Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

Apparently the myspider insert is the softer version.

I too prefer the harder insert, so passing on the myspider.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the myspider insert is the softer version.

I too prefer the harder insert, so passing on the myspider.

Ahhhh, thanks. I was wondering about that.

I went to send TM an email via their site to ask about that but couldn't find any way to send the email.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Does anyone have a link to weights that fit the 2018 line of Spider Tours?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched multiple keywords and found nothing. Thanks

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

I've been using a NP2 for a couple years now and had never liked the feel of the Spider at the big box store. Finally tried it on an actual green at my home course. I was super impressed with the consistency. The major difference was all strikes seemed to go the same distance or close to.

I was going to wait for my course to get a couple Spider mini's to demo before making the switch but it was hard to argue with the results.

Where can i get a spider with the t line alignment?

T alignment aid is available through MySpider.

Don't think that's what he was going for.

I think the "floor model" T lines should be out soon. The "mini" is supposed to be out this Friday.

Titleist Pro V1X

Does anyone have a link to weights that fit the 2018 line of Spider Tours?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched multiple keywords and found nothing. Thanks

It was strange, Taylormade had them available on the site for the longest time but then took them down.

I saw they disappeared. Wasn't sure if there were any aftermarket ones available? I guess we are looking at lead tape unfortunately. Or patience

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

Saw and rolled the new Mini today at PGATSS.

Not bad, not bad at all. Will be looking at it a bit further.

Titleist Pro V1X

Broke down and bought an OG Day version yesterday at Golf Galaxy. Loving the change of pace from my Newport, it's almost impossible to mishit the ball with this thing

I was trying one out today and was really liking it. I have had the DJ a couple times but I think I actually like the softer black insert better now. I think I also like it better without the alignment aid. I was hesitant to go with a red putter but I think it's time I tried to game this one. You are right, they are hard to mis hit.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I loved mine until I changed my home course and played faster greens. Then I just couldn’t putt consistently with it. I was fine with my other two putters and even my old mans np2, but the ball just seemed to jump off the face for me with my spider. Even tried heavier weights, still no fix.

So after four months the old faithful scotty went back in (5 years now) and not looked back. Shame as I did like the looks of the spider and it’s €™not a bad putter, it’s just not for me. One thing I won’t miss was the terrible paint durability or the fact the headcover velcro didn’t last!

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I loved mine until I changed my home course and played faster greens. Then I just couldnât putt consistently with it. I was fine with my other two putters and even my old mans np2, but the ball just seemed to jump off the face for me with my spider. Even tried heavier weights, still no fix.

So after four months the old faithful scotty went back in (5 years now) and not looked back. Shame as I did like the looks of the spider and itâs not a bad putter, itâs just not for me. One thing I wonât miss was the terrible paint durability or the fact the headcover velcro didnât last!

is it for sale now?

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Black is definitely firmer. I just tried out a Red for a couple weeks because I liked the muted sound and it felt good on shorter putts but I struggled with the softer insert on long putts. I'm back to the Black now for good.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

Black is definitely firmer. I just tried out a Red for a couple weeks because I liked the muted sound and it felt good on shorter putts but I struggled with the softer insert on long putts. I'm back to the Black now for good.

Yup, ditto. First, I made the move to put the Spider Tour back into my bag, which was painful considering I was playing some nice Bettinardis and Scottys. But my putting was suffering, so I needed to make a change. Anyway, I figured I would give my Tour Red another chance. Once again, I just don't putt very well with the Tour Red, particularly on longer putts. I've had the Tour Black back in the bag for a few rounds, and have been putting great again. I can't argue with the results from the Tour Black.

Anyone change to one with a sight line? Any regrets?

I have an original Tour Black, on which I have added a strip of black pinstripe tape. I've putted both with and without the "sight line", and prefer it with the stripe. I plan on giving the T sightline a run as well.

Separately, am I seeing things, or does DJ have the Spider Tour back in the bag today, instead of the Mini?

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

I am serioulsy consideri g the spider. Anyone who change from an anser to the spider and saw a real avantage? Did your putting really benifit from it?

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

I am serioulsy consideri g the spider. Anyone who change from an anser to the spider and saw a real avantage? Did your putting really benifit from it?

Up until I bought my Spider Tour Black, I played blade/anser style putters, but haven't really looked back since. I just found the spider to be easier to square up through contact. With the anser style/blade putters, I just seemed to push or pull putts more often, and with the Spider, this is a much more rare occurrence. The hardest part about the transition is the feel. It's harder to get used to the feel off the face and distance control on longer lag putts right off the bat, but once you get over that hurdle, I've found it to help me with accuracy by knowing that each putt will start on line.

Yes.

Over the past 5ish years, I've owned (or still own), and have played the following:

Oil Can Classic Newport 2

Studio Select Newport 2

Byron Morgan 612

Byron Morgan DH89

Kari Lajosi DD201

Ping WRX Anser 2

Byron Morgan DH89 (another one)

In that time, my handicap has hovered in the 1.5-3.8 range.

Last April, my handicap was at 3.8 and I put the Spider Tour Black in the bag as an experiment, as I've never... ever... gotten along with a mallet style putter of any kind. The only equipment change I've made since then has been going to longer shafts in my irons... everything else has remained the same. Currently, my handicap sits at +0.1.

That's almost a 4 stroke improvement in a year for a guy working with a "full-time-job" swing. Now... don't get me wrong... I've made some good improvements to my game over the past couple years that are now showing up on course more often, so I'm not going to say that this is all because of a putter change. However I will say that, as I type this, I'm looking at 4 gorgeous Byron Morgan putters and a couple sweet classic Scotty Camerons. I like the look, feel, sound, heck... everything about those putters about ten times more than the Spider... but the Spider is locked in the bag. I've never been this confident inside of 10 feet and I've never put less time into practicing my putting.

It all boils down to this:

I don't like the looks. I don't like the sound. I don't like the feel. But I'm forced to use it because it puts the ball in the hole better than anything else.

That's probably the best review that I can give a high MOI, function > form type of putter.

Cheers,

Mike

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Yes.

Over the past 5ish years, I've owned (or still own), and have played the following:

Studio Select Newport 2

Byron Morgan 612

Byron Morgan DH89

Kari Lajosi DD201

Ping WRX Anser 2

Last April, my handicap was at 3.8 and I put the Spider Tour Black in the bag as an experiment, as I've never... ever... gotten along with a mallet style putter of any kind. The only equipment change I've made since then has been going to longer shafts in my irons... everything else has remained the same. Currently, my handicap sits at +0.1.

That's almost a 4 stroke improvement in a year for a guy working with a "full-time-job" swing. Now... don't get me wrong... I've made some good improvements to my game over the past couple years that are now showing up on course more often, so I'm not going to say that this is all because of a putter change. However I will say that, as I type this, I'm looking at 4 gorgeous Byron Morgan putters and a couple sweet classic Scotty Camerons. I like the look, feel, sound, heck... everything about those putters about ten times more than the Spider... but the Spider is locked in the bag. I've never been this confident inside of 10 feet and I've never put less time into practicing my putting.

I don't like the looks. I don't like the sound. I don't like the feel. But I'm forced to use it because it puts the ball in the hole better than anything else.

That's probably the best review that I can give a high MOI, function > form type of putter.

Cheers,

Mike

what a review. I appreciate it. Now, before pulling the triger i would like to borrow one for someone for a quick nine. Because praticing in the indoor putting green at golftown doesnt help me at all to judge if it could work for me. Thanks mate.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Yes.

Studio Select Newport 2

Byron Morgan 612

Byron Morgan DH89

Kari Lajosi DD201

Ping WRX Anser 2

Cheers,

Mike

what a review. I appreciate it. Now, before pulling the triger i would like to borrow one for someone for a quick nine. Because praticing in the indoor putting green at golftown doesnt help me at all to judge if it could work for me. Thanks mate.

My handicap is nowhere near as low as yours but I have had a similar experience to you with the Spider Tour Black. I have putters that look better and feel better but they do not perform as good as the Spider.

Particularly from 10 feet in, I could putt for an hour with my PING Anser TR 1966 or my PING Karsten Anser but within 5 minutes of rolling the Spider, I am getting better results. However, it is strange because I don’t necessarily really like what I am looking down at particaurly like the feel.

I have just purchased a Spider Tour Black based on the amount of putts that I am draining. I am sure I can move it on if we do not get on but right now, I am choosing results over looks and feel.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Just returned my red tour sight line model. After a dozen rounds the paint was flaking off all over the insert area so that white was showing all over it and the corners, where it touches the headcover when you slide it in, were already showing a ridiculous amount of wear. Store has a 30 day return policy and I couldn’t see holding on to something that looked that crappy, that fast.

Maybe I just got a bad one, but for $300, the quality just wasn’t there.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Just returned my red tour sight line model. After a dozen rounds the paint was flaking off all over the insert area so that white was showing all over it and the corners, where it touches the headcover when you slide it in, were already showing a ridiculous amount of wear. Store has a 30 day return policy and I couldn’t see holding on to something that looked that crappy, that fast.

Maybe I just got a bad one, but for $300, the quality just wasn’t there.

That's really unfortunate... I always hated how TMs white putters flaked and chipped so easy. I really want to get my hands on a tour red but would be equally as annoyed if this happens. I feel like with the tour presence and marketing TM have, they should combat these types of issues quickly with better QC for the consumer. What do I know... I just want to make putts.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Yes.

Studio Select Newport 2

Byron Morgan 612

Byron Morgan DH89

Kari Lajosi DD201

Ping WRX Anser 2

Cheers,

Mike

Owned many of the same putters

Mike nailed this

- I too hate the look

- the confidence this gives on 10 ft and in is ridiculous

- in the bags of many non paid staffers - including jimmy walker

Vanity wants my Bettinardi or Cameron back in the bag , stokes gained putting calls for the spider

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN