On 10/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, Krt22 said:

GAPR color scheme coming back

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want pics give this post a like.  

It would be awesome if going forwards the original forum on a club release was limited to discussion of testing results and specs of the club ordered by members, and a second forum was created for peo

Given that the average WRXer swings at 135mph with a 1.52 smash factor I would say their swings generate more heat than any carbon jet is capable of making. With that said Taylormade probably had to d

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, DroppingBombs said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-kjGlFpzn/?igshid=a7t1ko0uwi98

ummmmmmmm confused here? Anyone have a clue about this.

Maybe a prototype that got “lost”?

I like how the pictures of the white hot putters look copy and pasted from our posts.  🧐

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

5 minutes ago, mrmikeac said:

Sim 2 is a thing. 
Titanium face. Fully carbon sole and crown.

I think it’s been well established that SIM 2 is coming. I don’t think anyone is disputing that. We’re just wondering what the specifics are. A titanium face isn’t new. Is it a new type of titanium? Any idea on shape or color scheme, etc?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, leftycabe said:

I think it’s been well established that SIM 2 is coming. I don’t think anyone is disputing that. We’re just wondering what the specifics are. A titanium face isn’t new. Is it a new type of titanium? Any idea on shape or color scheme, etc?

I haven’t personally seen it yet. A close friend of mine has, once I get more info on it I will update here. As far as the titanium I’m assuming they are bringing the ZATECH face to the driver. What I’m really curious on is the all carbon sole, will this help with the effectiveness of movable weights and discretionary weight? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mrmikeac said:

I haven’t personally seen it yet. A close friend of mine has, once I get more info on it I will update here. As far as the titanium I’m assuming they are bringing the ZATECH face to the driver. What I’m really curious on is the all carbon sole, will this help with the effectiveness of movable weights and discretionary weight? 

The ZATECH face makes sense. I’ll be curious how the all carbon head will sound. Thanks for sharing the info you get. Any idea what the color scheme is?

I've seen the SIM2. Looks super similar to the SIM... just more Blue! Excited about it regardless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

??

Let's Go Hokies! ? VA --> AL 

Callaway Epic Sub-Zero 9o: Ventus 6X Blue

Taylormade M5 Rocket @ 14.5o: Tensai CK Red

Cobra King Utility 3 Iron @ 18.5o: AMT Tour White S300

Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-6 Irons: Project X 6.0 + 3/4", 2Up.

Mizuno MP18 MB 7-9 Irons: Project X 6.0 + 3/4", 2Up.

Titleist Vokey SM8 46, 50, 54,  58 deg: Project X 6.0 + 1/2", 1Up.

Taylormade Spider X - Navy

Taylormade TP5

13 hours ago, mrmikeac said:

Yeah the more metal you can replace with something lighter (carbon in this case), the more you can allocate weight where you want to affect performance. Crowns are already pretty thin and lightweight these days, carbon or not, so other structural areas would need to be "carbonized" so to speak to free up weight. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see metals being phased out as much as possible in future driver head construction, saved only for swappable weights.  

Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* HZRDUS T1100 95g
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 19* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid

As we get closer there will be a lot of buzz about new Sim. Feels like we might have a 2 horse race for DOTY, TM and Titleist. With Ping and Callaway staying close to status quo. 

TM feel free to jump in and tell me to eat my words!

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

53 minutes ago, getair23 said:

DOTY

I am sure others will start a thread about this in January before they are even hit, lol.  Should wait until September 2021 to give everything a fair chance though.  I can see ping and srixon compete for this as well.

Next we will see a thread, “2021 year of the driver?”🤮

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

I saw the SIM 2 yesterday. No more sliding weight system instead there is a fixed weight (similar to Callaway Sub Zero) for the standard SIM 2. Color scheme is blue and green (think Nike Vapor Fly but much more subtle) with a matte carbon crown very similar to the current SIM. Not too many other changes but it looks good!

Edited by Skb284
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Skb284 said:

I saw the SIM 2 yesterday. No more sliding weight system instead there is a fixed weight (similar to Callaway Sub Zero) for the standard SIM 2. Color scheme is blue and green (think Nike Vapor Fly but much more subtle) with a matte carbon crown very similar to the current SIM. Not too many changes except they removed the speed injection from the face and they are going for more consistency and stability with some new structural elements.

Can second this, saw it as well and this is right on the nose. 

16 minutes ago, Skb284 said:

I saw the SIM 2 yesterday. No more sliding weight system instead there is a fixed weight (similar to Callaway Sub Zero) for the standard SIM 2. Color scheme is blue and green (think Nike Vapor Fly but much more subtle) with a matte carbon crown very similar to the current SIM. Not too many other changes but it looks good!

Sounds underwhelming.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Skb284 said:

Does that mean we are going to have a shallow head again this year?

6 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I cannot imagine them not having some sort of MWT in their flagship model. 

6 hours ago, getair23 said:

Would be shocked if 2nd driver doesn’t have a sliding weight. 

It wouldn't be too surprising to me if it doesn't for the simple fact that weight tracks like TM have been using ironically use up a lot of discretionary weight and raise a driver's CG. If the goal with the SIM is to continue being very low CG while increasing MOI as has been the pattern for the last 4 driver releases, then the easiest way to do that would be to eliminate the weight track, especially one that is in the front of the club. IMO PING and now Titleist have it right with the rear weight track design as it can still be kept relatively low while also moving any necessary extra weight to support it back, increasing MOI. I wouldn't be surprised to actually see TM jump on that type of design for the 2022 model as they have never really done the real "low" rear weight track. Both the M3 and M5 rear weight options were much higher in the head. 

• Like 3

I see two weights in the SIM lateral track possible (even though we can do that now with Billy Bobs). Like the R15, and maybe carbon on the bottom where they use that pimply textured plastic, like the M6. Lastly maybe a little less toe relief on twist face. Other than that, probably going to be very similar. 

One thing they should consider is adding a loft sleeve that provides independent loft and lie configs. I really don’t mind the current loft sleeve but for many of the guys in my group, it’s a deal breaker