2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger vs. Phil in "The Match." **MERGED**

BenSeattle

^^^ Give 'em hell, blade. I'm still upset the CR ducked me in the other Tiger thread.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little better… but you still didn’t include the full/key quote I challenged you on when you said (and I quote)

bladehunter:

“That’s pure hate and jealousy (from Rory). No other explanation.”

––––––––––

In response I replied…

CR:

“Perhaps a perfectly reasonable “explanation” of Rory’s change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.”

––––––––––

Even now you can’t admit that a “perfectly reasonable “explanation” is either a “change of mind (which people can do btw)” and/or likely stemming from Rory “witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.”

Instead of your black & white / absolute comment saying there’s No other explanation - That’s pure hate and jealousy (from Rory).” both realities I simply highlighted (and you’ve repeatedly dodged) are very possible & very reasonable explanations, are they not?

I would agree that it's partly due to jealousy.. Moreover, I am inclined to believe that most of his animosity towards "the match" is due to the fact that he is so "mindfckd" at this point in his career that he is trying everything he can to block out any outside noise. This includes distractions, including media asking him about "the match". His move to stay in North America and play only on the PGA Tour also adds to this.

Titleist....

bladehunter:

"What possesses a Rory apologist like yourself to post in the thread then ?"

"Amazing how that flew over his head isn't it ?"

–––––––––

I see again when you can't address the facts of the conversation at hand, you quickly attempt to change the subject and/or resort to personal put-downs.

You're developing quite the 'brand' on this forum. Congratulations.

Friend. It isn't I who is building a brand. Or gaining a reputation.

I am me. Today yesterday and tomorrow. Numerous folks here who know me in real life. I am not out to impress anyone here. Just debate the game I love and it's happenings.

It's funny . I commented on Rory's opinion of this match. Called it pure jealousy as I recall. And I stand by that. He can't be happy that he isn't in the talk for anything anymore. He's a huge under achiever for his born talent level. Not really debatable there. Can he turn it around ? I hope so. I'm a big Rory fan! Huge even. Just tired of seeing him waste his abilities. How's that ? That help you understand what I said ?

A little better… but you still didn’t include the full/key quote I challenged you on when you said (and I quote)

bladehunter:

––––––––––

In response I replied…

CR:

“Perhaps a perfectly reasonable “explanation” of Rory’s change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.”

––––––––––

Even now you can’t admit that a “perfectly reasonable “explanation” is either a “change of mind (which people can do btw)” and/or likely stemming from Rory “witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.”

Instead of your black & white / absolute comment saying there’s No other explanation - That’s pure hate and jealousy (from Rory).” both realities I simply highlighted (and you’ve repeatedly dodged) are very possible & very reasonable explanations, are they not?

Sure. I’ve not said you’re opinion was invalid. You engaged me in this conversation. Remember. It’s you who called my opinion invalid.

Hell if we are talking possibilities , maybe his wife is playing puppet master ? Maybe he was intoxicated during the interview . Maybe he’s a Manchurian candidate ?

Or the more plausible , he just thinks the story should be about him , not the two old farts that it is still about. Hmmm.

But yes. Your thoughts could also be true. Again I made a comment about his comment on this match. Where he said they were 15 years too late for anybody to care. That’s child speak and you know it. He’s throwing shade because it isn’t his party.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think the most important part of "The Match" is that we've had an AK sighting.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match...

Is this a joke?

Sadly it’s a reality.

I think you underestimate the global reach of someone as special as, Tiger.

My business colleagues & friends who live, work and those who are ‘serious’ golfers in Australasia / Asia and Europe tell me first hand there is very little interest in this head to head match.

FYI, even the heavy majority of sycophant / golf nerds on this forum aren’t prepared to pay to watch it. Sorry but that’s the current reality.

That's not surprising at all. I don't expect this "match" to have global appeal. The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.

It's obviously not an event with the gravity to attract many International viewers. But, that doesn't mean it isn't an entertaining event for people who are big Tiger and Phil fans and avid U.S. golf enthusiasts.

I don't think anyone's pretending that this event rivals top PGA Tour events or Ryder Cups, etc.

It's not being promoted as a tournament with prestige or the weight of a Tour event or a Major championship. So I'm not sure why people are holding it to such a high standard.

bladehunter:

––––––––––

In response I replied…

CR:

––––––––––

I would agree that it's partly due to jealousy.. Moreover, I am inclined to believe that most of his animosity towards "the match" is due to the fact that he is so "mindfckd" at this point in his career that he is trying everything he can to block out any outside noise. This includes distractions, including media asking him about "the match". His move to stay in North America and play only on the PGA Tour also adds to this.

Whether you “agree that it’s partly due to jealousy” is just your personal opinion based on nothing factual or credible… but more importantly that’s besides the whole point I’m challenging bladehunter’s absolute comment when he’s stating that there’s “no other explanation” when I easily put on the table two reasonable and very possible explanations. Unless you also see things in black & white / absolutes and also don’t believe these are and there are NO OTHER POSSIBLE explanations?

Which would of course be extremist thinking & logic by definition.

bladehunter:

–––––––––

I see again when you can't address the facts of the conversation at hand, you quickly attempt to change the subject and/or resort to personal put-downs.

I am me. Today yesterday and tomorrow. Numerous folks here who know me in real life. I am not out to impress anyone here. Just debate the game I love and it's happenings.

It's funny . I commented on Rory's opinion of this match. Called it pure jealousy as I recall. And I stand by that. He can't be happy that he isn't in the talk for anything anymore. He's a huge under achiever for his born talent level. Not really debatable there. Can he turn it around ? I hope so. I'm a big Rory fan! Huge even. Just tired of seeing him waste his abilities. How's that ? That help you understand what I said ?

A little better… but you still didn't include the full/key quote I challenged you on when you said (and I quote)

bladehunter:

"That's pure hate and jealousy (from Rory). No other explanation."

––––––––––

In response I replied…

CR:

"Perhaps a perfectly reasonable "explanation" of Rory's change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

––––––––––

Even now you can't admit that a "perfectly reasonable "explanation" is either a "change of mind (which people can do btw)" and/or likely stemming from Rory "witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

Instead of your black & white / absolute comment saying there's "No other explanation - That's pure hate and jealousy (from Rory)." both realities I simply highlighted (and you've repeatedly dodged) are very possible & very reasonable explanations, are they not?

Sure. I've not said you're opinion was invalid. You engaged me in this conversation. Remember. It's you who called my opinion invalid.

Hell if we are talking possibilities , maybe his wife is playing puppet master ? Maybe he was intoxicated during the interview . Maybe he's a Manchurian candidate ?

Or the more plausible , he just thinks the story should be about him , not the two old farts that it is still about. Hmmm.

But yes. Your thoughts could also be true. Again I made a comment about his comment on this match. Where he said they were 15 years too late for anybody to care. That's child speak and you know it. He's throwing shade because it isn't his party.

Even as a Tiger fan (be it a more rational, impartial one) what Rory said about it being “15 years to late” is on-point and true. 15 years ago Tiger and Phil were closer to their peaks… no? How can you dispute that? I also think if he was pushed further to explain this key point he correctly made he would have provided us with more insight as it being the key influence behind his change of mind on the match. Again, another very reasonable & POSSIBLE “explanation”… no?

When and where have I ever stayed your opinion is “invalid”? What I did provide were very likely / possible OTHER explanations. I then stated a recommendation to “try seeking to understand instead of racing to project onto others (what seems more likely) your own “pure hate & jealousy” stemming from your known Tiger-insecurities.”

All of which is likely, glaring and observable in your obsessive relationship and constant defensiveness towards anything Tiger.

The funny part of all this is you’re trying to shoot-down the messenger about something you’ve kind of admitted to yourself (in your more open moments) and deep down you (and your cheering support group) know all this stuff I’m highlighting to be true anyway.

straightshot7:

“That's not surprising at all. I don't expect this "match" to have global appeal. The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.

It's obviously not an event with the gravity to attract many International viewers. But, that doesn't mean it isn't an entertaining event for people who are big Tiger and Phil fans and avid U.S. golf enthusiasts.

I don't think anyone's pretending that this event rivals top PGA Tour events or Ryder Cups, etc.

It's not being promoted as a tournament with prestige or the weight of a Tour event or a Major championship. So I'm not sure why people are holding it to such a high standard.”

––––––––––––––––

Some fair points… hence my original posts/comment stating “It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match…” which you essentially support when saying “The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.”

Whether you “agree that it’s partly due to jealousy” is just your personal opinion based on nothing factual or credible… but more importantly that’s besides the whole point I’m challenging bladehunter’s absolute comment when he’s stating that there’s “no other explanation” when I easily put on the table two reasonable and very possible explanations. Unless you also see things in black & white / absolutes and also don’t believe these are and there are NO OTHER POSSIBLE explanations?

Excuse me, but this is what you typed. "likely stemming from Rory "witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

So what others say is just personal opinion and not based on fact, but what you wrote is purely rooted in fact and made credible how?

Ror's is absolutely mindfcked and is trying everything he can to get control over every aspect of his fragile psyche

Who cares about the RC? Truly and honestly it would have been the same 'ol show if not for Tiger's win @ East Lake.

15 years to late.. Not their money (which is incorrect).... They should donate it all to charity.... All this from a bunch of people who simply do not want to pay $20. -Just say that.. nobody can argue with how you want to spend your $

The more you try and convince everyone, the clearer the picture gets.

Titleist....

straightshot7:

“That's not surprising at all. I don't expect this "match" to have global appeal. The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.

It's not being promoted as a tournament with prestige or the weight of a Tour event or a Major championship. So I'm not sure why people are holding it to such a high standard.”

––––––––––––––––

Some fair points… hence my original posts/comment stating “It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match…which you essentially support when saying “The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.”

Because you believe he supports your argument, his opinion is of value or made credible? lmao.... You've got some issues.

Titleist....

Excuse me, but this is what you typed. "likely stemming from Rory "witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

So what others say is just personal opinion and not based on fact, but what you wrote is purely rooted in fact and made credible how?

Ror's is absolutely mindfcked and is trying everything he can to get control over every aspect of his fragile psyche

Who cares about the RC? Truly and honestly it would have been the same 'ol show if not for Tiger's win @ East Lake.

15 years to late.. Not their money (which is incorrect).... They should donate it all to charity.... All this from a bunch of people who simply do not want to pay $20. -Just say that.. nobody can argue with how you want to spend your $

The more you try and convince everyone, the clearer the picture gets.

Again, you’re still not getting the central point I was making in saying/giving examples (opinions or not) that there ARE plenty of possible explanations.

No wonder conversations don’t move along quickly.

straightshot7:

––––––––––––––––

Some fair points… hence my original posts/comment stating “It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match…which you essentially support when saying “The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.”

Because you believe he supports your argument, his opinion is of value or made credible? lmao.... You've got some issues.

I don’t “believe”... his words “The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.” clearly state he IS supporting my original statement.

And you think I’ve “got issues”.

straightshot7:

––––––––––––––––

Some fair points… hence my original posts/comment stating “It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match…” which you essentially support when saying “The majority of Tiger's fans are in the U.S. 95% of Phil's fans probably reside in the U.S.”

9326cc992786edecab9a2176d4ada9e9.jpg

^^^ Give 'em hell, blade. I'm still upset the CR ducked me in the other Tiger thread.

Never “ducked” a soul in my life, no reason to when I’m coming from a place of honesty, logic & truth. If you can re-post your previous post/comment/question I’ll happily respond to it shortly.

Post #985

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1454810-tiger-woods-no-timetable-for-my-return-to-golf/page__st__960

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Again, you’re still not getting the central point I was making in saying/giving examples (opinions or not) that there ARE plenty of possible explanations.

Perhaps everyone else isn't to blame?....

I am actually in agreement with bladehunter's comment, as I believe the animosity stem from deeply rooted anger and jealousy... Why else would he have elaborated as to reasons why he wouldn't watch, instead of simply staying quiet... (ie: Ror's wants to hear his name being mentioned and not Tiger or Phil's)

And I hear what you're saying, but I don't think your ears are open to others.....

Titleist....

Perhaps everyone else isn't to blame?....

I am actually in agreement with bladehunter's comment, as I believe the animosity stem from deeply rooted anger and jealousy... Why else would he have elaborated as to reasons why he wouldn't watch, instead of simply staying quiet... (ie: Ror's wants to hear his name being mentioned and not Tiger or Phil's)

And I hear what you're saying, but I don't think your ears are open to others.....

Rory just mad. Not winnin. TW kick his butt on TV.

Now he married, standing around Pottery Barn all day lookin at fabric swatches, holding shopping bags from Bulgari and Hermes instead of being like,

snoop-dogg-arriving-at-the-play-boy-club-pic-wireimage-178057079.jpg

bladehunter:

–––––––––

A little better… but you still didn't include the full/key quote I challenged you on when you said (and I quote)

bladehunter:

"That's pure hate and jealousy (from Rory). No other explanation."

––––––––––

In response I replied…

CR:

"Perhaps a perfectly reasonable "explanation" of Rory's change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

––––––––––

Even now you can't admit that a "perfectly reasonable "explanation" is either a "change of mind (which people can do btw)" and/or likely stemming from Rory "witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil's woeful performances at the Ryder Cup."

Instead of your black & white / absolute comment saying there's "No other explanation - That's pure hate and jealousy (from Rory)." both realities I simply highlighted (and you've repeatedly dodged) are very possible & very reasonable explanations, are they not?

Sure. I've not said you're opinion was invalid. You engaged me in this conversation. Remember. It's you who called my opinion invalid.

Hell if we are talking possibilities , maybe his wife is playing puppet master ? Maybe he was intoxicated during the interview . Maybe he's a Manchurian candidate ?

But yes. Your thoughts could also be true. Again I made a comment about his comment on this match. Where he said they were 15 years too late for anybody to care. That's child speak and you know it. He's throwing shade because it isn't his party.

Even as a Tiger fan (be it a more rational, impartial one) what Rory said about it being “15 years to late” is on-point and true. 15 years ago Tiger and Phil were closer to their peaks… no? How can you dispute that? I also think if he was pushed further to explain this key point he correctly made he would have provided us with more insight as it being the key influence behind his change of mind on the match. Again, another very reasonable & POSSIBLE “explanation”… no?

When and where have I ever stayed your opinion is “invalid”? What I did provide were very likely / possible OTHER explanations. I then stated a recommendation to “try seeking to understand instead of racing to project onto others (what seems more likely) your own “pure hate & jealousy” stemming from your known Tiger-insecurities.”

All of which is likely, glaring and observable in your obsessive relationship and constant defensiveness towards anything Tiger.

The funny part of all this is you’re trying to shoot-down the messenger about something you’ve kind of admitted to yourself (in your more open moments) and deep down you (and your cheering support group) know all this stuff I’m highlighting to be true anyway.

Look. You continue to be a “ right fighter “ as the great Dr Phil would call it. You can be right. Doesn’t matter to me.

But you’re “ advice” delivered in an accusatory or at least in a passive aggressive manner toward me is tired. You’re above spurt of sentences amount to saying “ you’re a jealous idiot who’s opinion I detest “.

I’d respect you if you came out and said that to me. But to hide behind a thin veil is just the opposite.

And by the by. If you look carefully. I called Phil winning this several days ago. I just have a feeling. Calling me a Tiger defender. Yet you feel like your Rory defense in this and other threads recently Is somehow not the same?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My club is considering purchasing the PPV if there's enough interest. If they do, I'll be heading over there to watch and have a few beers. If they don't, I'll gladly pay the fee to buy the PPV at home.

I think Tiger will win. I'm really looking forward to the mic'ed up banter and the side-bets.

I asked the GM at my club-they wanted $300 for PPV and he-understandably-passed. I don't blame him a bit as it would be unlikely he would make anywhere near that in additional sales.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar