The Mavrik Max is the greatest driver ever

MtlJeff

15 minutes ago, bofromseattle said:

Have you tried hitting the Sim Max? I've had a few drivers, Callaway, Nike, Cobra, but boy the Sim Max is something special.

Yeah agreed, I don’t have a snap hook miss at all with the SIM Max. Toe and heel strikes go pretty far too.

Driver: Sim 10.5 WB 73 TX
3w: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15/BRNR Mini Diamana D+Plus 80TX

5w: Paradym AI Smoke 18 Tensei Pro White 1k 90 TX
4i: Srixon ZX Mk II AD IZ 95x

5i: Srixon U85 Oban CT 125x

6-PW: Miura TC-201 Oban CT 125x

50/54/59: Cleveland RTX Zipcore DG S400

Putter: Jailbird 380 WH

43 minutes ago, Mookieb10 said:

Do you really have a 13* g410 LST or is it 14.5 just turned down?

14.5 set @ 13 degrees

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

33 minutes ago, bofromseattle said:

Have you tried hitting the Sim Max? I've had a few drivers, Callaway, Nike, Cobra, but boy the Sim Max is something special.

I actually haven't , demo days this year are a bit tough with our local Covid rules

I bet it's good. TMAG makes a fine driver

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

19 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

I am eyeing on it too. How about spin? I am currently playing flash sz. 

I have the hzrdus smoke black 80 in it and if say I'm getting manageable spin. It's not ultra low or anything but definitely not over spinning.  

Honestly its kind of like a G400 Max with different feel, and at least for me a little straighter 

I did actually love the G400 I was just kidding above. 

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

2 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I am generally not a fan of hyperbole. However this driver is the greatest driver ever

Forgiveness? I am coming from the G400 Max....the G400 max people! The Mavrik Max makes the G400 Max feel like the SLDR430. It is so forgiving you can swing and miss the ball entirely and it will go 220yds and hit the fairway. Last round i tried to miss the fairway and ended up hitting 2 fairways. And that isn't even possible

Distance? I mean it's not longer than anything else. But it's not shorter either. 

And it feels pretty nice right? I mean nice solid thwack. I'm getting a nice high-but-not-too-high trajectory. I've used it for like 8 rounds now and i can't recall one drive where i didn't have a clean look at the green

It's like if the Original Epic had a baby with the G400 max, and then that baby took the pill from Limitless. 

If you are in the market for a driver just buy it

This is the way I feel about my Cally Fusion. I have it turned down from 13 to 12 degrees, with a Diamana Green 50 shaft in it cut down to 43 inches and to compensate it has a 12 gram weight in the head. Not the longest but the last two 9 hole rounds have missed 2 fairways and they weren’t bad misses.

3 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

14.5 set @ 13 degrees

What loft did you buy? And what did you set it to?

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

4 hours ago, bofromseattle said:

I have and it's hard for me to admit.  But the MAVRIK is better---for me---and it's not close. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

9 minutes ago, NoTalentLefty said:

What loft did you buy? And what did you set it to?

The Mavrik? 9 degrees and playing it at that loft

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

15 hours ago, MtlJeff said:

I am generally not a fan of hyperbole. However this driver is the greatest driver ever

Forgiveness? I am coming from the G400 Max....the G400 max people! The Mavrik Max makes the G400 Max feel like the SLDR430. It is so forgiving you can swing and miss the ball entirely and it will go 220yds and hit the fairway. Last round i tried to miss the fairway and ended up hitting 2 fairways. And that isn't even possible

Distance? I mean it's not longer than anything else. But it's not shorter either. 

And it feels pretty nice right? I mean nice solid thwack. I'm getting a nice high-but-not-too-high trajectory. I've used it for like 8 rounds now and i can't recall one drive where i didn't have a clean look at the green

It's like if the Original Epic had a baby with the G400 max, and then that baby took the pill from Limitless. 

I am working on a new theory for my bag and looking for a 12 degree driver as a replacement for my three wood... already have a callaway tipped shaft, so I might have to give this a try...

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Interesting topic, Im not going to argue this one but to each his own. I made the switch as I hope it does perform as well as the hype...well see as it's time to leave the ego and go more for accuracy than distance, Stiff flex to Regular, 9* to 10.5* I knew it was going to happen soon 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

I’m curious what the head weight of the Mavrik range is? Big reason I play PING drivers is that I can get the head weights to around 210 grams easily and play to my ideal driver length of 44” and not worry about low SW. 

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

13 minutes ago, PowderedToastMan said:

I’m curious what the head weight of the Mavrik range is? Big reason I play PING drivers is that I can get the head weights to around 210 grams easily and play to my ideal driver length of 44” and not worry about low SW. 

Mine feels very light, only bad thing I can say about it

Been thinking about lead taping it,  but I'm like 100/100 on fairways 

Edited by MtlJeff

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I just grabbed a Mavrik standard. I was waffling between the two but across the board on all reviews the max provided more spin and I'm a high spin player with my natural AOA. 

The standard seems like the same head but without the weight port by the heel. We'll see.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Ironic somewhat ... Best numbers for me today at my fitter .. hitting all the new stuff from Tm and Cally ...

Ping g400 max with two shafts of mine ... AD XC 6x and Fubuki K 60x.  More speed with 400lst with Blueboard 53x ... but misses way worse

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

I was in need of spin reduction, so I went with the Sub Zero in 9.0.  Hit about a dozen balls with it in the stock setting.  Was worried I made a mistake.  Spin was down but so were the drives.  Like 175 yard duck hooks.  So I decided to begin tinkering.  Starting with it in the +2 D mode.  

First drive with that high and a slight draw down the middle 221.  Next half dozen alternates between straight or a 3 to 5 yard fade.  My standard shot is about a 5 yard fade.  So it was right on.  Distance remained between 215 to 226.  

My previous driver TS1 was maybe 200 to 210.  But I got way too much spin out of it.  Usually 2900 to 3400.   The SZ has been in the 2300 to 2600. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 8/17/2020 at 5:10 PM, bofromseattle said:

Just bought one yesterday after a lengthy session on a Trackman LM... The numbers didn't lie. Incredibly forgiving & better results vs. the Cally Rogue SZ 10.5 I've been gaming (and really loved) for 2 seasons. I also learned that I didn't need the extra loft and the 9 deg in the SIM MAX yielded the optimal numbers for me vs. all the other drivers I tested (TS2/3, non-max SIM, Ping, Mizuno & Mavrik SZ) 

Edited by rmiller_ny

Well it's not staying as maybe it's the stock shaft but I was not overwhelmed at all. Feel's nice looks great but went to high for me. 10.5 stock reg. riptide with a 90-94 mph swing speed as I will pass and it's the greatest driver for some just not me. Interesting to see what people say about the new B21 Big Bertha when it comes out. 

Edited by Tiptx1122
grammar needed corrected

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

My Mavrik standard came in and I hit a stack at the range with it yesterday. Tried 2 different shafts (Pro 2.0 TS and Motore X F3) and the head performed well with both of them. Haven't tried the stock shaft yet (Riptide) since cally sent me the wrong weight class but I'll have the replacement later this week.

Very similar to the EF. No complaints here.

I upgraded just to have something new a shiny, my EF was performing well, but it's a seamless transition to the Mav standard so thats nice.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

On 8/17/2020 at 4:53 PM, MtlJeff said:

Great review.  Thouroughly enjoyed this one.  I've been playing an original epic for a couple of years and I cannot believe how forgiving it is for my swing.  Feels like cheating.  So I cannot imagine how good this mavrik max must be.  Hope to give it a try soon.

Headin' to the mall, to get me a short set

I got a big chuckle out of this thread, but after a fitting yesterday and asking to demo the Mavriks specifically, and playing last night and this afternoon I'm a convert.

I don't have the Mavrik Max - fitter established pretty quickly in his mind after several trials with other things that it was down to the regular head vs. sub zero and the sub zero edged it out.

This is not an exaggeration and since it's totally an individual thing it won't really mean much to anyone else BUT this is hands down the best feeling driver head and shaft (Riptide 6.0 stiff, 60g for me) I have ever had in play in my life.  My 913D3 felt almost foreign (sorry my long time driver friend) when I would pick it up to hit it and compare with some of the options yesterday.

This thing feels slightly softer, which I needed in the shaft I guess, but so solid.  Still getting used to the feedback vs. the old Titleist, and this thing launches nice and darn high and legitimately is more forgiving (i.e. more distance and less punishing with mishits) and farther on average with seemingly less effort than my Titleist.  A lot farther? Hard to say after two rounds, but I find the sweet spot better for some reason so I'm seeing more consistent distance without feeling like I need to push it.  I did find a spot on a par 4 this afternoon that I've only reached once in 20+ years on that hole with any driver (it was playing downwind, but nowhere near what downwind really means on that hole when it is downwind) and hit another drive into the wind that had it been on that other hole would have been just as far.  I see it go up and up and think it's "ballooning", lol, but it isn't.

So the honeymoon may end at any time, but this thing is fantastic.  (Also ended up with the 3w and 5w in regular heads - the 5w pretty much hits itself, like its on autopilot so far, unreal, have tried it off tight fairway and off the tee just for kicks and I have yet to hit a shot with it that hasn't been terrific - I'm sure that will end shortly after I type this).

"Riding the trail to who knows where, luck is his companion, gamblin' is his game!"

I think once the Big Bertha B21 comes out that will be the best driver, You just watch as high launch low spin excellent combo

I'm finally starting to search for a replacement for my G400 Max. Went with U Try of a regular Mav with rouge 130 just too see what happened. First range sessions I wasn't sold but took in the course for 18 this weekend and wow! Ball flight is so much lower than the 400 Max with less spin and I was getting 20-30 yrds past my recent averages. Really like the solid "twack" feel vscthe 400 Max. Was thinking I need to lower my spin off driver and this proved it. Still sending the Mav back at the end of the trail but will be looking for off-season deals and a proper fitting. 

12 minutes ago, callawayjay said:

I took out the 2gm weight and replaced it with another 14. Problem solved. Aftermarket weights are cheap online 

I just lead taped the crap out of mine. Working well for me. But even with the 80g stock shaft without it , was too light for me swing weight wise. 

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique