2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rory to start 2017 with Callaway in the bag!

Does anyone have some of RORS driving stats before and after switching to the M2? Just seems to me he's been better at driving the ball after switching to the M2. Then again, it could just be my imagination. Would love to learn what the real differences he's getting between Swoosh, M2, and Epic.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely proves epic >m2

Yup can't wait for it. Sub Zero won't last in the bag. If anything he's just gearing up for the day he signs with Callaway down the road and they pay him a butt ton. I bet if TM offered the same amount of money for a full contract he would stick with TM woods. It's all about money for Rory. Oh and I hear Phil is raving about the Epics just like the past 4 generations of drivers

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Surely proves epic >m2

Yup can't wait for it. Sub Zero won't last in the bag. If anything he's just gearing up for the day he signs with Callaway down the road and they pay him a butt ton. I bet if TM offered the same amount of money for a full contract he would stick with TM woods. It's all about money for Rory. Oh and I hear Phil is raving about the Epics just like the past 4 generations of drivers

Exactly..............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

The new "O" Works putters almost seem more secretive than the Epic.

Very little info or pics to be found anywhere

You wouldn't believe how excited Callaway is for the new odyssey putters. They think they've found something special. I rolled a two ball that felt great.

Between this new line, Rory rolling an Odyssey, and Toulon doing their high-end custom line, they are set to dominate the putting market in 2017.

Easy...slow your roll there pards. Pun intended.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

im truly shocked he hasnt considered the wedges...with the greatest wedge designer alive at his disposal it seems a waste to not have a set of his master pieces in the bag....

Rory does have him at his disposal. I'm sure he and Bob Vokey have already been collaborating on what will best in 2017.

LOL Vokey borrowed from Mr Cleveland.... much like Don and Bob....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I wonder if he's going to play a Toulan putter.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

im truly shocked he hasnt considered the wedges...with the greatest wedge designer alive at his disposal it seems a waste to not have a set of his master pieces in the bag....

Rory does have him at his disposal. I'm sure he and Bob Vokey have already been collaborating on what will best in 2017.

Why did the "best wedge designer alive" let those wedges go to retail so light? And feeling so much worse than the old X-Forged? Everyone has opinions, and Vokeys are the most popular wedges in the game, so why laugh at others who feel that way? If Roger is the best, why would he let that terrible satin finish be put on his wedges that looks like absolute trash after a few rounds or practice sessions? From a guy who used to always use great vintage/raw finishes , there is very much a planned obsolescence strategy at Callaway now with how their clubs look after one season, and with increased prices.

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

Why did the "best wedge designer alive" let those wedges go to retail so light? And feeling so much worse than the old X-Forged? Everyone has opinions, and Vokeys are the most popular wedges in the game, so why laugh at others who feel that way? If Roger is the best, why would he let that terrible satin finish be put on his wedges that looks like absolute trash after a few rounds or practice sessions? From a guy who used to always use great vintage/raw finishes , there is very much a planned obsolescence strategy at Callaway now with how their clubs look after one season, and with increased prices.

Difference between total control of a product and something less than total control.

your opinion.... i much prefer the md3 to previous models...the majority of staffers play them and not the MD2.... and the PM grind is the top lob wedge ever made if we are considering performance.... most wont play it out of pride or aversion to the look... but if you give it an honest chance theres literally no way one can say it isnt 100 times more forgiving from sand or a flop shot.... why ? the design.... vokey is just spitting out stamps and limited release models... and dont get me started on upcharges for raw wedges ... price raise king certainly goes to vokey if that helps

edit.... that being said i dont hate vokey.. i own a few... just seems like rory could completely cash in and play a full callaway bag ... its nonsense to say that the md3 or new forged wedge isnt "good enough"..... my money says he has a callaway wedge in bag before years end

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Why is Rory going back to Titleist balls? He clearly hasn't hit a K-Sig

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Why is Rory going back to Titleist balls? He clearly hasn't hit a K-Sig

He rolled up to Costco to get some but they were sold out. He got a rain check though and should have some in the bag soon

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

I'm surprised at how much his bag has changed given the way he ended up winning the FedEx?

That's what surprises me most-and ditching the Scotty-he was a better player with that putter.

He must have had and exiting Few weeks trying new equipment-that would be cool to try anything you want and play anything you feel comfortable with.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I wonder if he's going to play a Toulan putter.

I think this would be a pretty good move for him and oh the Toulon arrangement with callaway would just pay for itself already of that happened in what 3 months nice return!!!

That Toulon custom black San Fran for ryo looks sick! I wonder if Phil will get a proto Toulon 8802 style putter soon that would look unreal downright studly

Titleist TS4 10.5 project x smoke 6.5
Taylormade m6 5 wood project x smoke 6.5
Titleist 910H (Diamana Blue 60S, 21degree)
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW s300
Titleist sm7 chrome (54, wedge flex)
Titleist sm5 raw (58, wedge flex)
Odyssey white hot #8 34"
Ball (donations found in the trees)
Titleist 4up stand bag
Nike TW20 

Well, this probably all but confirms the new Epic is better than what TM put out in the new M line. Great job Callaway.

You could be right, after all, it did knock out his M2 which he supposedly loved.

Do we know what shaft he'll be putting in it? With a swing like his, the sub zero plus an aldila silver or hzrdus black could be a low spin beast.

your opinion.... i much prefer the md3 to previous models...the majority of staffers play them and not the MD2.... and the PM grind is the top lob wedge ever made if we are considering performance.... most wont play it out of pride or aversion to the look... but if you give it an honest chance theres literally no way one can say it isnt 100 times more forgiving from sand or a flop shot.... why ? the design.... vokey is just spitting out stamps and limited release models... and dont get me started on upcharges for raw wedges ... price raise king certainly goes to vokey if that helps

edit.... that being said i dont hate vokey.. i own a few... just seems like rory could completely cash in and play a full callaway bag ... its nonsense to say that the md3 or new forged wedge isnt "good enough"..... my money says he has a callaway wedge in bag before years end

Wait so you're giving Bob crap for "borrowing" yet don't even bat an eye at the eye2.. I mean PM

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Except it's not Rory to Callaway anymore than it was Rory to TaylorMade in the fall. He's not signing a contract, he's tinkering... Nowhere in the article does it say he's signing with Callaway.

I'll bet some of your good American dollars that a contract will follow shortly - seems a bit "all-in" to be tinkering

Agreed. Sounds like he's about to sign a full Callaway club deal.

Well, this probably all but confirms the new Epic is better than what TM put out in the new M line. Great job Callaway.

I'd say it confirms he's about to sign an 8 figure club deal with Callaway. Too bad TM couldn't offer him a contract even after he chose to play the clubs without being paid.

nm

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I'm surprised at how much his bag has changed given the way he ended up winning the FedEx?

That's what surprises me most-and ditching the Scotty-he was a better player with that putter.

He must have had and exiting Few weeks trying new equipment-that would be cool to try anything you want and play anything you feel comfortable with.

Rox

His putting improved because he finally admitted he had a problem and worked hard with Phil Kenyon to sort it out. As it happens, he started putting better around the same time he switched to the Cameron. I'd guess the improvement in his putting was probably around 95% due to technical and stroke improvements and about 5% or less due to using the Cameron.

I'd say it confirms he's about to sign an 8 figure club deal with Callaway. Too bad TM couldn't offer him a contract even after he chose to play the clubs without being paid.

nm

Even if he doesn't sign an ENDORSEMENT deal with Cally I can confidently say that Cally will be sending money his way for having a predominantly Cally/Odyssey bag.

I don't think it will be 8 figures or anything insane, but to think there is no money involved at all is pretty naive...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole