Ping's new G410 LST driver

GolfWRX_Spotted

> @tbowles411 said:

> OK, seriously...who is the LST for? I get we can move weight to affect ball flight, but all this does is bring down spin, but maintain higher launch due to the MOI?

People looking for low spin and forgiveness. I hit the G410 Plus earlier in the year, but it spun too much. In my experience, Ping drivers are the most forgiving out there, but a lot of them spin too much for me to be able to use them. The LST is a good option for people like me who generate a lot of spin, but don't want to make the tradeoff in forgiveness that most low spin driver designs require.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > OK, seriously...who is the LST for? I get we can move weight to affect ball flight, but all this does is bring down spin, but maintain higher launch due to the MOI?

> People looking for low spin and forgiveness. I hit the G410 Plus earlier in the year, but it spun too much. In my experience, Ping drivers are the most forgiving out there, but a lot of them spin too much for me to be able to use them. The LST is a good option for people like me who generate a lot of spin, but don't want to make the tradeoff in forgiveness that most low spin drivers require.

I get that. Where I'm coming from is uber forgiving, but since PING has finally added weighting to change ball flight, I'm considering the LST for the first time to reduce spin. I'm usually in the 2800 ish range. I know we can choose a shaft to knock down launch and spin, but will this get me down to the 2200 (or so) range and still be forgiving. I know I need to get fit, but this the first time I've ever even considered it.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

>

>

> > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > OK, seriously...who is the LST for? I get we can move weight to affect ball flight, but all this does is bring down spin, but maintain higher launch due to the MOI?

> > People looking for low spin and forgiveness. I hit the G410 Plus earlier in the year, but it spun too much. In my experience, Ping drivers are the most forgiving out there, but a lot of them spin too much for me to be able to use them. The LST is a good option for people like me who generate a lot of spin, but don't want to make the tradeoff in forgiveness that most low spin drivers require.

>

> I get that. Where I'm coming from is uber forgiving, but since PING has finally added weighting to change ball flight, I'm considering the LST for the first time to reduce spin. I'm usually in the 2800 ish range. I know we can choose a shaft to knock down launch and spin, but will this get me down to the 2200 (or so) range and still be forgiving. I know I need to get fit, but this the first time I've ever even considered it.

Not sure what you’re using currently, but what I’ve heard is that the LST will spin about 400ish less than the Plus, but there’s a lot that goes into that, so it’s hard to say until you try it. For me, I’m hoping this is the time I finally realize LM numbers aren’t everything, and to trust what happens on the course. But I’m dumb, so probably not.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Took the g410 lst back out to the range tonight. Seriously I think this thing is more forgiving than the Plus, which I had and played for a couple month, and feels hotter off the face. Definitely more square than the g400lst I have. The flat setting seems to really fit the window I wanted. Might mess with moving the weight to the fade setting next time, but for now really liking it. Haven't felt this much control with a driver since the digitally lofted G I had. Love it so far.

• Like 1

G400 Lst 8.5, Tour AD TP 6X, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 Tour Ad TP 6X, Aldila Rogue 125 msi 60X
Tour Edge CBX 3 woods, Atmos Blue TS 7X, Kai'li 70X, Diamana BF70X
Tour Edge CBX 5 woods, Kai'li 80X, Diamana BF70X
718 Ap2's, Project X LZ 6.5 ssx1
Vokey SM6 wedges w/ s400
Odyssey #7 putter.
1 bad a** yamaha drive golf cart on 14's.

> @tbowles411 said:

> I get that. Where I'm coming from is uber forgiving, but since PING has finally added weighting to change ball flight, I'm considering the LST for the first time to reduce spin. I'm usually in the 2800 ish range. I know we can choose a shaft to knock down launch and spin, but will this get me down to the 2200 (or so) range and still be forgiving. I know I need to get fit, but this the first time I've ever even considered it.

The Mizuno ST190 with the Atmos Black TS shaft will do all that. Have seen spin with mine lower than 2,200 easily, and it out-gunned by previous G400 LST. It's $100 cheaper than the new Ping as well.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > So I went to the store to check out the G410 LST and it sits horribly open, before that I saw an Instagram post from Ping where it sits neutral...?! Anyone know if the face will go neutral in any of the settings?!

> >

> > My pic:

> > zvv99p9ee7he.jpg

> >

> > Ping's pic:

> >

> > 2db6ft9xym8k.jpg

> >

> >

> >

>

> Open in never horrible good Sir.

Always remember that as you adjust the height at which you hold the handle/grip you'll shut or open the face angle.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

I had a really great driving day with the LST at a team scramble event this morning. Most drives fell into what I would expect distance wise from my Gmax. The lst really shines into the wind. The lower launch with less spin was giving some surprising results. We had 16-20 mph head on wind's and managed to stay in the 270-280's total. My max would have ballooned and died out in the 255+ range.

Very predictable controled fades on most shots. Highlight of the day was a 317 downwind almost to the group on the green. I hate to jump ship off a few rounds but I don't see the max going back in the bag for a while. I have had some great drives with the max but was always swinging harder and risked losing the ball from it.

If you are on the fence you should really go out and test one out outside. It doesn't feel overly low spin but a good controled lower spin. I need to get on the gc2 and pull some numbers from it some day soon.

• Like 1

Mine should arrive Wed. Very much looking forward to it. Hoping for GMax type performance with lower spin...

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @"Don L" said:

> Thanks for the specs. I need to have a head weight around 198grams, so I will specify that in my order.

> Don

These 410 heads tend to be a bit heavier. I think the two I have were around 204-206 with the adapter. I ordered a lighter weight from the golf works to get swingweight close to d3 at 44.75.

G400 Lst 8.5, Tour AD TP 6X, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 Tour Ad TP 6X, Aldila Rogue 125 msi 60X
Tour Edge CBX 3 woods, Atmos Blue TS 7X, Kai'li 70X, Diamana BF70X
Tour Edge CBX 5 woods, Kai'li 80X, Diamana BF70X
718 Ap2's, Project X LZ 6.5 ssx1
Vokey SM6 wedges w/ s400
Odyssey #7 putter.
1 bad a** yamaha drive golf cart on 14's.

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > So I went to the store to check out the G410 LST and it sits horribly open, before that I saw an Instagram post from Ping where it sits neutral...?! Anyone know if the face will go neutral in any of the settings?!

> >

> > My pic:

> > zvv99p9ee7he.jpg

> >

> > Ping's pic:

> >

> > 2db6ft9xym8k.jpg

> >

> >

> >

>

> Open is never horrible good Sir.

Totall agree - sits nicely to my eye. For those that think it sits too open, use the + settings on the adapter

After a complete bag overhaul in the past 6 months (Cobra F9 Driver /Tour 4 wood, P770/750 combo, Nike engage wedges and Spider X) I’d told myself that I was done for new clubs this year.....now I’ve got it in my head that I need to at least try the 410LST....(I very nearly got a G400 instead of my F9 but the F9 is genuinely the most consistently long driver I’ve ever had)

I’m so glad this thing has come into my life. I’ve hit one ball in trouble with it in 2 rounds (including one tournament). After struggling badly with driving with the Flash Subzero for a few months now, it’s been liberating to play from the fairway so much. I can’t recommend the LST highly enough.

• Like 1

> @nickosbad said:

> After a complete bag overhaul in the past 6 months (Cobra F9 Driver /Tour 4 wood, P770/750 combo, Nike engage wedges and Spider X) I’d told myself that I was done for new clubs this year.....now I’ve got it in my head that I need to at least try the 410LST....(I very nearly got a G400 instead of my F9 but the F9 is genuinely the most consistently long driver I’ve ever had)

For me, F9 was very close in performance to 410 LST. Consistency is where

LST won, but not by much.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

> @buckeyefl said:

> Open is never horrible good Sir.

To some maybe so, but to others it can be. :)

I went down for a G410 driver fitting now that the LST is finally out, and as a naturally low spinner of the ball I was a better fit for for the normal G410 PLUS. Spin window was optimal at 2000 to 2200rpm. This thing produces straight high BOMBS!

My setup was 9° head setup down to 8° and a neutral weight with the Evenflow Black 75 6,5, I personally preferred the feel of the 6.0 so I ordered a Evenflow Black 75 6.0 Handcrafted tipped 0,5". It's lovely how the face angel doesn't change so much with the new adapter, to my eye the G410 9° sit neutral @ 8°. Also got the Tour65X so I could game it this weekend, won the longest drive in a best ball competition on Sunday, 290yards was my longest on a wet course that didn't give any roll.

Digital lofting is not available in Europe, not a least in the Nordics.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

> @t4t3r said:

> Anyone else compared both regular 410 and 410 LST?

I have a g410 LST head coming this week. I'll do some on course testing and get some launch monitor numbers in here after it comes in.

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

> @t4t3r said:

> Anyone else compared both regular 410 and 410 LST?

Numbers where very close for me, only a small spin difference. LST sits a bit open and is a bit more fade biased, nothing more to it. I couldn't spot the size difference at address.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

> @Hedgehog said:

> > @t4t3r said:

> > Anyone else compared both regular 410 and 410 LST?

> Numbers where very close for me, only a small spin difference. LST sits a bit open and is a bit more fade biased, nothing more to it. I couldn't spot the size difference at address.

>

>

Thanks. Really prefer something fade bias so I guess I’ll start with the LST although I didn’t find the 400 LST to have much if any fade bias. Just a visual thing but the absence of red on the sole is much more appealing as well.

Just received mine yesterday and was able to play 18. Performance was similar to my 400 LST but a touch less spin (small yardage increases) Good comparison as I had played the same course the day before with my 400 LST. The only bothersome thing is the sound, the 400 sounded a lot better IMO, back to a loud "ping: sound with the new one. Otherwise great stick and I like the flat setting.

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

Well my new adapters arrived today

Fitter has fire-saled me an Oban Tour Limited and I will toss the tip on whilst - less than patiently - awaiting EXCALIBUR

Off the hop the 3 shaft shootout will be the Tour 65x by Ping, Oban 65 Tour Limited X and RIP Phenom 50 TX

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @kcowgolf said:

> Just received mine yesterday and was able to play 18. Performance was similar to my 400 LST but a touch less spin (small yardage increases) Good comparison as I had played the same course the day before with my 400 LST. The only bothersome thing is the sound, the 400 sounded a lot better IMO, back to a loud "ping: sound with the new one. Otherwise great stick and I like the flat setting.

Will you hotmelt it? Sound is important to me coming from Ltd pro holy grail

I'm coming from an Epic Flash SubZero, so maybe my hearing was ruined by that, but I find the sound (and feel) of the G410 LST to be very pleasant. It's much quieter than Ping drivers in years past (G400 excluded). I'm surprised to hear any complaints about the sound.

I love mine so much after two rounds (including one tournament), I'm planning to give the G410 LST fairway a try.

• Like 1

> @"3 Jack Par" said:

> I'm coming from an Epic Flash SubZero, so maybe my hearing was ruined by that, but I find the sound (and feel) of the G410 LST to be very pleasant. It's much quieter than Ping drivers in years past (G400 excluded). I'm surprised to hear any complaints about the sound.

> I love mine so much after two rounds (including one tournament), I'm planning to give the G410 LST fairway a try.

I hit the 410 lst three wood off of grass on the weekend. Great stick

Funny how one club leads to line up extensions - same thing happened to me .. g400LST, led to the 3w and then the 5w

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> > @"3 Jack Par" said:

> > I'm coming from an Epic Flash SubZero, so maybe my hearing was ruined by that, but I find the sound (and feel) of the G410 LST to be very pleasant. It's much quieter than Ping drivers in years past (G400 excluded). I'm surprised to hear any complaints about the sound.

> > I love mine so much after two rounds (including one tournament), I'm planning to give the G410 LST fairway a try.

> I hit the 410 lst three wood off of grass on the weekend. Great stick

> Funny how one club leads to line up extensions - same thing happened to me .. g400LST, led to the 3w and then the 5w

>

>

I went into the last hole of my tournament +1, and the last hole was a par 5 with water starting about 285 from the tee, which narrows the fairway down significantly at that point, so I hit 3w for safety...and promptly wiped one out of bounds (terrible shot, no excuse for it). The only other tee shot I hit that got me into trouble on the day was also with the 3w (though that was a good swing, but just missed my target by a little bit), so it's obviously the club's fault. In all seriousness, I've come back to the realization that in my long game, I can really benefit more from a little extra forgiveness more than being able to hit it farther. Ping really seems to deliver that without much compromise when it comes to distance.