Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

I hit driver, fairways, and blades yesterday. They look great at addres and sound fantastic. Didn’t take the time to get fit for a shaft that worked for me, but they looked good. Even though they have the ridges on the crown, it seemed less busy than f8.

The blades felt good. Virtually no offset, nice high toe. The shape of the blade end was a little more round than I prefer (would like it a little more square), but could get over it real quick. They felt very soft and had great turf interaction.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

What do you mean by making heads in different lofts? Looks similar to the past as the f9 pictures show loft of 7.5-10.5, while the f8+ was 8-11

Meaning in the past Cobra always had 1 head with no loft stamped on it and ultimately the number on the adapter determined the loft. Works just fine, but generally when you loft lower you open the face, and conversely lofting up closes the face. Cobra has tried to counter that a little, but it happens when you change loft. For the F9 I've seen heads with 9.0 and 10.5 on them just above the adapter, meaning the heads are made at more of a specific loft with less emphasis on changing via the sleeve.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18203074

7925d82b71fd193cb146afc2156ccd1e.JPG

Biggest takeaway for me is that they're finally making heads in different lofts. About time, as someone who hits the ball on the lower side but also hits draws, the lofting up and closing of the face kept me away from Cobra for a while. I'll give this a look.

Agree that this is a nice change. I am a big fan of the "+" model of Cobra drivers, but I also like open faces and relatively high loft, which does't work when the "square" setting is 9.5* - might have to try the 10.5* opened up a touch.

Biggest takeaway for me is that they're finally making heads in different lofts. About time, as someone who hits the ball on the lower side but also hits draws, the lofting up and closing of the face kept me away from Cobra for a while. I'll give this a look.

Agree that this is a nice change. I am a big fan of the "+" model of Cobra drivers, but I also like open faces and relatively high loft, which does't work when the "square" setting is 9.5* - might have to try the 10.5* opened up a touch.

the heads sit pretty square. I demoed one last night. 9* set to -1 loft setting and the face still had the square look to it. plus this head had more ball speed for me than the f8+. this model seems to launch a little lower than the f8+ for me.

What do you mean by making heads in different lofts? Looks similar to the past as the f9 pictures show loft of 7.5-10.5, while the f8+ was 8-11

Meaning in the past Cobra always had 1 head with no loft stamped on it and ultimately the number on the adapter determined the loft. Works just fine, but generally when you loft lower you open the face, and conversely lofting up closes the face. Cobra has tried to counter that a little, but it happens when you change loft. For the F9 I've seen heads with 9.0 and 10.5 on them just above the adapter, meaning the heads are made at more of a specific loft with less emphasis on changing via the sleeve.

That's not how it works. The adapter is the same for all MyFly8 compatible clubs and has a 3 degree range from lowest to highest loft.

With the older models where they had a plus and non-plus model the plus head had a lower "standard" loft than the non-plus. In the case of the F8 it is 10.5* whereas the F8+ is 9*.

With the F9 they've gone away from the plus/non-plus and just have different loft heads now. The adapter now has relative numbers instead of specific loft values like the older models but they all do the same thing.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

So I read the Atmos shafts are supposed to be real deal but they seem to have a different color scheme from the normal Atmos tour spec shafts. Seems a bit odd they would invest all that money in changing the color of the shafts instead of just dropping the normal color scheme like Wilson did with the Cortex. Can anyone confirm for sure if they are the "real deal"?

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

That's not how it works. The adapter is the same for all MyFly8 compatible clubs and has a 3 degree range from lowest to highest loft.

With the older models where they had a plus and non-plus model the plus head had a lower "standard" loft than the non-plus. In the case of the F8 it is 10.5* whereas the F8+ is 9*.

With the F9 they've gone away from the plus/non-plus and just have different loft heads now. The adapter now has relative numbers instead of specific loft values like the older models but they all do the same thing.

This is what I read also. Everything works the same but they said that people were having some problems figuring out their system or something to that effect. So just as jvincent stated the 9* head is essentially the + model and the 10.5* head is the non +.

Anyone know when shops will have the heads for fittings for driver, woods, hybrids.

The complete line of woods is in store now here in San Diego. All the shafts too

I think the driver looks great. 3 wood from the photo does not. Don't play hybrids so no opinion. Ping man since G15 .switched over to F8+ and have zero regrets. Its all about performance. Pings drivers are hideous imo but perform. The cobra drivers are very similar imo (performance) just sound much better to me. Ill pass on this driver and stick with F8+ as it's extremely accurate for me and I prefer its look better than any of my previous Pings and from these photos of the F9. if F9 performs they'll sell plenty I'm sure . Like hearing others state looks better in person .

Anyone know when shops will have the heads for fittings for driver, woods, hybrids.

The complete line of woods is in store now here in San Diego. All the shafts too

No sign of them up here yet. :-(

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

So I read the Atmos shafts are supposed to be real deal but they seem to have a different color scheme from the normal Atmos tour spec shafts. Seems a bit odd they would invest all that money in changing the color of the shafts instead of just dropping the normal color scheme like Wilson did with the Cortex. Can anyone confirm for sure if they are the "real deal"?

the black pant looks better with the head, plus they wanted to be different than Wilson.

the black pant looks better with the head, plus they wanted to be different than Wilson.

Cool makes sense!! Can't wait to get fitted this is by the far the best most aggressive looking head to me just looks fast and powerful! I am sure the performance is there and they really nailed the feel and sound.

I got them yesterday...some of the advanced places will have them earlier. According to my contact inside they are real deal shafts, Fuji was planning on changing some of the graphics (not all the pro’s like the white) hence Fuji selling a lot of shafts to Wilson for cortex...

Under construction....

Golf Galaxy in Cincy has them out today. Launch monitor there sucks and they weren’t thrilled with me hitting it, so I probably only hit a dozen balls. Would be shocked if It doesn’t end up in my bag this year.

Yellow isn’t for everyone, but is absolutely pops in person. The black, yellow, and red look like Ferrari made a driver. Gizmos on head are well hidden. I heard they’re much more visible on the white head.

Only shaft they had was the stock Atmos. Averaged 10 yards longer with the F9 than the used Rogue with the Evenflow in it I compared it too.

Wasn’t crazy about the fairway wood. Seemed a little too compact for my eye. Didnt get a chance to hit it.

The fairway is the one that intrigues me and I had issues with the f8 being too compact so interesting to see how they compare. The ping g400 is still the largest looking forgiving head out there.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

has anyone hit the irons?

I've been looking around for any info on ballflight, club speed, spin, etc and nobody seems to have much on them out there yet.

do they look as funky in person as they do in the images?

I have hit the f9 I think they look good for a game improvement iron the feel is nice IMO...I have only tried them in single length so can’t completely comment on variable length but I know the single length ones are long and for me too low of spin but most of the distance irons are for me...can try to answer any questions people might have

Under construction....

I hit a 10.5 F9 with a couple different shafts in X flex - the Atmos black and the HZRDUS Smoke. I thought both performed well but something about the swing weight/balance of these shaft/head combos just didn't suit me all that well. I was getting some good #'s on the solid strikes, probably about on par with anything out there atm, but with either of those shafts I just couldn't find much consistency at all and was getting some nasty hooks mixed in. Just to compare, I picked up a G400 LST that was just sitting there in the bay with an Alta X flex shaft in it and I was much more consistent with it and bombing it. I'll have to give it another go here locally as i was out of town and didn't have a ton of time with it. It does seem to perform better than the F8+ for me at least, which I never seem to get any distance out of and I do like the looks of the F9, so I want to like it.

The ‘other site’ confirms they’re real deal directly quoting Fujikura. Suspect you may see Fuji release them as an aftermarket option once the F9 is released?

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

Golf Galaxy in Cincy has them out today. Launch monitor there sucks and they weren't thrilled with me hitting it, so I probably only hit a dozen balls. Would be shocked if It doesn't end up in my bag this year.

Yellow isn't for everyone, but is absolutely pops in person. The black, yellow, and red look like Ferrari made a driver. Gizmos on head are well hidden. I heard they're much more visible on the white head.

Only shaft they had was the stock Atmos. Averaged 10 yards longer with the F9 than the used Rogue with the Evenflow in it I compared it too.

Wasn't crazy about the fairway wood. Seemed a little too compact for my eye. Didnt get a chance to hit it.

GG always gives me shady looks when asking to hit clubs or spend more than 2 minutes on the putting green with two different models. PGA SS in Orlando was super chill and I was essentially left alone for 30 minutes as I hit a few different clubs and putters. Shame cause I don't have a PGA SS near me and have to deal with GG and their pressure system.

This has probably been mentioned, but I am hoping to avoid going through every post on the thread :)

Does anyone know what these will sell for at retail? Are they going $500+ like most other OEM's?

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS