2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @grm24 said:

> > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> >

> > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

>

> Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

I can't attest to the above, but he did say we wouldn't see the ball again after the 1st or 2nd release and we did in fact see the ball again, then again, then again, etc..... Snell is most likely a fine gentleman, but he does have a vested interest in one side of this story, so I can see why people would be skeptical of his motives.

• Like 1

> @OrangeGravy said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > >

> > > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

> >

> > Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

>

> I can't attest to the above, but he did say we wouldn't see the ball again after the 1st or 2nd release and we did in fact see the ball again, then again, then again, etc..... Snell is most likely a fine gentleman, but he does have a vested interest in one side of this story, so I can see why people would be skeptical of his motives.

Your post is admirabile but it's not worth anything as it doesn't actually address what @PuttCurseRepeat claims about Dean Snell and DP4.

Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

• Like 2

> @soregongolfer said:

> Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

> @jpdx said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

>

> It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

> @dwboston said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

> >

> > It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

>

> Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

Exactly. Dean’s comment was implying that Nassau would no longer produce any more of these balls for Costco. The theory that Costco was stashing and releasing their existing inventory in batches is a likely possibility that Dean would have no knowledge of (this has happened with other product in the past).

Also people implying that Dean is bad mouthing a competitor in order to help his own business is ridiculous. If that were the motivation, Costco would not be his first target...

> @grm24 said:

> > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> >

> > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

>

> Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

> @grm24 said:

> >

>

Anyone following this thread closely, like I have since its inception, knows what I said is true. Snell went on record in either this thread, his ball thread, or both threads and stated as fact, that we will no longer see the 4pc k-sig. Subsequently, DP4 advised that we would see another release of the ball, and he may have even done so with a time frame in which to expect them. Lo and behold, the k-sig was released as DP4 had informed us it would be. Not a good look, for a golf ball guru to be scooped by a weekend hacker. Furthermore, Snell's assumptions of Costco's abilities and limitations on the business side of the equation seemed short-sighted or misinformed.

How much of what Snell has implied about the ball, besides things already known or first proven by others, has been proven true?

> @storm319 said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > Not sure if anyone had posted this test yet, some good info. Interesting to see how the Pearl Pro X (which seems to be the OG Kirkland 4 piece) did. Really good numbers. Like I said, great ball at any price. Longer across the average of all swing speeds than both the ProV1 and ProV1 x. The dispersion of the Srixon Z star at 115 swing speed is staggeringly bad, like 25 yards. Weird, they're a "golf" company.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks for sharing that video. That video kicks M G S right in the nuts. I love when he says "you might have heard that soft is slow..." Great job by the guys at Today. I love their info and visit them all the time. I will say this: for the average club golfer paying for the Pro V1 series makes little sense. For a tour pro or high level am who needs the highest accuracy, you cannot beat the Titleist.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Right? For a tournament or something, I'd use a ProV1, but makes no sense to spend that much with something that you're bound to lose at some point in the near future.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > > >

> > > > > His reference to the numerous tour only versions of the TP Red LDP was brought up due to another poster’s accolades.

> > > >

> > > > Don't know what you are referencing, but gm24 suggested yesterday the KSIG was the TP Red LDP based on Snell's hint. I said it was not and shown that two years ago. Snell responded asking how I came to that conclusion. I explained how and he mentioned that there were also tour only versions made...why would he mention that if it had no connection to KSIG? When I explained that the core size and mantle widths were different why not let it end there? Also, he did not bring up tour versions of the TP Red LDP based upon accolades...he brought it up to me in response to my mentioning the KSIG is not TP Red LDP.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Confirmation or dispelling of what the KSig actually is would only be credible coming from Dean.

> > So my dismantling both balls and demonstrating that the three inside layers (2 mantles and one core) are each mfg to different sizes would not be credible? Silly remark...

> >

>

> How many did you cut open and measure of each? One isn’t going to be enough for a definitive answer.

>

> I’m not trying to argue that the is any relation, just making sure that people aren’t jumping to the wrong conclusion and posting misinformation with someone else’s name attached.

Post #14447 on page 482 shows both 4-piece balls cut open. Clearly they are different. Additionally the new ball is has 338 dimples vs 360 for the original. I used to play the old TM Red ball and recall it having a noticeable seam. The new Kirkland is truly seamless. Wasn't the old TM Red a 3-piece ball? I can't remember.

> @cristphoto said:

> > @storm319 said:

> > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > > Not sure if anyone had posted this test yet, some good info. Interesting to see how the Pearl Pro X (which seems to be the OG Kirkland 4 piece) did. Really good numbers. Like I said, great ball at any price. Longer across the average of all swing speeds than both the ProV1 and ProV1 x. The dispersion of the Srixon Z star at 115 swing speed is staggeringly bad, like 25 yards. Weird, they're a "golf" company.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks for sharing that video. That video kicks M G S right in the nuts. I love when he says "you might have heard that soft is slow..." Great job by the guys at Today. I love their info and visit them all the time. I will say this: for the average club golfer paying for the Pro V1 series makes little sense. For a tour pro or high level am who needs the highest accuracy, you cannot beat the Titleist.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right? For a tournament or something, I'd use a ProV1, but makes no sense to spend that much with something that you're bound to lose at some point in the near future.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > His reference to the numerous tour only versions of the TP Red LDP was brought up due to another poster’s accolades.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't know what you are referencing, but gm24 suggested yesterday the KSIG was the TP Red LDP based on Snell's hint. I said it was not and shown that two years ago. Snell responded asking how I came to that conclusion. I explained how and he mentioned that there were also tour only versions made...why would he mention that if it had no connection to KSIG? When I explained that the core size and mantle widths were different why not let it end there? Also, he did not bring up tour versions of the TP Red LDP based upon accolades...he brought it up to me in response to my mentioning the KSIG is not TP Red LDP.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Confirmation or dispelling of what the KSig actually is would only be credible coming from Dean.

> > > So my dismantling both balls and demonstrating that the three inside layers (2 mantles and one core) are each mfg to different sizes would not be credible? Silly remark...

> > >

> >

> > How many did you cut open and measure of each? One isn’t going to be enough for a definitive answer.

> >

> > I’m not trying to argue that the is any relation, just making sure that people aren’t jumping to the wrong conclusion and posting misinformation with someone else’s name attached.

>

> Post #14447 on page 482 shows both 4-piece balls cut open. Clearly they are different. Additionally the new ball is has 338 dimples vs 360 for the original. I used to play the old TM Red ball and recall it having a noticeable seam. The new Kirkland is truly seamless. **Wasn't the old TM Red a 3-piece ball? I can't remember.

No. The LDP red was a 4 piece ball.

> @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > >

> > > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

> >

> > Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

>

> > @grm24 said:

> > >

> >

>

> Anyone following this thread closely, like I have since its inception, knows what I said is true. Snell went on record in either this thread, his ball thread, or both threads and stated as fact, that we will no longer see the 4pc k-sig. Subsequently, DP4 advised that we would see another release of the ball, and he may have even done so with a time frame in which to expect them. Lo and behold, the k-sig was released as DP4 had informed us it would be. Not a good look, for a golf ball guru to be scooped by a weekend hacker. Furthermore, Snell's assumptions of Costco's abilities and limitations on the business side of the equation seemed short-sighted or misinformed.

>

> How much of what Snell has implied about the ball, besides things already known or first proven by others, has been proven true?

So DP4 stating that there would be another release of the K-Sig is proof that he had more information about the actual ball than Dean Snell? That's rich.

> @cristphoto said:

> > @storm319 said:

> > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > > Not sure if anyone had posted this test yet, some good info. Interesting to see how the Pearl Pro X (which seems to be the OG Kirkland 4 piece) did. Really good numbers. Like I said, great ball at any price. Longer across the average of all swing speeds than both the ProV1 and ProV1 x. The dispersion of the Srixon Z star at 115 swing speed is staggeringly bad, like 25 yards. Weird, they're a "golf" company.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks for sharing that video. That video kicks M G S right in the nuts. I love when he says "you might have heard that soft is slow..." Great job by the guys at Today. I love their info and visit them all the time. I will say this: for the average club golfer paying for the Pro V1 series makes little sense. For a tour pro or high level am who needs the highest accuracy, you cannot beat the Titleist.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Right? For a tournament or something, I'd use a ProV1, but makes no sense to spend that much with something that you're bound to lose at some point in the near future.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > His reference to the numerous tour only versions of the TP Red LDP was brought up due to another poster’s accolades.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don't know what you are referencing, but gm24 suggested yesterday the KSIG was the TP Red LDP based on Snell's hint. I said it was not and shown that two years ago. Snell responded asking how I came to that conclusion. I explained how and he mentioned that there were also tour only versions made...why would he mention that if it had no connection to KSIG? When I explained that the core size and mantle widths were different why not let it end there? Also, he did not bring up tour versions of the TP Red LDP based upon accolades...he brought it up to me in response to my mentioning the KSIG is not TP Red LDP.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Confirmation or dispelling of what the KSig actually is would only be credible coming from Dean.

> > > So my dismantling both balls and demonstrating that the three inside layers (2 mantles and one core) are each mfg to different sizes would not be credible? Silly remark...

> > >

> >

> > How many did you cut open and measure of each? One isn’t going to be enough for a definitive answer.

> >

> > I’m not trying to argue that the is any relation, just making sure that people aren’t jumping to the wrong conclusion and posting misinformation with someone else’s name attached.

>

> Post #14447 on page 482 shows both 4-piece balls cut open. Clearly they are different. Additionally the new ball is has 338 dimples vs 360 for the original. I used to play the old TM Red ball and recall it having a noticeable seam. The new Kirkland is truly seamless. Wasn't the old TM Red a 3-piece ball? I can't remember.

This exchange was in relation to the original KSig which was produced by Nassau the same factory that produces cores and mantles for TaylorMade. No matter what the balls would never be 100% identical because TaylorMade makes their own urethane covers.

The original 2006 TP Red was a 3-piece. The 2008 TP Red LDP was a 4-piece and the ball that had the massive cult following.

So much pointless bickering in this thread.....it seems like there's about 5 of us who are actually playing the ball

• Like 1

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

> @dwboston said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

> >

> > It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

>

> Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

am I reading correctly that you think Costco intentionally held back balls to put out online at random-ish times and random store openings until they ran out just because? as if they knew they were going to be selling out each batch right?

flipside - prove there was only one production run?

> @jpdx said:

> > @dwboston said:

> > > @jpdx said:

> > > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

> > >

> > > It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

> >

> > Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

>

> am I reading correctly that you think Costco intentionally held back balls to put out online at random-ish times and random store openings until they ran out just because? as if they knew they were going to be selling out each batch right?

>

> flipside - prove there was only one production run?

>

Well sure. Don't most companies delay selling items that are selling like hotcakes just because they like seeing their warehouse space taken up? I think what really happened is Costco hired Harry Potter to conjur up balls whenever they needed to make some sales. Then they ditched Harry when he wanted a 25 cent an hour raise and went to China. Damn corporate America.

I listened to Dean Snell's podcast. He spoke as a typical CEO with continued alliances to both Titleist and Taylormade. To me, he even came across with a bit of arrogance. When asked the most important question of what is the minimum cost a consumer would have to pay to purchase a top tier ball he put on his dancing shoes. He turned that question into a joke. I wish M G S guys would not had let him off the hook on that question which they did. The business world is a doggie dog world...I will never buy a golf ball from his company. JMO...

• Like 2

> @grm24 said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > >

> > > > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

> > >

> > > Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

> >

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > >

> > > > I wouldn't put much stock in what Dean Snell has to say about the K-Sig. Historically, our forum member, DavePelz4 has been a better, more accurate source for information. That's not an exaggeration.

> > >

> > > Care to prove your above statement with facts? If you or anybody else for that matter makes a statement like that you need to back it up with proof. Please share that proof with the rest of WRX showing where Dean is wrong and DP4 is correct.

> >

> > Anyone following this thread closely, like I have since its inception, knows what I said is true. Snell went on record in either this thread, his ball thread, or both threads and stated as fact, that we will no longer see the 4pc k-sig. Subsequently, DP4 advised that we would see another release of the ball, and he may have even done so with a time frame in which to expect them. Lo and behold, the k-sig was released as DP4 had informed us it would be. Not a good look, for a golf ball guru to be scooped by a weekend hacker. Furthermore, Snell's assumptions of Costco's abilities and limitations on the business side of the equation seemed short-sighted or misinformed.

> >

> > How much of what Snell has implied about the ball, besides things already known or first proven by others, has been proven true?

>

> So DP4 stating that there would be another release of the K-Sig is proof that he had more information about the actual ball than Dean Snell? That's rich.

Well, regarding ongoing releases of the ball, yes, DP4 had more information. Either that, or Snell had that information and was being purposely deceptive. What I didn't say was that any of us know more about golf balls than Dean Snell, so no reason to put words in my mouth. We are discussing the K-sig - stay on the topic.

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @jpdx said:

> > > @dwboston said:

> > > > @jpdx said:

> > > > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > > > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

> > > >

> > > > It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

> > >

> > > Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

> >

> > am I reading correctly that you think Costco intentionally held back balls to put out online at random-ish times and random store openings until they ran out just because? as if they knew they were going to be selling out each batch right?

> >

> > flipside - prove there was only one production run?

> >

>

> Well sure. Don't most companies delay selling items that are selling like hotcakes just because they like seeing their warehouse space taken up? I think what really happened is Costco hired Harry Potter to conjur up balls whenever they needed to make some sales. Then they ditched Harry when he wanted a 25 cent an hour raise and went to China. **** corporate America.

If their goal was to sell their stock of a particular product as fast as possible, they wouldn’t place quantity limits on how much a single membership can purchase. The reality is that Costco's average retail margins across the board are extremely low compared to the industry benchmark.

The primary goal of the subscription based business model (which Costco follows) is membership adoption and renewal. The purpose of the Kirkland brand is to keep that renewal rate as high as possible (currently 90% annually).

Limiting quantities and sporadic reinstatement of popular items keeps people coming back and at times can be the reason a membership gets renewed.

I played the same KP1 today that already had 18 holes. Durability fine... hit one 343on my 2nd hole couple yards short of the green! Then finally put it in the drink lol on like the 4th hole. Played the rest of the round with a 2019 prov1 and didn’t notice any difference from playing the kp1 ...

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

> @vietnameeh said:

> I played the same KP1 today that already had 18 holes. Durability fine... hit one 343on my 2nd hole couple yards short of the green! Then finally put it in the drink lol on like the 4th hole. Played the rest of the round with a 2019 prov1 and didn’t notice any difference from playing the kp1 ...

So happy with this ball so far. Hope they figure out what happened with some balls and re release them, I'll buy at least 10 dozen more.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @tennistim777 said:

> I listened to Dean Snell's podcast. He spoke as a typical CEO with continued alliances to both Titleist and Taylormade. To me, he even came across with a bit of arrogance. When asked the most important question of what is the minimum cost a consumer would have to pay to purchase a top tier ball he put on his dancing shoes. He turned that question into a joke. I wish M G S guys would not had let him off the hook on that question which they did. The business world is a **doggie dog world**...I will never buy a golf ball from his company. JMO...

I agree with this post.

Also, the saying is "dog eat dog."

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @storm319 said:

> > @cristphoto said:

> > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > @storm319 said:

> > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Not sure if anyone had posted this test yet, some good info. Interesting to see how the Pearl Pro X (which seems to be the OG Kirkland 4 piece) did. Really good numbers. Like I said, great ball at any price. Longer across the average of all swing speeds than both the ProV1 and ProV1 x. The dispersion of the Srixon Z star at 115 swing speed is staggeringly bad, like 25 yards. Weird, they're a "golf" company.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thanks for sharing that video. That video kicks M G S right in the nuts. I love when he says "you might have heard that soft is slow..." Great job by the guys at Today. I love their info and visit them all the time. I will say this: for the average club golfer paying for the Pro V1 series makes little sense. For a tour pro or high level am who needs the highest accuracy, you cannot beat the Titleist.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right? For a tournament or something, I'd use a ProV1, but makes no sense to spend that much with something that you're bound to lose at some point in the near future.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I would go with the X, but agreed otherwise. BTW, I played a few holes with K1 today and still no cuts while performing very good. Dean Snell seemed to imply the orig KSIG might be a tour only version of TP Red LDP.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > His reference to the numerous tour only versions of the TP Red LDP was brought up due to another poster’s accolades.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Don't know what you are referencing, but gm24 suggested yesterday the KSIG was the TP Red LDP based on Snell's hint. I said it was not and shown that two years ago. Snell responded asking how I came to that conclusion. I explained how and he mentioned that there were also tour only versions made...why would he mention that if it had no connection to KSIG? When I explained that the core size and mantle widths were different why not let it end there? Also, he did not bring up tour versions of the TP Red LDP based upon accolades...he brought it up to me in response to my mentioning the KSIG is not TP Red LDP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Confirmation or dispelling of what the KSig actually is would only be credible coming from Dean.

> > > > So my dismantling both balls and demonstrating that the three inside layers (2 mantles and one core) are each mfg to different sizes would not be credible? Silly remark...

> > > >

> > >

> > > How many did you cut open and measure of each? One isn’t going to be enough for a definitive answer.

> > >

> > > I’m not trying to argue that the is any relation, just making sure that people aren’t jumping to the wrong conclusion and posting misinformation with someone else’s name attached.

> >

> > Post #14447 on page 482 shows both 4-piece balls cut open. Clearly they are different. Additionally the new ball is has 338 dimples vs 360 for the original. I used to play the old TM Red ball and recall it having a noticeable seam. The new Kirkland is truly seamless. Wasn't the old TM Red a 3-piece ball? I can't remember.

>

> This exchange was in relation to the original KSig which was produced by Nassau the same factory that produces cores and mantles for TaylorMade. No matter what the balls would never be 100% identical because TaylorMade makes their own urethane covers.

>

> The original 2006 TP Red was a 3-piece. The 2008 TP Red LDP was a 4-piece and the ball that had the massive cult following.

Thanks for clarifying. I recall back then Taylor Made was flip flopping design and characteristics between the Red and Black.

> @storm319 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> > > @jpdx said:

> > > > @dwboston said:

> > > > > @jpdx said:

> > > > > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > > > > Bah. It's somewhere back in this thread, but if I remember correctly Dean tried to convince us that the overrun cores rumor was true or something similar and we wouldn't see the ball again. However, we did see the ball on a few different occasions after Dean's proclamation. At the time, I took some heat for stating we shouldn't take Dean seriously on this subject because he is a competitor. I stand by that statement. If you want a Corvette, the last place you would seek information about the Corvette is your local Ford dealership. Same goes here.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s was about them 3rd or 4th release that showed up in stores and dean ghosted this thread ever since iirc.

> > > >

> > > > Was it ever proven that there were multiple runs/releases of the original K-Sig, vs. one production run that Costco just doled out over time until they ran out?

> > >

> > > am I reading correctly that you think Costco intentionally held back balls to put out online at random-ish times and random store openings until they ran out just because? as if they knew they were going to be selling out each batch right?

> > >

> > > flipside - prove there was only one production run?

> > >

> >

> > Well sure. Don't most companies delay selling items that are selling like hotcakes just because they like seeing their warehouse space taken up? I think what really happened is Costco hired Harry Potter to conjur up balls whenever they needed to make some sales. Then they ditched Harry when he wanted a 25 cent an hour raise and went to China. **** corporate America.

>

> If their goal was to sell their stock of a particular product as fast as possible, they wouldn’t place quantity limits on how much a single membership can purchase. The reality is that Costco's average retail margins across the board are extremely low compared to the industry benchmark.

>

> The primary goal of the subscription based business model (which Costco follows) is membership adoption and renewal. The purpose of the Kirkland brand is to keep that renewal rate as high as possible (currently 90% annually).

>

> Limiting quantities and sporadic reinstatement of popular items keeps people coming back and at times can be the reason a membership gets renewed.

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but no company sits on a product that is selling so well. The fact that Pearl Golf is now selling the OG Kirkland says it all. It wasn't some zombie ball that Nassau put together with cores from one company and mantles/covers from another. Dean Snell made a comment and that comment continues to be wrong to this day.

• Like 1

Played the new 4 piece on Saturday on the back 9 after playing the old 4 piece on the front. It was a very windy here and great conditions for further testing. The durability of the new ball was wonderful. Absent a touch of yellow on the ball where it firmly kissed a tree, you wouldn't have known it was played. The ball performed every bit as well as the original but this might be my favorite short game ball ever. The feel off the putter as well as chips/pitches is outstanding and unlike the original, you know how far it's going to roll out. Considering my first experience wasn't the best with the new ball, I'll definitely put it back into the rotation for the next few rounds.

• Like 1

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Played the new 4 piece on Saturday on the back 9 after playing the old 4 piece on the front. It was a very windy here and great conditions for further testing. The durability of the new ball was wonderful. Absent a touch of yellow on the ball where it firmly kissed a tree, you wouldn't have known it was played. The ball performed every bit as well as the original but this might be my favorite short game ball ever. The feel off the putter as well as chips/pitches is outstanding and unlike the original, you know how far it's going to roll out. Considering my first experience wasn't the best with the new ball, I'll definitely put it back into the rotation for the next few rounds.

I need a few more rounds to get used to the distance on pitches, but right now, after 2 rounds, I just go right at the pin, and it hops and stops. Durability has been great, and distance off the driver has been pretty huge, but I'm not 100 percent yet, but hit one (wind aided) about 320. Really liking the new ball for sure. Thanks for posting an actual review, seems to not happen much in this forum lately.

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Played the new 4 piece on Saturday on the back 9 after playing the old 4 piece on the front. It was a very windy here and great conditions for further testing. The durability of the new ball was wonderful. Absent a touch of yellow on the ball where it firmly kissed a tree, you wouldn't have known it was played. The ball performed every bit as well as the original but this might be my favorite short game ball ever. The feel off the putter as well as chips/pitches is outstanding and unlike the original, you know how far it's going to roll out. Considering my first experience wasn't the best with the new ball, I'll definitely put it back into the rotation for the next few rounds.

I'm happy to read this. I still have a healthy stash of the original KSigs plus I bought 16 dz from GolfBallsDirect when they had a sale on AAAA ones for $6 dz that pretty much look brand new. I'm set for a long time, but I would like to save some of the OG double dozens just because. If the new 4 piece balls are as good as the originals I'll likely be even a bigger hoarder.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Just a heads up in case any of you are looking to try or restock the original KSig 4 piece balls. www.Golfballsdirect.com has them on sale right now. I typically get the 4A as they are as good as most other sites 5A ones. I just ordered 8 dz today @ $5.91 a dz (5A are $8.16 dz) Shipping was $9 but its free is you spend $75. With all the taxes the total was $60 which is a pretty good deal for 96 balls. I typically end up giving a lot of these balls away to guys who have never tried them and a $.60 a ball its not a big deal.

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> Just a heads up in case any of you are looking to try or restock the original KSig 4 piece balls. www.Golfballsdirect.com has them on sale right now. I typically get the 4A as they are as good as most other sites 5A ones. I just ordered 8 dz today @ $5.91 a dz (5A are $8.16 dz) Shipping was $9 but its free is you spend $75. With all the taxes the total was $60 which is a pretty good deal for 96 balls. I typically end up giving a lot of these balls away to guys who have never tried them and a $.60 a ball its not a big deal.

any chance you can post a pic of the OG 4 piece recycled ball? Do they look pretty new, or a little scuffed?

Maltby TSW sand wedge

These are the 4A balls, which according to their rating scale could have scuffs. Of the 16 dz I got maybe 8 - 10 balls had very small scuffs. The ball in the middle has one but it’s difficult to see. More likely you’ll get players marks which don’t bother me. If they are distracting you can always clean them off. If you get 5A they will be indistinguishable from new.

humllwlyh4l9.jpeg

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> These are the 4A balls, which according to their rating scale could have scuffs. Of the 16 dz I got maybe 8 - 10 balls had very small scuffs. The ball in the middle has one but it’s difficult to see. More likely you’ll get players marks which don’t bother me. If they are distracting you can always clean them off. If you get 5A they will be indistinguishable from new.

>

> humllwlyh4l9.jpeg

>

>

>

those don't look too bad, especially for the price. Thanks!

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @soregongolfer said:

> You can tell yourself whatever you want, but no company sits on a product that is selling so well.

You cannot compare a subscription based business model to a conventional retail business model.

> @soregongolfer said:

> The fact that Pearl Golf is now selling the OG Kirkland says it all.

Pearl pages for the made in Korea balls (which points to Nassau as the factory of origin) were down within days of the comparison pic to the OG KSig dropping. I imagine that the reason for the disappearance is the same as to why Nassau is no longer making the OG KSig for Costco.

p87vyjd61svr.png

> @soregongolfer said:

> Dean Snell made a comment and **that comment continues to be wrong to this day**.

Last time I checked the OG KSig is not available to purchase from Costco today (and hasn't been for over a year), so I guess as of today he is not wrong?

Attacking/piling on any site sponsor / OEM / industry insider that properly discloses and regularly contributes to the forums only hurts our community (excluding any proven shilling practices). This only deters future engagement and could potentially ruin a relationship between GolfWRX and a major OEM.

Now, lets get back to feedback from those who purchased the KP1 and speculation about what is coming next :)