All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

kjbuckeye

On 4/30/2021 at 7:49 AM, solismr said:

@ericftI think what it is is that All-fit changed their standard screw that comes with the adapter to basically be the Ping #1 screw. I placed to separate order for adapters about 3 weeks apart and the second order all-fit screws are exactly the same as my ping#1 screw from my first order. 

That makes sense

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 4/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, Therty said:

Can someone who has all of the screws take a photo and measure the lengths? It would be much easier to just order the right size screws from mcmaster, and then you dont have to pay $25 shipping

👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

Top screw is the old "regular" All-Fit screw

2nd is the Ping/PXG screw. This, apparently, is now the "regular" screw

Bottom screw is the longer Cobra screw

1089430046_5-2-20214-01-33PM.jpg.f2d7241a4a5853c8b3ed3635fc0a46bf.jpg

Awesome!

so that looks like the OG screw is M4x15mm, the new screw is M4x18mm-ish, and the long screw is M4x25mm?

thanks!!

Ok, took more photos

Screw #1 Length is 15.5mm but thread to 15mm

Screw #2 17.5 mm and thread to 16.5 mm

Screw #3 26mm and thread to 24.5 mm

See photos below

3screwLength.jpg.a5dc3f0d0bd50209cd45f34a3da69043.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do these adapters have any sort or plastic/rubber ferrule or are they 100% metal? 

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

On 5/2/2021 at 9:39 PM, Therty said:

I can definitely source them. If @SwingBlues can confirm the lengths of the threads not including the head of the screws are correct. The only hard part will be getting the Torx head spec correct.

Did anything or anybody find a place to order some screws?  I want to switch out all my shafts and then all my drivers to the All-Fit.  Issue is all the Callaway, Titleist, Ping and PXG heads I've got.  My TM are fine and luckily only have a couple Cobra heads but I’ve got a Cally and Titleist heads that I need to swap out.  Don’t want to try to swap out screws and rubber washers at the range.   Stinks as I’ve got a couple tour issued heads I’d love to test but can’t as I don’t have enough of the screws.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Did anything or anybody find a place to order some screws?  I want to switch out all my shafts and then all my drivers to the All-Fit.  Issue is all the Callaway, Titleist, Ping and PXG heads I've got.  My TM are fine and luckily only have a couple Cobra heads but I’ve got a Cally and Titleist heads that I need to swap out.  Don’t want to try to swap out screws and rubber washers at the range.   Stinks as I’ve got a couple tour issued heads I’d love to test but can’t as I don’t have enough of the screws.

@Therty any updates on the McMaster screws now that you have the screw lengths?

Also, Top Golf does sell the extra PXG/Ping screws for like 4 for $1

If anyone is going to place an order, may be a good idea to get extra screws as well as extra ferrules with your order. (ferrules are allegedly the same ones as Ping ferrules)

Sorry guys I figured this out and never circled back. The 0.5mm of unthreaded post is for blind centering the screw in the adaptor while it’s in the head to prevent cross threading. Without it use the whole number length. I’m still looking for centering bolts, but see attached.

D17DD2DE-CF89-43DE-90F4-D4A142ECEBB0.png

They have some other lengths with a rounded head which would work.

Sort of looks like the choice is order 50 or pay $25 for shipping from All-fit haha

Edited by Therty

11 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

@Therty any updates on the McMaster screws now that you have the screw lengths?

Also, Top Golf does sell the extra PXG/Ping screws for like 4 for $1

If anyone is going to place an order, may be a good idea to get extra screws as well as extra ferrules with your order. (ferrules are allegedly the same ones as Ping ferrules)

If anyone is going to place an order please let me know.  I’d like to get a bunch of those.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

To me, I don't thing the partial threaded screw matters. I always go slow to make sure the thread engages properly. I've still found partial threaded adaptor screws to want to cross-thread sometimes. Just have to be careful. 

I found these screws on McMaster-Carr. They seem like the right fit, but fully threaded. Which, to me, is fine. They have a 25mm length for Ping/PXG. Has anyone verified the head diameter of the screw? If not, I can do it when I'm home this evening.

M4 Screw.PNG

WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*, NS Setting, Accra TZ6 55 M4 @ 45.5"

5 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC, 19*, ProjectX HZRDUS Yellow 60 6.0 @  42"

7 Wood: Maltby KE4 TC Hyway 21*, Aldila RIP beta, 70S, @  42" 

Irons: Maltby TS1 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105S, 7i 37"

Wedges: GW - TBD, SW - Maltby TSW Forged 54.10 bent 56.12, DG S300

Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 4 - 33"

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet +4 STD

Arccos accross the board.

Instagram: @buckeyegolf

1 minute ago, kjbuckeye said:

To me, I don't thing the partial threaded screw matters. I always go slow to make sure the thread engages properly. I've still found partial threaded adaptor screws to want to cross-thread sometimes. Just have to be careful. 

I found these screws on McMaster-Carr. They seem like the right fit, but fully threaded. Which, to me, is fine. They have a 25mm length for Ping/PXG. Has anyone verified the head diameter of the screw? If not, I can do it when I'm home this evening.

M4 Screw.PNG

I may have made a mistake. Normal adaptor screws are T25 torx bit, right? If so, these won't work.

WITB:

13 hours ago, kjbuckeye said:

I may have made a mistake. Normal adaptor screws are T25 torx bit, right? If so, these won't work.

T20 torx, check my post above. They have them at McMaster, 16mm (https://www.mcmaster.com/90362A122/) and 25mm (https://www.mcmaster.com/90362A168/), no problem. Metric dog point screws (the 0.5mm "unthreaded" end) are basically impossible to find in the US (much easier in Europe or from China), and I havent been taking my thrice annual trips to france because of covid - so mcmaster is the best bet unless someone has a local fastener shop with a good order department (or are exceptionally lucky).

EDIT: It looks like there are some conflicting reports out there about T20 vs T25. I can say with 100% certainty that the stock All-fit screw is T20 and NOT T25, so the mcmaster screws should work. 

088DB0A9-1E71-42F8-83A9-9F7AE16D07A3.jpeg

Edited by Therty
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing with the Callaway adapter vs All-Fit is the latter is lighter by 1 gm approximately

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Looks like it. It seems that Top Golf manufacturers these and most likely license the sale of these through other distributors. 

• Like 2

WITB:

Billy Bobs did say they are going to be bringing in a "new" Universal adapter system and this seems to be it. Did not like their original CMX because of the sheer weight.

😁

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Will these adapters play the same length (and same trimming) as stock adapters? Particularly Callaway and Taylormade? Is it in any way less adjustable than the Callaway/TM adapters or any other cons to be aware of before ordering? Interested in both driver and hybrid model.

Also, are the ones sold at Billy Bobs the same "Gen 3" ones on All-Fits site or an older generation?

Edited by RobDMB
  • Like 1

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

8 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I have 2 Callaway drivers that I am using All-Fit. Here are the facts: You lose the Draw and Standard bias you had with the OEM Callaway. If you think about it the OEM has 2 rings while the All-Fit has only a single collar. The loft is 0.75 increments from -1.5 to + 1.5. But hey, you are buying the ability to use your shaft in ANY MAJOR OEM head but the price you pay is the loss of the Standard/Draw bias collar. Personally, I do not miss and I use to have it in the "D" setting.

The All-Fit insertion is deep. See my picture above I posted here. Also check out my 2nd post on this thread if you want to compare the insertion depth of the All-Fit versus OEM - that will give you a better idea.

After talking with a Top Golf sales associate, I can confirm the Billy Bob's CMX are the SAME All-Fit. Billy Bob is an old customer of Top Golf so BB version of the collar has a slightly different laser etching than the Top Golf version. No big deal, its the exact same collar.

I have had the All-Fit adapter system many months now. In fact I just placed my 3rd order with Top Golf. Their product is STELLAR and RELIABLE.

Oh, a big THANK YOU to Club Conex for shunning us Uni-Fit adopters and no longer selling us any of your Uni-Fit adapters/collars. Without you forcing us out, we would NEVER have jumped onto the Top Golf All-Fit system. I will never recommend anyone to use your Uni-Fit system, or use any Club Conex products after what you did.

Top Golf & All-Fit all the way, baby!

I totally agree with the club conex part. It was a blessing in disguise. @swingblues when you say you order from topgolf do you mean the allfit place in China that ships fedex or is there a top golf place in the US you can order from other than billy bobs?