TaylorMade M3 and M4 Drivers and Metalwoods

ludeatude

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course. Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor. The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head. I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw. The M4 head with out adapter is 195g. Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape. Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight. Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75” playing length. Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.

Cool, looking forward to your thoughts, especially with the TP.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?

just hit the middle and you'll be fine.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course. Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor. The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head. I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw. The M4 head with out adapter is 195g. Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape. Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight. Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75" playing length. Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.

Look forward to hearing about it......and trying it ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I've tried the M3 a few times at my local golf shop and really like the feel of it. Swing speed is not where it normally is, but that's to be expected since I haven't been able to play or practice much lately. I'm not a fan of the 60 gram Tensei White in stiff. I should be swinging a stiff flex when I'm playing a bunch, but I got better numbers with the 70g X-stiff, but my swing was barely topping out at 96 when I tried it.

I'm going to have to find another golf shop that has a 70g Rogue Silver to test, since that is the current shaft that I use with my KING LTD Pro. My miss is a heel shot, and the TwistFace seemed to help keep me a little straighter on those shots. I'm going to try it again in a few weeks after I've been able to play more and get my swing speed back up a bit. I'm a definite fan of the feel and the look of the Silver/Black color scheme.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Testing my M4 with my go to shaft AD TP 7TX this Wednesday on course. Will be nice to get it outdoors for once and not have to watch the monitor. The stock weight screw as said is 3g in my head. I do not see any HotMelt in the head, but my 17 M2 did have a little by the rear weight screw. The M4 head with out adapter is 195g. Before adding Hotmelt to this retail head I am going to have the loft checked and dial in placement for melt with lead tape. Currently have Tape from behind the hammerhead slots going back to rear weight. Added 7g to achieve my preferred SW of D4 @ my 44.75" playing length. Will report back Wednesday evening with thoughts.

Look forward to hearing about it......and trying it ;)

Sure thing.... Once tinkering is done it will need the J13 Tour Melt job!! :pimp:

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

For those who have the M3 or M4 driver, does the twist face make it hard to juggle/bounce the ball on the face?

That was one of the biggest concerns that they addressed while we were there. They knew we were going to go into that room armed with a ton of questions about juggling. Luckily I can tell you that they had demo clubs for us to all juggle with. I only broke 4 windows and sent 2 people to the hospital. I'd like to point out that Twist Face helped me break less windows than my average. Twist Face was made to address the concerns of 80% of the data they had. There will be some people out there that Twist Face MAY exacerbate the miss on their juggling. We highly recommend that you get fit to see if Twist Face is right for your juggling needs.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back. I have had some really long great looking hits with it. But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST. But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman. Well, I don't spin the M3 enough. We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head. It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long. We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft. That seemed to tighten up dispersion. Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200. I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered. The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4. Last year the M1 didn't work for many people. It was too low spin. And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

Played a few rounds with my M3 8.5 with Tensei Orange Pro with weights all the way back. I have had some really long great looking hits with it. But dispersion has been worse than my Ping G400 LST. But the M3 seems to have more pop. So I went to a Taylormade Hub and got on with a TM fitter and trackman. Well, I don't spin the M3 enough. We tried a lot of combos with other shafts in the M3 head. It's a shame cause I was getting 1.5 smash and my good shots on the course were long. We ended up in the M4 at 9.5 degrees and a Matrix Black Tie shaft. That seemed to tighten up dispersion. Kept launch at 11* and spin at 2200. I haven't tried a Black Tie in a long time and this felt a lot better than I remembered. The fitter did say he has been about 50/50 between fitting people into M3 and M4. Last year the M1 didn't work for many people. It was too low spin. And a lot of people have had a lot of success with the Atmos Blue shaft.

Did you try lofting up the 8.5 M3? A 9.5 M3 has more spin for me than 10.5 17 M1....

Did you try lofting up the 8.5 M3? A 9.5 M3 has more spin for me than 10.5 17 M1....

Yes, it was already set 1 notch higher. And the fitter had me try other lofts. Part of my issue is my AOA is +5/6 degrees. He actually wanted me to loft down on the 8.5 at first, but we both knew that wouldn't be great because of the spin.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, I’ve already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left I’d be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, I've already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left I'd be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ

They're not adjusting loft and lie on a non-adjustable club.

Yes, it was already set 1 notch higher. And the fitter had me try other lofts. Part of my issue is my AOA is +5/6 degrees. He actually wanted me to loft down on the 8.5 at first, but we both knew that wouldn't be great because of the spin.

Wow Bubba!!! That Aka is Cray cray

Anyone buying the M4 with no upcharge Shaft? Wondering what people had success with during their demo’s.

Thinking Tensei white for myself since I am a long time Whiteboard user.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just had a testing session on the range with the M3 V’s my current epic sub zero.

Could not fault performance but really was not keen on the feel of the M3.

Will have to try M4 to see if it feels much different.

Other than that what I saw on the range impressed me with regard accuracy, consistency and flight.

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

How will shaving the driver affect the twistface on a M3 or M4? Asking for a friend.

https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com

How will asking ridiculous questions effect ones credibility?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Is the consensus so far on m3/4 to loft down? Have been playing the 16 versions one click up, so I may just stick with my normal loft and adjust down if necessary as I’d rather have a slightly open/square face anyway.

I'm not high speed or spin....17 M1 still was low/low with 10.5 head one click up

A 9.5 M3 head looked better at address than the 10.5 AND launched higher with proper, consistent spin numbers....I'll grab mine on Saturday

Finally outdoors on course today with M4. Temps in the 40’s and when arrived to course the range was closed due to 2+ inches of the rain that has fallen recently. Lack of being able to warm up and it cold enough out had my back not happy at all. Being 6’4 my back likes a easy warm up. Swing was never like it was suppose to be today but I must say I am impressed.

The heel miss today was mainly caused with me coming out of the shot with the hips moving out towards the ball instead of turning. After so many heel misses today I can confidently say for me that the M4 is much improved over the M2 on the miss. The ball goes dead straight and right away noticed that distance was not hurt nearly as much, which it was for me with the M2. I only missed one tee shot on the toe and the ball turned over a touch but stayed in the left side of the fairway. I feel that strike usually does go farther left with my M2.

This M4 Head being a retail model and stamped with 9.5 is all I can go by. My M2 Head is Tour Issue and is stamped 9.5 but 10.3 actual loft and 2 Degrees Open. I would say visually on the course the M4 does launch a touch higher with the same shaft and SW, but does not look like it is adding much spin.

I will say that I am very pleased with the 1st test ride with the M4. Once it is Melted to my weight likings and back out in better temps with a better swing I believe it will be a better driver for me. I know I am going against Crossfield, but My swing thinks their is something Behind twistface and hammerhead for sure.

• P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Taylormade will be at my local Golf Galaxy this Sunday, I’ve already decided to buy the M4 fairway, but my question: Is it worth it to set up a half hour fitting session for the M4 fairway since all that can be changed is the shaft? Or can they adjust lie angle or face angle at all? I liked the feel of M4 over the Rogue but my miss was left. If I can get the miss a little less left I’d be very happy. I was gaining 20-25 yards total off the deck vs my OG RBZ

There will probably be no non-stock shaft options. Not sure any teams have an upcharge M4 fairways in the demo kits yet. Use the M3 head to test possible shaft options.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

So the M4 was way worse than the M3 or was the M4 much better?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

M4 for me wasn't even close in dispersion to either m3 and higher ball speed

So the M4 was way worse than the M3 or was the M4 much better?

Good question.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Every swing , AOA, Path, speed, ect...... is different.

M4 is what suits my eye and gives me good numbers. I am one that wants less moving parts to tinker with when my swing goes sideways. :)

• P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

M3 all the way. Driver put the weights back and draw and upright. Much better then the m4 driver. M3 was a lot better then the m4. M3 hl was good. I didn't hit the m4 fairway.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x