Tiger vs. Phil in "The Match." **MERGED**

BenSeattle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil is very serious about preparing for Tiger https://www.instagra...ton_share_sheet

WTH ? Phil. Are you falling apart ??

I guess this is how golfers think you hype a PPV golf match, this footage will be included in his training video montage before the round starts.

I’m guessing “ eye of the tiger “ plays for tiger. Wonder which song Phil’s montage will be set to ?

Appreciate a heads up on how I can get this via Sling TV, if at all possible. I'd like to record and watch later.

You’re a slinger ????? Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Phil and TW like

giphy.gif

LOL!

Dolla Dolla Bill ya'll!

Money, it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream

Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back

I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack

Money, it's a hit

Don't give me that do goody good bull$hit

I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

And I think I need a Lear jet

Tiger-Woods-Private-Jet.jpg

That post is Money!

Great event planning and promotion! Even the fractional minority that are interested in watching don't even know how or if they can access it. #whatajoke

It's PPV... if you pay for Cable (which means you pay to watch golf anyway!) it's available on those specific channels.. Incredibly easy actually...

Titleist....

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleacherreport.com/tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Apparently you can only stream Bleacher Report on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, so make sure to get one of those also.

Great event planning and promotion! Even the fractional minority that are interested in watching don't even know how or if they can access it. #whatajoke

It's PPV... if you pay for Cable (which means you pay to watch golf anyway!) it's available on those specific channels.. Incredibly easy actually...

If you pay for cable sure. But given that cord cutting has accelerated and a record number, 1.2Million jumped ship last quarter alone, the market for traditional ppv shrinks. The fact is that plenty of cord cutters aren't clear on how to get this event or if it can be recorded = trouble.

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleache.../tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Apparently you can only stream Bleacher Report on Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, so make sure to get one of those also.

1x03_Bringing_Up_Buster_02.png

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleache.../tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Great info, thanks. Looks like I can watch a replay for 48 hours.

You can pre-order The Match stream from https://live.bleacherreport.com/tiger-vs-phil/ right now. I suggest to pre-order and not wait until the last minute, demand could be very high at the last minute and I'm not sure their payment processor can handle the traffic.

Just so your post is not misinterpreted, B/R is not the only place to watch, per their own website:

"The Match is available for purchase as a pay-per-view event through Bleacher Report Live, AT&T's DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse and other cable, satellite and telco providers."

More info was announced also, via @twspot:

Pre Match show (FREE to everyone through social media): 2PM ET as TW and PM warm up live on the range - hosted by Adam Lefkoe • Charles Barkley, Samuel L. Jackson (guests during pre match coverage)

• Play-by-play: Ernie Johnson •Color commentary: Peter Jacobson and Darren Clarke

•Pat Perez: Pre match coverage •Natalie Gulbis / Shane Bacon: Inside the ropes reporting •The Match begins at 3PM ET.

Just so your post is not misinterpreted, B/R is not the only place to watch, per their own website:

"The Match is available for purchase as a pay-per-view event through Bleacher Report Live, AT&T's DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse and other cable, satellite and telco providers."

Pre Match show (FREE to everyone through social media): 2PM ET as TW and PM warm up live on the range - hosted by Adam Lefkoe • Charles Barkley, Samuel L. Jackson (guests during pre match coverage)

• Play-by-play: Ernie Johnson •Color commentary: Peter Jacobson and Darren Clarke

•Pat Perez: Pre match coverage •Natalie Gulbis / Shane Bacon: Inside the ropes reporting •The Match begins at 3PM ET.

How did PP get on this after he insulted TW?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pat-perez-on-tiger-woods-he-knows-he-cant-beat-anybody

He must have gone down to Jupiter and washed some of TWs cars or something.

How did PP get on this after he insulted TW?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pat-perez-on-tiger-woods-he-knows-he-cant-beat-anybody

He must have gone down to Jupiter and washed some of TWs cars or something.

I snorted.

What a specticle.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Lol ^^

Hate to say this aloud. But I'm having a premonition. I fear for Tiger.

Think about it. Phil has the underdog card. No real pressure , comparatively , and he knows the course pretty well. Tiger will have to show up I fear. And he just may. But I don't see the blowout most are predicting.

ohhh...i thought you guys weren't interested in the match? just interested enough to post on an online forum about it...got it :taunt:

Sam L??? Awesome ! I hope to hear some references to mr Wolfe and a bible story or two. Can’t wait !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Only these two people can pull this off.

Its funny to read how much people hate Tiger and Phil.

I suppose I would feel the same way if this match was Old Jordan Speith vs [insert 2nd Great African American golfer]

You people on here get to talk about golf because of Tiger Woods.

Sickening to think that there are some folks on here that would prefer a Peter Jacobson on the cover of golf video games and Corey Pavin life size cutouts in golf stores.

Lets make it 1995 again!

Please dont watch golf ever again. Please exit the game. Nobody wants you.

great post...imakaveli...this should ring close to home

Lol ^^

Hate to say this aloud. But I'm having a premonition. I fear for Tiger.

Think about it. Phil has the underdog card. No real pressure , comparatively , and he knows the course pretty well. Tiger will have to show up I fear. And he just may. But I don't see the blowout most are predicting.

ohhh...i thought you guys weren't interested in the match? just interested enough to post on an online forum about it...got it :taunt:

Huh? Who said I wasn’t interested ? My account hacked ? If so please teach it how to spell check.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sponsors more than likely thought TW & PM match up would be similar to Wonderful World of Golf days when two top-notch pros competed for I believe 10k.

For many reasons I enjoyed those shows but NO interest in watching TW & PM, least of all for $20. The only people that come out ahead in that match-up are TW & PM. Should be interesting when the ratings come up and show reviews. :lol: :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Sponsors more than likely thought TW & PM match up would be similar to Wonderful World of Golf days when two top-notch pros competed for I believe 10k.

For many reasons I enjoyed those shows but NO interest in watching TW & PM, least of all for $20. The only people that come out ahead in that match-up are TW & PM. Should be interesting when the ratings come up and show reviews. :lol: :beach:

Do viewers "come out ahead" when tour players win tournaments or majors with prize pools in the millions? It's $20 bones... we are golfers who spend stupid $ to chase a white ball around some greenspace... This is hilarious! $20? "Come'on Man!"

Titleist....

If you pay for cable sure. But given that cord cutting has accelerated and a record number, 1.2Million jumped ship last quarter alone, the market for traditional ppv shrinks. The fact is that plenty of cord cutters aren't clear on how to get this event or if it can be recorded = trouble.

Those who have "cut the cord" should have learned in advance how they would go about watching their favorite movies and shows.... I did mention the Reddit, links so perhaps that will work for you?

If not, google is your friend and fyi, any digital stream can be captured and copied... again, search and you will find!

Titleist....

Do viewers "come out ahead" when tour players win tournaments or majors with prize pools in the millions? It's $20 bones... we are golfers who spend stupid $ to chase a white ball around some greenspace... This is hilarious! $20? "Come'on Man!"

I watched the HBO special the other day and was filmed pretty nicely. I'll pay the $20 for no commercials over 4 hours, gladly.

I watched the HBO special the other day and was filmed pretty nicely. I'll pay the $20 for no commercials over 4 hours, gladly.

I predict you watch one hole, be like, "man, this so lame"

And flip over to,

YellowishGleefulAddax-size_restricted.gif

; )

If they watched the tourrnament for free, yes. Sponsors paid the freight. Your statement reminds me of people that lease because they never saved to buy or tip heavy even though they don't make enough money to merit excessive tipping.

I am not a club ho and don't buy just because I can afford to buy what I want. That's in part why people don't have savings or win the lotto and broke five years later. Plus, that $20 equates to 4-5 pay-per-view movies for the family. :beach:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Those who have "cut the cord" should have learned in advance how they would go about watching their favorite movies and shows.... I did mention the Reddit, links so perhaps that will work for you?

If not, google is your friend and fyi, any digital stream can be captured and copied... again, search and you will find!

I get that and I can personally figure out how to watch anything. But other people obviously don't and this event with so little interest can't afford to lose any potential audience.

Also let's be real clear, not a single person here said $20 is too much money, it's just not worth it. Gone is the guy that only has an hour to watch. Gone is the casual viewer, gone is the channel flipper that stumbles upon it.

Great you like it, so watch it. But you are in a fractional minority with interest. It's pretty bad when only 17% of the most avid golf fans said they will watch http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1684238-will-you-pay-to-watch-tiger-v-phil/

The banter here on wrx will be significantly more entertaining.

If they watched the tourrnament for free, yes. Sponsors paid the freight. Your statement reminds me of people that lease because they never saved to buy or tip heavy even though they don't make enough money to merit excessive tipping.

I am not a club ho and don't buy just because I can afford to buy what I want. That's in part why people don't have savings or win the lotto and broke five years later. Plus, that $20 equates to 4-5 pay-per-view movies for the family. :beach:

Watched the tournament for free? Maybe if they are tapping into the antenna signal but you still have to buy an antenna for that and pay in the form of your time/brain power spent watching commercials.

You pay $5 for pay per view movies!? What a rip-off! Don't you know that movies are just a big cash grab for the studios and actors??