TaylorMade M3 and M4 Drivers and Metalwoods

ludeatude

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These look so much better than the previous model years that I had to get one. I got a 2017 M2, but it was spinning too much for my liking even with a HZRDUS Black shaft, so I went with the M3 for the CG adjustability, and also with a Tensei Pro White shaft. The price difference going down from $100 to $70 also made the M3 an easier choice.

M3 all the way. Driver put the weights back and draw and upright. Much better then the m4 driver. M3 was a lot better then the m4. M3 hl was good. I didn't hit the m4 fairway.

What? My head hurts now, thanks.

Sorry, to many grey goose drinks.

M4 10.5 with the atmos red stiff gave me a high right fade on almost every shot. Maybe I should have tried the 9.5. The m3 was a lot more accurate once I put it to upright and one weight in the draw position. I was aim at the 250 pole and almost hit it with the m3.

The m3 fairway hl was very straight and had nice flight to it.

I could see putting the m3 driver and fairway in the bag or as backups.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

My M4 arrived today. I have yet to hit it since I live in the frozen tundra that is Central New York but man does this weapon look sweet. Maybe my favorite looking head since the 9015D.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

M3 arrived today. Man it looks awesome. Not putting it in the bag just yet because I have a big event this coming week but can’t wait to test it out after that. Looks incredible.

9.5. Tensei. Regular flex, because I only hit it 240 or 250 in the air, unlike most of you golfwrxer’s ;)

Which tensei? I tried blue 50 and 60 regular and stiff....ended up with last year's kuro kage black tini 50 stiff

M3 arrived today. Man it looks awesome. Not putting it in the bag just yet because I have a big event this coming week but can’t wait to test it out after that. Looks incredible.

9.5. Tensei. Regular flex, because I only hit it 240 or 250 in the air, unlike most of you golfwrxer’s ;)

Which tensei? I tried blue 50 and 60 regular and stiff....ended up with last year's kuro kage black tini 50 stiff

This is a great question. I have no idea. I’m a four handicap but I almost always defer to my guy to stick whatever he thinks is best in my hands. As long as it looks and feels good, I’ll hit it.

I’d check for you but I’m traveling this weekend, sadly.

I honestly know very little about equipment. I can tell you I’m in a set of MP18’s with Project X 5.0’s at the moment in the irons.

Apparently I’m a low-spin player.

This is a great question. I have no idea. I’m a four handicap but I almost always defer to my guy to stick whatever he thinks is best in my hands. As long as it looks and feels good, I’ll hit it.

I’d check for you but I’m traveling this weekend, sadly.

I honestly know very little about equipment. I can tell you I’m in a set of MP18’s with Project X 5.0’s at the moment in the irons.

Apparently I’m a low-spin player.

Me too along low speed and launch!

Anyone playing the D-Type M4? Tried searching this thread but came up short on 'D Type'

I did not hit it when I was at Taylormade, but I did see it. It's very difficult to tell at address or otherwise that it's a draw-biased driver and it looks as good as the standard M4.

I have a couple of buddies who are good low HC players who use draw biased drivers to eliminate the right side and the concept works for them. My daughter is a D1 college player and she has had success with Ping's SF Tec. I'm going to have her try the M4 D-Type.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I tried the M4 with standard shaft Atmos Red 5s. I thought the torque to be too low so I was wondering if the Atmos Red Tour spec would be a good replacement? I liked the shaft and feeling overall.

TaylorMade SIM2 Driver Tour-AD IZ 60X
TaylorMade M5 3-wood Tour-AD IZ 70X
Bridgestone Tour B Driving Iron #3 AD DI-85X
TaylorMade P7MB (4-PW) Project X LZ 6.5

TaylorMade MG3 50°/54°/58° Dynamic Gold S400

Nike Method #006 proto

Bridgestone Tour BX

My shop put them on the rack yesterday. Demo day etc. hit the m3 again beside my m1. Same synergy shaft. And I just spin the m3 around 500 rpm on average more. And the m3 just seems so lightbweight. My m1 is hot melted. But man. I couldn’t feel the m3 head at all.

I’m going to be snapping up m1 backup heads. Most unimpressed by a new Driver I’ve been in a while.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My shop put them on the rack yesterday. Demo day etc. hit the m3 again beside my m1. Same synergy shaft. And I just spin the m3 around 500 rpm on average more. And the m3 just seems so lightbweight. My m1 is hot melted. But man. I couldn’t feel the m3 head at all.

I’m going to be snapping up m1 backup heads. Most unimpressed by a new Driver I’ve been in a while.

Great findings BH.....and these are the reasons my paltry swing shines with M3! I'm low spin/mid-low launch even with positive AoA....still enjoying 17 M1 but M3 provides just better overall playability

Great findings BH.....and these are the reasons my paltry swing shines with M3! I'm low spin/mid-low launch even with positive AoA....still enjoying 17 M1 but M3 provides just better overall playability

Yea. All that being said. I haven’t hit a heavy hot melted m3 440 yet. That could be as good or better for me. But I maybe in love. So.... lol.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Yea. All that being said. I haven’t hit a heavy hot melted m3 440 yet. That could be as good or better for me. But I maybe in love. So.... lol.

You know you'll get a tour issued M3 440, right?

My shop put them on the rack yesterday. Demo day etc. hit the m3 again beside my m1. Same synergy shaft. And I just spin the m3 around 500 rpm on average more. And the m3 just seems so lightbweight. My m1 is hot melted. But man. I couldnt feel the m3 head at all.

Im going to be snapping up m1 backup heads. Most unimpressed by a new Driver Ive been in a while.

Yea. All that being said. I havent hit a heavy hot melted m3 440 yet. That could be as good or better for me. But I maybe in love. So.... lol.

I can confirm that’s a fun head to hit.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Lol. Well lets just say I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to test one. Lol.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Lol. Well lets just say I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to test one. Lol.

C'mon......you can do better than that!

I have fallen out of favor with my Sub Zero Epic. Went to my local shop and had intended on getting the G400 Max as I have been just struggling with my driver, which is now the worst part of my game, and the G400 was/is the best looking driver to me- with one exception, it is HUGE. I played around with an M4 and the head has a much more pleasant footprint, really inviting and the looks are incredible too. Worlds better than last years M2 and it seemed to be much smaller to my eyes.

So after hitting a few other drivers I walked out with an M4, Tensei 60g stiff based on results on the LM. Immediately took it to the range and hit a few. My normal miss is hitting around center of the face with it open. It had noticeably calmed down my slice into a nice, manageable fade with some bombs mixed in when I was doing my thing right. The sound and feel are very good to me. Much more pleasing to my ears than the Epic. I hit a few low heely shots that stayed in the fairway which was very surprising to me because I have been OB with that exact shot a day ago. I still need to tinker with the settings and probably lower the loft a touch because I am launching this driver a little high for my taste.

One negative, and this has nothing to do with performance, was the head cover. I love the looks and feel but the damn thing wants to bunch up and not go on all the way due to the padding and the elastic material. Another small gripe is how the Hammerhead tech is a grass trap. Yep, its nit picking, but still.

I feel like I have walked over to the dark side haha. I haven't had a TM driver in a long while but I am hoping this one sticks around.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

spent over an hour this morning in the local Golf Galaxy. Hit M3 440 and 460, Rogue Sub Zero and M4 D-Type

I swing in the low 90 mph range cold upper 90s when warmed up.

Best results were with M3 440 (Tensei White 60 Stiff) surprisingly as I play to an 11 and don't hit the sweet spot every time.

I was more consistent with the M3 than the M4 but when I caught the M4 well, my distances were comparable between the two.

Dispersion was better with my Epic (animal style with HZRDUS Yellow HC 5.5)

Sub Zero results were dismal for me.

I've got an M4 to try next time on the course but I'll likely end up with the M3 440.

Got fitted for M4 today. Biggest issue with my gamer is dispersion. Actually went from my Aldila Rogue Black 60 Stiff to the Tensei CK White 70 Extra-Stiff. My miss is low heel and I play a cut so I couldn't ask for a better feeling with the M4. Also surprised that my best numbers with the M4 3-wood and hybrid were HZRDUS Black 6.5 considering my driver swing speed average is 105 mph. Never thought I'd be playing X shafts.

STEALTH 2 Tour AD DI 6X //  SIM Oban Devotion 65-04 //  699 v2 MMT105s //  JB Full Groove MMT105w //  TOULON ATLANTA //  Vice Pro+

I tried the M4 with standard shaft Atmos Red 5s. I thought the torque to be too low so I was wondering if the Atmos Red Tour spec would be a good replacement? I liked the shaft and feeling overall.

Torque is 4.4... the only other shafts with more torque are synergy, NV orange, recoil, evenflow and white tie. Torque on Atmos red ts is 3.5.

New Bag in the making...

I went to taylormade demo day at GG today to get fit for an M4 fairway, they only had atmos red 6s shaft for M4 and told me I needed a fairway shaft with a stiffer tip. I know nothing about shafts. What no upcharge shaft has a stiffer tip? They also said they should be getting more demos with different shafts. Tensei?

Why have all the M4 drivers I have looked at seem to flop open? I have been to 3 different stores, and some of these heads look like they are 4* open at address. None of the 2017 m2's flop open like this.

I read because of the twist face. It’s an illusion at the toe which makes it seem more open than it is.