My Experience Gaming Blades as a Mid-High Handicapper

Andus

I think I can sum up this thread.

A player plays 10 rounds, 2 with gi clubs and played worse with them than with his blades. Gets told that isn't a big enough sample to prove anything !

Then a anti blade advocate talks about some video of a guy hit 6 balls, 3 each with 2 different irons. And low and behold that sample size is big enough to prove to the world blades are the devil.

Here is an idea, if you don't like blades, stay out of any and all blade threads. It would seem to take less effort to do that than to try to prove just how darn smart you are, and darn it people really like you.

I don't think "post only if you like and agree with something" is the recipe of a good discussion or a good forum

Healthy and respectful disagreement helps people form better options

I am in no way implying that you do this. But for someone to enter a thread with only an agenda of saying nope your wrong, nope your wrong, nope that is impossible, you have already set a tone for impossibility for having a constructive dialogue. Or if your only purpose is to come in and drop 1 liner snarky posts. That was the point intended in my post and probably did not translate well.

For example, I have no desire, need or want to play a prov1 ball anymore, yet many others do. I have no need nor get any satisfaction by going into the prov1 thread and tell someone I have never seen use one that their results are impossible and they are nuts. I simply go to the ball threads that I do use or am interested in trying. I hope I helped make sense of the point I was trying to make.

Fair enough, understand your point. I just think if someone started a thread about pro V1 being better for a specific player, and a bunch of people agreed. If you didn't find that for you, I'd encourage you to post that so the OP understands different takes.

But I don't think we disagree on that, which is great!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I’ve just never undstood the need to make a snarky post about a thread. I open a lot of threads that end up notinteresting me, I simply close it and move on.

But the absolute best ones.......those people who continuously post, “why can’t we just let this thread die?” Well, dumba**, you just posted in it and moved it back up to the top so more people will see it, open it, post in it, and keep it moving on!

These people aren't looking to debate. They're looking to troll. When you notice a post that's 2 lines long and highly confrontational, you should recognize that isn't a real person offering their opinion looking to honestly engage with you. It's a person trying to spark an argument.

I don't respond, I just add that person immediately to my ignore list.

It's called sh!t posting. It's real and for whatever reason it's popular in every forum where you find people actually debating stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=s***+posting&oq=s***+posting&aqs=chrome..69i57.993j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

I’ve just never undstood the need to make a snarky post about a thread. I open a lot of threads that end up notinteresting me, I simply close it and move on.

But the absolute best ones.......those people who continuously post, “why can’t we just let this thread die?” Well, dumba**, you just posted in it and moved it back up to the top so more people will see it, open it, post in it, and keep it moving on!

These people aren't looking to debate. They're looking to troll. When you notice a post that's 2 lines long and highly confrontational, you should recognize that isn't a real person offering their opinion looking to honestly engage with you. It's a person trying to spark an argument.

I don't respond, I just add that person immediately to my ignore list.

It's called sh!t posting. It's real and for whatever reason it's popular in every forum where you find people actually debating stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=s***+posting&oq=s***+posting&aqs=chrome..69i57.993j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Same can be said for both sides. When someone rewrites physics and claims to have sort of anomaly of a swing that defies physics then it becomes absurd. Someone can say that MBs are only most beneficial for those that hit the ball solid virtually every time and someone will throw a “but” in there to try and explain their outlandish situation and expect someone to believe it. Then there’s the “my scores are no different so I play what I play”. That’s fine too and the only thing that can can be logically derived is that person is a terrible golfer.

Been following this whole thing. I’m a 20.8 cap at a club where our greens regularly roll at 12. I don’t like how GI clubs look and have been playing Mizuno MP18 sc ‘s and a set of Titleist MB716’s. I just shot one of my best rounds with them. I find the fairway on most drives and have a decent second shot. Even my wedge play is decent. It’s the bunkers I struggle out of and the 3 putts that kill my card.

Are the blades helping me? Likely not. I do love how they look and feel though. FWIW I’ve ordered a set of Wilson V6 irons which are above my skill level as well but should be more forgiving than the Mizunos and the MB’s.

I remembered when I transitioned to I guess blade esque clubs. From burner 09 © irons to mizuno mp 62 irons. And of course there was a learning curve to striking (really rebuilding and understanding through trial and error) I remember a thread on here from my teen days about people transitioning from GI irons to players irons the second year into their golfing experience. What I've found and other members on here have commented on, is it does hone your ballstriking and for me it did make a difference whether my score reflected it (at that time)

It got to a point where I'm so use to the smaller low bounce sole that I couldn't (in my mind) get the club on the ball. The high bounce of hitting a GI iron, just bounced off the turf and I didn't feel like I struck the ball as satisfying.

In my opinion if you become highly competent after doing such things I feel you'll be too good to resort back to something that is completely different to what your skilled at. Clearly every iron design will have some type of learning curve but to the people who play the "I hit it straight and high" I think of Chi Chi Rodreguiez or Tigers last bunker shot or Bubbas hook at the masters. There is more to the game and I feel maybe there is benefit from being imaginative to some degree or another and to put someone down because your lil rinky dink top shelf SGI-GI iron goes high and straight like the last lil set you played isn't the standard for everyone.

We all love golf lettuce enjoy it together no matter the creed

I'm completely behind the players that work at their game with more forgiving clubs and then move into the blade shape once their games are at a certain point (and that point isn't automatically single handicap). The idea I'm not sold on is the one where blades improve your swing because they punish you more so they can be handed even to those without a grooved swing to facilitate learning.

I mean, you could do it of course, as that was how it was when blades were the only club available. But there are options today and I kind of liken that thinking to tossing someone into the deep end of the pool so they learn how to swim.

Lol I liken it to that idea as well (I’ve been tossed into a pool before) but of course there isn’t a end all to someone’s swing, but I’ve enjoyed learning and understanding how to get on the ball with my clubs and the age old — you get what you put in style.

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

You know what I find interesting ? :blink:

Well, I'm going to tell ya anyway. :lol:

What club in the bag is the most important ? Many would say it's the putter. If you have a great round it's usually because you putted somwhere from very well to lights out. If you have a poor ball striking day and don't hit many greens what club is usually the reason you had an "OK" round ? Your putter.

The only 2 "true" blade putters I can think of are the "Crenshaw" 8802 and the "Pavin" Bullseye. EVERY OTHER Tour player plays a putter with SOME sort of forgiveness factor. Other than Pavin does ANYBODY nowadays use a "true" blade putter ? I can't think of anybody.

And how hard is it to hit the sweet spot on a stroke that goes all of 6-24 inches back and then through ? :rolleyes: I paid attention to that today while putting and figure I hit the putter right in the sweet spot about 60-70% of the time. Not necessary on the right line or with the right speed but right smack in the center. And the ones I don't hit in the center don't all miss either.

Take ALL these Tour Pros on a "hot" day and what ends up separating them ? The PUTTER. And whether it's an Anser style heel-toe weighted "blade" or a Tour Spider type "mallet" they all have various levels of forgiveness built into them.

So what makes anyone think that if the best players in the world want forgiveness in their putters, that we, nowhere near their level, don't need forgiveness on a full swing ?

It's adness I tell you. Coplete and utter adness. :aikido: :lol: :lol: :lol: (<----- Big Bang Theory fans might get that last part (cool) )

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I remembered when I transitioned to I guess blade esque clubs. From burner 09 © irons to mizuno mp 62 irons. And of course there was a learning curve to striking (really rebuilding and understanding through trial and error) I remember a thread on here from my teen days about people transitioning from GI irons to players irons the second year into their golfing experience. What I’ve found and other members on here have commented on, is it does hone your ballstriking and for me it did make a difference whether my score reflected it (at that time)

It got to a point where I’m so use to the smaller low bounce sole that I couldn’t (in my mind) get the club on the ball. The high bounce of hitting a GI iron, just bounced off the turf and I didn’t feel like I struck the ball as satisfying.

In my opinion if you become highly competent after doing such things I feel you’ll be too good to resort back to something that is completely different to what your skilled at. Clearly every iron design will have some type of learning curve but to the people who play the “I hit it straight and high” I think of Chi Chi Rodreguiez or Tigers last bunker shot or Bubbas hook at the masters. There is more to the game and I feel maybe there is benefit from being imaginative to some degree or another and to put someone down because your lil rinky dink top shelf SGI-GI iron goes high and straight like the last lil set you played isn’t the standard for everyone.

Wasn't Bubba using S59s at the 2012 Masters?

99.99% of golfers couldn't hit Tiger's bunker shot with any clubs.

Many pros have no problem curving the ball with a CB. If you have the skill, you can do it (ie a blade is not needed).

But nice shot at the rinky dink SGI-GI irons...

I remembered when I transitioned to I guess blade esque clubs. From burner 09 © irons to mizuno mp 62 irons. And of course there was a learning curve to striking (really rebuilding and understanding through trial and error) I remember a thread on here from my teen days about people transitioning from GI irons to players irons the second year into their golfing experience. What I’ve found and other members on here have commented on, is it does hone your ballstriking and for me it did make a difference whether my score reflected it (at that time)

It got to a point where I’m so use to the smaller low bounce sole that I couldn’t (in my mind) get the club on the ball. The high bounce of hitting a GI iron, just bounced off the turf and I didn’t feel like I struck the ball as satisfying.

In my opinion if you become highly competent after doing such things I feel you’ll be too good to resort back to something that is completely different to what your skilled at. Clearly every iron design will have some type of learning curve but to the people who play the “I hit it straight and high” I think of Chi Chi Rodreguiez or Tigers last bunker shot or Bubbas hook at the masters. There is more to the game and I feel maybe there is benefit from being imaginative to some degree or another and to put someone down because your lil rinky dink top shelf SGI-GI iron goes high and straight like the last lil set you played isn’t the standard for everyone.

Wasn't Bubba using S59s at the 2012 Masters?

99.99% of golfers couldn't hit Tiger's bunker shot with any clubs.

Many pros have no problem curving the ball with a CB. If you have the skill, you can do it (ie a blade is not needed).

But nice shot at the rinky dink SGI-GI irons...

Them taylormade 2nd gen rocketbladez I mean rsi I mean psi or whatever other GI iron that promoted the same old fly straight higher, distance this and that etc. but they are rinky dink and I’m speaking on only GI not “tour” variations or CB/variations.

Cause everybody had that dusty lil set that you just seemed to kill but here you are with your lil mizuno 900 hot metal whatever’s hitting your taylormade p790s getting that distance cause you’re that guy.

But back then those ping g30 irons were just awesome and you could drop em in there no problem ?. They Rinky dink simple ?

...... ps I’m just being silly. Threads seeming reeeeeal passive aggressive? and I’m just like let us remember that the ball and cup don’t care what you hit or finished with.

I don’t either because I don’t need to hear why you’re not getting it done when I’m playing with ya but you know those darned whatever Tf clubs Paul is hitting or George with his endo forged tiger blades. It doesn’t matter long as there is fun to be had ?

Ping G400/ Ping tour 65 s

Ping 410 3w / Ping tour 65 s 

Nike VRS covert 5w/ kurokage black s

Titleist 718 T-mb 4 iron / amt white s300

Titleist 716 AP2 5-pw/ amt white s300

Cleveland Rtx4  48(bent to 50)mid, 54 mid, 58 mid / dynamic gold s400

Nike midnight method 006/ Black SS Gt 1.0 w 25g counter core.

I’m a 20.8 cap

I find the fairway on most drives and have a decent second shot. Even my wedge play is decent. It’s the bunkers I struggle out of and the 3 putts that kill my card.

Deadsolid, I know this is you trolling me with a burner account and I refuse to rise to the bait. ;)

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

The bottom line is that any club that gets you our to practice and play more often is going to improve your game. Because... practice.

I am going to game a new to me set of AP2's this season. Im hoping the improved feedback on mishits may help me learn how to become a better ball striker. but I have no misconceptions that the clubs will do the work for me. Im going to practice this area of my game.

If I were playing for money, I might make different decisions. but as previous posters have said, I pay to play. so im going to have some fun doing it.

The only 2 "true" blade putters I can think of are the "Crenshaw" 8802 and the "Pavin" Bullseye. EVERY OTHER Tour player plays a putter with SOME sort of forgiveness factor. Other than Pavin does ANYBODY nowadays use a "true" blade putter ? I can't think of anybody.

While I may be no pro, but I find it funny you bring up 2 of my favorite putters, both of which I own. And the 8802 is in a bag right now as we speak. I would be using it today if the weather was decent enough.

Maybe I am an anomaly, but I don't care what the pros play. I don't own any new current clubs. I buy what I want, and I play what I want. Yes, I have other putters as well, they are ready to go in another set. But no, I never had the game changing 2 ball. One of my buddies did(still does) and I love taking money from him too.

• Like 1

I’m a 20.8 cap

I find the fairway on most drives and have a decent second shot. Even my wedge play is decent. It’s the bunkers I struggle out of and the 3 putts that kill my card.

Deadsolid, I know this is you trolling me with a burner account and I refuse to rise to the bait. ;)

Damn, I wish i had thought of that and done it, that would have been way too funny! ��. Surprisingly enough, even I have limits to my beliefs. This one may have passed those limits. I’ll have to side with what I know you’re thinking here.

I'm indifferent as to what people play. If you're a high capper and simply want to have fun at your scramble and occasional round, the SGI/GI clubs are made for you. If you're a high capper and wanting to get better at hitting your irons, a non-SGI club may give you feedback that is of use as you try to find the center of the club more often.

Well guys, a brief update. I played 18 holes yesterday and today. Yesterday, I played at my home course and shot an 86. I hit 6 GIR (since that was the big talk of this thread earlier). I also made my first hole in one in my life! It was the best feeling I've ever felt in golf. Hit it with my MP-18 MB PW on a 127 yard par 3. Hit it about 3 feet past the hole and spun it right in. See the photo below :).

My round today wasn't played at my home course, but it is a course I've played a lot and is easier than my home course. I shot an 82 (personal best for me, previous was 84) with 7 GIR. My drivers were off today with most going left, but my iron game & putting saved my round. Maybe I've just been playing well lately, but I really think the irons have helped my game. To all the blade haters, accept the fact that they aren't as hard to hit as you make them out to be.

TaylorMade SIM 10.5* - HZRDUS "Hulk" PVD Green 70 6.0

TaylorMade SIM Max 15* - GD AD-DI 7x

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid - GD AD-DI 85x

TaylorMade P770 4-5 - Project X 6.0

TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW - Project X 6.0

Mizuno T20 50*, 55*, 60* - TI S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Pro V1x

Well guys, a brief update. I played 18 holes yesterday and today. Yesterday, I played at my home course and shot an 86. I hit 6 GIR (since that was the big talk of this thread earlier). I also made my first hole in one in my life! It was the best feeling I've ever felt in golf. Hit it with my MP-18 MB PW on a 127 yard par 3. Hit it about 3 feet past the hole and spun it right in. See the photo below :).

My round today wasn't played at my home course, but it is a course I've played a lot and is easier than my home course. I shot an 82 (personal best for me, previous was 84) with 7 GIR. My drivers were off today with most going left, but my iron game & putting saved my round. Maybe I've just been playing well lately, but I really think the irons have helped my game. To all the blade haters, accept the fact that they aren't as hard to hit as you make them out to be.

Awesome progress. My 2 cents on the choice between CB and MB clubs. 2 factors about a club are Mishit forgiveness and the effect the club has on your swing. So maybe a CB has forgiveness on a mishit. I don’t buy it but science, right. Like the 5 yard gain on each club upgrade each year. Should be driving 400 yards by now. What I do feel is the feedback a MB gives over a CB on the swing. I have 52’s and 69’s. I play 52’s when I am not playing much to ease up my back. The 69’s take a little more effort to swing but I can feel so much more in the tempo and balance of the club. So if a club gives more feedback and feel, then that should result in better strikes, which in turn have less need on “forgiveness”.

I am a 5 handicap and have enough hours in practice to know when a club assists in your swing which I find more important than assisting in sugar coating a crappy swing. Sort of like throwing a whiffle ball and a baseball. A whiffle ball is too light.

I’m sure there are those that disagree but I shot a 72 with a set of 69’s as well as a few under par 9’s. I don’t score like that with my 52’s.

You know what I find interesting ? :blink:

Well, I'm going to tell ya anyway. :lol:

What club in the bag is the most important ? Many would say it's the putter. If you have a great round it's usually because you putted somwhere from very well to lights out. If you have a poor ball striking day and don't hit many greens what club is usually the reason you had an "OK" round ? Your putter.

And how hard is it to hit the sweet spot on a stroke that goes all of 6-24 inches back and then through ? :rolleyes: I paid attention to that today while putting and figure I hit the putter right in the sweet spot about 60-70% of the time. Not necessary on the right line or with the right speed but right smack in the center. And the ones I don't hit in the center don't all miss either.

Take ALL these Tour Pros on a "hot" day and what ends up separating them ? The PUTTER. And whether it's an Anser style heel-toe weighted "blade" or a Tour Spider type "mallet" they all have various levels of forgiveness built into them.

So what makes anyone think that if the best players in the world want forgiveness in their putters, that we, nowhere near their level, don't need forgiveness on a full swing ?

It's adness I tell you. Coplete and utter adness. :aikido: :lol: :lol: :lol: (<----- Big Bang Theory fans might get that last part (cool) )

I have no problem putting with an 8802 style putter...compliments my MP4s perfectly ;-)

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

Many congrats on the HIO and two good rounds! Keep hitting GIR and scoring like that and the index will definitely come down quite a bit.

Congrats on the Ace!

Keep playing what fits your eye and continue to enjoy this greatest game of all.

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

To all the blade haters, accept the fact that they aren't as hard to hit as you make them out to be.

... This is why these threads are basically trolling. "blade haters"? I doubt many (any?) posting here hates blades. And for someone with even a decent swing, nobody said blades are hard to hit either.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

To all the blade haters, accept the fact that they aren't as hard to hit as you make them out to be.

... This is why these threads are basically trolling. "blade haters"? I doubt many (any?) posting here hates blades. And for someone with even a decent swing, nobody said blades are hard to hit either.

You took my comment way too literally lol. I meant it to all of the people throwing shade at non-scratch golfers playing blades.

TaylorMade SIM 10.5* - HZRDUS "Hulk" PVD Green 70 6.0

TaylorMade SIM Max 15* - GD AD-DI 7x

Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid - GD AD-DI 85x

TaylorMade P770 4-5 - Project X 6.0

TaylorMade P7MC 6-PW - Project X 6.0

Mizuno T20 50*, 55*, 60* - TI S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Pro V1x

Non-scratch eh.

Ya a 15 something index is getting mistaken for a 0.6 index all the time.

They're just one of those 0.6s with a good short game and can putt.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I am actually going to put this into practice this season.

As of today, I'm a 27 handicap. I first picked up a club 3 years ago. My second year, I didn't play much. Last season, I played nearly every weekend.

In October, I moved to a building with a TrueGolf simulator, so I've been able to practice a lot during the off-season and during the week.

My game took a big leap forward when I bought a Mizuno T-Zoid Pro 6 iron for practice, and found that the club improved my ability to find the center of irons very rapidly and efficiently. The highlight of my golf season last year was nailing my first true birdie via a good drive and a 7 iron that I stuck within 3 feet on a par 4, via an intentional draw with a T-Zoid Pro.

Iron-wise, I have Mizuno MP-4s sitting in my bag. I practiced a bunch with them during the offseason, but haven't hit a real hole on real grass yet with them. That being said, since I was able to function pretty well with T-Zoids, I think turf interaction will be fine.

I have hopes to drop 10 strokes from my handicap with continued practice. My theory is that the blades will help, rather than hurt, because they keep my misses from going long and offline, and they give me true feedback about when my swing is working and I'm making good contact.

If I'm wrong, my investment was $280. But honestly, I find my misses with blades really aren't that bad, while my good shots feel amazing and are truly memorable. I play recreationally, and if I can walk out of a round with one or two great shots or memories, I count the day a great success. As a beginner who treats every round as practice and learning, I think blades are the right choice for me. :)

This is a serious question. As a 27 handicap, are you really taking "turf interaction" into account when choosing clubs? I'm just trying to understand what people are thinking of as they learn the game of golf in 2019.

Picking this back up from earlier in the week. On “turf interaction” I was mainly thinking “will I be severely punished by playing an iron with a small sole and little bounce, especially if I hit behind the ball.”

I got 9 holes in today. It was 37 degrees, but it was a great experience. Had my first experiences hitting the MP-4s on real grass. I’m normally a sweeper, and I had no issues making good contact. Divots were pretty clean when I had them. No strikes fell behind the ball, so no issues with too much digging.

The fact is, I could only dream of hitting the ball as well as I did today during the summer. I had AP1s, and had relatively no idea where the ball would go and I struggled with topping the ball.

Things changed when I bought an old T-zoid Pro 6 iron—my ballstriking improved after about 4 hours worth of range time. And as much as it might seem crazy, the MP-4s aren’t much different than the T-Zoids—they just feel a lot better on good strikes and don’t sting as badly on poor strikes.

Long story short, I need to really work on my putting and short game. I easily lost 8 strokes today on bad putts and wedge play. But I’m thrilled with my MP-4s and am looking forward to this new golf season.