GWRX Putter Purchase Condition - You Decide

BigD

I recently purchased a Yonex Super ADX putter in the classified section from a member here. The pictures were not great but the member stated this putter was in mint condition and barely used. I received the putter today and the condition was no where near what was described. I paid $110 including shipping which I thought was a great deal considering the stated condition. I have included pictures and would welcome any feedback. The seller was appalled that I would want to return the putter. And yes, that is a hole in the putter shaft in the pictures. D0692B78-ED39-449C-A46A-3448DAA4A0FC.jpeg.004948022a06c588d153d7e22ded68d8.jpeg

3E771979-BE5E-430B-9979-8A5FE710C176.jpeg

AF44F243-8F2E-43A0-9D64-76393D516901.jpeg

0F9734B7-542E-473F-A487-3269FCAEB7A2.jpeg

D7869768-6308-4502-9652-1B3F9182FCD4.jpeg

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, BigD said:

I recently purchased a Yonex Super ADX putter in the classified section from a member here. The pictures were not great but the member stated this putter was in mint condition and barely used. I received the putter today and the condition was no where near what was described. I paid $110 including shipping which I thought was a great deal considering the stated condition. I have included pictures and would welcome any feedback. The seller was appalled that I would want to return the putter. And yes, that is a hole in the putter shaft in the pictures. D0692B78-ED39-449C-A46A-3448DAA4A0FC.jpeg.004948022a06c588d153d7e22ded68d8.jpeg

3E771979-BE5E-430B-9979-8A5FE710C176.jpeg

AF44F243-8F2E-43A0-9D64-76393D516901.jpeg

0F9734B7-542E-473F-A487-3269FCAEB7A2.jpeg

D7869768-6308-4502-9652-1B3F9182FCD4.jpeg

@BigD: Is this the advert/ same putter?
(Agree with you,
i.e. based on your post-purchase photos ... would agree i wouldn't call it "near mint" either!)

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

Here's the other side of the story.  The expectation of the buyer was to flip this putter and make money and not play it. I had this Yonex putter in the basement in a bag of other unused clubs for a long time and came across the attached post on Golf WRX:

After reading, I saw there were guys who really liked/collected and liked to play these so I DM'd some of the posters and was advised a fair price for my ADX was $100-150 because it had an after market steel shaft and no head cover. You read all the posts and you'll see what I mean.  I listed it on BST for $100 with all the photos I've attached on this thread and an accurate description for a 20+ year old putter.  I went on Ebay and saw one for $350 with a graphite shaft.  Other ADX's on Ebay were the same price as mine but the heads were all junk.  It's an antique.  For a 20+ year old putter it's in great shape and the price is more than fair given the advisement I got from posters and what else is available.  I had numerous offers on BST.  The putter was accurately advertised, the price was fair and the buyer decided to buy it.  I didn't hide anything or try to screw anyone.  He never asked for more photos which I would have gladly sent.  If he doesn't like the shaft or ferrule then spend $15 and fix it or sell it or use it, it's a great putter.  

IMG_20210106_181800.jpg

IMG_20210106_181733.jpg

IMG_20210106_181711.jpg

IMG_20210106_181658.jpg

“Flip it”?  LOL.  I have been on this site since it started and several other sites before that. I have bought and sold more clubs and golf equipment that I care to remember. I have never purchased anything with the intent of flipping it for a profit.  And, the Yonex Super ADX Blade putter market is not exactly a great spot to make your fortune. 

11 minutes ago, rjcejka said:

I stand by my post, photos and descriptions based on the the totality of everything I put on here. Good product, advertised accurately with photos clearly showing the condition and at a below market price. The point here is some people will never be satisfied. Nothing else to add.

Virtually no one would be satisfied with this putter based on your description/photos vs. the actual condition.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjcejka said:

That’s your opinion. For a 20 year old putter it is.  

This comment seals it. Mint is mint. Age is irrelevant. And that putter isn’t anywhere even remotely close to near perfect condition. I wouldn’t even describe it as good. It’s fair at best. 

OP just file the claim if you haven’t already done so. 

Edited by kdog25
  • Like 3

Rule 2 of buying on WRX.  If it says "mint" it probably isnt.  Too many times I have seen "mint" used in a description followed up with "played a few rounds" or "sat in a bag for years and only used twice", and there are marks all over it.  That's not mint.   To me, both are at fault.  Buyer for not requesting better pictures  and the seller for trying to pass something off as "mint" that clearly is not.  Age has nothing to do with it.  

2 hours ago, rjcejka said:

I stand by my post, photos and descriptions based on the the totality of everything I put on here. Good product, advertised accurately with photos clearly showing the condition and at a below market price. The point here is some people will never be satisfied. Nothing else to add.

Site needs a 👎 option. Who in the world would be satisfied with lies about the condition? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rjcejka said:

you are obviously a crazy person, That putter is average condition at best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No club with a hole in the shaft can be considered in "great shape" no matter its age.

The funny part is I bet the sale price wouldn't have been much different (granted, likely to someone different than OP) if he was honest about its condition (gamer with typical dings for a soft forging), especially the shaft issue.

Seller should refund rather than continuing to defend their shady tactics. 

• Like 1

It's not mint and negative feedback has been left. So file the PP claim (if you don't want it) send it back and be done. The seller had a chance to tell his side of the story and IMHO failed. Anyone dealing with him in the future will see the negative response and buyer beware from there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.