Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

kjrules

It’s objectively very loud. Even on YouTube videos. The pitch is distinct and high. Haven’t hit it yet and I am eager to give it a shot but anyone who says it’s sound is what people would traditionally describe as pleasant is either deaf or biased. I lived with the g30 for a while but it became tiresome and has made me hesitate to return to ping drivers. Was hoping to have a M5 vs flash shout out this year, but I am a bit concerned by what I’m hearing.

If Phil is playing the Flash this week, then it is definitely loud, higher pitched and "tinty". Then again, he probably hitting it a lot harder than I can.

He's actually playing the Rogue yet. Hadwin tee'd off right after him. Hadwin's driver sounded a lot more muted than Mickelson. He's a Callaway guy isn't he? Wonder if he has the Flash, or maybe the original Epic yet.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

If Phil is playing the Flash this week, then it is definitely loud, higher pitched and "tinty". Then again, he probably hitting it a lot harder than I can.

Wrong!!

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

He's actually playing the Rogue yet. Hadwin tee'd off right after him. Hadwin's driver sounded a lot more muted than Mickelson. He's a Callaway guy isn't he? Wonder if he has the Flash, or maybe the original Epic yet.

I've seen very little of the coverage. Just saw a couple of drives by Phil. Didn't know if he had switched drivers or not.

I've seen very little of the coverage. Just saw a couple of drives by Phil. Didn't know if he had switched drivers or not.

You'd think he would have. He's usually an early adopter. He's crushing the Rogue though. Carrying it over the youngens that he's playing with.

Edit: just saw a pic of Hadwin from today. Also playing the Rogue.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

It’s amazing...

We have guys making comments about a driver noise from the couch... with a driver that’s not even the one being discussed as loud.

We have others making comments about the driver who have only hit it indoors.

We have others making comments about the driver’s loud noise who have switched deals and still coming back to voice their displeasure with the noise daily.

I don’t have any skin in the game as i have to pay for my clubs but I know golf store employees and owners, club pros, and a bunch of quality players and everyone is talking about what a good year Callaway is going to have yet again (especially in driver sales).

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

It’s amazing...

We have guys making comments about a driver noise from the couch... with a driver that’s not even the one being discussed as loud.

We have others making comments about the driver’s loud noise who have switched deals and still coming back to voice their displeasure with the noise daily.

I don’t have any skin in the game as i have to pay for my clubs but I know golf store employees and owners, club pros, and a bunch of quality players and everyone is talking about what a good year Callaway is going to have yet again (especially in driver sales).

Hey man. It's all I have to go off. Haven't seen or hit it yet. Some say it's not bad, others make it sound like it will give you cancer.

I am curious as it's the biggest negative showing up in almost every review.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I hit it indoors and only every thought about the sound once, on a mishit.

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

It’s amazing...

Hey man. It's all I have to go off. Haven't seen or hit it yet. Some say it's not bad, others make it sound like it will give you cancer.

Well it sounds like someone has skin in the game => “everyone is talking about? “ . This comment seems a little unbalanced.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

It’s amazing...

Well it sounds like someone has skin in the game => “everyone is talking about? “ . This comment seems a little unbalanced.

Good one... put your right shoe back on

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

phil was definitely hitting Epic Flash

I have heard much different sounds come from different players. I thought when Xander was hitting his the week he won it sounded fine. I was watching the Singapore Open last night and some guy was hitting it, sounded awful, reminded me of my demo.

I will take the head out again on course with my shaft and a TP5x this Spring and see if my thoughts change.

Epic Flash SZ didnt sound any louder than Rogue SZ and look on topline much better with Flash

I have heard much different sounds come from different players. I thought when Xander was hitting his the week he won it sounded fine. I was watching the Singapore Open last night and some guy was hitting it, sounded awful, reminded me of my demo.

I will take the head out again on course with my shaft and a TP5x this Spring and see if my thoughts change.

Epic Flash SZ didnt sound any louder than Rogue SZ and look on topline much better with Flash

Uh...I have both...and I find that hard to believe that they sound the same for you..its not close...unless you had hot melt done...but I agree on the shape and topline

He has ef headcover. Callaway’s confirmed he isn’t playing it yet though. Some of their pros are bad some aren’t.

you left out the word headcover. He had the flash headcover but rogue driver.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Nope, he’s still playing the Rogue

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Heard the Flash not only at the LPGA TOC this weekend, but also next to me on the range today. It sounds terrible. Tinny hollow beer can.

My rogue is way better.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Not sure if anyone's answered this...

If you order the Epic Flash SZ with a longer shaft how do they adjust the head weight to keep the swing weight at the specified number?

Typically Callaway doesn't adjust swingweight for overlength or shortened clubs.

Hmmm. OK. Found a couple of places that sell custom weights, may have to play around with them but it’s a pretty expensive experiment!

How hard is it to remove the track weight at the back?

Not sure if anyone's answered this...

If you order the Epic Flash SZ with a longer shaft how do they adjust the head weight to keep the swing weight at the specified number?

Typically Callaway doesn't adjust swingweight for overlength or shortened clubs.

Hmmm. OK. Found a couple of places that sell custom weights, may have to play around with them but it's a pretty expensive experiment!

How hard is it to remove the track weight at the back?

Not hard at all. Back the screw out and the weight will lift out of the track.

It’s objectively very loud. Even on YouTube videos. The pitch is distinct and high. Haven’t hit it yet and I am eager to give it a shot but anyone who says it’s sound is what people would traditionally describe as pleasant is either deaf or biased. I lived with the g30 for a while but it became tiresome and has made me hesitate to return to ping drivers. Was hoping to have a M5 vs flash shout out this year, but I am a bit concerned by what I’m hearing.

I played 9 holes with a couple of local pros last week who were both hitting Epic Flash SZ’s. Other than a slightly higher pitch than I noticed with the Rogue they didn’t sound any louder and I was standing right next to them when they hit tee balls. Not sure what shafts they were using. I know one as playing a chrome soft x and the other was using a titleist Pro V1.

I would think if Callaway's pros want to stay with the Rogue, they could. It is not going to be deleted from their lineup just like they did not remove the Epic. They had quite a few staffer playing the Epic last year.

But like with the epic when rogue came out Callaway is going to push the rogue to the side even though they are different lines.

Just another reason for Callaway to not make it into the bag for me.