(UPDATED) ANNOUNCEMENT: New Forum Software and what to expect. Old layout will be back soon.

that's a mountain lion

@cougarthesecond even without a long tail?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

jj9000 said:
HitEmTrue said:
mgls3jjktb47.jpegJust uploaded this pic from my phone...couldn’t do this before, correct?  

This guy or gal crossed my path at the end my round last Saturday.  Bobcat or some other good sized wildcat in case it isn’t easy to see. 

Was it carrying a SLDR-C ??

That's a dead giveaway.

This could be one of the best posts ever on golfwrx. Lol. 

@cougarthesecond now I wish I’d been paying better attention...I was trying to get my phone out to take picture without spooking him, and then he was further away.   In the pictures I took can’t see a tail, but it could be blending in with his leg.  Have seen bobcats on this course before.  

Have cougars made it up to Fort Worth area now?

On the thread topic, @nsxguy quoted me (no @ I don’t think) and I got a notification.  So that’s good. 

ivygynonc said:
@everyone, who cares if you can do the @ sign now.  this is a 9 steps back and will take a year to get half way back to what it was before.  the @ sign....  who in the world thinks that is a worthwhile addition???

It came with the new platform.  I’m betting it isn’t a feature they added at the expense of old features that we are waiting for them to put into place. 

I’ve got confidence that Richard and his team will quickly make improvements.  

nsxguy said:
HitEmTrue said:
Redbird said:
@HitEmTrue

I get that, but that issue probably didn't begin over a week.  Likely the change was planned long in advance.  

They have been talking about changing platforms for quite a while.  They probably would have preferred to get more done before making the switch, but too many resources (time) were going toward keeping the old system up and running.

So an @ causes a notification, but a quoted reply does not.  The both should cause notification, or neither.   In my opinion, of course.  :)

It's discussion board but the discussion doesn't take place in real time but in posters going back to where they were before.

"Likes" and being quoted should generate a notification - just as it did before. That's how we know where to look for a continuing discussion.Funny.  I never got notified for quoted messages before. Likes yes. But not quotes. Wonder why mine didn’t do that ? 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

As a former lead mod of a huge ski forum i have mad respect for you guys taking this to a next level platform. Your focus on sustainability bodes well for the long run. I can certainly be patient but my banker may get curious if my accounts start building up, so thanks for keeping BST as a priority.

12* TM M2 

16* Ping G400 4w

Cobra 7w

TM 5h

Mizuno 919 HM 6-G

Mizuno T22 52/s, 56/d, 60/c

Tour Rossie II 34"

nsxguy said:
HitEmTrue said:
Redbird said:
@HitEmTrue

I get that, but that issue probably didn't begin over a week.  Likely the change was planned long in advance.  

They have been talking about changing platforms for quite a while.  They probably would have preferred to get more done before making the switch, but too many resources (time) were going toward keeping the old system up and running.

So an @ causes a notification, but a quoted reply does not.  The both should cause notification, or neither.   In my opinion, of course.  :)

It's discussion board but the discussion doesn't take place in real time but in posters going back to where they were before.

"Likes" and being quoted should generate a notification - just as it did before. That's how we know where to look for a continuing discussion.

Funny.  I never got notified for quoted messages before. Likes yes. But not quotes. Wonder why mine didn’t do that ? It might be a new feature...didn’t do it for me earlier. Did you get one now?

e-man said:
jj9000 said:
HitEmTrue said:
mgls3jjktb47.jpegJust uploaded this pic from my phone...couldn’t do this before, correct?  

This guy or gal crossed my path at the end my round last Saturday.  Bobcat or some other good sized wildcat in case it isn’t easy to see. 

Was it carrying a SLDR-C ??

That's a dead giveaway.

This could be one of the best posts ever on "The New" golfwrx. Lol. Fixed that for you!  Pretty funny how many guys wondering if Bobcat will be back promoting the SLDR C or if Opinder will be back with a new putter project.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

A couple questions to see if anyone knows...

When viewing on mobile how do you reply to a post? We used to have a reply option box is it now just the "quote"?

Servin, how do we tell which threads we have posted on? There used to be a star next to it. And it was a dark font of there were new posts since last viewed and now how do you tell? The little box with something like "12 new" I suppose?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

nsxguy said:
HitEmTrue said:
Redbird said:
@HitEmTrue

"Likes" and being quoted should generate a notification - just as it did before. That's how we know where to look for a continuing discussion.

Funny.  I never got notified for quoted messages before. Likes yes. But not quotes. Wonder why mine didn’t do that ? I never got the likes notification but certainly the quotes. 

how random.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

@Shilgy you hit “quote” and then go to the “leave a comment” box, and the quote should be in there.  Be careful...if you do it incorrectly, you will end up trapped inside the grey (quoted) section, with no way to get out!  On desktop, you can hit the <> at the top to change edit mode and then type something below the quoted area to get out of the problem. 

Also, if you decide to not post after hitting quote, the quoted section may haunt you later. 

The other question: that is stuff they are still working on, too.  

nsxguy said:
HitEmTrue said:
Redbird said:
@HitEmTrue

Funny.  I never got notified for quoted messages before. Likes yes. But not quotes. Wonder why mine didn’t do that ? I never got the likes notification but certainly the quotes. 

how random.

I think blade was talking about the old forum?

HitEmTrue said:
@Shilgy you hit “quote” and then go to the “leave a comment” box, and the quote should be in there.  Be careful...if you do it incorrectly, you will end up trapped inside the grey (quoted) section, with no way to get out!  On desktop, you can hit the <> at the top to change edit mode and then type something below the quoted area to get out of the problem. 

Also, if you decide to not post after hitting quote, the quoted section may haunt you later. 

That's bizarre. On mobile I had to hit the preview box to get below your gray boxed quote.

A lot to get used to for an older guy.?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Shilgy said:
HitEmTrue said:

That's bizarre. On mobile I had to hit the preview box to get below your great boxed quite.

A lot to get used to for an older guy.?

Shilgy, preview and then edit?  I just trapped myself (purposefully) in your quote and couldn’t find a way out. 

nsxguy said:
HitEmTrue said:
Redbird said:
@HitEmTrue

how random.Don't think it's random. If you "edit" your profile you will see notification options. The old board had it as well.

Whatever you check off will trigger a notification. It's just not clear, to me anyway, what all the possibilities are.

On the OLD board, I don't remember whether quoted posts were "automatic" or whether that was an option I had to check off. I know I checked off "If I get a PM" and "If I get a "like"". Those were the 3 types of notifications I got. Whenever I got one (or more) the number in the little red box above the notification icon would appear. That triggered my looking at all notifications.

So I don't think it's random at all.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Shilgy said:
Servin, how do we tell which threads we have posted on? There used to be a star next to it. And it was a dark font of there were new posts since last viewed and now how do you tell? The little box with something like "12 new" I suppose?
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18818176#Comment_18818176

Titleist Pro V1X

HitEmTrue said:
Also, if you decide to not post after hitting quote, the quoted section may haunt you later
@HitEmTrue Go to the menu at the bottom of the page and click “My Drafts”. Then delete that draft.https://forums.golfwrx.com/drafts

Just accidentally found that one after living with a ghost post for the past day.

• Like 1

EricWGolf said:
HitEmTrue said:
Also, if you decide to not post after hitting quote, the quoted section may haunt you later
@HitEmTrue Go to the menu at the bottom of the page and click “My Drafts”. Then delete that draft.https://forums.golfwrx.com/drafts

Just accidentally found that one after living with a ghost post for the past day.

Thanks Eric, I stumbled on that earlier today, too.  But I *think* I’ve had it happen when there weren’t any drafts in there.   

Those are apparently created automagically by autosave.  Just watched it happen.  

Not 100% sure about these but, Edit Profile, then "notifications".

mlfi1x8c9piu.png

Titleist Pro V1X

Thank you for your service! :smiley:

[i]Taylormade Stealth 2 w/ Small Batch Hazardous Green Smoke Stiff Flex[/i]
[i]Taylormade SIM 3W w/ Graphite Design ADDI 7S Stiff Flex[/i]
[i]PXG 19 Degree Gen1 Hybrid w/ Graphite Design ADDI Stiff Flex[/i]
[i]PXG 0311P Gen 5 4-W / AMT White Stiff[/i]
[i]Vokey SM 9 52, 56 and 60 Degree Wedges[/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron 009 Prototype Newport 2 / 35"[/i]

Sef said:

radiman said:

Konklifer said:

portland said: 

For anyone that has ever been on a forum that went through a software upgrade - at first no one likes it, then you use it for a few weeks, forget about the old software and appreciate the new software.  The same will happen here ?

This is vastly different. This is a woefully unfinished product going live to a membership of hundreds of thousands of users. 

Dude, it's a free site for you to use. This isn't some mega corporation. They just came out and said they're still working on it. It's not the end of the world here. 

Dude, the more users they have the more ad revenue they generate. It’s in their best interest to make the interface as user friendly as possible. It’s not like they’re a charity...

They are getting absolutely s*** on because the view of the free content needs some tweaking. They already said they're going to be working on it. It's a minor inconvenience and people are just being asshats about it.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Where can I change into a dark mode, my eyes are bleeding.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

nsxguy said:
Not 100% sure about these but, Edit Profile, then "notifications".

mlfi1x8c9piu.png

You can also get to this page by clicking the notification bell at the top of the page and then the three horizontal lines in the dropdown. 

I would think “Notify me when people comment on my discussions” would be a notification of being quoted, but I’m not sure. 

Thanks @nsxguy ... found the preferences settings.  One question.  What does “ writing on my wall “ mean ?   

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

radiman said:
Sef said:
radiman said:
Konklifer said:
portland said: 
For anyone that has ever been on a forum that went through a software upgrade - at first no one likes it, then you use it for a few weeks, forget about the old software and appreciate the new software.  The same will happen here ?
This is vastly different. This is a woefully unfinished product going live to a membership of hundreds of thousands of users. 
Dude, it's a free site for you to use. This isn't some mega corporation. They just came out and said they're still working on it. It's not the end of the world here. 
Dude, the more users they have the more ad revenue they generate. It’s in their best interest to make the interface as user friendly as possible. It’s not like they’re a charity...They are getting absolutely **** on because the view of the free content needs some tweaking. They already said they're going to be working on it. It's a minor inconvenience and people are just being asshats about it.I don't think people are being asshats about anything.  People are giving honest Feedback.  If people didn't care, they'd just punch out and not return.  There is a difference between being rude just to be rude, and letting Richard, GX, and crew know that in our opinion they've wrecked what was the best golf forum on the planet isn't being an asshat.  Can they get it back?  Who knows.  But if this is 90% complete, they're going to lose members in droves b/c the site is d@mn near unusable.  Probably a good idea to get rid of the Users Online counter b/c logging on and seeing 845 users online...on a Thursday in Spring...when everyone wants to talk golf and look at new gear...is  disheartening.  Here's the kicker guys.  Members are willing to be patient, but, the longer you string this half @ssed looking interface out the more removed from the "GolfWRX" experience people came her for.  Again...for every member that sticks around for a month or two, you're going to see multiple members check out.  I'd really like to wake up in the morning, go through my normal routine, browse around WRX like I would read a newspaper years ago.  But, each time I log on, I'm hoping to see something vastly different.  I see minor improvements, but the overall user experience is sub-par...which is why I'm commenting on this thread...then likely checking out.  Participating in the Forums...or trying to make heads or tails of the navigation is uneventful.  I think you guys will quickly see the user decline in your data analytics relating to user participation.  Upgrading the back end is great, but, an expanded back end is meaningless without users on the front end.  Just my 2 cents.  Your site, not mine.  I hope you don't take offense to this post...as I'm giving honest Feedback.

...aaaand again it took me several minutes to post this b/c words I type correctly like "took" get autocorrected in the interface to "tiik" ... and the word "like" gets autocorrected to "ifft".  No rhyme...no reason.  It took me 3 times the amount of time to post this b/c I'm correcting words I typed correctly from words like "tilk" and "ifft".

• Like 1