Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

> @bladehunter said:

> > @DavePelz4 said:

> > I've often wondered why Costco only sells pumpkins and Halloween decorations in October and why they don't sell them year round. Same with Christmas trees, Poinsettias, holiday wrapping paper and 4 ton floor jacks. Will need to send them an email to understand these mysteries!

>

> Lol. You know I enjoy and share your sense of humor mr Pelz. The more sarcastic and outlandish the better !

>

> That being said. Is there a golfball holiday I’m unaware of ? I was under the idea that they’d sell all year long !?

Ah we're both warped individuals Sir.

This is an excellent idea though. National Golf Ball Day. Nice ring to it. Fits well with National Hug a Plumber Day (April 25), Shower with a Friend Day (Feb 5...but make sure to choose the right friend) or Multiple Personality Day (March 5...although shouldn't there be several days for that?). I'm decreeing by the powers vested in me by...uh...me...that the first Saturday of Spring shall forever be National Golf Ball Day.

Now back to the discussion...the ball was a flyer for Costco. They never thought there'd be interest or that a cult following would develop. Back when my Costco Marketing friend would talk to me she shared they knew nothing of this site before hand, never thought any one product could crash their servers which the ball did, several times and GolfWRX became a daily must read in the hard goods purchasing group. Costco does pull products sadly, such as the Ribeye Caps which are another cult classic.

• Like 1

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > I've often wondered why Costco only sells pumpkins and Halloween decorations in October and why they don't sell them year round. Same with Christmas trees, Poinsettias, holiday wrapping paper and 4 ton floor jacks. Will need to send them an email to understand these mysteries!

> >

> > Lol. You know I enjoy and share your sense of humor mr Pelz. The more sarcastic and outlandish the better !

> >

> > That being said. Is there a golfball holiday I’m unaware of ? I was under the idea that they’d sell all year long !?

>

> Ah we're both warped individuals Sir.

>

> This is an excellent idea though. National Golf Ball Day. Nice ring to it. Fits well with National Hug a Plumber Day (April 25), Shower with a Friend Day (Feb 5...but make sure to choose the right friend) or Multiple Personality Day (March 5...although shouldn't there be several days for that?). I'm decreeing by the powers vested in me by...uh...me...that the first Saturday of Spring shall forever be National Golf Ball Day.

>

> Now back to the discussion...the ball was a flyer for Costco. They never thought there'd be interest or that a cult following would develop. Back when my Costco Marketing friend would talk to me she shared they knew nothing of this site before hand, never thought any one product could crash their servers which the ball did, several times and GolfWRX became a daily must read in the hard goods purchasing group. Costco does pull products sadly, such as the Ribeye Caps which are another cult classic.

I'm not sure where you live, but my local Costco had Ribeye caps as recently as last month; I know, because I bought about 20lbs. :D

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > I've often wondered why Costco only sells pumpkins and Halloween decorations in October and why they don't sell them year round. Same with Christmas trees, Poinsettias, holiday wrapping paper and 4 ton floor jacks. Will need to send them an email to understand these mysteries!

> >

> > Lol. You know I enjoy and share your sense of humor mr Pelz. The more sarcastic and outlandish the better !

> >

> > That being said. Is there a golfball holiday I’m unaware of ? I was under the idea that they’d sell all year long !?

>

>

> This is an excellent idea though. National Golf Ball Day. Nice ring to it. Fits well with National Hug a Plumber Day (April 25), Shower with a Friend Day (Feb 5...but make sure to choose the right friend) or Multiple Personality Day (March 5...although shouldn't there be several days for that?). I'm decreeing by the powers vested in me by...uh...me...that the first Saturday of Spring shall forever be National Golf Ball Day.

>

> Now back to the discussion...the ball was a flyer for Costco. They never thought there'd be interest or that a cult following would develop. Back when my Costco Marketing friend would talk to me she shared they knew nothing of this site before hand, never thought any one product could crash their servers which the ball did, several times and GolfWRX became a daily must read in the hard goods purchasing group. Costco does pull products sadly, such as the Ribeye Caps which are another cult classic.

My ex wife has a friend who's husband is a big wig at Costco, I'll see if I can pry any info from him about the golf balls. (or the Scotty Kirkland putters or Kirkey wedges.)

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

I know Dean Snell is most at risk with an ascendant Costco 4-piece ball, but he comes off as extremely petty every time he mentions the k-sig. Now he's taking credit for the acclaimed 2016 version? Might be as cringey as when Costco released the ball two more times after Snell told everyone that we had seen the last of the ball.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Costco does pull products sadly, such as the Ribeye Caps which are another cult classic.

Wait...What?

I just bought some tasty Prime Ribeye Caps the other week. Are you saying they are discontinuing them? I guess I am a member of a cult because those steaks are without a doubt the best non-Wagyu beef available to the general public. They (thankfully) fly under most people's radar, but once you've had one cooked properly you'll forever compare all steaks to it.

If this is true I'll be crushed. I'm already bummed they stopped selling Polish Dogs at the food court.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

- > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> I know Dean Snell is most at risk with an ascendant Costco 4-piece ball, but he comes off as extremely petty every time he mentions the k-sig. Now he's taking credit for the acclaimed 2016 version? Might be as cringey as when Costco released the ball two more times after Snell told everyone that we had seen the last of the ball.

I agree...Wonder what he thinks about Pearl finding more of the "unused" cores...Anyway, I got my first "slit" today 1 1/2 holes into my round..Next ball went 16 1/2 holes without any problems...Once they get the cover issue addressed, these are going to be great balls to play...Outstanding off the tee and on the greens for me so far...

> @snagy2000 said:

> - > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > I know Dean Snell is most at risk with an ascendant Costco 4-piece ball, but he comes off as extremely petty every time he mentions the k-sig. Now he's taking credit for the acclaimed 2016 version? Might be as cringey as when Costco released the ball two more times after Snell told everyone that we had seen the last of the ball.

>

> I agree...Wonder what he thinks about Pearl finding more of the "unused" cores...Anyway, I got my first "slit" today 1 1/2 holes into my round..Next ball went 16 1/2 holes without any problems...Once they get the cover issue addressed, these are going to be great balls to play...Outstanding off the tee and on the greens for me so far...

I'm on my fifth ball without an issue so far, also finding them like you. Great distance off the tee, hit my first 300 plus yard drive of the year post surgery, and was working the ball left and right perfectly. Had a gorgeous 7 iron draw on a tee shot into the wind to about 2 feet away. The stopping power on my pitches is on point, just point and shoot right at the pin. If they make another batch, I'm hoarding.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> >

> >

>

>

>

See! I knew we could get along . Lol. Don’t ever change Mr Pelz. I’m serious when I say I thoroughly enjoy your sense of humor. It’s a much needed thing in today’s world. And sadly a very scarce thing.

• Like 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Man, I want some of those prime rib caps now (whatever a "cap" is.) I love Costco!

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

> @gioreeko said:

> My ex wife has a friend who's husband is a big wig at Costco, I'll see if I can pry any info from him about the golf balls. (or the Scotty Kirkland putters or Kirkey wedges.)

... I believe I read in my Costco magazine that 3% of Costco members are golfers. While golf forums seem to think 97% of Costco members buy Kirkland balls.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

> @bladehunter said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> > > @Nessism said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > Titleist has an extensive testing and qc process for their tour balls and I would imagine that when testing other competitors balls they put them thru similar tests. A ball made in Korea the first go around from overrun cores or whatever they were and now made in China from factories that are putting out numerous balls from several brands probably has nowhere near the same checks as titleist

> > > > >

> > > > > Your post is full of the typical supposition and guessing that pervades among the haters. We have no proof that the first Ksig was born out of "overrun cores" nor do we have any facts comparing "checks" performed at Titlest and Costco's ball manufacturer in China.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sure. But isn’t that the gripe? That zero facts of their process chain are known. It’s a ball with Kirkland on it that just appears. And then disappears. Can’t call out one side for lack of facts. Not when you can’t tell anyone how the first and subsequent balls came to be branded by Costco. Speculation is fair game for anyone until facts are known.

> > >

> > > Since when is it a manufacturers responsibility to tell their end users what their supply chain entails? Products come and go at Costco all the time, even some with the Kirkland brand hanging on them, so what happened shouldn't be too much of a surprise. It seems pretty clear, but speculation on my part, that demand spiked way beyond what Costco expected thus the fast sell out. Is there a problem, other than the haters demanding an explanation?

> >

> > I guess they're not Costco members, and don't really know of the ins and outs of their business model. Why they care is beyond me.

>

>

> That’s what we’re looking for. An answer as to why they produced a good ball , then it went away never to return?

>

> If you have a tutorial that pertains to Costco’s golf ball marketing plan , ball business model I’m all ears.

>

> But we don’t need to hear about the overall business model. We get that. “ make money on memberships , sell things that are cheap till they run out , $5 coke Hebrew national dogs that now are replaced with Kirkland dogs and soda “ ( cause that’s the same thing ?‍♂️). Preemptive apology for that snark. But we don’t need a rehash of that.

>

> It’s the golfball game that’s a mystery. If you have some insight there please do tell.

Why would you think you will get that answer here? There are probably 10 people at Costco who know what happened with that manufacturer. And they aren't likely to talk about it without a reason to.

It was probably an issue with the manufacturer from Costco's perspective. Either they cannot produce enough or wouldn't agree to Costco's pricing demands. Something like that.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > Titleist has an extensive testing and qc process for their tour balls and I would imagine that when testing other competitors balls they put them thru similar tests. A ball made in Korea the first go around from overrun cores or whatever they were and now made in China from factories that are putting out numerous balls from several brands probably has nowhere near the same checks as titleist

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your post is full of the typical supposition and guessing that pervades among the haters. We have no proof that the first Ksig was born out of "overrun cores" nor do we have any facts comparing "checks" performed at Titlest and Costco's ball manufacturer in China.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure. But isn’t that the gripe? That zero facts of their process chain are known. It’s a ball with Kirkland on it that just appears. And then disappears. Can’t call out one side for lack of facts. Not when you can’t tell anyone how the first and subsequent balls came to be branded by Costco. Speculation is fair game for anyone until facts are known.

> > > >

> > > > Since when is it a manufacturers responsibility to tell their end users what their supply chain entails? Products come and go at Costco all the time, even some with the Kirkland brand hanging on them, so what happened shouldn't be too much of a surprise. It seems pretty clear, but speculation on my part, that demand spiked way beyond what Costco expected thus the fast sell out. Is there a problem, other than the haters demanding an explanation?

> > >

> > > I guess they're not Costco members, and don't really know of the ins and outs of their business model. Why they care is beyond me.

> >

> >

> > That’s what we’re looking for. An answer as to why they produced a good ball , then it went away never to return?

> >

> > If you have a tutorial that pertains to Costco’s golf ball marketing plan , ball business model I’m all ears.

> >

> > But we don’t need to hear about the overall business model. We get that. “ make money on memberships , sell things that are cheap till they run out , $5 coke Hebrew national dogs that now are replaced with Kirkland dogs and soda “ ( cause that’s the same thing ?‍♂️). Preemptive apology for that snark. But we don’t need a rehash of that.

> >

> > It’s the golfball game that’s a mystery. If you have some insight there please do tell.

>

> Why would you think you will get that answer here? There are probably 10 people at Costco who know what happened with that manufacturer. And they aren't likely to talk about it without a reason to.

>

> It was probably an issue with the manufacturer from Costco's perspective. Either they cannot produce enough or wouldn't agree to Costco's pricing demands. Something like that.

I have a feeling that some other manufacturer was pissed they were undercutting their prices so much and threatened to pull their business, but that's just a guess.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > Titleist has an extensive testing and qc process for their tour balls and I would imagine that when testing other competitors balls they put them thru similar tests. A ball made in Korea the first go around from overrun cores or whatever they were and now made in China from factories that are putting out numerous balls from several brands probably has nowhere near the same checks as titleist

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your post is full of the typical supposition and guessing that pervades among the haters. We have no proof that the first Ksig was born out of "overrun cores" nor do we have any facts comparing "checks" performed at Titlest and Costco's ball manufacturer in China.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sure. But isn’t that the gripe? That zero facts of their process chain are known. It’s a ball with Kirkland on it that just appears. And then disappears. Can’t call out one side for lack of facts. Not when you can’t tell anyone how the first and subsequent balls came to be branded by Costco. Speculation is fair game for anyone until facts are known.

> > > >

> > > > Since when is it a manufacturers responsibility to tell their end users what their supply chain entails? Products come and go at Costco all the time, even some with the Kirkland brand hanging on them, so what happened shouldn't be too much of a surprise. It seems pretty clear, but speculation on my part, that demand spiked way beyond what Costco expected thus the fast sell out. Is there a problem, other than the haters demanding an explanation?

> > >

> > > I guess they're not Costco members, and don't really know of the ins and outs of their business model. Why they care is beyond me.

> >

> >

> > That’s what we’re looking for. An answer as to why they produced a good ball , then it went away never to return?

> >

> > If you have a tutorial that pertains to Costco’s golf ball marketing plan , ball business model I’m all ears.

> >

> > But we don’t need to hear about the overall business model. We get that. “ make money on memberships , sell things that are cheap till they run out , $5 coke Hebrew national dogs that now are replaced with Kirkland dogs and soda “ ( cause that’s the same thing ?‍♂️). Preemptive apology for that snark. But we don’t need a rehash of that.

> >

> > It’s the golfball game that’s a mystery. If you have some insight there please do tell.

>

> Why would you think you will get that answer here? There are probably 10 people at Costco who know what happened with that manufacturer. And they aren't likely to talk about it without a reason to.

>

> It was probably an issue with the manufacturer from Costco's perspective. Either they cannot produce enough or wouldn't agree to Costco's pricing demands. Something like that.

Well logically you can see how many Costco experts are here right ? I just assumed with all the outrage at other speculation, that the truth was known.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @gioreeko said:

> > @snagy2000 said:

> > - > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > > I know Dean Snell is most at risk with an ascendant Costco 4-piece ball, but he comes off as extremely petty every time he mentions the k-sig. Now he's taking credit for the acclaimed 2016 version? Might be as cringey as when Costco released the ball two more times after Snell told everyone that we had seen the last of the ball.

> >

> > I agree...Wonder what he thinks about Pearl finding more of the "unused" cores...Anyway, I got my first "slit" today 1 1/2 holes into my round..Next ball went 16 1/2 holes without any problems...Once they get the cover issue addressed, these are going to be great balls to play...**Outstanding off the tee and on the greens **for me so far...

>

> I'm on my fifth ball without an issue so far, also finding them like you. **Great distance off the tee,** hit my first 300 plus yard drive of the year post surgery, and was working the ball left and right perfectly. Had a gorgeous 7 iron draw on a tee shot into the wind to about 2 feet away. The stopping power on my pitches is on point, just point and shoot right at the pin. **If they make another batch, I'm hoarding.**

Agreed.

Through all the marketing guessing, arguing without substance and biased rhetoric being slung, I personally found these balls to be terrific. I'd like to get a hold of some more.

• Like 1

X________________________________ Sign Here

> @gioreeko said:

>

> I have a feeling that some other manufacturer was pissed they were undercutting their prices so much and threatened to pull their business, but that's just a guess.

Of all the theories I've heard, that's the one that makes most sense to me.

And since Pearl is now producing the original K-Sig again, can we please put the "overrun cores" theory to rest?

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Girevik said:

> > @gioreeko said:

> >

> > I have a feeling that some other manufacturer was pissed they were undercutting their prices so much and threatened to pull their business, but that's just a guess.

>

> Of all the theories I've heard, that's the one that makes most sense to me.

>

> And since Pearl is now producing the original K-Sig again, can we please put the "overrun cores" theory to rest?

>

>

Not really. My understanding is that Nassau had overrun cores and the capacity to produce more of them. Costco bought the overruns and was committed to buying more as Nassau could produce them. But Nassau also had a contract with TaylorMade. TaylorMade had first priority to the Nassau capacity. TaylorMade simply increased their orders, removing the capacity for Costco to get balls in the amount and frequency that they needed to be viable. So Costco went elsewhere. Nassau still has enough capacity to handle the amount that Pearl needs because they aren't selling anywhere close to the quantity that Costco was (It's also likely that TaylorMade decreased their orders once they forced Costco out). If Nassau had been able to fulfill the orders Costco needed, I doubt Costco would have switched suppliers. I also don't believe that Costco was paying less for these balls than anyone else is. They're simply willing to sell them with next to no profit.

So while the story is more complicated than "There were overrun cores and when they were gone Costco couldn't get more balls," it's really not much more different than that. There were overrun cores that allowed Costco to buy a large amount of balls, but more couldn't be made fast enough for Costco to fill the supply chain with enough regularity.

> @arbeck said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > >

> > > I have a feeling that some other manufacturer was pissed they were undercutting their prices so much and threatened to pull their business, but that's just a guess.

> >

> > Of all the theories I've heard, that's the one that makes most sense to me.

> >

> > And since Pearl is now producing the original K-Sig again, can we please put the "overrun cores" theory to rest?

> >

> >

>

> Not really. My understanding is that Nassau had overrun cores and the capacity to produce more of them. Costco bought the overruns and was committed to buying more as Nassau could produce them. But Nassau also had a contract with TaylorMade. TaylorMade had first priority to the Nassau capacity. TaylorMade simply increased their orders, removing the capacity for Costco to get balls in the amount and frequency that they needed to be viable. So Costco went elsewhere. Nassau still has enough capacity to handle the amount that Pearl needs because they aren't selling anywhere close to the quantity that Costco was (It's also likely that TaylorMade decreased their orders once they forced Costco out). If Nassau had been able to fulfill the orders Costco needed, I doubt Costco would have switched suppliers. I also don't believe that Costco was paying less for these balls than anyone else is. They're simply willing to sell them with next to no profit.

>

> So while the story is more complicated than "There were overrun cores and when they were gone Costco couldn't get more balls," it's really not much more different than that. There were overrun cores that allowed Costco to buy a large amount of balls, but more couldn't be made fast enough for Costco to fill the supply chain with enough regularity.

That makes perfect sense.

The cores came from somewhere and it wasn’t Costco’s golf ball engineers.

Which is fine. Just would explain why they changed the ball .

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @arbeck said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @gioreeko said:

> > >

> > > I have a feeling that some other manufacturer was pissed they were undercutting their prices so much and threatened to pull their business, but that's just a guess.

> >

> > Of all the theories I've heard, that's the one that makes most sense to me.

> >

> > And since Pearl is now producing the original K-Sig again, can we please put the "overrun cores" theory to rest?

> >

> >

>

> Not really. My understanding is that Nassau had overrun cores and the capacity to produce more of them. Costco bought the overruns and was committed to buying more as Nassau could produce them. But Nassau also had a contract with TaylorMade. TaylorMade had first priority to the Nassau capacity. TaylorMade simply increased their orders, removing the capacity for Costco to get balls in the amount and frequency that they needed to be viable. So Costco went elsewhere. Nassau still has enough capacity to handle the amount that Pearl needs because they aren't selling anywhere close to the quantity that Costco was (It's also likely that TaylorMade decreased their orders once they forced Costco out). If Nassau had been able to fulfill the orders Costco needed, I doubt Costco would have switched suppliers. I also don't believe that Costco was paying less for these balls than anyone else is. They're simply willing to sell them with next to no profit.

>

> So while the story is more complicated than "There were overrun cores and when they were gone Costco couldn't get more balls," it's really not much more different than that. There were overrun cores that allowed Costco to buy a large amount of balls, but more couldn't be made fast enough for Costco to fill the supply chain with enough regularity.

So what was TM doing with the additional cores that they bought? Were they actually using them in one of their balls? Which?

> @rlb4 said:

>

> So what was TM doing with the additional cores that they bought? Were they actually using them in one of their balls? Which?

Nassau doesn't have separate factory lines and personnel for all the different cores they make. TaylorMade was (is?) getting the cores for the TP5 and TP5x made there. This is not the same core as went into the Costco ball or is going into the Pearl ball. But when TaylorMade puts in an order, The line switches over to make the cores specified by TaylorMade. When they do this they can't make other cores for anyone else. Most likely TaylorMade just had a surplus of cores that they were finishing in the US for a brief moment. Or it could be less nefarious and TaylorMade actually did need more cores because the TP5 started selling more than they forecast.

> @arbeck said:

> > @rlb4 said:

> >

> > So what was TM doing with the additional cores that they bought? Were they actually using them in one of their balls? Which?

>

> Nassau doesn't have separate factory lines and personnel for all the different cores they make. TaylorMade was (is?) getting the cores for the TP5 and TP5x made there. This is not the same core as went into the Costco ball or is going into the Pearl ball. But when TaylorMade puts in an order, The line switches over to make the cores specified by TaylorMade. When they do this they can't make other cores for anyone else. Most likely TaylorMade just had a surplus of cores that they were finishing in the US for a brief moment. Or it could be less nefarious and TaylorMade actually did need more cores because the TP5 started selling more than they forecast.

>

>

Very interesting and you seem to have some good dirt. Thank you for sharing!

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @arbeck said:

> > > @rlb4 said:

> > >

> > > So what was TM doing with the additional cores that they bought? Were they actually using them in one of their balls? Which?

> >

> > Nassau doesn't have separate factory lines and personnel for all the different cores they make. TaylorMade was (is?) getting the cores for the TP5 and TP5x made there. This is not the same core as went into the Costco ball or is going into the Pearl ball. But when TaylorMade puts in an order, The line switches over to make the cores specified by TaylorMade. When they do this they can't make other cores for anyone else. Most likely TaylorMade just had a surplus of cores that they were finishing in the US for a brief moment. Or it could be less nefarious and TaylorMade actually did need more cores because the TP5 started selling more than they forecast.

> >

> >

>

> Very interesting and you seem to have some good dirt. Thank you for sharing!

Agreed. While I have no way of knowing if any of it is true, it sounds completely plausible, is the best explanation offered so far, and appears to be credible.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Girevik said:

> For those who have balld from the good batch, how does it compare to the K3 in regards to spin? I'm playing the K3, and have always wondered if the alleged spinnyness is one of the many factors impating my drivers.

Some people say the K3 balloons for them, I've never had that happen really. The new K4 piece bites the greens on approach shots and spins back for me, whereas the K3 mostly hops and stops.

• Like 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

I've now played nine balls over six rounds (two lost and one skipped on the cart path and removed from play) without issue. I have had no problems with this ball and wish I would have gotten the four dozen allotted instead of only two.

I personally think that the original felt a little softer than the latest release but performance differences are indistinguishable to me. I find both models of the 4 piece to spin more on approach shots and around the green than the 3 piece but, that being said, have no problems playing the 3 piece.

Distance seems the same across the board for me and ,personally, I look forward to whatever ball Costco comes out with next.

Oh yeah, I gave a sleeve to a buddy of mine and he thinks the new 4 piece is the best ball he's ever played.

Too bad for him I guess but I bet he'll be among the first in line whenever the next edition hits the shelves.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

It's really intriguing how we all feel about each ball. I think the new 4 piece is a bit softer than the original 4 piece which is why a slower swing speed like mine can pull wedge and even 7 iron shots back. I like the new ball the best of all 3 in terms of short game spin and putting. Feels really nice.

The 3 piece ball only spun too much on shots into the wind and had a tendency to balloon. I'd put it as the second best short game ball.

I did face some issues with the new 4 piece balls and they're in the golf ball closet for now with the original 4 piece back in the bag. The issues wouldn't stop me from trying Costco balls at any time in the future.

• Like 1

The reviews of the KP1 from guys who are actually playing them have been favorable...Too bad the cover isn't affixing properly...You just can't take 5 random Larrys' of various handicaps, stick them at a range with a Trackman, ask them to hit a few shots with different clubs and be able give any kind of accredited feedback on any ball...IMO, it should at least be a combination of both...

> @Girevik said:

> For those who have balld from the good batch, how does it compare to the K3 in regards to spin? I'm playing the K3, and have always wondered if the alleged spinnyness is one of the many factors impating my drivers.

... The original Black had spin very similar to the TP5x for me, a little higher off long irons and woods with lower spin. The Silver spun too much off short and mid irons and was basically unplayable in Chicago's winds, but fine on calm days. The Gold is right between the two and if they fix the cover, it will be a good ball to play in Phoenix over the winter with my P790's on the hard greens where a little extra spin will be beneficial. Fwiw, I played a practice round a few days ago comparing the Gold and TP5x and the TP5x was consistently 3-5 yds longer off the driver while the Gold had a little more green side spin.

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

> @snagy2000 said:

> The reviews of the KP1 from guys who are actually playing them have been favorable...Too bad the cover isn't affixing properly...You just can't take 5 random Larrys' of various handicaps, stick them at a range with a Trackman, ask them to hit a few shots with different clubs and be able give any kind of accredited feedback on any ball...IMO, it should at least be a combination of both...

Right? why not use the swing robot? makes you wonder.....

Maltby TSW sand wedge

> @vernon said:

> I've now played nine balls over six rounds (two lost and one skipped on the cart path and removed from play) without issue. I have had no problems with this ball and wish I would have gotten the four dozen allotted instead of only two.

>

> I personally think that the original felt a little softer than the latest release but performance differences are indistinguishable to me. I find both models of the 4 piece to spin more on approach shots and around the green than the 3 piece but, that being said, have no problems playing the 3 piece.

>

> Distance seems the same across the board for me and ,personally, I look forward to whatever ball Costco comes out with next.

>

> Oh yeah, I gave a sleeve to a buddy of mine and he thinks the new 4 piece is the best ball he's ever played.

>

> Too bad for him I guess but I bet he'll be among the first in line whenever the next edition hits the shelves.

I got 4 dozen, and I'm mad that I didn't ask a friend to get 4 dozen more for me, lol. No problems so far, great ball.

Maltby TSW sand wedge