Pending TaylorMade Announcement

PostandGhost

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glove..? What does that even mean? I have never once noticed what brand is sewn on a glove velcro strap. A glove.... they're all made in the same Chinese factory, ya whackadoos!

Well in these days of bomb and gouge...spectators getting hit by balls every weekend and being given signed gloves by players. Boom! Free advertising!

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

He is not switching by choice he is switching by $$$

Let's not lose sight of the fact that he has a future ex-wife to pay for.

Rickie...two words...Pre Nup. Or your Puma could end up with your Cobra if you know what I mean.

Wow. Just wow. Again I say. Dave. You may have to explain that one for the kids. Onomatopoeia meets symbolism wrapped up in an Aesop’s fable !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

That`s like saying Fowler would play some vintage Top Flites if he was paid enough..it`s not only $$$ based change.

Not really, 100% the money was a big factor in Rickie deciding to play TaylorMade ball and glove. The difference between a prov and tp5 isn’t much, same category of players ball. Top flight and prov don’t even slightly compare except they are both golf balls

Of course he is switching for $$$, who wouldn't? And there could be some truth to the statement that this ball performs better for him. We all here are advocates for fitting, so this ball might fit him better and Titleist doesn't offer enough on the table to renew the contract, why not change? These guys do this for a living, of course they go where the money is especially if they know it doesn't hurt their game.

Bubba to Volvik was different of course.

Anyone else spot that iIt does look a whole lot like he is hitting a P790 in the promo video too...

No that is his Cobra F9 4 iron

TM M3 9.5*
Cobra King Ltd 15*
Callaway XR 18* 

Cobra Fly Z+ 4-P

Bridgestone J15 50*

Callaway MD2 56/60*

TM Spider X Navy Blue
Srixon Z Star

Rickie...two words...Pre Nup. Or your Puma could end up with your Cobra if you know what I mean.

Fowler's getting married and changing balls? I see the Web.com tour in the future.....

When it's all said and done, ready for the flash, it's going to be a dud.

Like I said, flash, it's a dud. But sure has created allot of posts, so there's interest.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

TM will market it a lot and Titleist only wins in ball counts because they give them away like candy and pay the most players. Reality is most of the top guys don't play Titleist anymore. Why consumers continue to pay $50/dozen for them is mind blowing to me.

Because the average golfer falls for marketing. I see it every day. Titleist is the "#1 used ball on Tour" (by way of overall count, of course). That works, and Titleist knows it. That's why they work so hard (aka spend money, give stuff away) to keep it that way. "Top guys" by themselves generally don't move the needle. It's when a whole bunch of Tour players use something and, by simple statistical averages...more guys playing it, equals more chances the company's product is played by a winner. That's what most average golfers notice. That "Titleist balls" win more often than not. I hate that, as I despise selling Titleist balls. But it's the truth. Although I have witnessed that changing more rapidly in the past 3-5 years than I ever have before.

Just curious, why do you despise selling Titleist balls?

TM will market it a lot and Titleist only wins in ball counts because they give them away like candy and pay the most players. Reality is most of the top guys don't play Titleist anymore. Why consumers continue to pay $50/dozen for them is mind blowing to me.

Because the average golfer falls for marketing. I see it every day. Titleist is the "#1 used ball on Tour" (by way of overall count, of course). That works, and Titleist knows it. That's why they work so hard (aka spend money, give stuff away) to keep it that way. "Top guys" by themselves generally don't move the needle. It's when a whole bunch of Tour players use something and, by simple statistical averages...more guys playing it, equals more chances the company's product is played by a winner. That's what most average golfers notice. That "Titleist balls" win more often than not. I hate that, as I despise selling Titleist balls. But it's the truth. Although I have witnessed that changing more rapidly in the past 3-5 years than I ever have before.

I just don't think they make a good product, especially compared to the other premium balls on the market. And I really hate the arrogance of the company. But ProV1s are one of those balls that you almost "have" to stock...although I've stopped for the since about the end of summer as an experiment of sorts, and I've shifted some ProV1 users to Srixon and Taylormade.

Wow. Just wow. Again I say. Dave. You may have to explain that one for the kids. Onomatopoeia meets symbolism wrapped up in an Aesop's fable !

Ah...Aesop. Great life lessons. Mrs. Pelz says the fable that describes us best is The Fox and the Weasel. Guess who she is?

I just don't think they make a good product, especially compared to the other premium balls on the market. And I really hate the arrogance of the company. But ProV1s are one of those balls that you almost "have" to stock...although I've stopped for the since about the end of summer as an experiment of sorts, and I've shifted some ProV1 users to Srixon and Taylormade.

Hahaha! I hope the Titleist spies that read this forum don’t figure out who you are. They may cut you off permanently for that kind of negative talk.

I personally havent played Titleist for many years. Plenty of other good options. People are lambs. They like to follow the flock.

I was using Lethal bulk boxes before I went to Srixon XV 2 years ago. 20 dozen sitting in The closet waiting for spring. Got them at $20 a dozen less 10% coupon and free shipping. $1.50 a ball and it’s every bit as good as ProV plus better in the wind, brighter white, and a more durable cover.

Titleist can kiss my rear end. $4 a ball is literally insane.

Wow. Just wow. Again I say. Dave. You may have to explain that one for the kids. Onomatopoeia meets symbolism wrapped up in an Aesop's fable !

Ah...Aesop. Great life lessons. Mrs. Pelz says the fable that describes us best is The Fox and the Weasel. Guess who she is?

Lol. I’m afraid to say. Buy I’m guessing she is the weasel and you the fat fox who is trapped and cannot escape !

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Maybe it was mentioned already, I forgot which site had it last night but supposedly pairing Rickie and DJ at the Ryder cup was a big reason for this change as well. I am certain money had something to do with it, but that was his first experience with the ball as they were getting ready to be paired together. I do not have a doubt that Rickie saw something in the ball that he liked a little more. Mentioned how it flew in the wind. As much as I wish money didn't make every sports decision, hard to not have that thought when something like this happens. He has been face for Puma/Cobra for the last 10 years, plus Titleist for that long. I can't imagine the kid hurting for money.

Maybe it was mentioned already, I forgot which site had it last night but supposedly pairing Rickie and DJ at the Ryder cup was a big reason for this change as well. I am certain money had something to do with it, but that was his first experience with the ball as they were getting ready to be paired together. I do not have a doubt that Rickie saw something in the ball that he liked a little more. Mentioned how it flew in the wind. As much as I wish money didn't make every sports decision, hard to not have that thought when something like this happens. He has been face for Puma/Cobra for the last 10 years, plus Titleist for that long. I can't imagine the kid hurting for money.

People couldn't imagine Rory hurting for money either but it didn't stop him from taking a bucket load of it and signing for Taylor Made.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Not many companies doing ball or ball/glove deals that would be willing to pay him the big bucks so while it’s about money one way or the other he didn’t have many choices really after not signing with titleist again

curious, why don't you think they make a good product? I've played the tp5x and the prov1x and the tp5x wasn't as good with wedges for me and durability was an issue I noticed vs the prov1x. Both are on sale now for 35-40 and both originally $45-50. I'm looking to play the best ball and curious on your thoughts

That`s like saying Fowler would play some vintage Top Flites if he was paid enough..it`s not only $$$ based change.

Not really, 100% the money was a big factor in Rickie deciding to play TaylorMade ball and glove. The difference between a prov and tp5 isn't much, same category of players ball. Top flight and prov don't even slightly compare except they are both golf balls

Lets also not forget about the fact that the premium balls that many Tour guys are playing are made specifically for their needs and aren't always what the masses play.

Not really, 100% the money was a big factor in Rickie deciding to play TaylorMade ball and glove. The difference between a prov and tp5 isn't much, same category of players ball. Top flight and prov don't even slightly compare except they are both golf balls

Lets also not forget about the fact that the premium balls that many Tour guys are playing are made specifically for their needs and aren't always what the masses play.

This prob is a silly question but do balls have to be tested by the USGA similar to drivers. In other words if Tiger is playing a custom ball (ie not what’s available to the public) does that have to be tested?

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

The last part in a nutshell

I like the prov1 practice ball. 2 boxes for $50 recently

And if you looked at the ball, it had a dot to the right hand side which I believe was like the tour ball, from what I’ve heard

Can’t beat that price and even better when it costs only $2 when it goes in the water :)

Fowler's getting married and changing balls? I see the Web.com tour in the future.....

2 of the other Sb2K guys have fallen off significantly since getting engaged/married...

This prob is a silly question but do balls have to be tested by the USGA similar to drivers. In other words if Tiger is playing a custom ball (ie not what’s available to the public) does that have to be tested?

Yes. Look at the USGA conforming list and you will see several variations of balls

Of course he is switching for $$$, who wouldn't? And there could be some truth to the statement that this ball performs better for him. We all here are advocates for fitting, so this ball might fit him better and Titleist doesn't offer enough on the table to renew the contract, why not change? These guys do this for a living, of course they go where the money is especially if they know it doesn't hurt their game.

Bubba to Volvik was different of course.

Anyone else spot that iIt does look a whole lot like he is hitting a P790 in the promo video too...

No that is his Cobra F9 4 iron

But Bubba had one of his worst year playing Volvik.