(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

I just wanted to add that the true success of this site is due to the insight, depth of knowledge, helpful comments, and humor brought here by the forum members. Yes, the look and feel of the new software is important, necessary to upgrade, and may deter some from posting in the interim. But imho this community is unlikely to go elsewhere. They’ll hang in there, and so will I.

radiman said:

Sef said:

radiman said:

Konklifer said:

portland said: 

For anyone that has ever been on a forum that went through a software upgrade - at first no one likes it, then you use it for a few weeks, forget about the old software and appreciate the new software.  The same will happen here ?

This is vastly different. This is a woefully unfinished product going live to a membership of hundreds of thousands of users. 

Dude, it's a free site for you to use. This isn't some mega corporation. They just came out and said they're still working on it. It's not the end of the world here. 

Dude, the more users they have the more ad revenue they generate. It’s in their best interest to make the interface as user friendly as possible. It’s not like they’re a charity...

They are getting absolutely **** on because the view of the free content needs some tweaking. They already said they're going to be working on it. It's a minor inconvenience and people are just being asshats about it.

they make money off their userbase through ad revenue, saying they are just providing free content is disingenuous. i also pay for clubwrx, i pay 10 bucks to pin ads when i use the bst. we get it's a work in progress, but some major, major functionality is missing that is turning off a lot of people real fast.

No, they are getting s*** on because most of this stuff just plain sucks. I know absolutely nothing about this IT stuff however in speaking to two individuals who do know a whole lot about it, one of whom has posted his opinion at least once on these “new” pages and he’s been retired since he was 32yo(he’s 37yo) as a programmer after he designed & sold an app and program to Google, and he said that the UI is “bulls***, super bland and so 1990’s,” lol. In full disclosure, he also stated that “this is not the final  version,” though this being life, follow the money Gents, or better, what brings the money, and it ain’t you jabronis, or my dumb arse, lol. Open source= FREE ?. Hey, it keeps the idiots like me off the board though, lolol. I posted once, maybe twice yesterday and as I get bored, that’ll drop, lmao. I’m gonna be good for one post every 3-4 days so for some of you, this was a Godsend???

Oh, it’s gonna crash???

How many times has that happened since 2005?????

But hey, I found one good thing~ 

I can’t even find my messages???

For you knuckleheads that’re fixin to rip me for my IT idiocy, I’ve already plead guilty to that skip~

Peruse my golf related posts, threads & thoughts, read em, think about the serious ones and most of you’ll learn something even if ya disagree with me, and please....

STFU?

To the rest of ya, stay well, have a great weekend and I’ll see ya next week?

Hey, it’s gonna get better????

I  gotta another 58 minutes to correct my typos??

Even I can do that???

Hahaha, I did it with 54 minutes to spare?

I loooooove this place??

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

The company I work for replaced a complete company wide system in May 2016. We are still trying to discover why it was bought. It is shite. Yes, the original provider only had one 95 year old service guy who could still support it...folks tell us its scalable...but its a beast...most importantly, customers hate their interaction with it. The folks that can sell this crap must be salesman of the year and have + handicaps.

I have been through many network changes and operating system changes.  The upgrade or change is normally better in the long run... but the new forum has to get easier on the eyes.  Going to the forums now gives me a headache versus a stress relief.

Yep, this.  We're on day three now, without any real change to the basic theme.  Theme colors are one of the first choices that get made and are easy to subsequently tweak...and it's still more or less several shades of gray swimming in a sea of white.  That this launched looking like it does and has yet to substantially change makes me very worried that someone at golfwrx actually likes it this way.  It's a little better on mobile, but the desktop version is just about unusable.  It literally hurts after 10 or 15 minutes.  I can't be the only one with an office who previously spent a lot of time on the desktop version during working hours.  Optimizing for mobile is great for the kidz, but large screens aren't going away anytime soon.  If the current appearance and color scheme are intentional that's a major problem.

EricWGolf said:

How do I unsubscribe to a specific thread?

@howaboutme Go to the top of the thread, or to the My Bookmarks page and click the gold star. It should turn to an outline of a star. 

Yeah, I already do not have it as a bookmark but I do (did) have general notifications turned on for threads I participate it so I don't have to do an extra click each time and adjust each thread separately. Looks like I'll have to turn off the general notifications and just toggle bookmark star on/off as necessary. Another thing to get used to.

Glad my company's website didn't launch like this...the longer this drags on, the tougher it is for me to withhold judgment.

PXG 0811X Proto 9*
Ping G30 14.5*

Ping G20 Hybrid 17*
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22*
Ping K15 4 Hybrid

Ping Rapture J-Spec 5 Iron

Ping i5 6 Iron

Ping S59 7-PW
Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*, 58*
Ping Zing 2 BeCu

jj9000 said:
radiman said:
Sef said:
radiman said:
Konklifer said:
portland said: 
For anyone that has ever been on a forum that went through a software upgrade - at first no one likes it, then you use it for a few weeks, forget about the old software and appreciate the new software.  The same will happen here ?
This is vastly different. This is a woefully unfinished product going live to a membership of hundreds of thousands of users. 
Dude, it's a free site for you to use. This isn't some mega corporation. They just came out and said they're still working on it. It's not the end of the world here. 
Dude, the more users they have the more ad revenue they generate. It’s in their best interest to make the interface as user friendly as possible. It’s not like they’re a charity...They are getting absolutely **** on because the view of the free content needs some tweaking. They already said they're going to be working on it. It's a minor inconvenience and people are just being asshats about it.I don't think people are being asshats about anything.  People are giving honest Feedback.  If people didn't care, they'd just punch out and not return.  There is a difference between being rude just to be rude, and letting Richard, GX, and crew know that in our opinion they've wrecked what was the best golf forum on the planet isn't being an asshat.  Can they get it back?  Who knows.  But if this is 90% complete, they're going to lose members in droves b/c the site is d@mn near unusable.  Probably a good idea to get rid of the Users Online counter b/c logging on and seeing 845 users online...on a Thursday in Spring...when everyone wants to talk golf and look at new gear...is  disheartening.  Here's the kicker guys.  Members are willing to be patient, but, the longer you string this half @ssed looking interface out the more removed from the "GolfWRX" experience people came her for.  Again...for every member that sticks around for a month or two, you're going to see multiple members check out.  I'd really like to wake up in the morning, go through my normal routine, browse around WRX like I would read a newspaper years ago.  But, each time I log on, I'm hoping to see something vastly different.  I see minor improvements, but the overall user experience is sub-par...which is why I'm commenting on this thread...then likely checking out.  Participating in the Forums...or trying to make heads or tails of the navigation is uneventful.  I think you guys will quickly see the user decline in your data analytics relating to user participation.  Upgrading the back end is great, but, an expanded back end is meaningless without users on the front end.  Just my 2 cents.  Your site, not mine.  I hope you don't take offense to this post...as I'm giving honest Feedback.

...aaaand again it took me several minutes to post this b/c words I type correctly like "took" get autocorrected in the interface to "tiik" ... and the word "like" gets autocorrected to "ifft".  No rhyme...no reason.  It took me 3 times the amount of time to post this b/c I'm correcting words I typed correctly from words like "tilk" and "ifft".

I didn't mean to sound as though I think everyone is being a jerk about this. Some of the feedback is indeed constructive and some just isn't.

In my eyes, there is constructive criticism and there is complaining. Bringing up items that we wish were improved upon is constructive. Blaming them for ruining the site and telling them how much they botched the migration is not. It is too late to go back now. This the new platform and the path is forward. There are a lot of things behind the scenes we do not know. Making assumptions that since there is revenue generated by this site so it should be flawless is a broad stroke of the brush.

For those who simply cannot read anything because the page is white, I shutter to think of what happens when you have to type or review a word document.

On the plus side, I was typing on mobile this morning and didn't seem to have the same issues I was in that regard. Also, looks like they added the navigation at the top of the page again. The biggest thing I miss was the threads that had unread comments were bold vs ones that I have already caught up on.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

As someone who works in IT project management I'll say that the decision to pivot to something new isn't always easy but hopefully it's the right choice in the long run. Good luck with the implementation and initial bug fixes! Looking forward seeing the end result.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

mmack067 said:

As someone who works in IT project management I'll say that the decision to pivot to something new isn't always easy but hopefully it's the right choice in the long run. Good luck with the implementation and initial bug fixes! Looking forward seeing the end result.

Maybe this is why I so sympathetic.  I work in the IT industry for a small family owned company who is always looking to spend the least amount possible for everything.  Our migrations are always done to get us functional first and customize after the fact.  I have been on the receiving end of an endless stream of "this sucks" comments on cutover days.  I typically filter those out and focus on the genuine questions and feedback.  

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

radiman said:

Sef said:

radiman said:

Konklifer said:

portland said: 

Dude, the more users they have the more ad revenue they generate. It’s in their best interest to make the interface as user friendly as possible. It’s not like they’re a charity...

They are getting absolutely **** on because the view of the free content needs some tweaking. They already said they're going to be working on it. It's a minor inconvenience and people are just being asshats about it.

“Some” tweaking?? Not sure there’s a sycophant badge but I could be mistaken

Sabumnim3 said:

radiman said:

Sef said:

radiman said:

Konklifer said:

portland said: 

“Some” tweaking?? Not sure there’s a sycophant badge but I could be mistaken

Lol.  Maybe I am easier to please?  From my viewpoint, the coloring could use some adjusting.  Navigation could be streamlined a little bit (which they did adjust a little by adding the forum navigation at the top).  Maybe a better way to separate the topics on each sub forum.  I am still able to get around where I want to go right now.  

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

radiman said:

mmack067 said:

Maybe this is why I so sympathetic.  I work in the IT industry for a small family owned company who is always looking to spend the least amount possible for everything.  Our migrations are always done to get us functional first and customize after the fact.  I have been on the receiving end of an endless stream of "this sucks" comments on cutover days.  I typically filter those out and focus on the genuine questions and feedback.  

Ya there's always going to be growing pains when you flip the switch but at a certain point you just have to move forward and accept that there will be some work to get the product to where it needs to be. On top of that, people just hate any sort of change, so even if the launch is super smooth there will be a ton of hate just because it's different than what the users are used to. 

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

One thing that I neglected to say above though I didn’t want it in the same post as my rant~

Besides, my 60 minutes might be up so I couldn’t include it anyways, lol?

Richard, Gx, Thrillkill & the mod with the baddest a*** avatar I’ve encountered in the virtual world, the Sheriff?, are the Best!!

Top Shelf Class Acts!!

This is next to an impossible task and then ya throw idiots like me into the mix?, lol??

Nah, I’ll have Maddie or my 8yo step-daughter assist me in getting up to speed, lol

Anyhoo, have a great weekend Gals & Gents?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

jj9000 said:
Suggestion...get rid of this ****.

sr26hzc34i9a.png

You can change your notification settings to get rid of that. 

If you click on the notification icon on the top of the page, you will see an adjustment icon on the top right if the pop-up menu. It'll bring you to a page where you can deselect the email notification option for that.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS