New 2021 Titleist irons (Updated w/ Links to in-hand photos)

pga43

3 hours ago, willy31 said:

Get out! Congrats....I called Titleist last Friday and my order is still delayed due to shafts.  My order was in on 7/24 with AMT white s300.

dang. I ordered 8/14. T100S… same shafts, but went with S400 AMT whites, Z grips, custom lies, etc. 

played my first round with them today! 

hope you get yours soon, they are friggin fantastic! Some of the best irons I’ve hit. I think people understate how forgiving these can be, but the flight is incredible, piercing with a fantastic descent angle. 

Got T100 with Modus 120x. Surprisingly, this is my first set of Titleist irons ever. They went straight in the bag. Love everything about them. Looks, feel, flight, distance, control. I am low launch and spin so went with the T100 over the S. They are super easy to hit for me and I am no great iron player. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I received my T100s early September but have been waiting on a couple T200 utility builds (stock HZRDUS RDX black shafts and grips). Every couple weeks I call for status and they kept telling me the heads are in just waiting for other components (didn’t know what components). In the time ive been waiting, I reflected and asked myself if I really should be gaming these. I then called yesterday and received similar answer, but they stated it was now delayed until best case scenario end of October (btw Titleist service rep was great and didn’t push back or try to talk me out of cancellation request, which probably indicates I wouldn’t realistically be getting these things for a really really long time). After cancellation, I ordered a couple TSi2 hybrids from TGW and has already shipped, expected to arrive next couple days 🙂

• Like 1

Ordered mine in late July.  Supposedly an early November ship date... KBS shafts are the problem...  I haven't had one smooth transaction through titleseist (even with stock shaft/grip) in a looooong time.

Driver: 10* Titleist TSi3 w/Ventus Black 6

3-Wood: 15* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

5-Wood: 18* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

Hybrid: 21* Titleist 818H2 w/Graphite Design HY-95

Irons (3-P): Titleist 2021 T100 w/KBS Tour

Wedges (50*, 54*, 60*): Vokey WedgeWorks SM8 w/KBS Tour

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black

**14-club set-up course/conditions dependent

31 minutes ago, swo83 said:

Ordered mine in late July.  Supposedly an early November ship date... KBS shafts are the problem...  I haven't had one smooth transaction through titleseist (even with stock shaft/grip) in a looooong time.

What sucks about what is going on with Titleist is that with some of these shafts, there are major distributors in the US that have a ton of shaft sets on hand. For example, I know a distributor that has a ton of Nippon 950 shafts on hand, and this is one that is out. Of course Titleist wouldn't buy from them because they get a larger discount direct. 

Ordered 8/1. 8/16 communication indicated all components (T100/KBS/Tour Wrap) in stock. 9/1 (T100) heads are back ordered until 10/16- looking at November delivery.

Driver: Ping G430 Max (10.5) - Ventus (Velocore) Blue 5S
3 Wood: Ping G425 Max (14.5 Degree) - Ventus (Velocore) Red 5S
5 Wood: Ping G425 Max (17.5 Degree) - CB Alta 65S
9 Wood: Ping G430 Max (23 Degree) - CB Alta Black 65S 

5 Hybrid: Ping G425 (26 Degree) - CB Alta 70S

Titleist T150 8-PW KBS $ Taper (115)  

Titleist T200 6/7 KBS $ Taper (115)

Vokey (49/53) Degree) SM8 F Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Vokey (58 Degree) SM7 S Grind - KBS Tour (120)
Putter: Scotty  - Special Select Newport 2.5

Well canceling not an option for me now. I was informed yesterday that my order for the T100s 3-AW with modus 125x is now in process and will ship in the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed as I really want to try this set. One thing is for sure if they don’t work out, they should be easy to sell! Haha! 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Just want to rant about something here quickly. My irons shipped out last Monday. I live in Philly, Yesterday they were two hours away in PA and now they’re in Maryland????? Maybe I shouldn’t complain because I’m lucky my irons have shipped unlike other peoples, but is it too much to ask for them to put them on an airplane for 2 day shipping? Just seems kind of strange that $1500 irons are taking this long shipping but maybe there’s a reason they can’t fly them. 

33 minutes ago, PingGuy123 said:

Just want to rant about something here quickly. My irons shipped out last Monday. I live in Philly, Yesterday they were two hours away in PA and now they’re in Maryland????? Maybe I shouldn’t complain because I’m lucky my irons have shipped unlike other peoples, but is it too much to ask for them to put them on an airplane for 2 day shipping? Just seems kind of strange that $1500 irons are taking this long shipping but maybe there’s a reason they can’t fly them. 

Totally agree with you! There is no reason they should be at least 2nd day airing these to us! Actually I thought they were?? Maybe you will get one of those fancy $1500 T100 towels with your free, delayed irons! 🤣

• Haha 1

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

57 minutes ago, PingGuy123 said:

I live in NY and I always insist on priority overnight shipping from Titleist. Door to door in less then 24 hours guaranteed. It only costs $25 and is worth every penny to get them 5-6 days earlier. I also don’t want them sitting on a truck for a week, being passed along through multiple shipping centers. 

1 hour ago, PingGuy123 said:

i wish companies would stop using FedEx and you’ll get them quicker 

I finally got to spend some real course time with the T100’s this weekend. I had only gotten in a few range sessions and 9 holes prior to the weekend. I gamed them in our first club championship of the new year this weekend. I’m an 8 handicap and shot 81 the first day (net -1). I didn’t score nearly as well the second day due to a 9 on a par 4 but I’m pleased with the irons.

Visually, I couldn’t ask for more. They aren’t the softest irons that I have ever hit but I don’t find them firm by any means. I would say the ZX7’s I was gaming previously felt a bit softer. 

I consider myself a solid but far from exceptional ball striker on most days with my irons and thought the forgiveness was good for an iron this size.

Also worth noting, our head pro and director of instruction still have not received theirs and they were fit prior to pre-order date. 

Edited by JStang

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

14 hours ago, kingbing said:

Response Directly from Titleist.

2039FC00-4F8D-473F-916F-3B9073F100F4.png

I was frustrated this weekend with all the delays and incorrect information i was provided by Titleist and also the crappy build on the 48 degree wedge that got sent to me without the remainder of the set. Was also tired of whatever responses I would get from Titleist Customer Service. So I guessed the email address of a Titleist exec and sent a polite complaint. Actually got a personalized response back within a couple of hours. Although that didn't solve any of the issues, i did get an apology and a commitment to look into the issues further. Wasn't actually even expecting a response. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Careful when you reshaftvthese new T200, my local shop showed me what happens when the back plastic gets even the slightest heat… it’s a shrink wrap that crinkles up. I gotta say, the backs on the new T200 are as bad as people above complained about now that I have my set. 

Edited by drscott266

ordered 8/16 - T100s, 4-P, Modus 120 S, +.5", up 1.5*

did an outdoor fitting with titleist and followed up with a few comparison sessions at golf galaxy to try out other brands before choosing the T100s.

clubs were delivered 9/24, but played my first round with them yesterday.  i warmed up with just wedges, so my first ever swing with the new clubs was on the second hole... a par 3, playing 185.  hit 6i a little bit thin, but ended up about 10 ft... not a bad start, and an early sign that they'd be more forgiving than expected.  on the next hole, i had a similar distance in and hit a better shot that went a little bit long.

throughout the rest of the round i seemed to come across a lot of 8i shots. only hit 5i once and no 4i.

coming from my i200s i noticed a few differences:

• the T100s profile is A LOT smaller, especially getting into the long irons.  they look spectacular, but it was a little intimidating.
  • no issues with forgiveness.  not going to say they are as forgiving as my PINGs, but didn't have any shots where i felt the results would've been better with a more forgiving club.  but i'm definitely glad that i'll get some range time in with the 4i before i need to hit a real shot.
  • i know turf interaction is a touchy subject, but the way these feel going through the ground is unique... and certainly night and day from the i200.  i find it quite nice, and i swear i can really feel the heel relief in the sole design.  also, felt good coming out of the rough.
  • the feel is great.  again, big difference from the i200.  had similar improvement going from G400Max driver to TSi2.  a well struck shot just feels pure and almost like it didn't happen... PING always had that little extra sound and harshness (not at all saying PINGs are harsh though, loved the 400Max and the i200s)
  • biggest surprise was the distance.  i expected distance to be fairly aligned with the i200... 1* less loft, but probably a little less hot of face... but at least yesterday i found the T100s to be at least half a club longer.  time will tell if that holds true.  i'm hoping to do some direct comparisons on trackman at my next lesson.  i didn't see as big a gap in my outdoor fitting, but i wasn't swinging great that day either.

one round isn't much of a dataset, but i'm excited with what i saw and look forward to spending some more time with them.

• Like 3

WITB:

D - Titleist TSi2

3w - Titleist TSi2

3h - Titleist TSi2

4-9i - Titleist T100s

45*, 49*, 54*, 58* - Artisan Golf

P - Artisan Golf 0117

On 10/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, darkman8 said:

I live in NY and I always insist on priority overnight shipping from Titleist. Door to door in less then 24 hours guaranteed. It only costs $25 and is worth every penny to get them 5-6 days earlier. I also don’t want them sitting on a truck for a week, being passed along through multiple shipping centers. 

Damn, if i knew there was that option i would have jumped on it.  Especially with the part of them sitting on all those trucks.  My irons route: CA -> AZ -> TX -> KS -> IL -> OH -> PA -> MD -> PA.  Oh what a journey it has been.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:42 PM, toothysaw2 said:

ordered 8/16 - T100s, 4-P, Modus 120 S, +.5", up 1.5*

did an outdoor fitting with titleist and followed up with a few comparison sessions at golf galaxy to try out other brands before choosing the T100s.

clubs were delivered 9/24, but played my first round with them yesterday.  i warmed up with just wedges, so my first ever swing with the new clubs was on the second hole... a par 3, playing 185.  hit 6i a little bit thin, but ended up about 10 ft... not a bad start, and an early sign that they'd be more forgiving than expected.  on the next hole, i had a similar distance in and hit a better shot that went a little bit long.

throughout the rest of the round i seemed to come across a lot of 8i shots. only hit 5i once and no 4i.

coming from my i200s i noticed a few differences:

• the T100s profile is A LOT smaller, especially getting into the long irons.  they look spectacular, but it was a little intimidating.
  • no issues with forgiveness.  not going to say they are as forgiving as my PINGs, but didn't have any shots where i felt the results would've been better with a more forgiving club.  but i'm definitely glad that i'll get some range time in with the 4i before i need to hit a real shot.
  • i know turf interaction is a touchy subject, but the way these feel going through the ground is unique... and certainly night and day from the i200.  i find it quite nice, and i swear i can really feel the heel relief in the sole design.  also, felt good coming out of the rough.
  • the feel is great.  again, big difference from the i200.  had similar improvement going from G400Max driver to TSi2.  a well struck shot just feels pure and almost like it didn't happen... PING always had that little extra sound and harshness (not at all saying PINGs are harsh though, loved the 400Max and the i200s)
  • biggest surprise was the distance.  i expected distance to be fairly aligned with the i200... 1* less loft, but probably a little less hot of face... but at least yesterday i found the T100s to be at least half a club longer.  time will tell if that holds true.  i'm hoping to do some direct comparisons on trackman at my next lesson.  i didn't see as big a gap in my outdoor fitting, but i wasn't swinging great that day either.

one round isn't much of a dataset, but i'm excited with what i saw and look forward to spending some more time with them.

Great review. Re: delivery times: I think if you get fitted directly with Titleist, you "jump the queue" - similarly how Taylormade does it for fittings at The Kingdom. Basically your clubs get the highest priority and you get first dibs on components.

8 hours ago, m_w said:

Great review. Re: delivery times: I think if you get fitted directly with Titleist, you "jump the queue" - similarly how Taylormade does it for fittings at The Kingdom. Basically your clubs get the highest priority and you get first dibs on components.

That's interesting.  I did a fitting at my club with a Titleist guy since our pro is a big Titleist guy and one of their featured teacher. Only been a couple of weeks but they are listed as "in progress" which I have no idea if that actually means in production. But, whatever, I can wait. 

On 9/22/2021 at 5:48 AM, toddba11 said:

They said they could build up a standard Tour Velvet to midsize so I went with that……..not crazy about no logo, but the grips feel fine…………not sure if they have grips now, this was a couple weeks ago, but I doubt it………

FB4EAA59-8FCA-4B9F-9845-D01A32FE9A11.jpeg.2b38f10b4a07b3dd4a0b24557700f227.jpeg

Would love to know where did you get this grip from?

1 hour ago, GWfool said:

That's interesting.  I did a fitting at my club with a Titleist guy since our pro is a big Titleist guy and one of their featured teacher. Only been a couple of weeks but they are listed as "in progress" which I have no idea if that actually means in production. But, whatever, I can wait. 

Just to be clear, I’m talking about their Carlsbad TPI facility. 

• Like 1