Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

43 minutes ago, DavePelz4 said:

Here's one for the books.  Think rudeness just applies on the golf course?  Went out for dinner with one of my sons and his GF Saturday night, and then we went to the "Putt Shack" in the Oak Brook shopping area.  Neat concept of basically high tech, glorified mini golf, with some really fun holes and the RFID technology kept it entertaining.  I won't comment on how incredibly slow it was, however, you basically follow the group in front of you in a herd like mentality.  

On the 9th hole, there was a group of 6 people (saw 8 somes as well) that didn't like how slow it was and literally walked in front of my son (6'5" and built like a LB) to "play through." They said to him, "we have other plans so we need to go." He asked them politely to wait their turn as they passed 3 other groups and one of the girls in the group jumped in front and said "let's go outside and I'll cut you up you MF."   My son is way more patient than me and he just ordered us another beverage and we let the AHs go.

When they were done, the girl came back, referred to my son as some type of cat and said, "you're lucky b*tch I didn't mess you up."

WT literal hell is going on people?

Never a dull moment for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavePelz4 said:

Here's one for the books.  Think rudeness just applies on the golf course?  Went out for dinner with one of my sons and his GF Saturday night, and then we went to the "Putt Shack" in the Oak Brook shopping area.  Neat concept of basically high tech, glorified mini golf, with some really fun holes and the RFID technology kept it entertaining.  I won't comment on how incredibly slow it was, however, you basically follow the group in front of you in a herd like mentality.  

On the 9th hole, there was a group of 6 people (saw 8 somes as well) that didn't like how slow it was and literally walked in front of my son (6'5" and built like a LB) to "play through." They said to him, "we have other plans so we need to go." He asked them politely to wait their turn as they passed 3 other groups and one of the girls in the group jumped in front and said "let's go outside and I'll cut you up you MF."   My son is way more patient than me and he just ordered us another beverage and we let the AHs go.

When they were done, the girl came back, referred to my son as some type of cat and said, "you're lucky b*tch I didn't mess you up."

stories like this are why I've completely changed my stance on whether or not you should ever hit a woman.   used to answer that with "never!", but now I say "definitely and do it more than once so she can't get back up."

• Haha 1

Got out to Makray this morning. Greens running incredibly fast but very beat up. Otherwise course was in good condition and pace of play wasn't terrible. Being a Floridian now, love the change of season.

Black Sheep tomorrow!

• Like 3

1W: TM Sim Max 10.5° (down 2) - Tensei Orange 70TX

3W: TM Sim Max 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana F Limited 75

3I: Titleist T200 20°

4-G: Cobra Forged Tec Black - KBS $ Taper 130x

SW: Titleist SM8 54 - DG S400

LW: Titleist SM8 58 - DG S400

P: Swag Suave Too

Ball: TM TP5x

7 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

Ever read “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury? Short story from 1950. Dystopian piece about what happens when people are raised by technology instead of actual parents. This is basically what’s happening. Some combo of kids having kids, people essentially raising themselves, or people thinking that behavior on Instagram and TikToc is normal human behavior and not just a way to get likes while appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

• Like 4

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

49 minutes ago, ldchristopher said:

Ever read “The Veldt” by Ray Bradbury? Short story from 1950. Dystopian piece about what happens when people are raised by technology instead of actual parents. This is basically what’s happening. Some combo of kids having kids, people essentially raising themselves, or people thinking that behavior on Instagram and TikToc is normal human behavior and not just a way to get likes while appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

Haven't but your having used dystopian said everything. My son and I work together and have been laughing about it all day.  The entitlement and total distain for everyone in front of that interesting group says it all.  They were fortunate it was my son they encountered as opposed to someone conceal carry who would have wanted to go outside and initiate something.  

Us old guys just want you to stay off our lawns and fix your own damn ball marks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ldchristopher said:

Deep thoughts from LD here. I like it.

According to my father, Oak Brook has gone to sh*t. 

Both are likely correct.

In golf news, I played Prairie Isle this afternoon. Course was in good shape. Greens were recently punched, but small marks and were running pretty true. Lovely fall afternoon.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

23 hours ago, DavePelz4 said:

We went there for a buddies birthday party back in the Spring and I won't go back. Cool place and the concept is unique but damn it was slow and we ran into a fair amount of "trash" as well...not as bad as yours though. Would much rather head to TopGolf and have it be much more laid back.

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

I forgot to mention in my short recap on my round at Prairie Isle, I believe they did some recent tree trimming on a few of the tighter par 4s. In particular, #2, #4 and #14. Standing on the tee box, all seemed noticeably more open than past rounds. I even hit driver on #2, which I almost never do.

As LD mentioned, GolfVisions is GolfVisioning Foxford Hills. If looking for a round in the greater Cary/Crystal Lake area, I would recommend Prairie Isle or Crystal Woods at the moment. Both are in nice shape and their greens have already been punched and are healing quickly.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

1 minute ago, Shriner said:

I have never played Bittersweet...anyone able to give a quick rundown?

TARGET GOLF. This is especially true on the front 9. 

A bit of a bi-polar course. The front is pretty short (only #2 is a long hole, a par 5) and pretty easy if you are playing a controlled game off the tee.

The back 9 is longer and harder.

I live 10 minutes away from it. And, yet, once a year is enough for me. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

2 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Target golf. Decent conditions. Can be extremely tricky in terms of which way your ball runs off a fairway and through the rough. Okay to play once or twice a year. 

A spot-on assessment. 

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

On 10/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, dhartmann34 said:

Sad to not wake up at Sand Valley this morning. What a fun few days of golf and hanging out. Still impressed that they have free snacks all over the course and ridiculously priced food at the snack huts in the course. Buy stuff for 4 guys.... That'll be $12 please. Huh? Did you count everything? Just a fantastic feeling not to be nickel and dimed on the course. 

Played Mammoth Saturday and shot 82. Played it again yesterday and hit 2 par fives in 2 and almost had a hole in one. Definitely happy with the +2, 75. Course definitely plays easier when you have seen the course a couple times. 

Sand Valley course was still probably my favorite. 

Lido opens sometime next year.... But not sure on availability to non-members yet. 

Already planning a return trip for 2023.

20221001_112742.jpg

20221002_081026.jpg

20221002_102029.jpg

I was also at Sand Valley last weekend.  Beautiful weather and the courses are in great shape. I've been more than my fair share of times, not sure why, but my scores on SV are always better than on Mammoth.  Shot of the weekend was a lip out for an ace on SV 14, probably as close as I've ever come.  

Dhartmann, Glad you you had a great maiden voyage.  

• Like 3

Somebody tipped over a cart on 18 at Highlands of Elgin today. There's a reason they don’t want you driving over the hills, but making you go backwards once you cross the line is also too dangerous. 

0AE0232D-84E7-4908-81DC-8D68A5DB5456.jpeg

Edited by Holy Moses
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

On 10/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, DavePelz4 said:

Oak Brook mall is turning into a sh*t show all around. It's barely worth even going to anymore. Too bad...

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi2 Titleist TS2 3w Titleist TS2 Hybrid Titleist T100 5-PW Titleist 718 T-MB 4i Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, 60* Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

On 10/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, DavePelz4 said:

Deep breath.

We know how their story ends...

On 10/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, cpeck12 said:

Oak Brook mall is turning into a sh*t show all around. It's barely worth even going to anymore. Too bad...

I can pretty much walk there and haven't been there in a couple years, outside of some of the resteraunts. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

On 10/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, chrisf60526 said:

For all the money these courses are making now, they could all do a better job.  But then again, labor issues and tons of play make it challenging.

Played The Sanctuary last week.  Greens are punched as well

What's the incentive for them to do better?  They're charging top dollar and the tee sheets are full regardless of conditions.  We're in Oct and tee times are still tough to find on the weekends. As terrible as it is to say,  I honestly wish some of these "covid golfers" would give the game up.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

15 hours ago, jimwgt26 said:

Can anyone recommend a club repair guy on the North Side or North burbs?  Open to anything except Club Champion, or PGA Superstore in Vernon Hills.  Thanks, 

I think Green Valley might do club repair

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

23 hours ago, jimwgt26 said:

Can anyone recommend a club repair guy on the North Side or North burbs?  Open to anything except Club Champion, or PGA Superstore in Vernon Hills.  Thanks, 

Ace Golf does club repair. 

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

I played the Preserve at Oak Meadows today. Fun course and some interesting holes. The greens were a little beat up and some of the areas around the green were lacking grass and were chewed up on several holes 

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

On 10/6/2022 at 7:25 PM, jimwgt26 said:

GG Vernon Hills had a couple of decent guys.

not sure what you need.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

15 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

GG Vernon Hills had a couple of decent guys.

not sure what you need.

Thanks. 

I needed to reshaft a 7i with a Project X LZ. First went to PGA SS in Vernon Hills. The club repair guy said it would take 6 months to order a custom shaft. He was jerk when I asked a follow up question so I left.

I went across the street to Golf Galaxy. The kid behind the counter suggested I look on thegolfworks.com. Easy enough, I had the shaft in 36 hours. Dropped it off last night, and they just called and said it’s ready to pick up. When I brought it in, I thought he was thorough, he measured my 8i and 6i’s and checked them for swing weight. Also looked up the manufactures specs to compare vs his analysis. Hopefully, it will be a solid job. 

We just got in off the wait list for CDGA Lost Dunes event on Monday. It will be nice to have complete set. 

• Like 4

On 10/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, jimwgt26 said:

I was also at Sand Valley last weekend.  Beautiful weather and the courses are in great shape. I've been more than my fair share of times, not sure why, but my scores on SV are always better than on Mammoth.  Shot of the weekend was a lip out for an ace on SV 14, probably as close as I've ever come.  

Dhartmann, Glad you you had a great maiden voyage.  

That's fantastic! I actually thought SV course was easier than the mammoth course. I drew it up to the fact that a LOT of the Mammoth greens complexes were extremely difficult to navigate, especially with some fully and half blind shots in. The SV course is pretty straightforward. 

I love that facility. Going to try and take my dad up for 36 holes one day next year. He's going to be in heaven.... 

• Like 1