Dechambeau throws a fit, blames camara man for ruining his brand

bogeypro

You've got one heck of a nerve trying to be objective about this when everybody else wants to use hyperbole to trash the guy !!! LMAO

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Jeff, stop it. Stop it right now for using some critical thinking...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Bryson does plenty himself to ensure hes probably one of the last guys picked to drink with, but I think a decent majority % of his toolish aura is manufactured by the golf channel/announcers and their beloved bit of repeating material. They just straight abuse the dead horse on every single broadcast about how he is golfs Stephen Hawking, how "different" he sees the same sport than the rest of the 1% population of pros, and now presently his thicc boi status and how his arms look like "table legs" (nice one sir faldo). Much like how they cant resist regaling how "huge" and "linebacker" Brooks looks.

We get it.....weve gotten it.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

LOL, i just try to think of how many men's leagues i've played in over the years (i'm 38 now). I've played in basketball men's leagues where guys would get tackled on game point because there were no free throws (this was a rec league with NOTHING at stake). I've played in flag football leagues where there were brawls. I've played in club golf matches that were internal, handicapped, fun stuff, where guys curse and slam clubs. I let out the F word yesterday in our match play qualifier in round 2 and my score in round 1 already had qualified me

People just can't completely control their emotions, almost no one can. Even in FUN events

So i cut these guys some slack. But as mentioned, the "gentleman" side of it gets brought up so much that Bryson probably does have a point. If the tour wants to convey that image they should try to protect their brand a bit better. Either that or start branding these guys as "true" athletes that curse, cheat, and will do whatever it takes to win. Which they usually are.

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

ANYBODY who has played in a pick up game of bball has played in EVERY pick up game across the world. It is the same, and excellent point.....46 year old dudes out there with ACLs holding on by a prayer storming off the court in red faced, expletive laced tirades because they arent getting foul calls like they are Jordan in game 6. If Kyle from accounting cant contain emotions in a pickup D league where you pay to play gotta give some pros who make their living out inside the ropes a break.

• Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Apologizing for what exactly ?

I've scanned a few written accounts and watched the Golf Channel video coverage of the incident.

Eamon whatever his name is obviously dislikes DeChambeau and a UK pub calls him all sorts of names but the text of the coverage and of DeC talking about it after the fact doesn't show/describe him as "throwing a fit" as the OP entitled the thread, nor did any video show DeC reading the cameraman the riot act. Talk about "clickbait". LOL

All the hyperbole here doesn't' seem close to describing the actual event. Along with your "Palmer reading the riot act to Curtis". Surely you don't think Arnie was screaming at Curtis, do you ? Or DID he ? Or did he just take Curtis aside and give him some friendly advice about how to handle himself ?

Now DeC is a different sort of fellow, that's for sure. And to be honest I find him a little "douchey", a little weird, a little offbeat. And a lot of people "fear" others who are different. I get it. So what ? This guy's got game.

Titleist Pro V1X

Buck shots out the top of the Lexus Coupe , leave no witnesses

What you think this is? Ain't no amateurs here

I damage and tear, MCs fear me, they too near not to hear me , clearlyI'm the triple beam dream!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I didn't say it was an excuse. Did I NOT say I find him a little "douchey" ? So what ? He's 26. He's still something of a kid learning to deal with fame. Have YOU not made a single mistake since you were 26 ? How about in the last 24 hours ? And I'm guessing you don't have a camera following you around all the time. LOL

He'll have to learn to deal with everybody watching his every move. I expect he'll learn,,,,,,,,,, or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, guess we'll see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but what a mountain out of a molehill !!!

Titleist Pro V1X

LOLLL that takes me back.

When i played Junior college football i used to warm up with the 2 QB's ( i was a receiver) and we would each do verses of gimme da loot while we were going through our pre-game. We did this before pretty much every game haha

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Golf is hard. There are very few people who don't show an ugly side when they're under pressure or frustrated. Few meaning, Matt Kuchar and Webb Simpson. I'm sure there are maybe a couple more out there.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

Hey T! I don’t think anyone is chastising him for showing an ugly side, like has been mentioned, everybody has one and shows it on occasion. The issue is not being man enough to just own up to what he did. And no matter how much NX wants to characterize it as hyperbole, when he gives an earful(no matter how it was delivered) to a camera man who is just doing his job, because he hit a poor shot and reacted, he’s just flat out in the wrong. That’s not hyperbole, that is plain, simple truth. He was mad at himself and he directed the anger at someone else. He’s supposedly a smart guy, if he’s got an ounce of true brain he knows he is in the wrong and his argument jut sounds ridiculous

Just be a man, admit you made a mistake and move on. And yes, an apology is in order. Because the camera man did absolutely nothing wrong. What the networks should do is tell him fine, we won’t show you at all. Ever. See what that does for the “brand”.

• Like 2

Just when I started to like this guy again he says some bs like this. What a fragile ego and mind he has. Grow a pair, nut up and shut up. I mean, if there was a crowd, surely someone would have caught it on camera anyways. This guy is a douchenozzle

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

This is clearly just the PED's talking, I have no doubt :)

Honestly, isn't this the other part of "golf professional," where you exhibit those professional qualities for which you are getting paid a fortune? I'm only a school principal, and I deal with all kinds of needless societal BS. If I lose my cool and drop the F-bomb or chuck some piece of furniture then it would be all over social media. If he doesn't want to get filmed throwing a tantrum...don't throw a tantrum. No one cares if you are upset - welcome to adult life.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Yes, he was wrong. That though is not the "hyperbole". A LOT of these posts are though.

OP said he "threw a fit". Eamon Lynch says he "berated" the cameraman and acted like a jerk. A UK paper that popped up in a search also berated DeChambeau sort of National Enquirer or NY Post style. As for the rest, go re-read them yourself if you like. Or care.

Is there a video of the incident so one may judge for oneself ? Is there something from someone that overheard the exchange ? I'll even consider an account from the cameraman.

At least give me something, and, if I think it necessary, I'll gladly take back my "hyperbole" comment.

But until then, given all the snark in this thread I'll stick with the "haters gonna hate". And that's it's all hyperbole.

Titleist Pro V1X

This is what happens when you are a bit of a head case about everything being perfect and you are used to having control over all the other little variables in your world. Throw that out in the public eye with pressure, fans, and cameras, and you can quickly become bitter about all these "distractions" that you just wish weren't there. Bryson knows his wedge game is his weak spot right now and is obviously self conscious about it. A self assured, more mature person would take that energy in that moment and be self deprecating, maybe even say something in to the camera that he was so uncomfortable with about how he "can't wait to fix his stupid wedge game" or something like that. Instead he acted like a spoiled child and ruined an opportunity to appear more likable. He'll figure it out eventually, but for now he is occasionally a very large baby.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

That's true. Just a little sad that he misses the point regarding brand when he messed it up more with his berating of the cameraman. The way he thinks if the cameras aren't on him then how he acts doesn't matter doesn't help either. We all have fits on the golf course, I think every golfer can sympathize with that. It's harder to sympathize with his berating of the cameraman though.

Seems like he's way better at improving his game than maintaining his brand.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Yeah he did overreact. You're right. It's like when I tell my kid, just say you "F"ed up, apologize and move on.

• Like 1

Curtis and Arnie and the difference between that and DeChambeau and the cameraman wasn't the point.

My whole point was according to Bryson's description of the incident he did NOT "throw a fit", "berate" or, as you now describe it "get in the face of". Has there been any other evidence about the exchange since it happened ? Especially video ? I'll even take an account of the incident from the cameraman himself. Not necessarily as "gospel" but at least it's a(nother) firsthand account.

If you have any further proof of what actually happened, by all means please feel free to show it.

TIA

Titleist Pro V1X

How many hours of footage and time does one need to spend around a person to form such expert opinion?

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21