SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Got my sample pack a few days ago.

Love the balls and will order more.

However, if you have a chance to "enter" a drawing for free balls don't do it.  I've had over 100 junk emails per day since entering.

Edited by bekgolf
less verbose

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

3 hours ago, NJgolfer11 said:

I have a dozen X that I want to return in exchange for a dozen black.

I like the X but I get a better ball flight with the Black.

Can I get an exchange?

https://www.snellgolf.com/policies/refund-policy

Looks like 90 day return policy.

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

6 hours ago, NJgolfer11 said:

I have a dozen X that I want to return in exchange for a dozen black.

I like the X but I get a better ball flight with the Black.

Can I get an exchange?

I'd save the X for windy days. Best windy day ball I've ever used.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

I feel like they are due for an upgrade. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 9/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, gioreeko said:

I haven't noticed this at all. I played yesterday with it, and it hopped and stopped on shorter pitches, and longer pitches it backed up a bit. Full wedges and short irons in it zipped back quite a bit. Love the ball so much

To me they made a change as it’s not the same as the previous year.  Or maybe the Left dash and new TP5X have improved so much that Snell just seems like it’s not as good as before. 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

I feel like they are due for an upgrade. 

I hope so.  Last year I used the Snell MTB- X almost exclusively but this year others OEM’s have either caught up in numbers or surpassed Snell.  I didn’t even buy any Snell’s this year after playing the left dash and TP5X.  The year before I sold all my TP5X’s after hitting the Snell.

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

17 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

We are going to need you to pee in a cup after each round with numbers like that. 

Ha! maybe! I just out did that one with a 310 yard 3 wood blast. It's a Ping 425 Max, and it's an absolute beast!

Maltby TSW sand wedge

On 10/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, gioreeko said:

Ha! maybe! I just out did that one with a 310 yard 3 wood blast. It's a Ping 425 Max, and it's an absolute beast!

All kidding aside, that’s some serious distance with a 3 wood.  Great ball strking.  Your smash factor gotta be like 1.8 😂

Edited by My2Dogs

PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, My2Dogs said:

All kidding aside, that’s some serious distance with a 3 wood.  Great ball stroking.  Your smash factor gotta be like 1.8 😂

I wish! Problem is when I get to the green. No one turns a birdie into a bogey better than me! Shot a 79 the other day with zero birdies, missed 5 birdie putts under 12 feet. Ugh. 

Maltby TSW sand wedge

12 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

I wish! Problem is when I get to the green. No one turns a birdie into a bogey better than me! Shot a 79 the other day with zero birdies, missed 5 birdie putts under 12 feet. Ugh. 

I'm surprised someone hasn't already chimed in to say you must be exaggerating, or even lying, because they've never played with anyone at their local public course who hits the ball like that.   😈

FWIW, I'm not doubting you.  I thought it might be obvious, but figured I'd better be even more obvious.  😉

Edited by NRJyzr

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I'm surprised someone hasn't already chimed in to say you must be exaggerating, or even lying, because they've never played with anyone at their local public course who hits the ball like that.   😈

FWIW, I'm not doubting you.  I thought it might be obvious, but figured I'd better be even more obvious.  😉

I'm a pretty big guy, so if you saw me you'd get it. I'm 6'6" and 220 pounds. I played with a guy last week who played AAA baseball, and his brother pitched for years in the big leagues, and he gave us his number so we could play again, and as we left, he laughed and said, "I've never seen a senior hit the ball so far!" Yeah, I'm 56 y.o and got a chuckle out of that.

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

6 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

I'm a pretty big guy, so if you saw me you'd get it. I'm 6'6" and 220 pounds. I played with a guy last week who played AAA baseball, and his brother pitched for years in the big leagues, and he gave us his number so we could play again, and as we left, he laughed and said, "I've never seen a senior hit the ball so far!" Yeah, I'm 56 y.o and got a chuckle out of that.

One of my friends is about the same size, and only a year or two younger, I get to see it all the time.  He's actually trying to take a bit off because control is an issue for him with the longer sticks.

The senior comment is great.   LOL

What's fun to watch sometimes, and maybe it's a Minnesota thing, is the distance I see from hockey players.  They're always in the upper tier in their age groups.  🙂

PS  I'm missing my age 56 distance, and I'm only 58.  😞

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

25 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

One of my friends is about the same size, and only a year or two younger, I get to see it all the time.  He's actually trying to take a bit off because control is an issue for him with the longer sticks.

The senior comment is great.   LOL

What's fun to watch sometimes, and maybe it's a Minnesota thing, is the distance I see from hockey players.  They're always in the upper tier in their age groups.  🙂

PS  I'm missing my age 56 distance, and I'm only 58.  😞

I'm from Wisconsin, and played a little hockey just for fun when I was younger, and played with a few guys that played more seriously. Great clubhead speed from those guys. Control is definitely an issue when you're long. Tight fairways aren't you're friend when you hit it long and crooked, and I've been teeing off with the 3 wood much more often. At 58 I recommend still doing a lot of speed work, and explosive stuff in the gym helps. I do some golf related medicine ball stuff after my normal lifting every session, and do some different drills with my Orange Whip. I talk with Drew Cooper a lot, and exchange some ideas and get feedback from him too. I'm thinking of trying the long drive stuff again, but I was a little surprised their senior division is 40 and up, I assumed it would be 50, but I may still give it a shot.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

7 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

I'm thinking of trying the long drive stuff again, but I was a little surprised their senior division is 40 and up, I assumed it would be 50, but I may still give it a shot.

That's a surprise.  It used to be a bit higher, as I remember.

If you do give that a go, good luck.

(if you don't, still wishing you good luck, LOL)

30 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

That's a surprise.  It used to be a bit higher, as I remember.

If you do give that a go, good luck.

(if you don't, still wishing you good luck, LOL)

Thanks! Maybe there's a masters division?

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

22 minutes ago, Snell Golf said:

Well, like everything else this year, COVID has been tough on the supply chain of golf balls... This also means on the prototype work in the factories.  We are now on our 5th iteration of the proto work, and the samples have taken over 4 months to be made, and not all shipped out to us yet.  I had hoped to have some new protos completed and tested by October, but there is another significant delay.  The raw material supply continues to be the biggest issue, as well as production capacity.  So we will continue to move forward, and will continue to develop and test the protos when they arrive.  I do not have any exact date on completion, as the factory has not given us a supply date as of yet.  So we will be continuing with the current models for the rest of this year, and have more info on the new models hopefully by the end of the year..   TBH, I am actually just alittle happy to finally be getting some actual product to sell.   We now have MTB X in white, yellow and high numbers,  and MTB BLACK in white and high numbers.   Black in yellow covers will be back in stock very soon as well.    And all offered with no allocations or limitations to quantities.. So the value pack savings are now back and live on the website.

Good to know, the MTBX is a great ball and will stay in the rotation for sure. Excited to hear more about prototypes and testing down the road- thanks!

• Like 1

Predicting a big order day for Snell.

I have to wonder how much Snell has cut into the premium ball market.  The conspiracy theorist part of my brain thinks market share might have played a role in this purchase.

I ordered 5 dozen to add to my horde room so I'm ready for next spring.  They will join all the ksig 3.2 that are stacked neatly in a corner awaiting their fate of being lost this winter.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

I have seen a few say the X is good in windy conditions? Why so? According to Snell website the X plays like the ProV1X which is now higher spinning/firmer feel. Wouldn't the Black/ProV1 with it's lower spin numbers play better into the wind? 

Am I not thinking of this logical? Less spin draw shot has better distance into the wind.... or I guess if you look at it like a QB throwing a long ball down field. The tighter the spiral the better ball. *Thinking out loud here*

Baseball Bat gen 2

Shovel (multi material)

Garden hoe (steel tip)

Rake

7 hours ago, Ty-Webb said:

I have seen a few say the X is good in windy conditions? Why so? According to Snell website the X plays like the ProV1X which is now higher spinning/firmer feel. Wouldn't the Black/ProV1 with it's lower spin numbers play better into the wind? 

Am I not thinking of this logical? Less spin draw shot has better distance into the wind.... or I guess if you look at it like a QB throwing a long ball down field. The tighter the spiral the better ball. *Thinking out loud here*

I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but they do seem to cut the wind better than the Black. I've tried to hit both balls many times into the wind, and the X seems to go about 5-10 yards further into the wind consistently.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

20 minutes ago, gioreeko said:

I'm not sure the reasoning behind it, but they do seem to cut the wind better than the Black. I've tried to hit both balls many times into the wind, and the X seems to go about 5-10 yards further into the wind consistently.

Have experienced the same, MTB-X seems to be a much better ball w/wind

• Like 1

Just got my order of yellow MTB-X, the color just pops in the fall and winter months. A question for Dean, are there any performance differences between the white and yellow balls? Are they painted yellow, or is the color mixed in somehow to the cover?

Maltby TSW sand wedge

2 hours ago, gioreeko said:

Just got my order of yellow MTB-X, the color just pops in the fall and winter months. A question for Dean, are there any performance differences between the white and yellow balls? Are they painted yellow, or is the color mixed in somehow to the cover?

To my knowledge, the only yellow urethane ball that is painted is the Maxfli Tour & Tour X (which may cause durability issues?), the rest have a dye mixed in with the cover.

• Like 1

Hope it doesn't effect Dean's business.  Only reason for TM to cut him out would be if they need to ramp up production and don't have room for Nassau to make other brands.  If that's not the case there's no reason why they wouldn't keep business as usual and get a little piece of Snells business in the form of manufacturing.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO