Dechambeau throws a fit, blames camara man for ruining his brand

bogeypro

He def. comes off as a whiner, and now that he's hitting the ball crazy far, he's going to be on camera almost non stop during every tournament he's in. Every time he hits a bad shot, he blames something else. "UGHHH TIMMY!!! THE WIND MUST HAVE KICKED UP... WHAT THE HECK TIM!!" Hmm idk Bryson, maybe you just made a bad pass at it?? I'm sure he had parents who led him to believe that anything that went wrong in his life was never his fault.

loves the camera guy when they get his 340 yard drive, hates the camera guy when he gets his bad shots also.

Attention seeking spoiled, entitled brat is appropriate for him.

Take some responsibility for your bad shot and move on.

What exactly is your brand anyway? Is that you making yourself look like a 7 year old?

• Like 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

I don't mind Bryson throwing a fit at himself or his caddy for bad play. That's what the game does to us.

However, he cannot verbally or physically abuse anyone associated with the Tour, including sponsors, volunteers, cameramen, and anyone else providing support for his paycheck. If he doesn't like it, he can go find another golf tour to play. What he did was a fineable offense, and I hope he already has his ears burning from a call from Tour management.

Completely different though E. Those of us playing those $5 nassaus aren’t getting paid big bucks to do it on camera. If you want the good, then you take the bad that comes with it.

My wife just happened to walk by while he was speaking. Her comment, “he sounds like a millennial (although we both dislike the term since it also is a gross generalization of an entire generation. But the behavior also fits exactly with what today’s connotation of millennial is). An entitled brat, I want this, I want to be on camera, but only when it suits me”.

Reminds of years ago. I think it was Charles Barkley who said “we aren’t role models”. Sorry, but you are. The fact that you get paid obscene amount of money to play a game in front of large audiences puts you inherently in that position. Again, you take the bad with try good.

Those are fair points, I would agree. I guess the point I was trying to make is that it’s easy for us to judge as we observe these people.

Bryson should try to be better. 100% agree

I’m very glad cameras are not on me as often as they are on these guys. I’d probably have no sponsors after a while.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I don’t understand anyone who thinks athletes, or other celebrities like actors, are role models. Especially adults. Seems really weird to put someone you don’t know up there just because they happen to have one particular specialized skill. I’ve never had a celebrity as a role model and don’t care one iota what they do outside their performance.

Because they simply are. I’m speaking in terms of kids. Let’s face it, how many moms or dads have glamorous jobs that are looked up to by the kids. Virtually none. The people they watch, admire, and often times emulate....are the people they see in the media spotlight. Athletes, actors, etc. Should it be this way, no, but the reality is that it’s true.

if, growing up as a kid you never looked up to a celebrity and were never influenced by them, then my hat is off to you because you are one of the very few.

• Like 1

So basically, Bryson is complaining because "he's looking at me"....when (a) he is paid to be looked at; (b) he (the cameraman) is paid to look at him; and, © I guarantee a producer was in the cameraman's ear telling him to "stay on Bryson." Sounds like a complaint ("he's looking at me") my kids would have in the back seat when they were 5 and 6 years old, except way less mature....

I've really, REALLY tried to find a way to like Bryson, but I think this just about seals it. Tool.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

You answered your own question with the statement, “benefit their own company”. What are we going to talk about here, or what are people going to watch? someone’s two foot putt or Sergio throwing another of his tantrums? It’s an easy answer.

So if you are in one of those high visibility positions you have to assume someone is ALWAYS watching (and probably filming). And if you do have a “moment”, so what. Own up to it, apologize if necessary, and move on. Everyone else will move on as well, unless you whine and complain about it and continue to keep it newsworthy. People have short attention spans and the next thing is waiting right around the corner.

Bryson is a little high strung as we say down south. Now on this latest incident you do not know how long that camera man had been 'dogging" him. I saw the report on GC this morning> I will say the GC tries to show him in bad light everytime something happens involving him. It seems to me they are not in favor with some of the high tech things he has came up with. They repeatedly showed the blow up on the range at The Open a few years back and yes they showed it again this morning on Morning Drive. I think about 90% of it is the know it alls at the GC do not like him

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

He's very tightly wrapped.

He loves his golf and talking about it, more than other people want to hear it. I personally can identify with that.

There's a virus out there, everyone is half crazy. I'm cutting everyone as much slack as I can.

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

Bryson taking the camera guy to task is understandable. He was mad. Anybody here ever get mad and go off on someone/act like a hot head ever?

But, afterwords, he should have thought it through and said he was wrong...and then get the guy in trouble behind the scenes! Lol, kidding, guy was just doing his job. BD will learn.

Theres a reason why TW doesn’t say peep to the media. Can’t imagine how many camera men annoyed him over the years. But, he just sucks it up and stays focused.

Plus, as I said before, you want to act like a jerk and still have the world love ya? Then you gotta

a2c3efa3-84f5-46fc-90ba-af8f29060280.jpeg

He acted like a tool...doesn’t mean he is one all the time.

i like him, I think he’s a talented player.

He gets and deserves a lot of respect for his approach on how he sees the game and equipment. That being said, you act like a selfish donkey and some of that respect is lost and he needs to work at getting it back.

Everyone is wound pretty tight lately, but the guy needs to chill out once in a while.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

While I totally understand what BD is saying, if you don't want your "brand" damaged then control your actions better. Period. You are making the big endorsement bucks for a reason. You are going to make your "brand" what YOU make it, including when you are acting like a dipshart. Don't blame someone else when you don't live up to your own standards. The cameraman did nothing wrong. You did. Get over yourself. You aren't that dang important anyway, you play golf and get paid millions to do it. Now try to follow Jack and Arnie's examples of being a class act, or follow the Tiger method and act like a first rate jackarse. Your choice, Your brand. But don't whine about it and blame someone else if you can't handle the attention that comes with the fame and money because you couldn't handle yourself the way you wished you had in hind sight.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

It's not the network's job to protect the player's brands as Bryson seems to suggest. The person most responsible for protecting his brand is Bryson. He should also recognize that in the current Covid situation cameras on course are limited so they can't just jump from group to group as before. So cameras might spend more time with him or any other player in a group where cameras are assigned.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

hahaha privacy? you've got to be kidding me. you're out on the freakin' course. are you going to blame the patrons when they allow them back for being there? other players would love to have the attention that you're getting. YOU did more damage to your brand than that cameraman ever did. what a joke!

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus 6.0
3 Wood: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13* Fujikura Motore F3 70-S
Hybrid: Ping Rapture v2 17*
Irons: Srixon 745 TT DG S300 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist 718 ap2 50* GW
Titleist SM6 54* M grind SW
Putter: Swag the Cooler