2019 Northern Trust @ Liberty National, NJ

flushem

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @16kid said:

> > Lots of Tiger injury talk on here, but did anyone listen to his comments before the US Open? It seems like he was content and shocked that he was able to win the Masters. It seems like his will to win is just gone. That is something I never thought I would have seen from Tiger Woods.

>

> Totally agree. The man came back and won twice including another major. I think that ended a chapter in his life from a personal accomplishment/competitive nature standpoint

I think so too and been saying that all year, he's lost some of that drive after the masters win. Either way, I'll be watching him play at the BMW next week

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > For the people who say the FedExCup doesnt matter....just take a look at this field. Strength of field is the highest of any regular tour stop this year other than the Majors and the Players.

> > Without the $ being thrown at these guys for the FedExCup, you dont get a field like this in August in a regular PGA Tour event.

>

> The field is strong because of the money on the line, not because it's such a great event that the best players in the world show up. The best players are the only ones allowed to show up.

For me; what's the difference? I don't care 'why' the best players show up, I just want to watch the best players in the world whenever they are out there.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

> @3whacker said:

> with today's results, does TW eliminate TW from consideration as a Captains pick on the Presidents Cup.......I still think he will pick Phil and hope that PM returns the favor when he is chosen as the next Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup Captain

I don't think Tiger really wants to play anyway. Phils form makes it easy to not pick him. And as far as Phil returning the favor to Tiger the soonest possible that Phil could be a captain would be 2021 and Tiger's health looks questionable now, I'm sure he's not thinking 2+ years into the future.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @16kid said:

> > > Lots of Tiger injury talk on here, but did anyone listen to his comments before the US Open? It seems like he was content and shocked that he was able to win the Masters. It seems like his will to win is just gone. That is something I never thought I would have seen from Tiger Woods.

> >

> > Totally agree. The man came back and won twice including another major. I think that ended a chapter in his life from a personal accomplishment/competitive nature standpoint

>

> I think so too and been saying that all year, he's lost some of that drive after the masters win. Either way, I'll be watching him play at the BMW next week

On the other hand Tiger isn’t much fun to watch when he’s dragging his ass around the course shooting over par..

As many other posters have already stated I’m only hoping from here on out he’ll get healthy and locked in for the Masters. He’s made it quite clear this year he doesn’t give a C R A P about any other tournament

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @16kid said:

> > > > Lots of Tiger injury talk on here, but did anyone listen to his comments before the US Open? It seems like he was content and shocked that he was able to win the Masters. It seems like his will to win is just gone. That is something I never thought I would have seen from Tiger Woods.

> > >

> > > Totally agree. The man came back and won twice including another major. I think that ended a chapter in his life from a personal accomplishment/competitive nature standpoint

> >

> > I think so too and been saying that all year, he's lost some of that drive after the masters win. Either way, I'll be watching him play at the BMW next week

>

> On the other hand Tiger isn’t much fun to watch when he’s dragging his **** around the course shooting over par..

>

> As many other posters have already stated I’m only hoping from here on out he’ll get healthy and locked in for the Masters. He’s made it quite clear this year he doesn’t give a C R A P about any other tournament

yea I saw enough of that in person 2015. Hopefully he pulls something together tomorrow and makes the cut for more reps.

Marc Leishman, hard to watch. Quits on every swing and looks like he doesn't want to be there. Kind of guy you'd hate to have in your foursome

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

Tyrell ‘happy’ Hatton looks thoroughly miserable out there again today. Must be tough kicking around on the outskirts of New York playing some under par golf.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > https://y.yarn.co/2eacdfcf-ed04-424a-b025-44158042c905_text.gifbvqjue5911ks.gif

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > lol *eh eh*...i think i have the black lung pop

> > >

> > > YOUVE BEEN DOWN THERE ONE D A M N DAY DEREK

> >

> > MER-MAN!

>

> https://media.tenor.com/images/e8683722258d57fc6f14e6a1a803deeb/tenor.gif53e460qdrt2y.gif

>

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @16kid said:

> > > > Lots of Tiger injury talk on here, but did anyone listen to his comments before the US Open? It seems like he was content and shocked that he was able to win the Masters. It seems like his will to win is just gone. That is something I never thought I would have seen from Tiger Woods.

> > >

> > > Totally agree. The man came back and won twice including another major. I think that ended a chapter in his life from a personal accomplishment/competitive nature standpoint

> >

> > I think so too and been saying that all year, he's lost some of that drive after the masters win. Either way, I'll be watching him play at the BMW next week

>

> On the other hand Tiger isn’t much fun to watch when he’s dragging his **** around the course shooting over par..

>

> As many other posters have already stated I’m only hoping from here on out he’ll get healthy and locked in for the Masters. He’s made it quite clear this year he doesn’t give a C R A P about any other tournament

I don't think it's about not giving a crap because he most certainly does. His body has looked broken in every major because it is broken.

> @16kid said:

> Lots of Tiger injury talk on here, but did anyone listen to his comments before the US Open? It seems like he was content and shocked that he was able to win the Masters. It seems like his will to win is just gone. That is something I never thought I would have seen from Tiger Woods.

Lol, his will can only do so much. It enabled him to win the Master's with the body of an 80 year old.

The views looking out over the course are just incredible. With one thing and another, this is the first time that I have really spent any time watching coverage from Liberty National and it is just brilliant. It must be incredible to be out there playing the course.

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I have a problem with the TV coverage of this playoff event.....You would think that they would show the full leaderboard more often. why do I have to go online to see what's going on around the 70 mark!? Instead of their concern for personal story lines, why not explain in depth of how FedEx cup works.....for those that don't know. LOL! But I digress...

Question and I have no idea as I’ve never played either ... liberty national is considered a poor course design by the pros based on previous voting. Could they play this at Bayonne? Same views I believe. I assume the owner of LN (freeman?) buys the event??? But Bayonne is considered a better course, right?

> @Togatown22 said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > For the people who say the FedExCup doesnt matter....just take a look at this field. Strength of field is the highest of any regular tour stop this year other than the Majors and the Players.

> > > Without the $ being thrown at these guys for the FedExCup, you dont get a field like this in August in a regular PGA Tour event.

> >

> > The field is strong because of the money on the line, not because it's such a great event that the best players in the world show up. The best players are the only ones allowed to show up.

>

> For me; what's the difference? I don't care 'why' the best players show up, I just want to watch the best players in the world whenever they are out there.

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the players.

> @flushem said:

> ODDS to Win:

> Brooks Koepka 8/1

> Rory McIlroy 12/1

> Dustin Johnson 16/1

> Jon Rahm 16/1

> Justin Rose 20/1

> Patrick Cantlay 20/1

> Justin Thomas 20/1

> Rickie Fowler 20/1

> Tommy Fleetwood 25/1

> Webb Simpson 25/1

> Tiger Woods 30/1

> Xander Schauffele 30/1

> Francesco Molinari 40/1

> Adam Scott 40/1

> Jason Day 50/1

> Bryson DeChambeau 50/1

> Tony Finau 50/1

> Matt Kuchar 50/1

> Jordan Spieth 50/1

> Hideki Matsuyama 50/1

> Patrick Reed 50/1

> Collin Morikawa 50/1

> Billy Horschel 50/1

> Shane Lowry 60/1

> Louis Oosthuizen 60/1

> Marc Leishman 60/1

> Gary Woodland 60/1

> Byeong Hun An 60/1

> Rafael Cabrera Bello 80/1

> Chez Reavie 80/1

> Rory Sabbatini 80/1

> Brandt Snedeker 80/1

> Ian Poulter 80/1

> Sungjae Im 80/1

> Matthew Wolff 80/1

> Joaquin Niemann 80/1

> Jason Kokrak 80/1

>

>

> I am going with Koepka this week.

Tiger woods still about 30/1, but that's just to make the cut now. 1 shot ahead of a tie for last place....ouch

Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips

Kiradech Aphibarnrat with a -4 67 currently has him moving inside the top 70. Solid season from the Thai in his first season as a full PGA Tour member.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> Kiradech Aphibarnrat with a -4 67 currently has him moving inside the top 70. Solid season from the Thai in his first season as a full PGA Tour member.

Love big Kiradech! At The Open in 2015 he was bounding down the fairways in the practice round on Monday morning with an ice cream in hand. On one of the tees, he gave a marshal £20 to go get another three. The guy came back with the ice cream and Kiradech took two o of the ice creams. One for him, the other for his caddie and told the marshal that the other one was for him and to keep the change. As soon as I saw that I was a fan!

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @"North Butte" said:

> The actual playing qualities of the course (beyond sufficient length and conditioning) have very little to do with made-for-TV events like this one.

Is it good for TV, then? This event? I dont care what the players or people think about playing it. If it offers a good arena for TV watching, I will pay for my local golf channel showing the event.

> @MattyO1984 said:

> Looks like the morning guys are ripping things up there at the moment! Troy Merrit -9 thru 15 holes. If this was St Andrews there would be a mass of people right about now saying that it was too easy for the modern game. Is Liberty National too easy?

Lots of wet but not soaking wet fairways so little chance roll into rough. Greens are soft from 2" of rain wednesday. Morning was calm and no wind.

Afternoon wind picked up and was 10 to 25mph.

a Cobra KingLtd 9* Black Smoke 6.5 45"
b Ping g400 9* SpeederPro TSx84 45"
c TM 17M1 460 9.5* Matrix BlackTie X 45"

Titleist TS2 15* Hzrdus Green S 1"tip
Cobra BafflerPro19* SpeederProS .5"tip
Cobra Baffler RailH23* SpeederProS

a Callaway Apex 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
b Callaway x20 Tour 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
Vokey Sm7 raw aw51*, sw56*, lw60*
Cameron FuturaX SuperStroke Fatso5.0

> @Hankshank said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > The actual playing qualities of the course (beyond sufficient length and conditioning) have very little to do with made-for-TV events like this one.

>

> Is it good for TV, then? This event? I dont care what the players or people think about playing it. If it offers a good arena for TV watching, I will pay for my local golf channel showing the event.

Glad you are enjoying it. I haven't seen it and doubt I will see it. Soccer season has started so golf on TV is not on my radar at the moment.

But I was responding to someone who said the "pros" did not think Liberty was a good course. And I was pointing out that what the players feel about the architecture and strategic design of a golf course has very little to do with it being chosen for a made-for-TV event. Your comments show what really matters to TV viewers and apparently this one suits your viewing needs very well. Which is great.

> @aabcuue said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > Looks like the morning guys are ripping things up there at the moment! Troy Merrit -9 thru 15 holes. If this was St Andrews there would be a mass of people right about now saying that it was too easy for the modern game. Is Liberty National too easy?

> Lots of wet but not soaking wet fairways so little chance roll into rough. Greens are soft from 2" of rain wednesday. Morning was calm and no wind.

> Afternoon wind picked up and was 10 to 25mph.

Significant rain again Thursday evening. Soft conditions again Friday. Leaders will be closing in on 20 under by end of day. Tiger will be headed home from teterboro airport on private jet

Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips

Late to the ballgame but here I am. Played a round Wed, first round in over a year and on a decent golf course so that helped with interest in this.

Without having any knowledge of this course and being the first time ever watching my first impressions are: I like the views of Manhattan, I can clearly see how this was created for TV. Have not looked at the scorecard but thought I saw a few drivable par 4's. (Didn't sit down and watch for any length of time so just got bits and pieces the last hour of broadcast) Having lived in New Milford(east of Paramus) in early eighties and driven delivery in those days, I know the area well. The course appears to look like someplace from another area. Then on some other holes it looks like Jersey City again. I seriously thought they had switched to another tournament due to a rain delay a few times checking in. That trickling creek looks so out of place to me, probably more at home in GA.? It does look interesting and will give it some serious time today and maybe the weekend. Overall this tournament seems a little different than the usual venues.

> @"Oliver Klozoff" said:

> Question and I have no idea as I’ve never played either ... liberty national is considered a poor course design by the pros based on previous voting. Could they play this at Bayonne? Same views I believe. I assume the owner of LN (freeman?) buys the event??? But Bayonne is considered a better course, right?

I’ve played LN but not Bayonne. LN is underrated. It’s not among the best courses in the world but it is very very good. The course challenges and variety are terrific and fairly designed. It has a mixed aesthetic- some holes are the finely manicured type playing along clearly fake ponds, others are more dunesy and natural looking. The greens and green sites are mainly decently challenging. I think some of the greens and some holes were a bit over the top when it first opened and players complained. They have been redone since then. Supposedly after the Presidents Cup in 2017 the players gave better feedback on the course.

From what I’ve read about Bayonne, it is great but much too small (overall property), narrow, and short to hold a PGA tournament.