2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is an embarrassment. This is everything wrong with the internet in one complete package.

Detrick Westbrook, Chicago Tribune:

And I thought I had life figured out; then I read the “Interesting Development” thread at WRX. If a genie had sprung from my teakettle last week and offered to grant me three wishes, I might impulsively have asked to be spared from reading this thread three times. Since the first post, it has been lapped by wave after wave of big, often gloppy posting thoughts adapted from previously rebuked material, mostly from the mother ship called the information superhighway. I loathe this thread.

Carol McMorpheus, Rochester D&C:

This thread, while suffering from an identity crisis, has the feel of a postcard-scenic sideshow from days gone by. It calls to a simpler time when peddlers lined the streets and animals ran unabated in public places. I applaud the effort but can’t give it a full second thumb as I am still trying to shuffle through the mire of nauseating point-making diction.

I read those, cool that this thread was noticed. Couple more I saw,

'This pretentious ponderous collection of posts is enough to prompt the question, "What day did the Lord create the Interesting Development thread, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"'

Also,

'This tasteless thread is a good indication of the lack of poster intelligence within. The stupidity of this thread cannot even be charted. It is treading water in a sea of sophomoric prose and bad poetry.'

<I lifted/edited those from Spinal Tap, of course ; )

And yet he came here for the news ?? Get outa here !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

This is one of the best threads we've had here since Robert Allenby was kidnapped

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

This thread is an embarrassment. This is everything wrong with the internet in one complete package.

And I thought I had life figured out; then I read the “Interesting Development” thread at WRX. If a genie had sprung from my teakettle last week and offered to grant me three wishes, I might impulsively have asked to be spared from reading this thread three times. Since the first post, it has been lapped by wave after wave of big, often gloppy posting thoughts adapted from previously rebuked material, mostly from the mother ship called the information superhighway. I loathe this thread.

This thread, while suffering from an identity crisis, has the feel of a postcard-scenic sideshow from days gone by. It calls to a simpler time when peddlers lined the streets and animals ran unabated in public places. I applaud the effort but can’t give it a full second thumb as I am still trying to shuffle through the mire of nauseating point-making diction.

'This pretentious ponderous collection of posts is enough to prompt the question, "What day did the Lord create the Interesting Development thread, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"'

Also,

'This tasteless thread is a good indication of the lack of poster intelligence within. The stupidity of this thread cannot even be charted. It is treading water in a sea of sophomoric prose and bad poetry.'

Well that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

And I thought I had life figured out; then I read the "Interesting Development" thread at WRX. If a genie had sprung from my teakettle last week and offered to grant me three wishes, I might impulsively have asked to be spared from reading this thread three times. Since the first post, it has been lapped by wave after wave of big, often gloppy posting thoughts adapted from previously rebuked material, mostly from the mother ship called the information superhighway. I loathe this thread.

This thread, while suffering from an identity crisis, has the feel of a postcard-scenic sideshow from days gone by. It calls to a simpler time when peddlers lined the streets and animals ran unabated in public places. I applaud the effort but can't give it a full second thumb as I am still trying to shuffle through the mire of nauseating point-making diction.

Also,

And yet he came here for the news ?? Get outa here !

The only thing worse then this thread in general is the mileage its gotten in such a short time.

Lol. Now I got a good laugh out of that ^^^ that’s George Constanza level right there.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Gotta love this thread.......

We have:

1) MK is allegedly a cheap bastxxx and also a monumentally phony *****.

2) MK is allegedly the nicest guy around, and that "aw shucks" vibe is truly genuine, but he's probably still cheap, but maybe not.

3) Some stiff named Tom Gillis has inside knowledge of payments made to a caddy/caddies and has decided to share it on Twitter.

4) Somehow MK was fingered as the guy TG was talking about in #3 above, based on virtually no evidence.

Add in getting rolled in Mexico if you have money and a NO POLTITICS decree and we pretty much have it all.

We have:

2) MK is allegedly the nicest guy around, and that "aw shucks" vibe is truly genuine, but he's probably still cheap, but maybe not.

3) Some stiff named Tom Gillis has inside knowledge of payments made to a caddy/caddies and has decided to share it on Twitter.

4) Somehow MK was fingered as the guy TG was talking about in #3 above, based on virtually no evidence.

Add in getting rolled in Mexico if you have money and a NO POLTITICS decree and we pretty much have it all.

I still need "exhaustive list of Tiger Woods being cheap over the years" to complete my bingo card.

Why is it anyone's concerm what an independent contractor paid a short term employee who presumably agreed to the wage anyway?

Sounds like Kuchar is a great negotiator.

i'm all for free market and far from a SJW....but there is a point where decency comes into play. if kuchar is trying to make money off his character as a nice guy while selling golf shoes, i'd prefer not find out how he nearly stiffs his local caddy after winning more money in one week than this guy would see in a lifetime. if i order a pizza to be delivered in a blizzard...technically a $4 tip may be 20%....doesn't mean that i shouldn't pay the guy a little more because i'm a decent human being who occasionally sees the good that comes from paying if forward.

i'm not really sure where this story goes from here. will we ever know what was actually paid unless kuchar himself wants to shut everyone up and show proof of what was paid...Gillis seems adamant on twitter he will be proven correct and the truth will come out.

at this point its speculation on everyone's end. but in my opinion IF this is simply a case of kuchar not rewarding a guy after win, even if terms were prenegotiated, this comes across as a bad look for kuchar. we can all debate what the right amount would be, but i would hope we could come to an agreement that 3k on a 1.3M payday is not the right number.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

We have:

I still need "exhaustive list of Tiger Woods being cheap over the years" to complete my bingo card.

Let's not forget "No Tippin Pippen" who is legendary in the Chicago Restaurant scene for running up $2,500 bills and not leaving a penny for the service team.

Why is it anyone's concerm what an independent contractor paid a short term employee who presumably agreed to the wage anyway?

Sounds like Kuchar is a great negotiator.

i'm all for free market and far from a SJW....but there is a point where decency comes into play. if kuchar is trying to make money off his character as a nice guy while selling golf shoes, i'd prefer not find out how he nearly stiffs his local caddy after winning more money in one week than this guy would see in a lifetime. if i order a pizza to be delivered in a blizzard...technically a $4 tip may be 20%....doesn't mean that i shouldn't pay the guy a little more because i'm a decent human being who occasionally sees the good that comes from paying if forward.

i'm not really sure where this story goes from here. will we ever know what was actually paid unless kuchar himself wants to shut everyone up and show proof of what was paid...Gillis seems adamant on twitter he will be proven correct and the truth will come out.

at this point its speculation on everyone's end. but in my opinion IF this is simply a case of kuchar not rewarding a guy after win, even if terms were prenegotiated, this comes across as a bad look for kuchar. we can all debate what the right amount would be, but i would hope we could come to an agreement that 3k on a 1.3M payday is not the right number.

The time for rational discussion of this topic has passed

Let's try to keep this thread on point, which of course means satire or hyperbole

Kuchar's career is OVER

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

We have:

Let's not forget "No Tippin Pippen" who is legendary in the Chicago Restaurant scene for running up $2,500 bills and not leaving a penny for the service team.

tenor.gif?itemid=3479850

Kuch has a long way to go to make it into this hall of shame. And look who #1 is ; )

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/worst-celebrity-tippers-all-time.html/

The 15 Worst Celebrity Tippers of All Time

1. Tiger Woods

For someone who is — or was — a master of the greens, Tiger Woods is notoriously bad with his financial green when it comes to tipping servers. From taking back a $5 tip while playing a $10,000 blackjack hand to leaving chump change as a thank you for expensive meals, the golfer has cemented himself as one of the worst celebrity tippers.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/worst-celebrity-tippers-all-time.html/

https://twitter.com/...228672188407808

Why do people always shame rich people for not giving their money away to random people. Rich people get shamed for not throwing $100 bills at random valets who park their cars and waitresses who bring them drinks. Kuchar gets shamed for not giving a guy who carried his bag for 4 days $130K?

Like most people, I respect people who give money to charity. That's great. And a lot of rich people probably take care of a lot of people who they encounter and work with.

But I just don't get this idea that anyone who a rich person comes into contact with is entitled to a cut. Whatever is the going rate, it's fair to me. Maybe $3K seems a little low to me, but I'm not going to judge that.

This isn't Kuchar meeting a random valet. It was his caddie for the week who presumably helped him along the way and spent 30-35 hours with him.

For which they likely agreed on what he would get paid for the week, he wasn't a volunteer, lol, or at least we don't think that's how it started and likely did not.

And you still don't know what he paid him.

Per the caddie himself, his pay was not discussed until after the tournament was over

I played a lot of tournaments around the world with local caddies. Id be shocked there wasn’t a pay discussion

Or when the caddy was set up, an amount recommended to paylocals

And how many of those tournaments did you win? This was the 8th tournament that Kuchar won in his career on the PGATOUR, so it wasn't like he was a lock to win before the event started. Regardless of what was discussed prior to the victory, doesn't the fact that you won $1.29MM, a ticket to hawaii, plus, plus make you rethink the $3,000 Max payout discussion? Or do you pity the fool that was simply glad to be working that week!!!! This issue has nothing to do with Tom Gillis -- this is 100% about the possible character of Matt Kuchar. It is unfortunate that he didn't have the fortitude to disclose exactly what he paid the caddy in order for this speculation to end.

“It is unfortunate that he didn't have the fortitude to disclose exactly what he paid the caddy in order for this speculation to end.”

What a tacky thing that would be to do. He gave a response that was appropriate- it wasn’t $3,000 and it wasn’t 10% either.

I don’t want my boss telling the world what my paycheck reads. Do you?

From GUNSYND..............................

And how many of those tournaments did you win? This was the 8th tournament that Kuchar won in his career on the PGATOUR, so it wasn't like he was a lock to win before the event started. Regardless of what was discussed prior to the victory, doesn't the fact that you won $1.29MM, a ticket to hawaii, plus, plus make you rethink the $3,000 Max payout discussion? Or do you pity the fool that was simply glad to be working that week!!!! This issue has nothing to do with Tom Gillis -- this is 100% about the possible character of Matt Kuchar. It is unfortunate that he didn't have the fortitude to disclose exactly what he paid the caddy in order for this speculation to end.

You got that right. Look no further than daddy rooster, Pete Kuchar, the overzealous insurance salesman who lives vicariously through the success of his son while wearing free Sketchers.

......and to align with my point with a loose interpretation from William Shakespeare's Hamlet:

In the opening scene, the c0ck’s crow establishes the ghost as a malignant presence.

Kuch has a long way to go to make it into this hall of shame. And look who #1 is ; )

https://www.cheatshe...-all-time.html/

1. Tiger Woods

For someone who is — or was — a master of the greens, Tiger Woods is notoriously bad with his financial green when it comes to tipping servers. From taking back a $5 tip while playing a $10,000 blackjack hand to leaving chump change as a thank you for expensive meals, the golfer has cemented himself as one of the worst celebrity tippers.

most on the list are super famous and rich. I can understand 'em saving pennies and dimes to save their fortune!

I cringe at mean people on the list Rachel Ray's in.

From GUNSYND..............................

You got that right. Look no further than daddy rooster, Pete Kuchar, the overzealous insurance salesman who lives vicariously through the success of his son while wearing free Sketchers.

......and to align with my point with a loose interpretation from William Shakespeare's Hamlet:

In the opening scene, the c0ck’s crow establishes the ghost as a malignant presence.

Ohhh that’s deep brother ! Deep!

Some double entendre and onomatopoeia to boot !!

I nominate this for post of the year possibly 2019.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1. Tiger Woods

most on the list are super famous and rich. I can understand 'em saving pennies and dimes to save their fortune!

I cringe at mean people on the list Rachel Ray's in.

Those are some funny stories, but I am not buying the ones about anyone not leaving a tip in a London restaurant. If they said the asked for the service charge to be removed from the bill, which is within your right, then that's pretty bad form.

Hadn't heard the one about Tiger pulling back a $5 chip...that's a bit suspect too. What's a $5 chip doing at a blackjack table with bets at $10,000 / hand ?

Entertaining nonetheless...

Some of you boys that are so offended by a damn rumor need to spend some of your own cash and buy a life. :russian_roulette:

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

First thing I learned is never worry about what somebody else made. Soon enough people will wonder about how much you made and make issue of it. We dont know all the details and we are going off of what somebody told somebody. Who knows what happened but sounds like some are paying more attention then they should be.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness