2020 Masters tickets

John K.

Here's an interesting outcome if they do cancel the Masters or prohibit patrons from the event.

Master will refund all ticket prices (no question in my mind, they don't need the money) OR they grandfather 2020 ticket holders for 2021. The tickets I have are serial numbered. I don't doubt that the Masters folks know who has which numbered ticketsGo with the refund route: I send in my tickets (I won them in the lottery) and they refund the cost to the original form of payment. No prob, because they were MY tickets in the first place. But what about a person who bought them on ebay from Joe Schmoe. If the Masters only refunds to the original form of payment, they 2nd hand purchaser gets hosed. Out $3-5K for the inflated price they paid, and they can't even get back the $75/ticket face value. Also if the person requesting the refund is DIFFERENT than the original purchaser, the Masters can ban the seller (name/email address/home address) from every being considered for the lottery again (yay!) and god forbid if you are an actual ticket holder.If they grandfather 2020 ticket holders for the 2021 event, but you have to MAIL your 2020 tickets back to get the 2021 tickets. Same issue as above. People who didn't sell are fine but anyone who bought on the secondary market trying to get 2021 tix will burn the original seller since the address/name/email will be different.This could turn into a massive boon for the Masters and honest folk who are dying to win the lottery to go to the Masters. They would remove half (?) of the people in their lottery system for reselling, and Patrons who have season tickets could also get banned, freeing up potentially THOUSANDS of season tickets to people who have been on the waiting list for decades.

I doubt any other sporting event has this level of tracking, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Masters did.

I think anyone who sold tickets this year should be very, very afraid.

I am seriously bummed because this was a bucket list trip for us and I am pretty sure the Masters isn't going to happen (at least not with Patrons). I already checked with my airline and hotel and we can cancel without problem, but unless Augusta grandfathers us for 2021, it could be a long time before we ever get the chance to go to the Masters again.

But if burning every single scalper was the one good thing that comes out of this BS coronavirus, that would be the silver lining and maybe make it easier for others to win the lottery in future years.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter

New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver (Matrix HD6 s-flex)  Titleist TSR2 18* fairway wood (Matrix Code-8 s-flex)   Adams A2P 20* hybrid (Rombax 8D07HB s-flex)
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW (Apex 4 soft-stepped)    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60 (DG S200)
Odyssey ProType 9 putter

The thing a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that the players may not WANT to play. These guys are normal people too - albeit with much bigger bankrolls than us lol. But they have families at home, kids in schools that are closing, elderly parents spread across the world - stuff going on same as we do. Their minds are elsewhere and they may not want to play. One of the GC guys said of the dozen or so "top players" he texted, not a single one of them had a complaint about cancelling these events. Whether its a concern about the virus itself or a concern over everything else in their lives.

And can we please put an end to all the virus debate - do that elsewhere and I will as well. There have been a number of reports on this thread from both sides and I dont feel like cleaning this up.

Knock it off. Please.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Wow. Talk about a silver lining. I may get to go to the masters eventually after all. I hope they burn the lottery winners who’ve sold for real.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Its seems to me from a logistical/PR perspective, the easiest thing to do will just be to have all 2020 tickets good for 2021. Return them if you want for a refund and they can move to a "very limited lottery" for those tickets.

I say this as a ticket holder for this year that had been trying for 40 years and I really do not want my money back.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Doubt there will be an physical returning of tickets; they're all barcoded and easily cancelled, just like tickets for a cancelled concert. I bet:

All 2020 tickets refunded/cancelled, keep them as a souvenirThe 2021 lottery will happen in a few months as usual, but if you had tickets for 2020 and enter the 2021 lottery you're guaranteed ticketsIf you had 2020 tickets and don't want 2021 tickets (are there such people?!?) then don't enter the 2021 lottery. That will free up a handful of tickets for folks who didn't have 2020 ticketsSimilar to the process they used a few years ago when MON was cancelled for weather 2 hours after gates opened

Stubhub refunds buyers when events are cancelled; happens all the time with concerts. They keep a credit card / bank account on file for sellers for this very situation; seller sees the money clawed back. Stubhub will take losses on bad sellers who have since been paid and closed those CC/DDA accounts and disappeared without responding to Stubhub for reimbursement.

With all the cancelled events and sold tickets coming up I wouldn't be surprised if Stubhub stops paying sellers when tickets sell and waits until the event is over. There would be a ton of pushback from sellers, but I think it's needed.

As someone who lives in Augusta(and attends the tournament most years), I can speak for myself and the general consensus of many of the locals. Most of the local population including myself hope they cancel the tournament this year. As much as we all enjoy the Masters and the energy and vibe it brings to the city every year, having tens of thousands of visitors flying in from all over the country and the world just doesn't sound like the best idea at the moment. We as local citizens are most concerned with what we are left with when the dust settles and the patrons leave. People from all over the world staying in family homes they've rented for the week. Hotels and restaurants overrun by people from all over the world, who have been in and out of airports and 767s. I have a one year old and a two year old, as well as elderly grandparents on both sides of my family living here. As far as cancelling too quickly, it really has to be decided sooner rather than later because of all of the logistics involved in that decision, whichever way it goes. You can't keep people guessing until the last few days leading up until the tournament.

If they do continue with the tournament in its normal capacity, I just ask anyone here that reads this and plans to come to Augusta, please bring your own water, hand soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, tampons(if this applies to you), etc. Because these supplies are exhausted locally.

• Like 1

I hope my tickets remain valid for next year. Note: if the cancel it.

I finally got a pair of practice round tickets

With that said could you imagine the $$$ loss of "masters 2020" apparel, hats and souvenirs the AGNC would have to absorb?

Next, Our airline Jetblue, our rental car company and our hotel have waived all cancellation fees, deadlines and offered refunds.....so we are still on if they have patrons attend, otherwise we can still back out. As far as the scalpers are concerned, Yup they'll make out for the sold tickets, but buyers will also have a the 2020 ticket

It's official... Postponed

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

For sale cheap!.........too soon?

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I wouldn't worry about the financial loss for the club. If any business can take the hit, it's Augusta.

As for people who bought scalped tickets from vendors other than StubHub and the like, you may be screwed. But that's life. I learned that risk as a teenager in NYC decades ago.

Not sure if Augusta will bother with chasing scalpers, though they've shown they have in the past. And not sure if it will really improve our odds if winning the lottery. I'd imagine the vast majority of tickets are used by fans. And the number of entries may be so great that it only improves chances by a percentage point or two.

While those who are playing for their cards would presumably be in favor of an opposite field event, who would sponsor the opposite field event? I'm not Nostradamus, but I can all but guarantee that any opposite field even would have no spectators, live or otherwise. I just can't see any event getting off the ground if it is to be held opposite of the Masters.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Very interesting scenarios here. I have entered the lottery every year since the inception back in 1995 (practice rounds) and 2012 (tournament rounds). This is the first year I was selected (for Tuesday). There was ZERO chance I would have considered selling my tickets. First, The Masters is an event that is difficult to get tickets to and I want to attend any chance I am fortunate to be able to. Second, with the tracking ability that The Masters tournament committee has put in place the risk of conduct against the criteria set by ANGC isn't worth losing the tickets or the ability to enter future ticket lotteries.

To those who sold their tickets or purchased second hand it will be interesting to see how things evolve.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I believe the PGA tour used to regularly schedule events the week of the Open Championship. But I agree that I can't remember it being done for a domestic major.

I'm not advocating for it but I was just saying that it they were that concerned about opportunities there would be ways around it. Of course September/October will be part of the new season so I don't know if opportunities will be as important at that time.