True Temper's new "AMT" Dynamic Gold iron shafts

pga43

Really glad to see this shaft keep winning. I really want to try them out and I'm hoping that if the keep winning true temper will move forward the release date. I've always loved the DG shafts but as a guy who plays his irons over standard length the weight in the upper end of the bag gets heavy. Also I like my irons MOI matched. These sound perfect to me.

True temper please hurry up and release these.

As has been mentioned here on this thread, it seems like the same results could be obtained by weight sorting a volume of shafts to get eight close to the same weight for that flex.

I had a local club builder do just that.....sorted out his volume DG purchase and bundle them into sets of 8. Seemed to work out a whisper better.

[quote name='Chad Hall' timestamp='1427666097' post='11241229']
Hey guys. That's two wins in consecutive weeks. Every switched last week and won. Walker switched this week and won. Neatest thing is that 5 of the 8 players that have switched were out of competitive shafts. There will no doubt be more good news to share next week.
[/quote]

Congratulations Chad!!!

Walker played great but I am sure that the shafts did not bother.

i have been out of DG for a while and might be back with this concept

Cobra AEROJET LS GD AD IZ 6
TM Stealth 15 Ventus Red 6

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Smoke Black
Cobra King Utility 4i MMT
Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-7i / ZX7 8-PW SteelFiber i95
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX6 56 /RTX6 60
Cobra King Vintage Stingray / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I like most grew up playing Dynamic Gold shafts. For the past 6 years I've played the KBS tour shafts (brief stint with c-taper), even though the mizuno shaft optimizer has the dg as my #1 option (followed by px 6.0 and c-taper). I'm very interested in giving these a try once they come out to see if they can unseat my KBS tours. Hopefully the success on tour continues.

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Epic Super Hybrid 20* Ventus HB 8

Srixon ZX MKII Utility 23* Recoil Dart 90

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Edel SMS 56* V Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
LAB Mezz 

Sounds like the black gold shafts from a a few years ago. I loved those. they were the best shafts ever. These just are stepped and dont have the weird color.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Hey everyone. Just want to clear up any confusion. The original Rifle as well as Black Gold were DESCENDING weight shafts...meaning that the 3-iron was the heaviest shaft in the set and progressively got lighter as you moved into the short irons. It's actually the complete opposite of this technology.

And yes, Ping does have a shaft called AWT. Very different profile and weight progression throughout the set. Excellent shaft...just very different.

[quote name='Chad Hall' timestamp='1427739766' post='11246479']
Hey everyone. Just want to clear up any confusion. The original Rifle as well as Black Gold were DESCENDING weight shafts...meaning that the 3-iron was the heaviest shaft in the set and progressively got lighter as you moved into the short irons. It's actually the complete opposite of this technology.

And yes, Ping does have a shaft called AWT. Very different profile and weight progression throughout the set. Excellent shaft...just very different.
[/quote]

You are correct, sorry for my confusion. I still say that the black golds were my fav though. i wish I could find some taper tip x flex shafts.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I moved away from True Temper Dynamic Golds about 6 or 7 years ago. My problem was with the long irons, just felt that I couldn't get after them as much as I wanted to. That changed after I changed and haven't really looked back but these shafts sound very, very interesting.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

[quote name='MattyO1984' timestamp='1427752475' post='11247889']
I moved away from True Temper Dynamic Golds about 6 or 7 years ago. My problem was with the long irons, just felt that I couldn't get after them as much as I wanted to. That changed after I changed and haven't really looked back but these shafts sound very, very interesting.
[/quote]

what did you move to if I may ask?

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Chad .. Pls compare to the tour concept shafts ...

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

[/quote]

For someone as consistent as Jimmy these shafts must be the real deal for him to even contemplate a switch.

I moved to KBS because I couldn't get my S400's in the air in the long irons, but these sound amazing...WRX cult classic brewing slowly but surely...

I have to admit, it's pretty cool having someone from True Temper in the thread giving us all this info. I desperately need these shafts!!

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Golf Channel just had a little segment on the past two PGA tour winners and the shaft they used to win.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1427772399' post='11250473']
Golf Channel just had a little segment on the past two PGA tour winners and the shaft they used to win.
[/quote]
Yeah, I just watched the replay this morning. Tripp on Golf Central did a small piece on the shaft that Matt and Jimmy were using. I think these shafts are going to be the Adila Rogue of the iron world. Which means I won't have them for a while as these will probably be vastly over-priced at the beginning and I won't pay overboard just to have them. Great shaft, great technology and they will be super hot. I'm just not rich enough when they start to become available.

D - Ping G430 LST 9, PX LE HZRDUS Black Gen 4 60 6.5TX
3W - Ping G410 14.5 (set to 15.5F), PX SB HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5TX

7W - Ping G410 20.5 (set to 19.5F), PX SB HZRDUS Smoke Green 80 6.5TX

4H - Titleist TS3 25 (set to C1), PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 85  6.5

5I - PW - Titleist '19 T100, Project X 6.0 Flighted
GW, SW, LW - Vokey SM8 50F, 56S (bent to 55), 60L, DG TI S400/S200

P - Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5
B - Titleist AVX

[quote name='QuigleyDU' timestamp='1427753794' post='11248013']
[/quote]

what did you move to if I may ask?
[/quote]

I went to Project X first and then moved to KBS Tours last year :)

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

[quote name='rybo' timestamp='1427804367' post='11251613']
Did the idea for a set of ascending weight shafts come from one of the industry Q&A sessions on here?
[/quote]

I'm sure it was a natural progression. Makes sense when your shafts get progressively heavier from driver to fairways then hybrids to irons and finally to wedges. Most pros have been doing this for ages. 60-70g in driver, 80-90g in fairways, 90-100g in hybrids and now the AMT takes it a step further with each individual iron in a classic profile that is the most played shaft on Tour.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Dtown,

There was a specific conversation about a set of ascending weight taper tip shafts. There was a reply in the form of a question to the effect 'You'd be interested in a set of ascending weight taper tip shafts?'. Seems to remember it being with TT but could have been KBS. I gave it quick search but did not locate it.

[/quote]

+1. Switched from s300 to KBS Tour and haven't looked back. Now, I'm looking forward to the AMT.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1427808380' post='11251945']
Did the idea for a set of ascending weight shafts come from one of the industry Q&A sessions on here?
[/quote]

I'm sure it was a natural progression. Makes sense when your shafts get progressively heavier from driver to fairways then hybrids to irons and finally to wedges. Most pros have been doing this for ages. 60-70g in driver, 80-90g in fairways, 90-100g in hybrids and now the AMT takes it a step further with each individual iron in a classic profile that is the most played shaft on Tour.
[/quote]

I wonder if they will produce a slightly light version down the road for those of us that do a 65 Driver, 75 FW, 85 Hy

[quote name='QuigleyDU' timestamp='1427743924' post='11247031']

[/quote]

You are correct, sorry for my confusion. I still say that the black golds were my fav though. i wish I could find some taper tip x flex shafts.
[/quote]

Black Gold was an amazing shaft wasn't it? One of my all-time favorites. On a side note...do you think we should consider bringing it back at some point?

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1427762345' post='11249047']
[/quote]

Certainly. Tour Concept was a constant weight shaft (just like Dynamic Gold...all shafts in the set weigh the same). They were around 125 grams. They were designed with a "flighted" type of progression. Long irons specifically designed to hit it higher...short irons more controlled/flat. We've had several other popular designs over the years that were built off of this philosophy...Monaco and DG Pro being two of them. What sets Dynamic Gold AMT apart is that the stiffness profile is the same throughout the entire set...Dynamic Gold performance. The key is the 3-gram weight increase between shafts from long irons to short irons. Allows the players to more easily launch the long irons because of speed creation, but still maintains that signature Dynamic Gold DNA.

[/quote]

The ascending weight concept is actually not new territory for us. Many of you may remember a shaft called Tri Gold from back in the late 90's. That shaft was also ascending weight. However, it was too soft in the long irons and very stiff in the short irons. With the new AMT, we've taken everything we learned from previous projects and combined it with all that has made Dynamic Gold so popular for so long. The results have been pretty overwhelming over the past several weeks.

[quote name='Chad Hall' timestamp='1427813891' post='11252603']
[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1427762345' post='11249047']
[/quote]

Certainly. Tour Concept was a constant weight shaft (just like Dynamic Gold...all shafts in the set weigh the same). They were around 125 grams. They were designed with a "flighted" type of progression. Long irons specifically designed to hit it higher...short irons more controlled/flat. We've had several other popular designs over the years that were built off of this philosophy...Monaco and DG Pro being two of them. What sets Dynamic Gold AMT apart is that the stiffness profile is the same throughout the entire set...Dynamic Gold performance. The key is the 3-gram weight increase between shafts from long irons to short irons. Allows the players to more easily launch the long irons because of speed creation, but still maintains that signature Dynamic Gold DNA.
[/quote]

Tour Concept never really took off on the PGA Tour. Sure a few guys played it (I remember Stewart Cink being one of them) but they never really were adopted. Why do you think that was?

It sounds like DG AMT is not flighted at all, but the additional launch comes from simply having a lighter shaft. My guess is this is preferred by pros since all shafts in the set will feel the same. I remember guys like Mike Weir playing X100 in the mid/short irons and S300/400 in the 3-4 long irons back in the day. My bet is this is a similar concept.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Chad,
What would be the difference in someone playing S200/S300/S400 in long/mid/short irons vs. the AMT shafts? Could you essentially create them using those 3 different weights with similar profiles?

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

[quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1427819242' post='11253269']
Chad,
What would be the difference in someone playing S200/S300/S400 in long/mid/short irons vs. the AMT shafts? Could you essentially create them using those 3 different weights with similar profiles?
[/quote]

That is what I was thinking.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x