2020 TaylorMade SIM and SIM Max drivers (in hand photos, M5/M6 comparison pics)

GolfWRX

Have not been on TM since I added it.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

You can’t request a swing weight but you can request it being put back to The stock Sw if ordered at a longer or shorter playing length.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Keegan dumped the SIM, back to the Srixon.

Brooks didnt take it over the Mavrik.

Is anyone that's not paid to play one, playing one?

Rose? Because it's all he know prior to Honma...?

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Thanks to getting old and tweaking my back at the gym. I have not been able to swing a club for about 2 weeks. Starting to feel better but I think I need one or two more weeks off. My driver is sitting there mocking me...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'll second this... I bought mine with ventus blue in 60 x. Played first round on sunday... slow round, lots of waiting around... that ventus really showed how stiff it plays. I couldn't swing it unless I warm and stayed warm. I put the Atmos Black tour spec 6s from my 2017 m1 and played yesterday. Unbelievable driving day yesterday!! Sim is just good. I didn't think it would beat my 2017 m1, but it does. Just a fantastic driver.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

I gave the SIM a good honest test against my M3 440. It beat the M3 in looks, sound, and feel but could not beat it in the most important aspect. Performance. My M3 is safe for another season! Well.... unless I can find a sweet deal on a M5 tour...?

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

My Texas golf trip is over. Played 1 practice round and 3 competitive rounds Thur-Sun. This trip was going to either be the solidifier of SIM in my bag or the weekend that kicked it out.

It's staying. I didn't miss a single drive hard right. Further, the swings that produced those hard right misses, the slight over the top quick in transition hard fades, turned into just a slight push fade.

I've commented that this driver is the easiest to hit off the deck I've ever played. I don't hit it off the deck in the fairway much but I will hit it off the deck on a par 4 if the hole sets up well and the wind is blowing hard to the right. Playing in Texas hill country where the wind blows like crazy, the off the deck tee shot came in really handy several times.

Overall, of the 3 competitive rounds, I hit driver on avg 9 times per round and 3wood or iron the other holes. Hit 11-12 fairways every day. Worst driver misses were on the same hole, 3rd hole, toughest tee shot. Pulled one into a hazard on day 1 and pushed one into a hazard on day 3. It's a hole where I shouldn't hit driver anyway so I pushed the envelope when i shouldn't have. Just a hard tee shot hole that doesn't suit my eye.

SIM is solidly in my bag now. It's deep and it's trusty.

To retread a bit: I'm a fader and originally setup sim with an extra 4g weight in the front track. I put the 10g toward the toe and 4g in the "center". Had a lot of success with it but found an occasional ball would be off the planet right. After a couple weeks and more toying I still had a setup that produced that off the planet right miss about every 15th drive. Got frustrated and decided to see if I could setup the driver so I would hook the dog pee out of it. Got into a setting where I started missing several drives left and adjusted from there. I am in upright lie, standard loft (9), 10g weight all the way in the heel and 4g weight in the "center".

One note about the "center" weight position...I find the center/neutral weight setting to be fade biased. Look at where the neutral setting is in relation to the center of the face...it's toe side. Also, look at where the rear weight sits in relation to the face...again, toe side. We can't see internal weighting but I'd be really surprised if SIM is not fade biased when the other site publishes MOI and CoG data later this year.

• Like 1

Found a mint 10.5 SIM on the bay for a really good price. Put my blue Ventus 6x in and proceeded to hit some balls. Defi felt solid but also felt light and was causing me to flip cuz I couldnt feel the club head. Took it to my local club fitter/builder to get some hot melt added. Before hotmelt it came in at C9 play my driver at 44.5". Now its at D4 and feels much much better.

Ended up hitting it on the simulator tonight. Decided to play around with the setting a little as I would occasionally get the left and was launching it slightly higher and spinning a bit much. Finally got it dialed it at upright and 2 clicks down. So now it’s playing at 9*. Now launches at 11-12’ish degrees and spinning at roughly 2,600rpm.

SIM 10.5 and "DANG" in my best joe dirt voice

To be totally honest, i was pretty well set with my driver and didn't see that changing .. BUT..

After some brilliant marketing on Taylormades behalf (150% trade enhancement) and a few too many beers I decided they needed those old closet ornaments & that deal was just too good to pass on.

Having never swung a SIM, let alone held one I'll be the first to admit it was a 100% drunk buy (its a real thing LMAO).

Couple days later, low and behold a new SIM sitting @ my doorstep..

With feelings of remorse, having cheated on my poor LST @ no fault of her own i threw my drunk buy in the bag next to her & hit the course..

No range time, no adjustments , just a quick round determined to prove to myself I had made a mistake and move on..

Man, Was i wrong......Straight out of the box , zero adjustments (neutral,neutral) the thing just flatout performs...

Seems to be very well balanced and almost helps you stay down the line if that makes any sense...

Forgiveness on a toey shot is off the chart & its sound is amazing, can only describe it as a crisp crack...

It's Biggest plus for me though, as a guy who's miss is mostly left is that it has almost completely eliminated that miss FOR ME lol...

Going to be real hard to top the SIM...

• Like 2

I did a quick testing session with the SIM Max and I was getting some insane numbers on GCQuad, topped out at 178mph ball speed and the spin was LOW, but in its stock form these things are so damn light that i'll need to find a way to get some weight in one to test it properly as I had no consistency. I was swinging an Atmos Black TS 7x at 45" and it felt like it was probably in the high C range in terms of swing weight.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I played the M3 440 for at least a year. I liked the driver but respectively it isn't the new SIM, which if fit correctly one can find numerous low spin monsters! I have not seen this in any driver to date. Once in a while maybe, but not like this !!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

No Question this SIM is a quantum leap. I loved the M3 and the M5 but they did not have the occasional low spin knuckleball jumper that this club has!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Just placed my order for a SIM Max. I have a feeling that will be much better for me than the standard version. I like the slightly deeper face on the Max and the sound is even better! Looking forward to trying it out!

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Anyone weight the sliding weight on their Sim driver? wanted to get more swingweight so I removed the slider and weighed, was shocked when it weighed on 5 grams?

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

Has there been any feedback on the position of the sliding weight and changes in ball speed? In other words, do you get more ball speed with the weight directly in line with the sweet spot or out in fade or draw.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5