2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2020 Masters Invitational champion is Dustin Johnson!

tiderider
Message added by BAlberstadt,

Watch along with GolfWRX Staff from leader tee off Saturday, Sunday. 

1 hour ago, imakaveli said:

Every time I see Mize around Augusta I think how awesome would it be to see Norman play it instead. Pitty. Els would be a great starter too!

I parked in front of the TV in '96 expecting his triumphant victory and . . . . . Faldo showed up to play.  Still bizarre Norman never won it, but I feel the same about Miller although his window was shorter.

was watching the GC show with Chamblee and Leonard

1. Chamblee says JT is the best iron player in the game : until TW hangs it up he is the best iron player in the game

2. They show a picture of JS walking and first thing you see is him pulling his cell phone out of his pocket and answering a text: maybe what he needs to do is turn the phone off and go do some work in the dirt

3. Justin Leonard on Phil M: "he knows everything" looks like there is no love lost between him and Phil, maybe a little sour grapes from JL

4. GC obsession with BDC is getting sickening, 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KennyP said:

What's with the two tee start?

Is it because of the predicted weather problems, or just the general lack of daylight?

Lack of light. If they were all going off the first one after another, they wouldn’t be done by dark.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

On 11/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, Hawkeye77 said:

I’m so excited I got suckered into the Masters party pack! My wife couldn’t go in 2016 and she is looking forward to the pimento cheese. Since my kids are coming home at Thanksgiving this will be the Iowa vs. Nebraska cornucopia of snacks (but we’ll nibble some before then).

Fanatics failed on this one.  Marketed as guaranteed delivery for this Friday during the tournament.  I get an email last night saying they can't fulfill and I can cancel.  I call customer service and they say the system won't let them cancel the order because it shipped on the 9th.  I say it shipped before you sent the email and the email says I may cancel at any time because you acknowledge you can't fulfill the delivery promise. Impasse. Oh well. I was planning on using it later for the most part, but still thought a pimento cheese during the actual event would have been nice, lol.  Not like the Masters to be involved with a marketing effort that isn't 100% successful -- post-event delivery of a guaranteed during the event experience probably won't be quite as popular as they hoped. 

Can't say I'm confident the refrigerated items will be useful after being with USPS for 9 days, however. 

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sean2 said:

I wonder if not having any fans there will affect play at all? For example, players can't use the fans as backboards, lol. 

Bryson said in his press conference that some of the places he's planning to hit his tee shots would normally have patrons in/near the landing areas.  He also seemed to indicate that it would be a moral dilemma if there were patrons because he would be knowingly hitting into the patrons.  So it'll be interesting if Bryson's approach proves to be successful and how that might change the next time the Master's has patrons.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, smashdn said:

Roll the dice.  What's a little food poisoning for potentially a once in a lifetime November Masters?

LOL!

One of my hopes was with their pimento cheese actually in my kitchen, I could come closer to replicating it than from memory or various online recipes. In the end, after a couple of sandwiches it starts to taste the same no matter what (lucky we aren't having lightning right now). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3whacker said:

3. Justin Leonard on Phil M: "he knows everything" looks like there is no love lost between him and Phil, maybe a little sour grapes from JL

I never know how to feel about this sort of talk. On the one hand I don’t enjoy fake PC takes of other guys. When there are 200 guys trying to beat each other every week, plenty of them are really going to dislike each other.

On the other hand, I always feel a little dirty when I see some real mud slinging...makes me feel like taking a shower, same as when I accidentally watch 30 seconds of TMZ

Edited by GolfTurkey

17 hours ago, elwhippy said:

I feel sad for the patrons but from an architecture enthusiast's view it will be great to see the whole layout without stands or spectators. Might get a better feel of the elevation changes. 

One of the TV production guys was on GC and said they are going to be able to get some new shots of some tee boxes/greens because of this.

15 hours ago, Sean2 said:

I wonder if not having any fans there will affect play at all? For example, players can't use the fans as backboards, lol. 

Definitely affects the views off the tee. I heard one of the players say they would actually aim at a group of fans on a certain hole, wouldn't be able to do that now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SirFuego said:

Bryson said in his press conference that some of the places he's planning to hit his tee shots would normally have patrons in/near the landing areas.  He also seemed to indicate that it would be a moral dilemma if there were patrons because he would be knowingly hitting into the patrons.  So it'll be interesting if Bryson's approach proves to be successful and how that might change the next time the Master's has patrons.

kudos to him for being honest about it ... the pga tour should wake up and realize this is part of their strategy, and put in some drop zones that penalize that crap ... 

It's not traditional, but I like using this stuff when I'm making it at home.  Same stuff they've been using to make Velveeta queso dip since like the 50s.  I use about an equal amount as pimentos, in addition the actual pimentos of course.  Then equal parts cheddar and cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste, then adjust consistency to taste with mayo.  

Not a big fan of the sweet relish either.  Too hot-doggy IMO.  They also make Rotel in hot or mild if you'd prefer. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rawdog said:

FWIW, I've closed in on a pretty good recipe after fiddling around the past few years with different approaches...

4 oz sharp white cheddar, grated

4 oz sharp cheddar, grated

4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained

3 tbs diced jalapeno or sweet relish

8 oz neufchatel cheese

½ tsp pepper

3 tbs mayo

1 tsp garlic powder

I prefer the jalapenos over the sweet relish. Adds flavor but not much spice.

You're right though, they all taste the same after the first couple sandwiches.

IMG_20201109_213251_01.jpg

damn ... that looks pretty good ... 

• Like 1

I like the TaylorMade green and white bags this year. Reminds me of 1975 when Nicklaus, Weiskopf, Miller and Watson were all on MacGregor staff. Those MacGregor green and white bags were so cool. Watching 3 of those 4 guys fight it out on Sunday for the win was great. Might see someone with a green and white bag win this year. I almost had one of those MacGregor bags back in '74 after I got out of college. I was going to turn pro and was going to be on the MacGregor staff but changed my mind and stayed amateur.

2 hours ago, SirFuego said:

There's a lot of insightful information packed into this interview.  The best part:  he basically says what Rory and the other boys have been doing in the gym is s#@t and he is twenty years ahead physically.  Brilliant.  Free Bryson! 😁

Well guys. If it’s raining in Augusta like it is at my house , they’ll play tomorrow in the deep mud.  I’ve had 2 1/2 inches since 8 am today.   Still pouring. Seems harder now.  I’m in upstate SC.  So a slightly different weather path ( above I85 vs below I85 ) but still. This is a major rain event.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, rawdog said:

FWIW, I've closed in on a pretty good recipe after fiddling around the past few years with different approaches...

4 oz sharp white cheddar, grated

4 oz sharp cheddar, grated

4 oz jar diced pimientos, drained

3 tbs diced jalapeno or sweet relish

8 oz neufchatel cheese

½ tsp pepper

3 tbs mayo

1 tsp garlic powder

I prefer the jalapenos over the sweet relish. Adds flavor but not much spice.

You're right though, they all taste the same after the first couple sandwiches.

IMG_20201109_213251_01.jpg

That passes the looks test.  That’s what real “ pamenter cheese “ looks like.   I don’t know where it came from. But it’s been a Christmas tradition in my wife’s family for over 100 years.  I took over making ours when her mom passed.    But I only make it for Christmas.  

Edited by bladehunter
100s to over 100.
  • Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

9 minutes ago, tiderider said:

looks like fri/sat are dry, th is very wet, and sun is probably wet in the AM ... 

https://infogram.com/1pmmwzwjk56gqmh3y5j5pvzw5dazezzw7vg

image.png.aa6379183122dc440c670e9967e08bb1.png

Yep.  That’s what I have here for us too.  Clear Saturday. Maybe morning rain  Sunday.  Friday looks pretty decent too.  It may actually squeak out all 4 days but today’s rain will change the course.  They’ll need the sub airs on to make the greens able to defend themselves 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Anybody else thinking it’s JTs week ?     Seen him reading greens with Spieth earlier , and he’s been following Freddie around.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

33 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Anybody else thinking it’s JTs week ?     Seen him reading greens with Spieth earlier , and he’s been following Freddie around.  

Definitely would not be surprised if he is wearing the jacket, considering his carry distances and iron play he should be right in the mix especially if the putter is hot. 

• Like 1

No order but this is my master pool picks since we can have 5 unlimited picks  for 10$ 

Xander 
Bryson 
Dj
Rory
JT

But I  want to buy the pot and make 5 more entries slightly modifying a "dark horse" 

what are your 5 ? 

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

That passes the looks test.  That’s what real “ pamenter cheese “ looks like.   I don’t know where it came from. But it’s been a Christmas tradition in my wife’s family for over 100 years.  I took over making ours when her mom passed.    But I only make it for Christmas.  

Thank you, sir. It took a couple tries to get it right. I like the white cheddar cus it makes the yellow cheddar stand out!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MMB1500 said:

Just sharing this. It still gives me goosebumps watching it, even 15 years later. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJEysanOT7w

magic...those eyes

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

• tiderider changed the title to 2020 Masters Invitational champion is Dustin Johnson!
  • BAlberstadt pinned this topic
  • 1t2golf unpinned this topic