2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

Oh please...............got this straight from the club house guy who got if from the taco vendor at the 13 hole, who just happened to be using the port-ta potty when Kuch and the caddie were talking about what he was getting and I quote............caddie to Kuch, Oh no amigo, no pesos, but a burro and a couple of chickens could go a long way...........Kuch back at the caddie........well how about 3K, you could buy a lot of chickens and even a couple of burros..........plus I'll sweeten the pot if I should go on to win............Si senior said the caddie, but it better be more than what Miguel Jordan gave me when he played here last week............A lousy cigar and a half a bottle of tequila and not the good stuff either.............

Caddie like,

Ok El-Cheapo, I get like 5k in tips from the Christmas vaca crowd.

Kuch, Ill throw in some Skechers.

Caddie, Oh, wow, Skechers, throw them in the back of my Highlander there.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fun thing to talk about but no one will care about this 3 months from now. Gillis gets to be a twitter SJW like Scott McCarron , Ian Poulter and Joel Dahmen before him. Maybe Kuch gets some snicker here or there but it's not like caddies will boycott him LOL, it'd be bad business for them considering he just won with a backup. What if no one caddies for him and he wins again LOL?

The people on twitter REALLY upset by this will move on to something else tomorrow, like digging up old tweets from whoever is named next host of the Oscars

Calling a guy out for stiffing someone after a win isn't really being a SJW.

What evidence do you have? Why is it any of your business?

It's a fun thing to talk about but no one will care about this 3 months from now. Gillis gets to be a twitter SJW like Scott McCarron , Ian Poulter and Joel Dahmen before him. Maybe Kuch gets some snicker here or there but it's not like caddies will boycott him LOL, it'd be bad business for them considering he just won with a backup. What if no one caddies for him and he wins again LOL?

The people on twitter REALLY upset by this will move on to something else tomorrow, like digging up old tweets from whoever is named next host of the Oscars

You should add an exclamation point to your handle! Try it out, lets see how it looks.

I agree, btw ; ĺ

If he didn't bonus him out after the win (not 10%, but 10K minimum), then it's just bad form. Like ordering a $1000 bottle of wine, and then not tipping the full amount because all the waiter did was pop the cork (this topic is much discussed among winos and servers)...if you can afford the bottle, be generous and tip the full amount.

A lot of things I regret in my life...generosity is never one.

You should add an exclamation point to your handle! Try it out, lets see how it looks.

I agree, btw ; ĺ

Good idea! Now if I can figure out how to make that happen. IIRC I message someone? Hope it doesn't piss off old man winter, it has been a nice one so far.

How did he stiff him, did they agree to more before the tournament when he took the job?

That's actually exactly what I'm talking about when I say SJW (I do hate using reddit/twitter terms but whatever) "Stiffing" someone is different than paying a wage that people think is too low for a millionaire to pay. The caddy had never worked with Kuchar before either he shouldve negotiated a rate ahead of time, or if he didn't have the leverage to do that, maybe he was lucky to get what he did

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If he didn't bonus him out after the win (not 10%, but 10K minimum), then it's just bad form. Like ordering a $1000 bottle of wine, and then not tipping the full amount because all the waiter did was pop the cork (this topic is much discussed among winos and servers)...if you can afford the bottle, be generous and tip the full amount.

I agree. I know a pretty wealthy guy who gripes about a tip spot on the receipt for takeout at a pretty nice restaurant. After he orders 12 extra everything’s. I asked him who the hell he thought rounded up all that extra stuff ? Takeout fairy’s ? He will literally write 0 and smile. I think a lot less of him for that. And overall a nice guy. Who wasn’t born into money. I just don’t get it honestly.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

People that react in that manner have rarely worked in the service industry, have no idea how hard they work, and fail to recognize the crazy personalities they deal with on a daily basis.

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

I agree. I know a pretty wealthy guy who gripes about a tip spot on the receipt for takeout at a pretty nice restaurant. After he orders 12 extra everything’s. I asked him who the hell he thought rounded up all that extra stuff ? Takeout fairy’s ? He will literally write 0 and smile. I think a lot less of him for that. And overall a nice guy. Who wasn’t born into money. I just don’t get it honestly.

I dont judge.

We had a neighbor who was the cheapest guy ever.

Found out that he grew up in the depression starving. Parents never had a penny. After they died, he found 50k in cash hidden in the basement.

Gotta bug out your mind on the concept of money.

I dont judge.

Found out that he grew up in the depression starving. Parents never had a penny. After they died, he found 50k in cash hidden in the basement.

Look. Yea. I get that mindset. I was raised by it. But the guy I’m talking about owns a lake house with a saltwater pool 40 ft from the lake. A 100 ft dock with a boat house which has a boat elevator. And one of those turbo feet propulsion things that attaches to the outboard end of a jet ski and you wear as shoes and “ fly”. ($7k toy). He isn’t saving strings from the end chicken food bags to keep from buying a spool of string like my grandparents did. He’s just selective with his tightwadness.

Another example. He also raises hell when he has to pay for an sign language interpreter ( mandated by law ) for a patient who is deaf. So much so that he refuses to sign the check to pay the service most times. They have to get another doc to sign that check. He insists “ they can just write notes “. And this guy has a permanently disabled child since birth. So you’d think he’d have SOME sympathy.

And I’m telling you he’s mostly a good guy. But for some reason certain things he just balks on wanting to pay for. And I’ve no idea how he decides which thing to not care about and which to put his foot down with.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I dont judge.

Look. Yea. I get that mindset. I was raised by it. But the guy I’m talking about owns a lake house with a saltwater pool 40 ft from the lake. A 100 ft dock with a boat house which has a boat elevator. And one of those turbo feet propulsion things that attaches to the outboard end of a jet ski and you wear as shoes and “ fly”. ($7k toy). He isn’t saving strings from the end chicken food bags to keep from buying a spool of string like my grandparents did. He’s just selective with his tightwadness.

Another example. He also raises hell when he has to pay for an sign language interpreter ( mandated by law ) for a patient who is deaf. So much so that he refuses to sign the check to pay the service most times. They have to get another doc to sign that check. He insists “ they can just write notes “. And this guy has a permanently disabled child since birth. So you’d think he’d have SOME sympathy.

And I’m telling you he’s mostly a good guy. But for some reason certain things he just balks on wanting to pay for. And I’ve no idea how he decides which thing to not care about and which to put his foot down with.

Ya, I know the type.

A buddys family bought blocks of nyc real estate

In the 70s

Gotta be worth 200MM with big 7 figure annual income.

You go to their house house and they have like 100 duck sauce packets from every chinese food take order they ever made.

One time, I went to shovel out their driveway as a favor when I was visiting my folks (they live down the street) and my buddy mom gives me a cheap acrylic hat to wear as I shovel. When Im done and leaving, she yells,

"Dont forget to bring back the hat!" Lol.

And, this guy I mentioned earlier, the depression guy? He made a ton of money in his career. But when he came over as a guest, hed bring over

A bottle of wine that was already open ; )

I dont judge.

Ya, I know the type.

A buddys family bought blocks of nyc real estate

In the 70s

Gotta be worth 200MM with big 7 figure annual income.

You go to their house house and they have like 100 duck sauce packets from every chinese food take order they ever made.

One time, I went to shovel out their driveway as a favor when I was visiting my folks (they live down the street) and my buddy mom gives me a cheap acrylic hat to wear as I shovel. When Im done and leaving, she yells,

"Dont forget to bring back the hat!" Lol.

And, this guy I mentioned earlier, the depression guy? He made a ton of money in his career. But when he came over as a guest, hed bring over

A bottle of wine that was already open ; )

Lol. Now those two stories are for real. I’m a people watcher too. It’s nkt that I’m really griping about them. I just want to understand. And I can’t. I’m the guy that feels guilty driving to dinner if we pass a homeless person. More than once last year I brought a takeout box back and handed it to them. My father in law ( who I tolerate only) has the nerve to give me crap about it. I told him he could walk home if he was in a hurry. Lol.

Anyway. I get it. And yet I don’t. Lol. If that makes any sense.

As for Kuchar. Not nearly enough info to go on. And either way it boils down to a “personal salvation “ type thing. I’m other words. He’s well within his rights either way as long as he can live with the choice. It’s not really for me to say what’s right for him. But in the real world. That type thing does impact my trust of certain people. Like people who don’t like dogs. I don’t trust them . Period. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Dude hadn't won in 4 years. Had what appeared to be a happy go lucky local hoof the bag around for him. And what do ya know?? He won! At that point I would not give 2 flips what our agreement before Day 1 was. I would not give 3 flips if the guy gave me bad yardage, bad reads, bad local eatery suggestions. I would give him bare minimum 5 percent for the simple reason that I don't want to mess around with Karma.

Kuch did it ok....but if it was me and I was using a local caddy without an agreed contract, I'd have my trunk already pre-lined with plastic wrap. Just in case you win and you don't want to pay the guy, you can be like, "hey man , I have your cheque here let's go settle up in the parking lot". And then you chloroform him and put him in the trunk. You should check Google maps for the nearest River at a public computer though so they can't trace it to your phone

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Kuch did it ok....but if it was me and I was using a local caddy without an agreed contract, I'd have my trunk already pre-lined with plastic wrap. Just in case you win and you don't want to pay the guy, you can be like, "hey man , I have your cheque here let's go settle up in the parking lot". And then you chloroform him and put him in the trunk. You should check Google maps for the nearest River at a public computer though so they can't trace it to your phone

Let me just say. I like your brand of humor Jeff ....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

There are so many douchebags on this forum it’s amazing. What they agreed upon is nobody’s business, and the fact people are crucifying him without knowing all the details doesn’t surprise me anymore in this lynch mob society we live in.

You shouldn’t talk about yourself like that.

Oooooohhhhhhh, good one!! You really burned me good there

Let me just say. I like your brand of humor Jeff ....

I hadn't even gotten to the best parts. Like when the cops question you , you can just be like "we kept it mostly business, in fact last time I saw him we were figuring out where to take a drop"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

There are so many douchebags on this forum it’s amazing. What they agreed upon is nobody’s business, and the fact people are crucifying him without knowing all the details doesn’t surprise me anymore in this lynch mob society we live in.

You shouldn’t talk about yourself like that.

Oooooohhhhhhh, good one!! You really burned me good there

he did..and i like it

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

No rivers in that part of the world, all underground passages.