Tiger vs. Phil in "The Match." **MERGED**

BenSeattle

Sponsors more than likely thought TW & PM match up would be similar to Wonderful World of Golf days when two top-notch pros competed for I believe 10k.

For many reasons I enjoyed those shows but NO interest in watching TW & PM, least of all for $20. The only people that come out ahead in that match-up are TW & PM. Should be interesting when the ratings come up and show reviews. :lol: :beach:

Do viewers "come out ahead" when tour players win tournaments or majors with prize pools in the millions? It's $20 bones... we are golfers who spend stupid $ to chase a white ball around some greenspace... This is hilarious! $20? "Come'on Man!"

If they watched the tourrnament for free, yes. Sponsors paid the freight. Your statement reminds me of people that lease because they never saved to buy or tip heavy even though they don't make enough money to merit excessive tipping.

I am not a club ho and don't buy just because I can afford to buy what I want. That's in part why people don't have savings or win the lotto and broke five years later. Plus, that $20 equates to 4-5 pay-per-view movies for the family. :beach:

Watched the tournament for free? Maybe if they are tapping into the antenna signal but you still have to buy an antenna for that and pay in the form of your time/brain power spent watching commercials.

You pay $5 for pay per view movies!? What a rip-off! Don't you know that movies are just a big cash grab for the studios and actors??

Avengers: worth 5 bucks.

This thing:

fantastic-four-tobias-arrested-development.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleache.../tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Apparently you can only stream Bleacher Report on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, so make sure to get one of those also.

Yeah, im sure it will be a regular black friday stampede at walmart...

giphy.gif

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleache.../tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Apparently you can only stream Bleacher Report on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, so make sure to get one of those also.

Just so your post is not misinterpreted, B/R is not the only place to watch, per their own website:

"The Match is available for purchase as a pay-per-view event through Bleacher Report Live, AT&T's DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse and other cable, satellite and telco providers."

More info was announced also, via @twspot:

Pre Match show (FREE to everyone through social media): 2PM ET as TW and PM warm up live on the range - hosted by Adam Lefkoe • Charles Barkley, Samuel L. Jackson (guests during pre match coverage)

• Play-by-play: Ernie Johnson •Color commentary: Peter Jacobson and Darren Clarke

•Pat Perez: Pre match coverage •Natalie Gulbis / Shane Bacon: Inside the ropes reporting •The Match begins at 3PM ET.

Yes, I should have been more clear, you can probably order this from your cable provider, if you get cable TV. I don't subscribe to cable TV so I need to stream it, B/R seems like the only option there. This is definitely a multi-million dollar mega event so I'm surprised they didn't get more streaming services onboard like YouTube or Twitch, hopefully TW and team will do better next time.

On another subject, it's still many days away, but the weather forecast calls for light rain on Friday, heavier rain on Saturday. If things change just a bit and it rains before / during the event, I could see Phil having the edge. In calm weather you don't bet against TW, but Phil is the master of the short game, he can make par from anywhere on the course. Should add some drama to the event.

If I were in Vegas right now I'd be refreshing the weather page every hour and placing down a big bet on Phil once / if rain looks to be in the cards.

I was thinking about watching until i saw Charles Barkley and Samuel L Jackson were going to be commentators Love to hear Sir Charles talk hoops, but not golf.

Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

I was thinking about watching until i saw Charles Barkley and Samuel L Jackson were going to be commentators Love to hear Sir Charles talk hoops, but not golf.

Pregame only I believe

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I haven't read through the whole thread, but is there any way to watch the match in Europe/Switzerland? I can't find any info on this. I've also writen to br.com and will see what they have to say.

Thanks in advance!

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

I haven't read through the whole thread, but is there any way to watch the match in Europe/Switzerland? I can't find any info on this. I've also writen to br.com and will see what they have to say.

Thanks in advance!

be interested to hear to, br website says not available although they do stream some international events.

poorly advertised so far

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

Tiger was on TNT last night. Ernie Johnson asked Tiger if he could get in Phil’s head. Tiger said, “I’ve been in Phil’s head for 20 something odd years. Just look at my win total.” Ooohhhh, dropping bombs.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

"Even with the money, McIlroy is now not interested. "Look, if they had a done it 15 years ago it would have been great," McIlroy said. "But nowadays, it's missed the mark a little bit."" https://golfweek.com...il-most-popular

Rory isn't wrong.

A few weeks ago he was interested and said he'd buy it. Now he changed his mind. He's better off using that 5 hours to work on his own game anyway.

Very true. He can use the 5 hours practice for sure.

Blows my mind he'd make this comment after not just seeing but experiencing the Sunday round at east lake with tiger. He got to taste how that is. And now says " eh. No big deal. Maybe 15 years ago ". That's pure hate and jealousy. No other explanation.

bladehunter:

“That’s pure hate and jealousy (from Rory). No other explanation.”

––––––––––

Perhaps a perfectly reasonable “explanation” of Rory’s change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.

Try seeking to understand instead of racing to project onto others (what seems more likely) your own “pure hate & jealousy” stemming from your known Tiger-insecurities. :fie: :not_i:

How many episodes are there going to be in this 24/7 hbo? It initially said a 3 or 4 part series, but don’t see when they can fit that in. I’ve only seen 1, am I missing something?

DRIVER --Rogue sub zero

FW- Rogue 3 wood
M2--5hl

IRONS--- jpx 900 forged 5-pw

WEDGES--T7-49-53-56-59

PUTTER-- scotty cameron buttonback

Sponsors more than likely thought TW & PM match up would be similar to Wonderful World of Golf days when two top-notch pros competed for I believe 10k.

For many reasons I enjoyed those shows but NO interest in watching TW & PM, least of all for $20. The only people that come out ahead in that match-up are TW & PM. Should be interesting when the ratings come up and show reviews. :lol: :beach:

Do viewers "come out ahead" when tour players win tournaments or majors with prize pools in the millions? It's $20 bones... we are golfers who spend stupid $ to chase a white ball around some greenspace... This is hilarious! $20? "Come'on Man!"

If they watched the tourrnament for free, yes. Sponsors paid the freight. Your statement reminds me of people that lease because they never saved to buy or tip heavy even though they don't make enough money to merit excessive tipping.

I am not a club ho and don't buy just because I can afford to buy what I want. That's in part why people don't have savings or win the lotto and broke five years later. Plus, that $20 equates to 4-5 pay-per-view movies for the family. :beach:

That is one hell of a broad brush you’re painting with there. We’re all very proud of you for being so fiscally responsible. I’ll see myself off your lawn now.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Utility 110F5

Mizuno Pro 221 5-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Piretti Teramo Oil Can
Titleist ProV1

Phil is really taking this seriously, looks like he's preparing for an entire week while TW is chilling in the Bahamas. Anyone know who's choosing the pin locations? I really hope the players don't know ahead of time, otherwise Phil is going to have a huge advantage from all his practice time. The guy can hit a thousand putts to the hole locations all week and probably even bring along notes (not sure about the rules there).

"Even with the money, McIlroy is now not interested. "Look, if they had a done it 15 years ago it would have been great," McIlroy said. "But nowadays, it's missed the mark a little bit."" https://golfweek.com...il-most-popular

Rory isn't wrong.

A few weeks ago he was interested and said he'd buy it. Now he changed his mind. He's better off using that 5 hours to work on his own game anyway.

Very true. He can use the 5 hours practice for sure.

Blows my mind he'd make this comment after not just seeing but experiencing the Sunday round at east lake with tiger. He got to taste how that is. And now says " eh. No big deal. Maybe 15 years ago ". That's pure hate and jealousy. No other explanation.

bladehunter:

“That’s pure hate and jealousy (from Rory). No other explanation.”

––––––––––

Perhaps a perfectly reasonable “explanation” of Rory’s change of mind (which people can do btw) stemmed from the golf Rory more recently witnessed first hand of Tiger & Phil’s woeful performances at the Ryder Cup.

Try seeking to understand instead of racing to project onto others (what seems more likely) your own “pure hate & jealousy” stemming from your known Tiger-insecurities. :fie: :not_i:

Your perceived head shrinking skills might be better used making tourist trinkets for a road side stand. No?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I watched one of the promos and it's so forced.

Tiger, again, of course, talking about his back surgery and his ACL/broken leg from 2008. Is there anyone in the history of sports who talks more about his injuries than Tiger? Hopefully Tiger has gotten together with Gregory Campbell so they can exchange notes on their broken leg stories.

They are trying to force this narrative that Tiger and Phil are buddy/buddy, exchanging texts during their hardships. The PGA's definition of best friends is pretty much if you text someone. How many great friend has Tiger had in the last five years? Rory, Notah, Day, Phil, Bryson, etc. It's so heartwarming!

A couple friends are getting together to watch it. We’ll all throw in $5. Wasn’t going to, but why not? Two of my favorite golfers of all time getting together to have a fun round. I hope they both mic’d.

I would do this but I have no friends. Plus, then I have to share me leftovers.

I might take a turkey leg with me go stand outside the neighbors window and watch for a while.

10336589_10203805721210758_8019912297969504714_n-300x300.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I have been searching the list of international TV broadcasters with no luck.

If possible for you gents, using a proxy service to mask your location would allow you to purchase live streams that are only available for the US or North American markets. :)

Titleist....

bladehunter:

“Your perceived head shrinking skills might be better used making tourist trinkets for a road side stand. No?”

––––––––––

Whenever a person can’t argue against the facts and common sense of a post, all there’s left for them is an attempted subject change and/or personal put-downs… meet bladehunter everyone.

Thanks in advance!

I have been searching the list of international TV broadcasters with no luck.

It is interesting few if any outside of the USA really cares about this match...

Just so your post is not misinterpreted, B/R is not the only place to watch, per their own website:

"The Match is available for purchase as a pay-per-view event through Bleacher Report Live, AT&T's DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse and other cable, satellite and telco providers."

More info was announced also, via @twspot:

Pre Match show (FREE to everyone through social media): 2PM ET as TW and PM warm up live on the range - hosted by Adam Lefkoe • Charles Barkley, Samuel L. Jackson (guests during pre match coverage)

• Play-by-play: Ernie Johnson •Color commentary: Peter Jacobson and Darren Clarke

•Pat Perez: Pre match coverage •Natalie Gulbis / Shane Bacon: Inside the ropes reporting •The Match begins at 3PM ET.

I am probably overthinking this, but when I see the lineup of hosts/commentators I can't help but thinking what category do these people fall into:

1. Never enough money so I have got to work for any amount the day after Thanksgiving

2. I hate family so I will work this event for any amount of money

3. My family hates me so I might as well go work

4. I live in Vegas so why not?

5. There's never enough worshiping at the altar of Tiger

Or some combo of the above...

DVR primed for HD fun, I think this is going to be fun to watch, and on DVR can FF through any lulls...I know I'm $20 poorer, but worth it to me.

2021 Bag Update:

Epic Max LS - MMT 60S

Epic Flash 5 Wood

Epic 3/4 Hybrids

Apex '21 Irons 5-7  MMT95 TT

Apex Pro '21 Irons 8-A  MMT95 TT

PM Grind Slate Wedges 58/64

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

B330 XS Yellow

bladehunter:

“Your perceived head shrinking skills might be better used making tourist trinkets for a road side stand. No?”

––––––––––

Whenever a person can’t argue against the facts and common sense of a post, all there’s left for them is an attempted subject change and/or personal put-downs… meet bladehunter everyone.

A psychiatrist selling shrunken heads on the side of the road does conjure a humorous visual ; )