2019 Northern Trust @ Liberty National, NJ

flushem

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @d1bound said:

> > Holy crap this is painful

> Reminds me of a Sports Illustrated article many, many years ago that posted frame by frame photos of Jack taking 3:20 to hit a putt.

>

>

Jack was even worse, half of the time spent was him standing over the ball and waiting for him to make the stroke.

At least Bryson's moving around most of the time.

If Jack had the modern green reading books at the start of his career....eeek

I’ve always thought it was an easy fix. You time the first five groups right from the start to ensure a decent pace. Any group that falls out of place is notified they’re out of place and the first time violation after that is a stroke.

It keeps early groups from backing up the course, everyone gets treated the same and the tournament ends on time.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

For the Champ haters he shot a 66 today and is currently sitting at 23rd. He looks to be a lock to advance to Medinah next week. Heating up just in time to win again during the swing season too.

It might be interesting to see if Spieth can keep up his good play or fade again. He just hasn't been the same since this tournament 2 years ago when he went up against DJ in the playoff.

Unfortunately still no CBS for me and can't even get reception with an antenna due to my location.

Rory deciding to start giving those strokes back right off the first tee. Lol.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

> @imakaveli said:

> Koepka should practice more.

Claude Harmon III confirmed to Sky Sports that Brooks swing has been a little off this week. If I recall correctly he mentioned alignment issues.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Krt22 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > "as soon as i touched it "

> >

>

> Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > "as soon as i touched it "

> >

>

> Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

you literally said he never intended to touch the sand.i present video evidence that directly contradicts your statement with rorys own words saying he wanted to and then did. He then said " think i didnt improve the lie" not so 100% certain. Calm down and enjoy the rest of the tourney.

> @"the bishop" said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @kthomas said:

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > > > > > Rory got a 2 stroke penalty for that? Harsh.

> > > > > > > What if you have your caddie move the stones? Same rules apply?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > its the rule. If theres doubt you dont touch it.I dont agree with it being 2 shots nor do i agree with it being rescinded after the round. Faldo was wrong about there not being any advantage gained. He admitted to removing a tuft of sand directly behind the ball he thought was a pebble.By definition it improved his lie. I take him at his word that he thought it was a pebble but thems the breaks. Should be 1 shot and try to recreate the lie to make it fair to his competitors/field.

> > > > >

> > > > > No he didn't admit to removing anything. He said he touched it and then let go when he realized it wasn't a rock.

> > > > >

> > > > > He even pointed it out to the official as if it was still there.

> > > >

> > > > He did though, it disintegrated in his finger hence not there anymore.He was making the best case for himself not being penalized which i understand...

> > > > Go rub your finger behind your ball in a bunker and remove/brush a little sand.it improves your lie. its not debatable. they rescinded because of "intent"

> > >

> > > It didn't improve the lie, and it's not against the rules - obviously the PGA doesn't think it's against the rules either after they rescinded it.

> >

> > A ruling was changed after the round due to a star player lobbying!! color me shocked. If it didnt improve hislie why bother attempting to remove the non existing pebble.Some critical thinking is needed.

> > A "pebble" sticks out of the sand so by definition he cant make as clear contact with the ball so he bends over touches that spot which turns out to be sand so that obviously gets flattened allowing more of the ball to show aka improving the lie. i think the 2 shot penalty is too harsh in this scenario however the penalty was warranted and Rory did the right thing by reporting it to the official. Were allowed to disagree with the rules and officials.Im doing both at the same time

>

> If it was not a star player would it have been ok to lobby? A player, any player, is allowed to challenge a ruling. After listening to the player and PGA rules officials the USGA agreed the penalty should be rescinded. And yes I read the rule. I respect you on this board and generally enjoy reading your posts. I just disagree with your interpretation here.

I have no problem with your opinion but if you think his profile didnt factor into the equation i think its naive. Look at Tiger at the 2013 masters, any other player is DQed. It happens.again just my opinion. I would do the same mind you ie argue my case if i had clout

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > Koepka should practice more.

>

> Claude Harmon III confirmed to Sky Sports that Brooks swing has been a little off this week. If I recall correctly he mentioned alignment issues.

his short game has been spot on though. i counted like 8-9 up and ins that werent easy

> @DrivingChamp said:

> Please not reed

He may be unpopular with some fans but he's a fine player. Has all the shots and his stuck medium-high tight draw is quintessential tour trajectory

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @lowheel said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > "as soon as i touched it "

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > "as soon as i touched it "

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

>

> you literally said he never intended to touch the sand.i present video evidence that directly contradicts your statement with rorys own words saying he wanted to and then did. He then said " think i didnt improve the lie" not so 100% certain. Calm down and enjoy the rest of the tourney.

He was intending to touch a pebble which turned out to be sand, and that's no big whoop. No matter how you parse who said what, this isn't the Zapruder film you're making it out to be.

Secondly--and most importantly--it's okay to touch the sand, AND it's okay to intend to touch the sand. You can't intend to test conditions, or to improve your lie. That's it. Rory wasn't intending to test the conditions or improve his lie, he was intending to remove a pebble. It would've been a penalty last year; it clearly shouldn't be under the new rules this year. They got it wrong on the course, then correct afterwards.

I agree with your posts about 99% of the time, but just take the L here and move on my man.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> Slow play

>

> start timing with the first group so they have to set a reasonable pace too

>

> One bad time: warning

> Two bad times: two strokes

> Three bad times: DISQUALIFICATION on the spot

>

>

youre 100% correct. 1 DQ or a few 2 stroke penalties would change things quickly. DJ took less time taking an unplayable and trying to figure out where to take a drop in fescue than Bryson did hitting an 8 footer. somethings gotta give

> @jmck said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > "as soon as i touched it "

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @lowheel said:

> > > > "as soon as i touched it "

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. As determined by the PGA tour officials, that was precisely the moment when a penalty did not occur. Profound evidence you have presented though, extremely compelling.

> >

> > you literally said he never intended to touch the sand.i present video evidence that directly contradicts your statement with rorys own words saying he wanted to and then did. He then said " think i didnt improve the lie" not so 100% certain. Calm down and enjoy the rest of the tourney.

>

> He was intending to touch a pebble which turned out to be sand, and that's no big whoop. No matter how you parse who said what, this isn't the Zapruder film you're making it out to be.

>

> Secondly--and most importantly--it's okay to touch the sand, AND it's okay to intend to touch the sand. You can't intend to test conditions, or to improve your lie. That's it. Rory wasn't intending to test the conditions or improve his lie, he was intending to remove a pebble. It would've been a penalty last year; it clearly shouldn't be under the new rules this year. They got it wrong on the course, then correct afterwards.

>

> I agree with your posts about 99% of the time, but just take the L here and move on my man.

LOL, you cant take an L for an opinion founded in the rules. Its possible to walk and chew gum all at once. The penalty was rescinded because Rory said hes 100% sure he didnt improve the lie.On video he said i dont think i did(improve the lie).Never claimed its zapruder level. Of course hes allowed to touch the sand i was answering anothers posters claim that it was accidental which clearly it wasnt. As an experiement try moving sand behind a ball in the bunker even a little bit and tell me how it doesnt improve your lie? by default it does. either way, its over and were allowed to disagree with interpretation calls. he argued his case and won. I simultaneously commend rory for reporting it and think its a crappily written rule to begin with.

I wouldnt find a change that may occur in sand from a light tough with a finger to be an improvement. Standard bunker shot (which that was) hitting behind the ball anyway. A few grains different (if it even amounted to that) isn't worth a hill of beans. If you're taking about building a channel behind a fried egg, yeah that'd be different.

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @dcfas said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > > @dcfas said:

> > > Did they just say Reed hit that iron 267?

> > Shot link says 280.

> >

> Yeah. 267 to the middle of the green and he hit it through into the bunker. Dang. I can’t even hit a 4 iron 200 yards these days.

>

Get a hybrid, you be on in 2 from 2 hundred

From the rough!

Meantime, DJ gotta wake up.

And check out Willet!

Could be a

“Worst 2 Masters winners paired on Sunday in a subsequent Fedex cup playoff event”

Thread title coming to Tour Talk; )