag is Set Challenge!!!
It's that time of year again, the Bag is Set Challenge is here!! The idea is simple, how long into the new calendar year can you last without changing clubs in and out of the bag? Who really is the "Master of Their Domain?!?!"
Predictably, again, most of us failed last year, often gloriously and hilariously. Our 2019 "first place" fails were on Jan. 9th (congrats @Joker91 & @RuffingIt !), which was 6 days longer than our "winner" from 2018!!! The main wave seemed to come at around the 2-3 week mark, so to all of my fellow club junkies, hold fast through at least the end of January! Congrats as well to @StarFleetGolfer (18 days) and @mmarler (20 days) who made it further than they ever have! My friend and valiant participant @Mych made it to Jan. 28th, not bad for him, lol!
All in good fun fellas, I bowed out this past year in 29 days, exactly 7 days short of my 2018 showing. That said, while I made it longer into the year in 2018 than last year, I had only played 27 holes in 2018 , whereas this year I played 90 before the inevitable happened. And if you look at my post history, if was inevitable, to be certain! I'm certainly not one whose example you should follow!!! I'm not sure if anyone actually who "entered" actually made it through 2019 and into immortality by keeping the entire bag set, but we all really know that isn't the point! If you are still "IN" for 2019, please let us know on that thread, I'd love to see who has the stones to accomplish this rare and amazing feat!
Anyhow, Here are the rules for 2020's "Bag is Set" club (same as last year for those who may or may not ever read rules or instructions......):
1. You must set your bag BEFORE your first golf-like activity of 2019. First round, first range trip, first trip to the practice green, first lesson, first session hitting balls in your $2,600 garage simulator setup (No, I'm not jealous in the least @dornstar), whatever. Post your full bag setup in this thread to "set" your bag.
2. Put your bag in the post on this thread before you engage in that first golf-like activity of the year. It doesn't have to be on Jan. 1, but posting it in the middle of June just isn't really in the spirit of this whole fiasco. Also, posting "See sig" in a post doesn't work for this Challenge because the signature can change without record. Please, no editing your original post either. We need hard evidence, people!
3. Grips and specs are the only thing that may be changed throughout the year. You may adjust lofts, lies, swing weights, MOI, paint fill, etc. and you may replace/change grips. But, no new heads, shafts, 15th clubs, etc. It's supposed to be a challenge!
4. There is no fame, fortune, and very little glory for completing this challenge, at least none that I'm aware of. In fact, now that I think about it, ridicule will be the most likely result, win or lose.
5. Check back in if (when) you change something. It's part of the fun!
Decisions on the Rules by the Committee (me, lol!) - a. You may replace a broken club with a new/different club, but you may NOT intentionally break a club, just so you can replace it, lol! b. All wagers placed on the 2020 BIS Challenge shall be paid in full. Failure to do so will result in permanent banning from all future BIS Challenges!
As is my custom, I will be waiting until 1/1/20 to officially post my bag. If everything goes the way I think it's going to go, this will be my first year with a legitimate chance to complete the BIS Challenge! (I'm laughing and crying at the same time as I type that)
Good Luck (you're gonna need it!)
Epic Flash 15° w/Rogue M•AX
X Forged UT 18° w/VS Proto
X Forged UT 22° w/PX
Apex Pro '19 5-A w/PX
PM Grind 2.0 55° w/PX & PM Grind 1.0 60° w/DG
Odyssey #1 White Hot