Callaway epic flash? is this legit? (New Pics added Pg 1)

kjrules

Got fitted yesterday for a new driver on GC quad with my gamer balls and my PGA pro coach. I have not bought a new driver in 7 years since I bought my used demo Ping I25 for 200$! Every year I would take in my I25 and compare to the latest and greatest and the I25 would still beat them all... So I have been using it since.

But I have struggled mightily with dispersion and the dreaded hook left for the past two seasons. Each time I would talk to a fitter, they just wanted to force me into the company they knew best or represented. My current coach is certified by all the major manufactures to fit and has no bias so I was really excited.

Went in with no expectations but very curious about the Cobra F9 and Epic Flash SZ. Shocked by the results.

Swing speed 102-104

by far best results with the Epic Flash standard head, 9.0 degrees, Tensei AV blue 65g X flex (X-flex!?), with the weight moved over 3/4 to fade bias.

Missiles. Bullets. Dead straight and 300-310. Unbelievable confidence. I could step on it and it would not turn over left, only baby draws. I seriously think I could just swing free and hit the narrowest of fairways with this thing. Distance was 0.4 yds longer with S flex in multiple shafts but was missing lots left. I was also 2 yards longer with M5 but dispersion was all over place (ahem, hook left) no matter what setting or shaft. And the feeling at impact (very important to me) with the TM's seemed dead. Cobra felt really good but shorter than my ideal Flash setup by 9 yds and dispersion was a bit worse.

My swing speed for most charts is S flex, and my transition is fairly smooth. Because of these factors, I have never even considered x-flex with my swing, have always been S flex. I thought if anything in the Callaway kit I would be S flex Tensei or S flex HZRDS smoke. The Tensei X-flex was amazing though. Felt almost exactly the same as S-flex, not dead, not like a board, actually quite lively. It brought my flight and dispersion together incredibly.

I used to spin the driver over 3000 until last year. I have moved the ball forward in my stance last year and started teeing a bit higher, which has brought launch up and spin down. Now, my swing is such that the SZ head spins too little for me... I was surprised by this. In the end the SZ rolled out to 300, but the carry and launch were so much better with the standard head.

Anyway, get fit by a good pro. Takes a good couple of hours at least. Don't rush it. Keep an open mind.

The Flash feels amazing and really performs for my swing. Now to pick the colour scheme... I am thinking either all black, or all black with just red rails.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there is no chance you are getting 300-310y consistently with a 102-104mph swing speed. That launch monitor is jacked up big time and I would question any results you get from it.

For reference I have been at club champion a couple times recently and on a trackman I am getting 110mph average swing speed and my longest driver (out of many dozens) was 308y (that was on a 112.3mph swing and really good launch conditions as confirmed by trackman optimizer that said with every number perfect it could have gotten to 314y at 112.3mph). Average drives were more in the 290 - 295y range.

And finally, all of my yardages are confirmed on the course in real world with laser rangefinder measurements.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but Trackman is notoriously incapable of accurately measuring club head speed. So trying to figure out distances based on club head speed is almost futile. Trackman is great for ball data though, so talking ball speed, launch angle, spin (axis and rpm) would be much more productive.

So I have the printout, but I had to ask my coach because there are a couple of mistakes. He entered the head as 10.5 but its actually the 9.0 degree model. He also didn't have the shaft length correct. It was standard length.

297 distance on 102 SS

How do I post a PDF or clip of a screenshot into a post?

CH Speed: 102

Back Spin: 1966

Launch Angle: 16.00

Distance: 296.6 yds

Offline: -14.8 Left (This included swings before putting the weight over to the fade bias. This number was coming down with each swing with it on fade bias as they were generally missing left in neutral)

Descent Angle: 39.60

What was your ball speed during your fitting? Also, was the GC Quad set up for full club head data recording using the metal dots on the club face? If not, the GC Quad may be off a bit on the club head data. Regardless, the ball data you're reporting should have been accurate enough to make relative comparisons among the different drivers you tried out.

Congrats on finding a driver that works well for you! It looks like you've achieved the "high-launch low-spin" goal that a lot of players search for. For the custom color options on the Epic Flash, I really like the all-black look.

300+ total yds, not sure what the carry was, it depended on launch angle and spin for each strike. I would sometimes get ones that came out low, felt like crap, fell out of the sky, and then ran for miles for crap carry but a good total distance number, but obviously not what I would want in game play. Not sure what is used for the friction factor on the fairway. In reality it all depends on firmness of fairway and how short the grass is.

I guess for that matter, carry is the more important number in fitting. But some idea of rollout matters. 2 drives both with 280 carry will end totally different if there is a significant difference in spin or launch.

Nothing was "jacked up"N I can try to get the printout that shows the avg carry, launch, spin, clubhead and ball speed etc if you want me to prove it, though I don't really feel like I need to prove anything to you. Just was excited to post my fitting experience and my new Flash romance. First time properly fit for a driver in 7 years.

I am not asking you to prove anything. And based on your numbers posted, that launch monitor is way jacked up. Big Time!

Your numbers:

Offline: -14.8 Left (This included swings before putting the weight over to the fade bias. This number was coming down with each swing with it on fade bias as they were generally missing left in neutral)

You are not going to get 297y out of 102mph swing. You can use flightscope optimizer to prove it:

https://flightscope....tory-optimizer/

Your carry is 247y with those numbers. And with soft ground you get 251y total, medium at 256y, and hard ground you get 273y. No where near 297y. Note: I assumed a rather generous, albeit reasonable smash factor of 1.47 and 150mph ball speed (but even a perfect smash of 1.50 and hard ground doesn't even get you over 280y). You are in Comox, so I put in near sea level. At 6000 feet above sea level (if you play golf in the mountains), you might get close to 300y with those numbers.

I was just trying to help you understand that the launch monitor is jacked up and giving you really bad info. You can choose to ignore my posts, and that is your prerogative.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope you do hit them 300y+ on the course.

So I have the printout, but I had to ask my coach because there are a couple of mistakes. He entered the head as 10.5 but its actually the 9.0 degree model. He also didn't have the shaft length correct. It was standard length.

297 distance on 102 SS

How do I post a PDF or clip of a screenshot into a post?

What was your ball speed during your fitting? Also, was the GC Quad set up for full club head data recording using the metal dots on the club face? If not, the GC Quad may be off a bit on the club head data. Regardless, the ball data you're reporting should have been accurate enough to make relative comparisons among the different drivers you tried out.

Congrats on finding a driver that works well for you! It looks like you've achieved the "high-launch low-spin" goal that a lot of players search for. For the custom color options on the Epic Flash, I really like the all-black look.

I agree that trackman is not best for clubhead speed.

I hit over 100 drivers on trackman in the low 160mph ball speeds (10+mph higher than youngdad) and still didn't average anywhere near 297y total. My best shot out of those 100+ balls was:

112.3 mph CHS

165.2 mph ball speed

14.2 launch angle

2440 spin

288.9y carry

308.8y total

10.8 feet offline

Hit a lot of different combos and they averaged 285y total to 295y total. About 20y less carry.

I'll never understand the Packers color scheme on the Flash woods. I know they do market research on this stuff. Yet 90% of the guys on this forum hate it. Who in the world did they ask? Who said they liked it? Just terrible marketing in my opinion. I also agree with Rick Shiels that they should have just named it "Callaway Flash." Bringing back the Epic name after only a one year break is dumb IMO.

The all black color scheme you can get on "Customs" should have been standard from day one:

https://www.callaway...3486.1543671667

Having said that, I've tested all of the new stuff now and the driver does perform. For me the only thing close was the Titleist TS3. I could definitely play that club.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

I'll never understand the Packers color scheme on the Flash woods. I know they do market research on this stuff. Yet 90% of the guys on this forum hate it. Who in the world did they ask? Who said they liked it? Just terrible marketing in my opinion. I also agree with Rick Shiels that they should have just named it "Callaway Flash." Bringing back the Epic name after only a one year break is dumb IMO.

The all black color scheme you can get on "Customs" should have been standard from day one:

Having said that, I've tested all of the new stuff now and the driver does perform. For me the only thing close was the Titleist TS3. I could definitely play that club.

Their market research could have also told them that green and yellow would be the most likely color scheme people would want to change...Callaway is does also offer their "Customs" paint program that very, very few people opt for. Maybe they chose these paint colors because they tested out to be the colors that people were most likely to pay to change? This driver (Flash) launch has generated the most talk about paying extra for different colors of any that I can remember.

Rick Shiels isn’t the brightest reviewer on the internet, but he seems like a likeable guy so that’s probably why he’s been successful. He didn’t seem to understand that Epic was still a current driver last year and that Rogue wasn’t an Epic replacement. Just like EF replaces Epic and Rogue is still current. So basically that’s a long way of saying the name Epic never took a break or needed to be “brought back.”

MNG

Epic Flash SZ vs Rogue SZ

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Their market research could have also told them that green and yellow would be the most likely color scheme people would want to change...Callaway is does also offer their "Customs" paint program that very, very few people opt for. Maybe they chose these paint colors because they tested out to be the colors that people were most likely to pay to change? This driver (Flash) launch has generated the most talk about paying extra for different colors of any that I can remember.

Talk about "conspiracy theory". :rolleyes:

Their market research could have also told them that people don't care about the bottom of the club.

The EPIC of 2 seasons ago was the most talked about any driver I can remember. I was in SE Asia at the time and had just bought a new driver (my current Fusion) a couple of months before and wanted to buy the Epic at around $700 USD "ON THE BLIND". :rolleyes:

The Rogue did nothing for me at all. I think it's far more likely the Cally folks wanted to "revive" the Epic enthusiasm generated by the original; which includes the very recognizable color scheme. (cool)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Their market research could have also told them that people don't care about the bottom of the club.

The EPIC of 2 seasons ago was the most talked about any driver I can remember. I was in SE Asia at the time and had just bought a new driver (my current Fusion) a couple of months before and wanted to buy the Epic at around $700 USD "ON THE BLIND". :rolleyes:

The Rogue did nothing for me at all. I think it's far more likely the Cally folks wanted to "revive" the Epic enthusiasm generated by the original; which includes the very recognizable color scheme. (cool)

Well, when reps "jokingly" mention the Customs option regarding the club's colors, I'd say it's at least something they did consider to some extent. Probably not the primary driver, but Callaway does want to make more use of its Customs customization department.

Well, when reps "jokingly" mention the Customs option regarding the club's colors, I'd say it's at least something they did consider to some extent. Probably not the primary driver, but Callaway does want to make more use of its Customs customization department.

Guess we'll have to agree to "disagree",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw:

Titleist Pro V1X

Guess we'll have to agree to "disagree",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw:

If I wasn't dealing with these companies on an almost daily basis I might think otherwise. But in seeing the direction Callaway has been taking over recent years, I firmly personally believe there's some thought of using the Customs program in these colors recently used on their woods. I don't think it's any coincidence that the most polarizing colors (Epic, Rogue, Flash) have come while they have been more active in pushing the Customs program. But, that could be clouded by my dislike of what they are doing as a company. /End of rant. Lol. Back to the Flash.

I had a chance to hit the SZ today, using the shaft from my Epic SZ, and here’s a few impressions (no launch monitor, just ball flight with average to crappy range balls):

-The sound is higher pitched than the original Epic (I never really hit the Rogue, so can’t compare), but I really didn’t think it was loud or unpleasant. This is hitting from an covered range bay, so sound is amplified compared to being fully outdoors.

-Moving the sliding weight to either side really felt like it affected the balance of the head. It was a small sample, but the couple shots I hit with the weight in the fade & draw positions curved in the direction of the setting. I really didn’t feel comfortable with how much it felt like the clubhead wanted to turn open or closed in those settings. If I were to play this club, I’d probably keep the weight in the center.

-Performance-wise, it seemed pretty similar to my Epic SZ. I hit a couple with my club first, and it honestly looked like mine was longer when hit well (Again, no numbers, just eyeball test). I did heel a couple with the Flash SZ, and those looked like they flew better than what I see currently.

-the line on the crown isn’t my favorite thing, but it’s not distracting, and the overall head shape is a great classic shape.

I’m still planning to get some numbers, but my initial impression is that the Flash probably won’t be booting my Epic SZ out of the bag.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I've said it a few times in a few threads but I think people must think I'm crazy. Colors are often chosen and factored based on visibility and less on what customers want to buy off the rack. Go ask Taylormade executives what the smartest decision they ever made was and a handful will tell you it was making driver heads white. For the first time ever, the casual golfer and golf watcher knew right away, without a shadow of a doubt, which players on TV were playing Taylormade drivers and who was playing everything else. They claimed #1 driver forever but most people had no idea that guys with Mizuno, Cleveland, etc. on their hats and bags were using Taylormade drivers. This showed transparency to the fact that if the best players were given a choice, they wanted to play a Taylormade driver. Callaway is using the same concept here with the colors. If it can look good to the players but still stand out on Television every week, it's going to influence more people to go down and try/buy one. This method is more effective than having a rack full of drivers painted a color people are accustomed to seeing.

If I wasn't dealing with these companies on an almost daily basis I might think otherwise. But in seeing the direction Callaway has been taking over recent years, I firmly personally believe there's some thought of using the Customs program in these colors recently used on their woods. I don't think it's any coincidence that the most polarizing colors (Epic, Rogue, Flash) have come while they have been more active in pushing the Customs program. But, that could be clouded by my dislike of what they are doing as a company. /End of rant. Lol. Back to the Flash.

This conspiracy theory is so bogus. Yes the custom painted one costs the consumer an extra $70, but it also has to cost more to produce. Simple cost/quantity modeling shows us the less of a sku you make the more it will cost to make it per unit. It would be far more beneficial for Callaway to make one color option and sell the crap out of it. The notion that they want to push people into spending an extra $70 in some scheme to make more money is just out there. Like Area 51 out there.

Can anyone provide the weight amount for the sliding track weight and the sub zero front weight? Thanks in advance

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Can anyone provide the weight amount for the sliding track weight and the sub zero front weight? Thanks in advance

Stock front weight is 2, stock sliding weight is 12.

Thank you

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

So, I finally had the opportunity to hit the epic flash Sub-Zero. this thing was not as offencive sounding as I was led to believe. In fact, I was hitting it next to the M5, and wasn't really able to notice any audible difference. But, it was indoors which can have an effect on sound.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

So, I was able to get outside and hit the Flash today and I guess it shows that feel and perceived sound are pretty subjective. I thought it felt fantastic and didn't notice it being loud or "pingy" at all... No monitor data and the wind was howling at 15-20mph, just wanted to get a feel for it. I was hitting it against my M4 with a HZRDUS Yellow HC. I tested the Tensei AV Blue and the HZRDUS Smoke.

I should probably note that sound/looks/feel isn't really something that bothers me in general. I know some people are a little OCD and can't get past some aesthetic components, but nothing about the look/sound/feel bothered me at all.

The first thing I noticed was that the club felt like it swung itself. The easier I swung, the flatter the ball flight and better results. I would say that on average I was launching it a bit lower than my M4, but not by a lot. Between the Smoke and Tensei, it was really close, but I think I got a flatter flight out of the smoke and it felt incredibly smooth. Its hard to put into words, but it really just felt so easy to swing, whereas sometimes with my current setup, it feels like I have to do some work. Maybe it's just the perfect sw for me or whatever, but color me impressed with my first impressions. I plan to get out and hit the SZ model in the next week or so and will follow up.

So I was able to play 9 with the SZ today. I thought the feel was similar to the standard but the sound was VERY different. It was much louder, not obnoxious imo, but definitely quite a bit louder than the std. As I posted earlier, sound doesnt carry much weight in my mind so it really didnt bother me. I know it would for some people, but I’m more result oriented than feel/sound/looks.

It was really wet out and most drives got < 5 yds of roll. I was hitting 2nd shots from the same places (or a little longer/closer) than I was with my M4 in the summer with roll. Ball flight was a little lower which I can play around with some settings but very tight dispersion and LOW spin. I’ve always been a good driver of the ball but have struggled with distance due to higher spin numbers. I really liked it, havent tried many other new offerings, but this was fantastic for a first run in February.

300+ total yds, not sure what the carry was, it depended on launch angle and spin for each strike. I would sometimes get ones that came out low, felt like crap, fell out of the sky, and then ran for miles for crap carry but a good total distance number, but obviously not what I would want in game play. Not sure what is used for the friction factor on the fairway. In reality it all depends on firmness of fairway and how short the grass is.

I guess for that matter, carry is the more important number in fitting. But some idea of rollout matters. 2 drives both with 280 carry will end totally different if there is a significant difference in spin or launch.

Nothing was "jacked up"N I can try to get the printout that shows the avg carry, launch, spin, clubhead and ball speed etc if you want me to prove it, though I don't really feel like I need to prove anything to you. Just was excited to post my fitting experience and my new Flash romance. First time properly fit for a driver in 7 years.

I am not asking you to prove anything. And based on your numbers posted, that launch monitor is way jacked up. Big Time!

Your numbers:

You are not going to get 297y out of 102mph swing. You can use flightscope optimizer to prove it:

Your carry is 247y with those numbers. And with soft ground you get 251y total, medium at 256y, and hard ground you get 273y. No where near 297y. Note: I assumed a rather generous, albeit reasonable smash factor of 1.47 and 150mph ball speed (but even a perfect smash of 1.50 and hard ground doesn't even get you over 280y). You are in Comox, so I put in near sea level. At 6000 feet above sea level (if you play golf in the mountains), you might get close to 300y with those numbers.

I was just trying to help you understand that the launch monitor is jacked up and giving you really bad info. You can choose to ignore my posts, and that is your prerogative.

I live in Edmonton now. But fitting was done indoors.

I just emailed my coach to see if there was any elevation factor or anything else that would jack up the numbers...

I wonder if the sliding weight on the SZ is a different amount than the Standard? On my Standard Flash my rear sliding weight is 16g. That includes the screw and the base that the weight sits on.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

Your numbers:

I live in Edmonton now. But fitting was done indoors.

I just emailed my coach to see if there was any elevation factor or anything else that would jack up the numbers...

Providing the ball speed number from your fitting would clear up a lot of questions people are asking

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I wonder if the sliding weight on the SZ is a different amount than the Standard? On my Standard Flash my rear sliding weight is 16g. That includes the screw and the base that the weight sits on.

EFSZ weight is a bit smaller/lighter than the "regular" - I forget how much but you can probably find it on Cally's site.

callaway-epic-flash-drivers.jpg

Titleist Pro V1X

I included the weight of the total sliding assembly in the figure above..12 g includes screw and base. Looks about right compared to the 16 g of the regular Flash in the photo above. And our staff heads included another 20 g heavier weight for short shaft lengths which is even bigger than those two.

I included the weight of the total sliding assembly in the figure above..12 g includes screw and base. Looks about right compared to the 16 g of the regular Flash in the photo above. And our staff heads included another 20 g heavier weight for short shaft lengths which is even bigger than those two.

does your last sentence mean youre on staff with callaway where you work? If so do you know PAR date for erc soft?

Trackman measures Clubhead Speed from the COG which is usually somewhere in the middle of the head and GC measures the speed from the face. Just different types of measurement but the ball speed will be the same on both. Because of the method of measuring, Trackman does give higher Smash factor numbers than GC Quad.

There was no need based on those numbers as was already pointed out. The distances simply aren't factual.

A word of advice though, never look at the total distance. Look at carry and the angle of decent based on the course conditions you normally play on to decide if it is beneficial for Max distance.