MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

On 8/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, labgolf said:

We don't use paint fill. Its a laser that turns it white. STRONGLY advise against paint on the DF. The anodizing is porous and tough to control paint. I have seen it done well but mostly I have seen it ruin the putter

Thank you.  I’m a paint filling fool and one rainy afternoon when I couldn’t play, I definitely would have gotten bored and ruined my putter.  

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

On 8/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, Calle83 said:

Thx for the advice 

I feel I have to move the ball forward in my stance to get the best roll and I have been tinkering with the grip, right now a standard grip with the hands feels the best just need to stop gripping it so hard. As soon as I grip it light I feels great and I’m hitting the ball on line 

Try practicing without your thumbs on the grip. Then once you get the feel of that, gently put them back on. Anything under 8 feet, I putt thumbs off.

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

LAB, I am a huge enthusiast of yours.  I would love to see more merch and more special edition/customizable putters (I absolutely love my Masters edition, would kill for one of those Star Wars ones).  
I would buy the *** out of some t-shirts/hoodies/dad hats, ect.  And I would donate a kidney for the option to choose a color or a design.  There’s a market - look no further than right here!  

And I know I’ve said it repeatedly on this site, but your putters have changed my world.  You’ve made a customer for life.

13 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

LAB, I am a huge enthusiast of yours.  I would love to see more merch and more special edition/customizable putters (I absolutely love my Masters edition, would kill for one of those Star Wars ones).  
I would buy the *** out of some t-shirts/hoodies/dad hats, ect.  And I would donate a kidney for the option to choose a color or a design.  There’s a market - look no further than right here!  

And I know I’ve said it repeatedly on this site, but your putters have changed my world.  You’ve made a customer for life.

We're working on it. Just ordered some polos and they told us to expect February delivery!!! supply chain is a mess but keep an eye out. And thanks for the support!! you're on our mailing list?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

Any plans of custom colors in the near future? @labgolf

3 hours ago, RBT3 said:

I would like to share a recent experience with the DF 2.1 putter. I put the putter into play for the first time in a round during a tournament 2 weeks ago. Crazy right? I used it for a couple of days at home on a Pefect Putt mat and on my home artificial turf putting green and felt so comfortable with it and how to aim it that I decided to use it right away. I played really well the first round and had 31 Stableford points and 3 birdies with 30 putts. My 2nd round was 31 putts and I finished 4th with a chance to win. I putted really well from inside 7-8 feet, and not as well from outside 25 feet. I was coming up short most of the time with longer lag putts, but they were always on line and aimed well. Speed control was an issue as the head looks large and heavy and seemed like the ball would come off the face fast and roll out, but in reality the roll off the face was very soft and smooth. I was fit at 35" length, 69 deg lie and Stability white "Polar" shaft with Press II 3deg grip. Was teased a little bit about the "PotatoChip Clip" look with the pizza box head cover, but the teasing stopped after the first day leading the tournament. I actually like the look and think it looks really clean and makes alignment to target really simple. The alignment ease is the main reason I think short putts are so much easier. I need more practice and time with the putter, but I think I have finally found the putter that will help me the most to lower my scores. Thanks to LAB Golf for making such a great product!

Distance control took some time for me, but now it is as good as it has ever been. I still putt better on fast greens than slow ones though...

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

12 hours ago, RBT3 said:

I would like to share a recent experience with the DF 2.1 putter. I put the putter into play for the first time in a round during a tournament 2 weeks ago. Crazy right? I used it for a couple of days at home on a Pefect Putt mat and on my home artificial turf putting green and felt so comfortable with it and how to aim it that I decided to use it right away. I played really well the first round and had 31 Stableford points and 3 birdies with 30 putts. My 2nd round was 31 putts and I finished 4th with a chance to win. I putted really well from inside 7-8 feet, and not as well from outside 25 feet. I was coming up short most of the time with longer lag putts, but they were always on line and aimed well. Speed control was an issue as the head looks large and heavy and seemed like the ball would come off the face fast and roll out, but in reality the roll off the face was very soft and smooth. I was fit at 35" length, 69 deg lie and Stability white "Polar" shaft with Press II 3deg grip. Was teased a little bit about the "PotatoChip Clip" look with the pizza box head cover, but the teasing stopped after the first day leading the tournament. I actually like the look and think it looks really clean and makes alignment to target really simple. The alignment ease is the main reason I think short putts are so much easier. I need more practice and time with the putter, but I think I have finally found the putter that will help me the most to lower my scores. Thanks to LAB Golf for making such a great product!

Our pleasure. Very common on leaving the long ones short. Swing the putter longer, not harder. Use gravity and the weight of the head to get the ball to the hole rather than acceleration. Long putt, long stroke. Keep us posted!

Almost pulled the trigger on a factory outlet putter. Just struggling to commit to it

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

Keep grinding away with my LAB 

the last round was really nice it’s probably the best putting round this year. I had 5 putts that was 16-20feet that went in! Longest putt this year was around 10 feet so I would say that’s a great improvement 

I still struggle with pressing my hand forward (witch pushes the ball right) from years of armlock but it’s getting better 

But I’m very happy with the improvements that I can see now 🙂 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Tripple Diamond *9, Fujikura Motore X F1 6 XStiff

Hybrid 2 Callaway Epic 

Irons: Mizuno MP5

Wedges: Honma

Putter: Scotty Kombi Long

Ball: Pro v1 

Hey everyone! so like most of you, I have read all 65 pages of this forum and watched pretty much every YouTube video out there. I finally bit the bullet and bought a DF2.1 after a video fitting with 35 inch length, 72 degrees lie, and the upgraded Accra shaft. I was very hesitant to purchase such an expensive putter having never even seen one in person let alone putted with a DF2.1.

I have played a few rounds with it and am really struggling with a bias to pulled putts, any tips out there to help with this? I have played around with ball position (moving it more forward) but just feels like it’s biased to a pull most of the time. Any tips would be great!!

the putter also feels very upright but from everything I have read the virtual fitting is super accurate and sometimes more accurate than an in person one. 

would love any tips you have!!

19 minutes ago, Wasmundson said:

Hey everyone! so like most of you, I have read all 65 pages of this forum and watched pretty much every YouTube video out there. I finally bit the bullet and bought a DF2.1 after a video fitting with 35 inch length, 72 degrees lie, and the upgraded Accra shaft. I was very hesitant to purchase such an expensive putter having never even seen one in person let alone putted with a DF2.1.

I have played a few rounds with it and am really struggling with a bias to pulled putts, any tips out there to help with this? I have played around with ball position (moving it more forward) but just feels like it’s biased to a pull most of the time. Any tips would be great!!

the putter also feels very upright but from everything I have read the virtual fitting is super accurate and sometimes more accurate than an in person one. 

Maybe this will help? I have a local outfitter near me so I went in and was fit for a 33" length 74 lie and I have been putting fairly upright lately. After rolling a decent amount of putts I mentioned how it was a little uncomfortable. He put a 70 lie in my hands and it felt perfect, night and day. We both agreed that it was a much better fit and I bought it shortly after.

Btw its been great, extremely happy with my purchase and after 3 rounds I have putted exactly on line every time.

Edited by tranvv

3 hours ago, tranvv said:

Maybe this will help? I have a local outfitter near me so I went in and was fit for a 33" length 74 lie and I have been putting fairly upright lately. After rolling a decent amount of putts I mentioned how it was a little uncomfortable. He put a 70 lie in my hands and it felt perfect, night and day. We both agreed that it was a much better fit and I bought it shortly after.

Btw its been great, extremely happy with my purchase and after 3 rounds I have putted exactly on line every time.

Sounds like a $350 dollar risk to me? I trust the video fittings have been fairly accurate but still slightly worried to buy “blind”

Played on Tuesday and was put with a group of 3 guys who play together often and was "paired" with one of them, as they like to have a two on two competition. After a disaster of a first hole (pulled my drive, and made it look like I had never chipped a ball before in my life), I settled down and played pretty well. 

Next couple holes they kicked back my ball as I was inside a foot with my first putt. Then I drained a twelve footer for birdie on the fourth. After that they started asking about my nickel 2.1 as I continued putting well with another couple one-putt holes and tap-in pars.

By the end they were all taking pictures of it, and wanted to try it. Told them about the remote fitting video service, and I think at least a couple of them are intrigued enough to investigate further.

It was another good day on the greens for L.A.B.

• Like 2

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

On 9/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, labgolf said:

We're working on it. Just ordered some polos and they told us to expect February delivery!!! supply chain is a mess but keep an eye out. And thanks for the support!! you're on our mailing list?

Wish I’d have gotten on the mailing list before I ordered my putter two weeks ago for the 10% off….

Edited by ilikegolf26

18 hours ago, Wasmundson said:

please email [email protected]   Tell him Sam sent you and he we will help you get it dialed

On 9/9/2021 at 8:03 AM, Wasmundson said:

The putter also feels very upright but from everything I have read the virtual fitting is super accurate and sometimes more accurate than an in person one. 

Just wondering if that was your normal miss with your old putter. Mine was a push not a pull and found that the Lab putter accentuates the problem more. I found it not to be very forgiving off none centred strikes . More so then any other mallet putter I have owned.

With the pushing, I changed my grip to take any hands out of it , so much so it did feel uncomfortable at first. Which did help some . You could try top hand more rotated to under grip and bottom  hand to more on top. I went opposite to that to stop the push ( hope that makes sense.

I still putt with the LAB mainly because I want it to work ( been playing it for about a year now )but lately went back to a old mallet when practicing only and was holing more putts.

Would be interesting to see how many have stuck with it or gone back to a  normal putter and if you practiced as much with a normal  like we do with the LAB would it be better.

Just my opinion only

On 9/8/2021 at 8:03 PM, Wasmundson said:

My "miss" tendency was to the left (pull side) too.

We must remember that our bio-mechanics want to open the putter on the way back, rotate it to square through the hit and rotate a bit more past the strike to slightly closed.

So SBST is trying to defeat what the body naturally wants to do.

So my body wants to rotate but my mind says "No, SBST" and sometimes the body wins out - toe rotates a bit closed and there's the pull.

The DF 2.1 "wants" to swing SBST, just like *I* want to do. So given the torque free balanced DF there's nothing for your hands and arms to do but let it swing.

I still have the occasional rollover/pull but not nearly as often as I did with conventional putters. I find myself starting the ball on line far more often with the DF.

My thought right before pulling the trigger is "Straight though to the hole". I find this thought hellps keep the face as square as possible.

I'm an "acceleration guy" so LAB'S advice to make a longer backswing and let the club swing doesn't work for me as the thought "through to the hole" has me accelerating (more ?) through the putt.

Possibly the "straight through to the hole" might help keep the face square ? Dunno1.gif

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

On 9/10/2021 at 12:46 PM, JA17 said:

I have zero thoughts about how this putter does what it does. I used to think about my backstroke, impact, follow though etc. with other putters. Now my routine is to stand behind the ball and see the speed first and then the start line. I then carefully place the putter head perpendicular to that start line and think only of the speed as I hit the putt. So much easier now and I make so many more putts. The beauty of this LAB putter is it takes all thinking of the stroke out of it which is a big help to me. Hope this makes sense to anyone struggling and if it doesn’t, do what all good golfers do and ignore this advice! 🙂

Agree 100%

• Like 4

On 9/9/2021 at 9:28 PM, nsxguy said:

My "miss" tendency was to the left (pull side) too.

We must remember that our bio-mechanics want to open the putter on the way back, rotate it to square through the hit and rotate a bit more past the strike to slightly closed.

So SBST is trying to defeat what the body naturally wants to do.

So my body wants to rotate but my mind says "No, SBST" and sometimes the body wins out - toe rotates a bit closed and there's the pull.

The DF 2.1 "wants" to swing SBST, just like *I* want to do. So given the torque free balanced DF there's nothing for your hands and arms to do but let it swing.

I still have the occasional rollover/pull but not nearly as often as I did with conventional putters. I find myself starting the ball on line far more often with the DF.

My thought right before pulling the trigger is "Straight though to the hole". I find this thought hellps keep the face as square as possible.

I'm an "acceleration guy" so LAB'S advice to make a longer backswing and let the club swing doesn't work for me as the thought "through to the hole" has me accelerating (more ?) through the putt.

Possibly the "straight through to the hole" might help keep the face square ? Dunno1.gif

So just to clear things up, the DF is not seeking a SBST stroke. Its balanced to stay square to an arc, whatever that arc may be. if you have a deeper arc, the face will rotate more in relation to the target but not the arc itself. If you have a shallow arc, the face will rotate less in relation to the target.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Wolfman44 said:

Just wondering if that was your normal miss with your old putter. Mine was a push not a pull and found that the Lab putter accentuates the problem more. I found it not to be very forgiving off none centred strikes . More so then any other mallet putter I have owned.

With the pushing, I changed my grip to take any hands out of it , so much so it did feel uncomfortable at first. Which did help some . You could try top hand more rotated to under grip and bottom  hand to more on top. I went opposite to that to stop the push ( hope that makes sense.

I still putt with the LAB mainly because I want it to work ( been playing it for about a year now )but lately went back to a old mallet when practicing only and was holing more putts.

Would be interesting to see how many have stuck with it or gone back to a  normal putter and if you practiced as much with a normal  like we do with the LAB would it be better.

Just my opinion only

Concerning that the off center strikes are not forgiving. When did you get your putter? Did you get it new?

We just made a new website to sell our factory seconds. these putters are fantastic and the blemishes that make them "seconds" are not even noticable for the most part. You can buy pre-built ones that were maybe made to the wrong spec or double built or you can actually build a custom factory second putter. spread the word on these! Amazing deals. www.labgolfoutlet.com

• Like 3

22 hours ago, labgolf said:

Concerning that the off center strikes are not forgiving. When did you get your putter? Did you get it new?

Are the newer ones more forgiving than your past model (3weight vs 5 weight balancing)

Edited by Rbsiedsc

Sorry so many pages here since I've last read. I know this is sort of a collection of people who probably all love the DF but I'm hoping for unbiased review from anyone who gamed the custom armlock set up, especially with the LAGP shaft. 

I'm actually a pretty good short range putter but I'm wasting strokes on my mid range 12-20footers and I believe armlock will help, but the custom is a pretty penny to go all in blindly. Who here has gamed this and what was the outcome? Thanks.