Continental Golf - Refinishing and More!

Continental Golf

I am looking to send a few clubs in this winter. Finally biting the bullet after following this thread forever. My question to those who have used them is- what is the best way to do this? I have the repair form and can fill out but just want to make sure of my options. Will they call me to discuss the project or will they complete the work as best described? Should I call them first to discuss and then fill out the repair form and send in? I kinda know what I want but wanted to see what options they have for face/sole- i.e. which are shiny, matte, more/less durable etc. Just want to make sure the first time out I know what my options are so I am best informed. Thanks.

I am looking to send a few clubs in this winter. Finally biting the bullet after following this thread forever. My question to those who have used them is- what is the best way to do this? I have the repair form and can fill out but just want to make sure of my options. Will they call me to discuss the project or will they complete the work as best described? Should I call them first to discuss and then fill out the repair form and send in? I kinda know what I want but wanted to see what options they have for face/sole- i.e. which are shiny, matte, more/less durable etc. Just want to make sure the first time out I know what my options are so I am best informed. Thanks.

I started with sending them a PM through here. Worked out the details beforehand and then filled out the repair form accordingly.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

You can PM through WRX or give them a call at 919-833-8887. I've dealt with Justin in the past. They are great to deal with and will answer any questions you have. I've had three drivers done by them. Just amazing work.

Continental posted in this thread that they are closed this week. They will be back in starting 1/2/18. Good luck.

At Thanksgiving my Dad gave me his favorite driver and asked for a new grip for Christmas. I took it home and noticed a few sky marks and scratches and thought it a perfect opportunity for a project for Justin and his boys.

My Dad is a graduate of the US Air Force Academy so I sent Justin the head (SLDR) along with the paint code for AFA Blue and a sample of the AFA lightning bolt. After some emails, texts, PMs, and phone calls we had a plan which they were able to turn around in time for Christmas.

Take a look at the clean lines on this paint work! The lightning bolt is by hand and is electric, lol. It’s silver metal flake to match the trim. Dad was blown away and can’t wait to show his fellow golfing service members.

8b7828c630c71e433c7ba121b956f6ee.jpgb00b4176fc51c64fe117807a990f6adb.jpgdeab0c312d557e4985045320d82bfeeb.jpg561522f04874b4b47b606561f9b5641f.jpg873e1007ed5f46bd604712763bb0c63d.jpga9293c6b16d5d88400d6a3c42a884f03.jpg

PS — Yes, I did remember to install the new grip he wanted too!

You can PM through WRX or give them a call at 919-833-8887. I've dealt with Justin in the past. They are great to deal with and will answer any questions you have. I've had three drivers done by them. Just amazing work.

Continental posted in this thread that they are closed this week. They will be back in starting 1/2/18. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I think I will PM and then call after the New Years.

At Thanksgiving my Dad gave me his favorite driver and asked for a new grip for Christmas. I took it home and noticed a few sky marks and scratches and thought it a perfect opportunity for a project for Justin and his boys.

My Dad is a graduate of the US Air Force Academy so I sent Justin the head (SLDR) along with the paint code for AFA Blue and a sample of the AFA lightning bolt. After some emails, texts, PMs, and phone calls we had a plan which they were able to turn around in time for Christmas.

Take a look at the clean lines on this paint work! The lightning bolt is by hand and is electric, lol. It’s silver metal flake to match the trim. Dad was blown away and can’t wait to show his fellow golfing service members.

That is amazing! Did he get the new grip too?

I have been meaning to drop back in this thread after I received my driver head back and actually got to see the work up close. It took a little adjusting looking down at it without the speed steps. But, I have to say, the quality of the work is outstanding. It looks like this club was painted this way straight from the factory. The matte black is so smooth and uniform. Top notch job. The carbon fiber is still visible, but much less so. Ant that's in a good way. You can see it when the light hits it just right.

I was on the fence about sending my last couple of drivers in for a refresh. I am glad my dog decided to try and eat my driver to force my hand. Long story short, if you are on the fence about getting this done, just do it. You will not be disappointed by the results.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

Hey guys. We are still playing catch up mode with refinishing and this colder weather we have had here in NC has really put slow on spraying clubs. The clubs before Christmas that arrived we are pushing to have them start shipping end of next week. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about your particular club. Sorry for the delay for everyone!

Thanks

Justin

I've got my "O" face on with those pics as I can't wait to see the Odyssey #7 I sent them.

Ping G400 Max 10.5° Distanza SR

Ping G425 SFT 3 & 5, Distanza SR

Ping G30 4H R

Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW, Projext X Catalyst 60 R

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50°, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Cleveland CBX 56° Full Face, Project X Catalyst 80 R

Evnroll ER10 34" Winn ProX 1.18 grip

Srixon Soft Feel

Hey guys. We are still playing catch up mode with refinishing and this colder weather we have had here in NC has really put slow on spraying clubs. The clubs before Christmas that arrived we are pushing to have them start shipping end of next week. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about your particular club. Sorry for the delay for everyone!

Thanks

Justin

Just sent you a follow up PM from last year. Finally ready to make a move on my putter.

Thanks again

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Just shipped my Ping G400 head out today for Hot Melt....can't wait to get it back.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Just got a progress pic of my 2016 Tour Issue M2. Looks great. Thanks Justin and Continental, I can't wait to get it paired up with my HZRDUS Black HC shaft also in Matte black!

Srixon ZX5 Driver 10.5* Evenflow Riptide 50 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 15* Evenflow Riptide 60 6.0

Srixon ZX Fairway 21* Evenflow Riptide 70 6.0

Srixon ZX Utility 23* Recoil 95 F4

Srixon ZX Hybrid 25* Evenflow Riptide 80 6.0

Srixon ZX7 6-P Modus 120s

Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52*,56*,60* Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. Golf B.2 LAGP TPZ ONE35

Srixon Z-Star

Very interested in doing this to my driver

With black finishes is there anyway to retain the black anodized face but get rid of all the ball marks?

I have a king Ltd driver that i would like to do

If not

Also would the bead blast or polish hold up better in the long run, which would should less use (if that makes sense...)

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Do you guys do any iron refinishing? If so, can you post pics of some recent jobs?

Looking to possibly get some blades refinished in a satin finish (currently chrome finish).

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

can you bend hosels and then refinish?

TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero / Fujikura Ventus Black 7 X

TA Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond-T 14° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X 

Callaway UW 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 X

Titleist TSi3 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10 TX

Callaway X Forged UT '21 25°/ Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x 

Srixon Z785 6-PW / Nippon Modus 125-X HS1x

50F Vokey SM8 Jet Black / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

54K Vokey Tour Design Raw / Nippon Super Peening Blue X

58K Vokey SM8 Jet Black / BGT ZNE 130

Piretti Potenza Cu plated 360g / BGT Stability Shaft  

Just got back my TM Aeroburner TP HL Fairway! Sweet. I was a little worried when I pulled it out of the box, saw the bubble wrap and through that it was a cream color. Luckily it was the club head condom that they use to ship...lol. Had them paint it to the color of my Titleist 917d 2.

Great Job to Justin and the Boys!

Got my Ping G400 Head back from the guys at Continental. Super fast work on Hot Melting it for me. Delivered on Thursday last week and done and shipped out on Friday (next day). Can’t say enough about them!

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Justin, are the last few Scotty's you posted done with the finish you were telling me about? They look awesome! After my Mil-spec comes back I might be sending a Fastback for that finish...

Sorry for the lack of communication the last few days. It is, that finish is just so beautiful to me, thin and very durable. It really does just look so clean.

@Vietnameeh we dont im sorry about that, if you do anything it just strips that finish off and being anodized we don't have any way of putting it back on. All we could do is turn it to a blasted/brushed silver finish

@widespread that wouldnt be an issue if you just want to matte the club and retain the original colors. I don't have any pictures of us doing it that way but I know we have several times.

At the moment we are not stripping golf clubs, we would have to send the stripping out locally and its difficult trying to maintain timelines and expectations when we have to outsource part of what we do (chrome stripping). Sorry about that and I will let everyone know if something changes on that front.

Thanks everyone and I will post some more pictures this weekend! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to pm me

Justin, are the last few Scotty's you posted done with the finish you were telling me about? They look awesome! After my Mil-spec comes back I might be sending a Fastback for that finish...

Sorry for the lack of communication the last few days. It is, that finish is just so beautiful to me, thin and very durable. It really does just look so clean.

@Vietnameeh we dont im sorry about that, if you do anything it just strips that finish off and being anodized we don't have any way of putting it back on. All we could do is turn it to a blasted/brushed silver finish

@widespread that wouldnt be an issue if you just want to matte the club and retain the original colors. I don't have any pictures of us doing it that way but I know we have several times.

At the moment we are not stripping golf clubs, we would have to send the stripping out locally and its difficult trying to maintain timelines and expectations when we have to outsource part of what we do (chrome stripping). Sorry about that and I will let everyone know if something changes on that front.

Thanks everyone and I will post some more pictures this weekend! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to pm me

Justin, thanks for my work in the X5R back in December it turned out great. I believe I mentioned something about sending my EPIC driver down for a matte finish on the crown, do you have any pictures of any recent EPIC projects?