2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Dechambeau throws a fit, blames camara man for ruining his brand

bogeypro

i honestly don't think any of us looked at golfers or other athletes with anything other than their performance attributes in mind ... we may have talked fondly or glowingly about them, but it was never because "they're a fine gentleman" ... i think a lot of that actually comes from the adult world ...you hear people talk about 'this guy was a *ick" or "that guy was all right", all based on 5 minutes of interaction with them, at most ... there are obviously exceptions when there's a track record or a public record of what happened ... i've never heard of someone saying what bd said to the camera guy ... not even close, really ... but was arnold a really, really stand up moral/ethical individual with nothing but honorable intent in everything he did? ... probably, based on what i have heard or haven't heard ... but i really have no idea ... and kids are allowed to worship athletes too much, anyways, even if it's for their performance in the arena ...

What brand is he talking about? Does he actually have a ton of sponsorships?

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Yes. To me there’s a difference between aspiring to be like someone and looking up to someone. Again my dad I looked up to my dad as a person...I never looked up to Nicklaus, Jordan, Bird, Magic as a person but as an athlete sure he’ll yeah I was shooting jumpers with my tongue out or in my Celtics warm up shooting threes. The point I’m trying to get across is there’s a difference between aspiring to be like an athlete and looking up to an athlete/celebrity/actor aspire to be like them all you want there the best and you should strive to be the best...but if you don’t know their personal life they’re not role models. And parents might need to sit little tommy down (god forbid) and say hey t Brysons a real ass don’t ever do this...use it as a teaching moment to be a role model for your kids

My opinion: Bryson simply does not understand social norms. He does not innately know when he is outside of what people consider acceptable behavior. It is very difficult for him to understand why people don't like some of the things that he does. He tries to do the right things based on what people he trusts tell him but it is not easy for him.

Bryson being a tool and speaking **** that seems like he was being perfectly “on brand” to me. The guy is a narcissist. Sure he is working it out golf wise and looks like he could go on to be one of the dominant players of his era but whilst others might be able to compete with him when it comes to getting a little white ball into the hole, it looks like is only competition for the number one asshat on Tour will be PReed.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

screenshot-2020-07-06-at-09-52-12.png

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

You do bring up a valid point actually a couple of them--- I guess the press does hang around Bryson waiting on him to blow up as they did with Sergio a while back. I know there is all kinds of stuff on U-Tube showing Tiger dropping the F-Bomb etc. And i guess since lately since Bryson has been acting out he has became the poster boy and they are leaving poor Patrick Reed alone. I guess bad behavior draws good press which sells

The other valid point is yep no one hates Rickie. Like you stated the only bad thing I have ever heard said about him is that basically he is an underachiever.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

IMHO there is no reason to vilify the cameraman or the network in this instance. Whether it they had a good shot or a bad one, key players and/or the scoreboard leaders have been followed closely by cameramen since the very early days of tv coverage. Likewise, staying with a player while they walked up the fairway after a good or bad shot has been something that has occurred with regularity. If the network was truly out to show players blowing up after bad shots, I have absolutely no doubt that we would see a lot more of it. If anything I'd be willing to bet that the network does a good job of not showing a lot of things that they could if they chose to.

While the cameraman may stick with a player to see how they react, the reaction is on the player. You want to not come off like a jerk, then the solution is simple... don't act like one. After a very young age if someone cannot control having an emotional outburst because something detrimental happens... then they need to do some self examination and damage control.

That’s not who he is. I don’t know his long term goals but he’s made enough to last him a couple of lifetimes already. I’m pretty sure he just wants to act how he wants to and be important enough that the networks will make sure he’s shown on a good light. There is also the possibility that he is just acting like this to be a villain..the more times he’s on tv the more money he will make.

Either way the Usga is loving him right now. He will almost single handily give them the ammo they need to change the equipment specs to something harder to hit straight.

I didn't know being a self aggrandizing, narcissistic, petty, attention seeking t**d was a brand. The guy is playing some fantastic golf right now, but he strikes me as the kind of person I'd pay you to keep away from me.

And that also goes for his nitwit representative who made the comment about how people outside the spotlight behave in their workplace. You are welcome to come follow me around 24 hours a day, in my workplace, at home, anywhere. There's nothing special about me but I treat people with patience & kindness & when I get hacked off & irritated (usually with myself, most of my problems in life have been self inflicted as this kid hopefully will learn) I keep it to myself & don't take it out on the people around me. That's the way I was raised & the way I choose to live; it ain't that hard. I guess that's my brand. It's so much easier when the brand you hope to sell to other people is who you really are & you don't have to try to hide it.

Second time you’ve said “haters gonna hate.” No, it’s adults on here discussing how his behavior is childish and berating someone doing their job is unacceptable. When someone doesn’t agree with you it doesn’t make them a “hater” it means they have their own opinion. Such a stupid cop out phrase in disguise of false bravado.

You are missing the point completely. Just own the temper tantrum, the "hate" is him scolding a person for doing their job because they broadcast him throwing a tantrum while doing his job. BAD is more worried about building his brand, that he has obviously been working on since college, as some pseudo intellectual, and he doesn't want that brand damaged by people seeing what kind of person he really is. He would actually seem more human and likable if he said "wow that was embarrassing, I need to work on my behavior, I apologize" but instead his entitled little whiney ass is blaming others for damaging his brand. GTFU.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Yes, but more importantly for him and his agent, they have worked very carefully developing this image they can market, by making him seem like some sort of scientist. They have to go on and on about his equipment, floating his balls, his silly hat, his diet, his workout regimen, hiss ingle length clubs, his commercials where he appears so thoughtful and calculated. etc etc etc.

He has a bunch of sponsors, just look at all the logos on his clothes and bag.

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Further to my last comment “my brand” ... when you hit it 340 dead straight of course there’s going to be cameras. I’m especially disappointed with Simms, his manager, with his statement. That made it worse.

Apologize. Full stop. The game has changed, but manners do not.

Bryson seems like a guy who's grown up in a high-status family and hasn't really had to take many hard knocks, work manual labor jobs, etc. I mean he's basically just taking his anger out on a poor camera guy who's only there doing his job. The fact that Bryson took the guy aside and layed into him is laughable. If you don't want people watching your tantrums, then don't have them when people are watching. It's pretty simple really, and he should have learned this hard lesson about tantrums by the time he was 10.

Also I find the phrase "my brand" to be really depressing. It just goes to show how much commercialization has seeped into every facet of our lives, now even you as a human being can be considered "a brand". I just hate it.

Yeah, but just to promote his brand, when no one is looking he does a shot of Jaeger.

• Like 1

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly