2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Rory/Day/DJ will never win another major

golfer929

Jason is missing left AND right, the death of a Tour player. But he's certainly not done yet. This era is being defined by streaks, and all three had theirs. I don't buy the rib injury at all. Sorry, it's equipment more than the ribs. He hasn't fully figured that ball out yet. For DJ, he'll win several more majors, one being a total destruction of Augusta.........

The original thesis: neither Day, nor Rory, nor DJ wins another major.

You might be right. There is so much good young talent that these three guys might not win another major. Day may have peaked, and may never find that magic. Rory might be injury prone for the rest of his career, and his putting is getting worse. Of the three, Dustin Johnson has a good chance of rebounding and having another season that could include a major.

But I think that guys like Kisner, Justin Thomas, Matsuyama, Patrick Reed, Koepka, Fowler and others all have a chance to win majors, which is going to make it really difficult on the three guys named Day, McIlroy and Johnson.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I see what you're saying OP. Don't let the exclusive troll haters get to you.

Day doesn't look good. Might never again be able to put four rounds together at a major to get er done

Rory breaks my heart. But at least he admits that he doesn't love golf. When his irons and putting are bad, they're not even close.

I think DJ will fall out of bed into two or three more majors. For the next 10 years, he'll always have a chance as his weakness are manageable which makes putting it together easier than most.

Rory just announced he may not play any events until next April.

Jason Day looked lost with his driver all week. He was hitting big pushes and throwing in some hooks too. At the end of 2015 he was driving the golf ball great, probably the best out of anyone at the time. If he can get his driver figured out and hit fairways consistently I can see him winning another major or even a few, but if he keeps driving the way he is he can't even win a normal tour event.

Rory... Maybe, maybe he wont' win another major. That short game is just not on point right now. He's still young though, he's got another decade plus in him of winning, as long as his back can stay healthy.

Day not winning is the same boat as Rory. Both long hitters who struggle with the short stuff right now. They could both turn it around easily, but looming back issues due to the way they swing are always there. They certainly don't have a swing that would promote playing into their late 40s.

DJ not winning another major is kind of nuts. He's been having a little rough patch as of late, but he's just too dominating when he's playing A game golf. All aspects of his game are exceptional, he's current #2 in strokes gained tee to green. He's maybe not the best putter in the world, but he's still top 50 on tour. Out of the three, I think he's the least likely to not win a major going forward.

Can we at least put a reasonable time frame on these kinds of predictions, since I don't want to wait 30 years to find out if the OP is right, and I might be dead by then.

I would say if they don't do it in the next 10 years they won't ever do it. Is that fair enough?

DJ and/or Rory likely to win majors in the next 3 seasons.

This really is silly.

Is it wrong of me to think that all three of those players are basically the same guy?

There is no finesse with any of those three. Just hit it as far as you can and hope for the best.

That's todays modern golf....drive, wedge. Next hole, drive, wedge. Boring as bat sh!t.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

Can we at least put a reasonable time frame on these kinds of predictions, since I don't want to wait 30 years to find out if the OP is right, and I might be dead by then.

I would say if they don't do it in the next 10 years they won't ever do it. Is that fair enough?

This really is silly.

Rory hasn't won one since 2014, that has been 3 years. How is this silly?

I think DJ will win another or maybe more. He seems like the kind of guy that could just win by accident. Haha

Jason Day seems lost and I have to agreee that he will prob not win a major or even a tournament. I'll go against the grain here and even suggest getting rid of Colin might do him some good.

Rory could win if he puts in the effort which could be anyone's guess if he actually will put in that effort. As someone said earlier I think it's pretty obvious he just does not give a sh¡t about golf right now.

Jason Day seems lost and I have to agreee that he will prob not win a major or even a tournament. I'll go against the grain here and even suggest getting rid of Colin might do him some good.

Okay we really need to reserve the right to go after you when Day wins again.

Haha! By all means. He did seem to show a little bit of life over his last two starts. Hopefully he is on to something.

This really is silly.

What is silly is someone with no post coming on the forum and making a prediction about something that he has to be right about for the next 8 months and then posting 61 times telling everyone how smart he is and responding to everyone with a fake, thinks he is clever politeness that gets a little older every time he throws it out there.....Close the thread and come back in a few years and tell us all again how brilliant you are and be sure and thank us for our kind words.

This really is silly.

What is silly is someone with no post coming on the forum and making a prediction about something that he has to be right about for the next 8 months and then posting 61 times telling everyone how smart he is and responding to everyone with a fake, thinks he is clever politeness that gets a little older every time he throws it out there.....Close the thread and come back in a few years and tell us all again how brilliant you are and be sure and thank us for our kind words.

I didn't have to be right for the next 8 months. Day had a legit chance this week and blew it. Sorry for being nice to everyone. I guess from now on I should just be a huge Dbag? Nobody is forcing to look at this thread also. There are other people in this thread who have even said my prediction is plausible. Everyone starts with 0 posts. I never gloated once about being smart. Have a good nights rest, my friend

Ahhhh.....The old,'no one is forcing you to look at this thread" comment.......Thanks for the reminder. I will be moving on......Good luck nurturing your thread......Thank you for your kind words. By the way, of course your prediction is plausible.....Nothing difficult about making this kind of prediction. If you throw enough against the wall, something is bound to stick......Question is, will the thrower be around to clean up the mess when it hits the floor.

Am I missing something? Aren't the odds of winning any golf tournament let alone a major extremely high. It's obviously much better for these players than most others on tour. A lot of things still have to go right for most good players on tour to win a major even when they're playing well. I'm not saying this prediction has better odds than one of them winning another one, but it's not much worse than 50/50 is it? If the tour is in such great shape and as DEEP with talent as everyone around here keeps saying it is, this prediction isn't really as outlandish as some reactions to it are eluding is it? I tend to think at least 1 more win comes from this group, but I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't and I wouldn't bet on it either way

Am I missing something? Aren't the odds of winning any golf tournament let alone a major extremely high. It's obviously much better for these players than most others on tour. A lot of things still have to go right for most good players on tour to win a major even when they're playing well. I'm not saying this prediction has better odds than one of them winning another one, but it's not much worse than 50/50 is it? If the tour is in such great shape and as DEEP with talent as everyone around here keeps saying it is, this prediction isn't really as outlandish as some reactions to it are eluding is it? I tend to think at least 1 more win comes from this group, but I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't and I wouldn't bet on it either way

The raw odds are 1 in however many golfers are in the field. Then you factor in past performances on the course, strengths, weaknesses, ability to handle pressure, etc and you get the odds that Vegas uses.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Better men than the OP predicted Nicklaus was done at 40. He one three majors after turning 40.

Predictions in sports is a waste of time. RIP Miss Cleo.

Yep. I mean who would have though Arnold would be done with majors at 34, Tom Watson at 33 or Tiger Woods at 32? It is hard to believe that the Day, Johnson and Rory will all never hit those peaks that allow them to win majors. But it could happen.