2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Koepka vs McIlroy?

GC70

> @bscinstnct said:

>

> And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors),

>

>

Koeopka isn't inaccurate if you actually read the article and his quote. While Koepka played in the majors in 2014 and some other PGA Tour events he was a member of the European Tour in 2014. Koepka did not become a PGA Tour member until the start of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour wrap around season. So his statement of **"I've been out here for, what, five years. Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on the PGA Tour. "** is factually correct.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @dalehead said:

> > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > >

> > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> >

> >

> >

> > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> >

> > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> >

> >

> > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> >

> > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> >

> >

> > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> >

> > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> >

> >

>

> And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

>

So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

So, is BK peerless?

The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

lx284k4qu1nh.png

> @grm24 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors),

> >

> >

> Koeopka isn't inaccurate if you actually read the article and his quote. While Koepka played in the majors in 2014 and some other PGA Tour events he was a member of the European Tour in 2014. Koepka did not become a PGA Tour member until the start of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour wrap around season. So his statement of **"I've been out here for, what, five years. Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on the PGA Tour. "** is factually correct.

>

Ahh yes, my mistake. He was on the Euro Tour

He only played in 16 PGA Tour events event as well as the 2 Majors Rory won ; )

• Like 1

Good more fuel to the Rory fire who was on the rise anyway. Won't be surprised to see BK slide in the rankings this year, his "15 mins" of fame may be coming to an end. It will be interesting to see if he can keep the heat as there is no doubt it's hard to stay on top.

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > > >

> > > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> > >

> > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> > >

> > >

> > > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> > >

> > > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> > >

> > >

> > > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> > >

> > > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

> >

>

> So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

>

> So, is BK peerless?

>

> The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

>

> Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

>

> lx284k4qu1nh.png

>

>

I'm not saying Rory is a bad player or that Brooks is far superior. I'm simply stating that it makes sense that someone who is #1 in the world perceives that he has no rivals. You don't have to agree with his perception, but I also don't think it is a ridiculous proposition without merit.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @grm24 said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > Did Brooks forget that he played in the 2014 Open and the PGA?

>

> Koepka wasn't a PGA Tour member in 2014.

I know. But what is his point? That playing in the majors that Rory won doesn't count because of the technicality that he didn't have a PGA Tour card?

He played 16 PGA Tour events that year, one fewer than Rory did.

• Like 1

He's not wrong in his assessment just harse in his delivery I guess. He's clearly playing better than Rory or anyone else in the majors, but he is constantly playing the 'I get no respect' card. Seems to be a bit of a loner out there from outward appearances too. Don't think he'll be getting an invitation to the spring break trip next spring. He's a very good player and has a terrific winning percentage in the majors too.

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> > > >

> > > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> > > >

> > > > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> > > >

> > > > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

> > >

> >

> > So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

> >

> > So, is BK peerless?

> >

> > The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

> >

> > Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

> >

> > lx284k4qu1nh.png

> >

> >

>

> I'm not saying Rory is a bad player or that Brooks is far superior. I'm simply stating that it makes sense that someone who is #1 in the world perceives that he has no rivals. You don't have to agree with his perception, but I also don't think it is a ridiculous proposition without merit.

I like BK well enough, just tired of these Baker Manzoos talking crap like they are Tom Brady.

Plus, I forgot to bring in this dope left over Chinese food for lunch..., ribs, dumplings, pork fried rice! So, I'm a little annoyed to begin with....; )

> @grm24 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors),

> >

> >

> Koeopka isn't inaccurate if you actually read the article and his quote. While Koepka played in the majors in 2014 and some other PGA Tour events he was a member of the European Tour in 2014. Koepka did not become a PGA Tour member until the start of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour wrap around season. So his statement of **"I've been out here for, what, five years. Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on the PGA Tour. "** is factually correct.

>

Yep, Brooks is technically correct...the best kind of correct.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> > > > >

> > > > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> > > > >

> > > > > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> > > > >

> > > > > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

> > >

> > > So, is BK peerless?

> > >

> > > The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

> > >

> > > Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

> > >

> > > lx284k4qu1nh.png

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I'm not saying Rory is a bad player or that Brooks is far superior. I'm simply stating that it makes sense that someone who is #1 in the world perceives that he has no rivals. You don't have to agree with his perception, but I also don't think it is a ridiculous proposition without merit.

>

>

> I like BK well enough, just tired of these Baker Manzoos talking crap like they are Tom Brady.

>

> Plus, I forgot to bring in this dope left over Chinese food for lunch..., ribs, dumplings, pork fried rice! So, I'm a little annoyed to begin with....; )

You dropped a food update, now it's a real thread.

The Cleveland Browns already had a QB win three NFL titles, Baker Manzoo can't get three winning seasons.

• Like 1

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

> > > >

> > > > So, is BK peerless?

> > > >

> > > > The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

> > > >

> > > > Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

> > > >

> > > > lx284k4qu1nh.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm not saying Rory is a bad player or that Brooks is far superior. I'm simply stating that it makes sense that someone who is #1 in the world perceives that he has no rivals. You don't have to agree with his perception, but I also don't think it is a ridiculous proposition without merit.

> >

> >

> > I like BK well enough, just tired of these Baker Manzoos talking crap like they are Tom Brady.

> >

> > Plus, I forgot to bring in this dope left over Chinese food for lunch..., ribs, dumplings, pork fried rice! So, I'm a little annoyed to begin with....; )

>

>

> You dropped a food update, now it's a real thread.

>

>

> The Cleveland Browns already had a QB win three NFL titles, Baker Manzoo can't get three winning seasons.

Yeah! Brooks Manzoo think he like legend OG but he barely got the stature of

v0hhusyfikpd.png

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > > > > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think BK is mad that Rory won POTY and the rest of the PGA Tour saw his season as better.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors), overlooks the fact that Rory, though majorless, has won a *lot more than BK. Also, BK, while winning 4 majors more recently, has won 2 PGA Champs (the least desireable), zero Masters, zero Open Championships (those 2 being seen as most prestigious by most, I think).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since 2014, BKs, first full season on tour, he has won,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 7 times. 6 PGA tour wins (including 4 majors), and the Turkish Airlines.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Since, 2014, Rory has won,**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **14 times. 11 PGA Tour wins (2 majors) and the Players and the Tour Championship 2x/Fedex Cup 2x, and 3 Euro wins.**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yet, Brooks is still #1 in the OWGR, which is his point, I think. He didn't say that Rory isn't good and doesn't win, he simply said he doesn't see a rivalry. And, if his reasoning is that there isn't anyone in front of him, that makes sense.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So, Rory is #2, won Player of the Year, won the Fedex Cup and the Players. And BK does not see him as a rival?

> > > > >

> > > > > So, is BK peerless?

> > > > >

> > > > > The guy won the PGA Championship last year, the lamest Major and he he has no rival?

> > > > >

> > > > > Man, wonder what he'd say if he won like

> > > > >

> > > > > lx284k4qu1nh.png

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I'm not saying Rory is a bad player or that Brooks is far superior. I'm simply stating that it makes sense that someone who is #1 in the world perceives that he has no rivals. You don't have to agree with his perception, but I also don't think it is a ridiculous proposition without merit.

> > >

> > >

> > > I like BK well enough, just tired of these Baker Manzoos talking crap like they are Tom Brady.

> > >

> > > Plus, I forgot to bring in this dope left over Chinese food for lunch..., ribs, dumplings, pork fried rice! So, I'm a little annoyed to begin with....; )

> >

> >

> > You dropped a food update, now it's a real thread.

> >

> >

> > The Cleveland Browns already had a QB win three NFL titles, Baker Manzoo can't get three winning seasons.

>

> Yeah! Brooks Manzoo think he like legend OG but he barely got the stature of

>

>

> v0hhusyfikpd.png

>

>

>

Brian Sipe was built like a PGA Tour pro.

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> So refreshing to see the same thread on multiple forums and the same comment from the same people in each of the threads

hv3yim7gx0zk.png

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

"I'm not looking at anybody behind me," said Koepka.

"I'm number one in the world. I've got open road in front of me I'm not looking in the rearview mirror, so I don't see it as a rivalry.

"You know if the fans do (call it a rivalry), then that's on them and it could be fun.

"Look I love Rory he's a great player and he's fun to watch, but it's just hard to believe there's a rivalry in golf. I just don't see it."

> @dalehead said:

> The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

>

> https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

That article did pretty much nothing to put the quote in context.

Phil vs Tiger and Jack vs Arnie are hard to come by

Brooks does like to stir the pot

I think Rors will be solid this year

Does Brooks still hang with DJ or is that bromance over?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @tiderider said:

> "I'm not looking at anybody behind me," said Koepka.

>

> "I'm number one in the world. I've got open road in front of me I'm not looking in the rearview mirror, so I don't see it as a rivalry.

>

> "You know if the fans do (call it a rivalry), then that's on them and it could be fun.

>

> "Look I love Rory he's a great player and he's fun to watch, but it's just hard to believe there's a rivalry in golf. I just don't see it."

el0j0rvyn4t9.png

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors),

> > >

> > >

> > Koeopka isn't inaccurate if you actually read the article and his quote. While Koepka played in the majors in 2014 and some other PGA Tour events he was a member of the European Tour in 2014. Koepka did not become a PGA Tour member until the start of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour wrap around season. So his statement of **"I've been out here for, what, five years. Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on the PGA Tour. "** is factually correct.

> >

>

> Ahh yes, my mistake. He was on the Euro Tour

>

> He only played in 16 PGA Tour events event as well as the 2 Majors Rory won ; )

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned if you play 16 PGA Tour events, you are basically "on Tour".

Whether it's a "rivalry" is dependent on how you define rivalry. But for Brooks to conveniently ignore that year where Rory won 2 majors with him in the field is (convenient) B.S.

Sounds like Brooks started counting when Brooks started winning on Tour, lol.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > "I'm not looking at anybody behind me," said Koepka.

> >

> > "I'm number one in the world. I've got open road in front of me I'm not looking in the rearview mirror, so I don't see it as a rivalry.

> >

> > "You know if the fans do (call it a rivalry), then that's on them and it could be fun.

> >

> > "Look I love Rory he's a great player and he's fun to watch, but it's just hard to believe there's a rivalry in golf. I just don't see it."

>

>

>

> el0j0rvyn4t9.png

>

i mean, he's just telling the truth ... he's full of it a bit here and there, but there is no rivalry ... that's not to say rory played worse than bk did, but they haven't clashed that often, esp in big tournaments, cause rory ain't around most of the time or gets waxed ...

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > >

> > > > And let's look at BKs quote, which besides being inaccurate (as cdn said, BK played in both of Rory's 2014 majors),

> > > >

> > > >

> > > Koeopka isn't inaccurate if you actually read the article and his quote. While Koepka played in the majors in 2014 and some other PGA Tour events he was a member of the European Tour in 2014. Koepka did not become a PGA Tour member until the start of the 2014-2015 PGA Tour wrap around season. So his statement of **"I've been out here for, what, five years. Rory hasn't won a major since I've been on the PGA Tour. "** is factually correct.

> > >

> >

> > Ahh yes, my mistake. He was on the Euro Tour

> >

> > He only played in 16 PGA Tour events event as well as the 2 Majors Rory won ; )

>

> Yeah, as far as I'm concerned if you play 16 PGA Tour events, you are basically "on Tour".

>

> Whether it's a "rivalry" is dependent on how you define rivalry. But for Brooks to conveniently ignore that year where Rory won 2 majors with him in the field is (convenient) B.S.

>

> Sounds like Brooks started counting when Brooks started winning on Tour, lol.

Brooks will soon start referring to himself in the 3rd person ; )

• Like 1

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @dalehead said:

> > The following puts the quote in context with a little more back ground. Nothing to see here, although I’m sure some will continue to take the opportunity to bash whichever player they don’t like.

> >

> > https://sports.yahoo.com/rivalry-rivalry-mcilroy-no-majors-since-joined-tour-060550448--golf.html

>

> That article did pretty much nothing to put the quote in context.

Sorry then. Can’t help you.

Measuring everything with major wins, kind of not surprising that Koepka does that. I dont even know how many Majors Slammin Sam won but I know how many victories he had. And Tiger did not see a tour win as a small thing.

Rory is so clearly not a Brooks-Spieth-Reed-Tiger personality last 9 sundays. More like Furyk. His level is high. Tremendously high.

That said, Rorys major performances are not that impressing since 2015 given his OWGR rankings. Just one top-3. I suppose a major win is in his plan this year. One ore more.

If there wasn’t one before there is one now. Rory is not going to sit back and take that lightly. Perhaps that’s just what Rory needed for 2020.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

> @mosesgolf said:

> If there wasn’t one before there is one now. Rory is not going to sit back and take that lightly. Perhaps that’s just what Rory needed for 2020.

"He (Koepka) talked about trying to be the dominant player in the game ... and I thought: 'He's going to have to go through me first'," said McIlroy after his East Lake triumph.

Both have made forthright comments but Brooks seems to be much less popular hence the belief, in some quarters, he lost the popularity vote for the PGA Tour POTY. It can only be a good thing for golf fans that both are so bullish.

I'm a fan of both players so I like it, a lot.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Hankshank said:

> Measuring everything with major wins, kind of not surprising that Koepka does that. I dont even know how many Majors Slammin Sam won but I know how many victories he had. And Tiger did not see a tour win as a small thing.

Cherry pic one example where an active player is close to breaking the all-time wins total, of course you know Sneads victory total as announcers have been bleating on about it endlessly since Woods returned.

I don't believe a player should only be judged solely on majors but more often than not the records of all-time great players are known mostly for their major wins.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]